Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

My husband and I have been mainlining Cops for the past few months and somehow missed that this show existed until last week. I am SO hooked! I've set it up to record old ones and we're watching the new ones live. And now I want to sit for the Bar to become a defense attorney because MAN... 

• Love 4

I have been watching from the start.  It is definitely addicting.

Perhaps the most interesting thing that has happened is the audience participation.  It started awhile back when Twitter blew up because the officers missed a perp throwing dope out a window and the viewers caught it.  It has happened a few times since.

Since I have been watching I pay a lot more attention to how I drive since I have learned that if an officer has some sort of suspicion they will pull you over for the slightest thing.  One little swerve onto a yellow line or no turn signal. That then gives them the right to search you and your car.   Make sure you stop completely for stop signs too.

We have seen some profiling too.

• Love 2

I think most of the officers are on their best behavior but once in awhile some snarkyness comes out.

Lots of people love Sticks because he is handsome and buff.   His dept. is no longer on the show though because of him. Had to do with a stop he made which reeked of profiling.   

My favorites are Officers Casey and Jacobs out of Phoenix.  They seem genuinely honest and fair. Officer Casey seems to end up with a lot of stops that become weird , gross, funny or all 3.   Lots of sexual toys involved.

Can't think of their names, but a few officers seem like real assholes. Maryland comes to mind.

• Love 1

Glad to see this forum. My brother, an avid Cops fan from the beginning, discovered it.

I FF through a lot of the lengthy car chases, but feel I've learned a lot about the traffic stop process.

I could watch Deputy Lawrence (Columbia, SC) josh with the oldtimers all day; there have been two great scenes on different nights with him stopping some older men, then having extended conversations with them. But watch out if you're a bad guy.  Lawrence looks all around while questioning you, given the impression of half-listening, and then BAM he cuts his eyes back to you and drills you with questions. 

Obviously Sticks Larkin has a huge fan base. I think we saw him break the wall weeks ago when he was on set with Abrams and Tom and Sticks referenced getting an agent. Then he wasn't on again for about a month. Perhaps a coincidence but I wondered about his superiors getting their feathers ruffled at the thought of him leaving police work.

I used to watch Abrams legal/crime show, and then he disappeared, apparently to fight cancer. He does a good job  on this show  but I don't like it when he gets smug and condescending about some of the folks who get captured by the cameras.

• Love 3

The thing that makes this show so addictive is the fact that not every car they pull over for a minor violation turns out to have a kilo of meth in the trunk.

The regular interaction is often more interesting than the "big bust".

• Love 1

4/21 episode. Really felt bad for the guy in Fla. with the back issues getting his weed taken away. He thought Fla. was a medicinal state. Are there any on the east coast? I'm getting tired of the DUI stops. Yes they need to be done but stop filming those! Go to the good stuff! Car chases and shootings!

• Love 2

I wonder how much A&E is paying the cities featured in the show? I also wonder if we would see the traffic stops if the officers weren't being filmed? I think the angriest I've been watching this show was the guy who was driving with his child not in a car seat. I hope Child Protective Services was called.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BookWitch said:

Are there any on the east coast

Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maine, Connecticut, NJ, Rhode Island, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Vermont all have some form of medical (though some are CBD only, and some are way more lax), NY is "decriminalized" (no jail time for a small amount). DC is fully legal for posession with restrictions (because of the federal government being there, it gets complicated in DC), and Massachusetts has legalized. 

Florida is CBD only.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Meowwww said:

My elderly mom lives alone in Greenville SC.  This scares me!!!  But a fascinating show. 

Hopefully she is in a different part of town.   The area's they are in seem a lot worse than Richland County.      And....Richland County has gone downhill fast.

I like Moschetto, at least he's not a dick while giving the DUI tests, and he really seems to be fair about it. 

I find the whole DUI test fascinating. And I once failed a field sobriety test while stone cold sober and then blew a 0.0 on the field breathalyzer and was let go with a "God damn! I've never seen that before!" That being said it seems like the ones I see on all of these cop shows now are almost more about analyzing the driver's ability to listen and follow instructions as much as it is whether they can walk the line etc. When I failed mine it was on the eye thing, because they took off my glasses and then said my eyes weren't focusing on the pen properly... well duh. I don't have on my glasses. I then DID fail the rest of it balance wise because I had recently had a stroke.  

I listened to Moschetto scoring one of the tests this weekend. He then accuses the person of being drunk.   In this case I thought the person would of passed.

People imo are going to be nervous right off the bat and he seemed to consider one stumble or forgetting to say "one" after the number a fail.

Me being me, with severe test anxiety would never be able to remember the instructions. Then I would be so nervous trying to remember the verbal, I would stumble and fail with flying colors stone cold sober.

I just get a strong vibe he is looking for even the smallest crumb to arrest someone.

Believe me, I am strongly against drunk drivers (since I was severely injured by one as a child) but I do not think much of these physical tests. 

I think he has a big chip on his shoulder. 

Sorry about your stroke.  I hope you are okay. :)

On 4/29/2017 at 10:17 PM, Meowwww said:

My elderly mom lives alone in Greenville SC.  This scares me!!!  But a fascinating show. 

That place is buzzing with crazy activity!!! They were super busy this Saturday night.

I love this show so much. I came across it about a month ago and I've been hooked ever since.  Don't even DVR it.  I actually sit and watch it real time unlike any of my other shows lol 

my favorites have been the mom's getting busted down in Florida for letting their teenagers and their friends drink on spring break. 

• Love 2

Why doesn't he just give them the breathalyzer first??? All those tests are stupid. 

After he eff-ed up and let a guy go a couple weeks ago because the tests didn't show him to be drunk (except the breathalyzer) I've noticed he doesn't really give anyone an inch lately. 

• Love 2

There is a really gorgeous officer on this show. I think his name is Chris Maserati(?) I think he is in the South Carolina area. Anyway, he's nice to look at.

Officer Sticks annoys me. He has this really cocky attitude that puts me off.

• Love 1

I agree about Sticks.

Back to Moschetto from last week.  In addition to what I have already said, he definitely has a verbal tic where he repeats himself numerous times.

One time I counted 8 times in a row.

If I were his commander, I would make him get a neuro exam.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:25 PM, Suzy123 said:

There is a really gorgeous officer on this show. I think his name is Chris Maserati(?) I think he is in the South Carolina area. Anyway, he's nice to look at.

Officer Sticks annoys me. He has this really cocky attitude that puts me off.

SC has all the good looking guys! lol 

I think Sticks has to be kinda cocky... being in the gang unit and all... you probably have to have a specific personality to interact with those people who think they're tougher than everyone.

On the Live PD facebook page they've put some videos up of him and they're fun.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, gunderda said:

SC has all the good looking guys! lol 

I think Sticks has to be kinda cocky... being in the gang unit and all... you probably have to have a specific personality to interact with those people who think they're tougher than everyone.

On the Live PD facebook page they've put some videos up of him and they're fun.

SC does have all the good looking cops! Tapler, I  think his name is,  is also pretty sexy. 

Kevin Lawrence is my favorite! He is absolutely gorgeous and so laid back. Mohler is second. He's sooooo tall! You don't really notice until he's standing next to another man. I love the way he speaks to people. 

I am completely addicted to this show.

• Love 3

My new addiction because I can do other things and just let this air (and air and air and air ... is it on 24/7?) and not pay full attention for fear of missing something key. 

TOTALLY agree on Kevin Lawrence ... LOVE him. Love his attitude and calmitude. There's also an officer whose name escapes me (I'm sure when I watch today he'll be on) who is one of the Greenville cops and is SO adorable! 

I got a kick out of the chase in Phoenix they showed a few nights ago (I think it was live, not a re-air, but not sure) where they all wound up at Metrocenter mall because I recognized every single stretch of that chase and when I was there for a work event for about two weeks we stayed at a hotel literally across the street from that mall and did all our shopping there.

Also, again not sure if it was a re-air, but there was one sobriety test I watched last night ... the guy (he had on different color socks, one white and one black) had to do the walking one foot in front of the other and then hold his leg up for a certain amount of time ... it was more like fraternity hazing ... I was watching thinking that regardless of whether this guy was guilty or not, he was being totally set up to fail ... I COULD NEVER HAVE PASSED THAT TEST (like another poster here, I had a stroke that while I have no visible symptoms, my balance is terrible and my poor short-term memory would make some of those things like -- how many steps? With what foot? THEN what? -- would make me seem if not drunk at least very scatter-brained). 

That said, I may have to lay off of this a bit ... last night had HORRIBLE nightmares and I could place every single one of them on what we call "day residue" from this show. 

There was a really cute cop on Friday's show. He was in Utah and he responded at the scene of a crash. He had gorgeous blue eyes. They should follow him.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:17 PM, Meowwww said:

Greenville is very safe overall. Live pd mostly stays in the bad parts of town, which are few. Just give downtown greenville a google look at the photos, it's beautiful there! Nothing like what you see on the show. Most of the surrounding cities are very nice too, don't be too worried ;)

12 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Are there any officers that you dislike? 

I'm not too keen on Officer Moscetto (sp?) I think he is is kind if condescending towards people. 

I posted about Moschetto above.  Can't stand him.  

There was a sadistic officer on last night.  I THINK he was from Mission, TX but he could have been from SC.  Anyway, this hispanic officer pulled over an elderly hispanic motorcyclist.  He had obviously had been drinking, but the officer was talking fast, and NOT speaking spanish, when the man kept trying to respond in spanish.  He was confusing the old guy on purpose!  The cop apparently either has a grudge against old people, or just hates motorcyclists.  It was really a distasteful episode, and I wish I could contact his superior officer.

• Love 1

On the other hand, another officer last night had pulled over a PT Cruiser full of (I think) older teenagers.  He was polite and charming and informative and just an all around good guy!  They ended up with the drug dog in their car, but the cop treated everyone with respect the whole time.

1 hour ago, crimsongrl said:

Was anyone watching last night!? I was beyond shocked! Thank god the baby is okay. How she survived all that and with no car seat in the car is incredible!

I needed a glass of wine after watching that.

It was so scary. At one point while they were fighting, the guy put his hand in his pocket and I thought, Mastrianni was going to be shot.

I agree, its a miracle the child was not injured or killed.  The way that guy was driving made it very clear he doesn't give a shit about this child.

At one point he called the child ......it.   Wow......

• Love 5

I agree, that was a horrifying chase and accident!  Such a miracle the baby was not hurt!  Maybe the local PD should review their chase policies.

That one guy, a group of "loiterers" I think, who ran and was caught!  He was twisting around so bad and trying to be in the cop's face, maybe trying to spit?  He was out of control, screaming and writhing, I just don't know how the police can do that stuff day in day out.  Finally he was being contained by the other cop, who got tired of his nonsense, and SET him on the ground; I loved it!

• Love 4

^ Oh, man! When the officer lifted that guy up and put him on the ground, that was awesome. It was a very fluid movement and the officer's face never changed.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, crimsongrl said:

Was anyone watching last night!? I was beyond shocked! Thank god the baby is okay. How she survived all that and with no car seat in the car is incredible!

I needed a glass of wine after watching that.

Happened in my little city.  As you can imagine, there's a ton of press here, no doubt because it was on television.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Cherrio said:

It was so scary. At one point while they were fighting, the guy put his hand in his pocket and I thought, Mastrianni was going to be shot.

I agree, its a miracle the child was not injured or killed.  The way that guy was driving made it very clear he doesn't give a shit about this child.

At one point he called the child ......it.   Wow......

I thought the same thing when he reached into his pocket. Thank God it didn't happen and the child was okay.

• Love 4

When that guy reached in his pocket I thought he had a knife and I was screaming at my tv.  I know the production crew is not supposed to get involved but damned if I would allow a policeman to be harmed or killed while I stood there filming.  The least the cameraman could/should have done is stand on the guys hand.  Those people standing around filming, jeering, doing nothing should be ashamed.  Did y'all notice how they were jeering when the other officers showed up?

• Love 4

Now the mother of the child is defending her boyfriend.    She is also claiming the car was on fire and he was only trying to get the little girl out of there.

I didn't see any fire, I didn't see any firefighters with water or that stuff they spray on a car.

Dad and Mom of the Year !!    Right......

No car seat, high speed chase, drugs, spent bullets.    

She also claims it was the fault of the police and needing to fill up the jail.

• Love 5