Type keyword(s) to search

American Ripper - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nessie said:

And now I have my part!  I took a week-long training on past-life regression years ago.  Pretty sure I remember how to do it.

Oh good. I was worried we wouldn't be able to find an expert. Good. We've got our killer, our victim, we've got some experts to consult with, we've even got Lizzie Borden making a guest appearance (perhaps a tease of what next season will be about). Now, who do we pitch this to? It would be at least as credible as this was, and I'd wager a LOT more entertaining.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Oh good. I was worried we wouldn't be able to find an expert. Good. We've got our killer, our victim, we've got some experts to consult with, we've even got Lizzie Borden making a guest appearance (perhaps a tease of what next season will be about). Now, who do we pitch this to? It would be at least as credible as this was, and I'd wager a LOT more entertaining.

Well, I'm almost short enough to be a little person and almost fat enough to be rated as obese . . . so TLC might be interested.

• Love 4

They could squeeze another season out of this by turning it into one of those ghost hunting shows with the night vision and EVPs.  They could follow Jeff Mudgett around at night, trying to catch footage of Holmes' ghost trying to contact him and convince him to commit more murders.  Maybe over the course of the season Jeff can slowly start acting more and more possessed, just to up the drama.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, smorbie said:

So YOU'RE the spirit that's been haunting me making me perform these horrible acts!

Oh, yeah...sorry about that

So we have a recovering hoarder who may hold the key to Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance, possibly being directed by a mild-mannered actuary/mom of 3 who may or may not be the reincarnation of Hoffa, SoS, & Lizzie Borden, and 2 experts in past-life transgressions, one of whom identifies as a fabled Scottish sea creature. Add in Jason & Grant with their night vision cameras & EVPs and we can't lose!!

Edited by Toothbrush
  • Love 4

We could do a show where we do backwards genealogy on serial killers. Knock on some poor schmucks door and tell them they are Lizzie Bordon's great great grand nephew. Stop someone on the street "Hey, did you know you're ancestor is Erzabet Bathory?" "surprise, your grandfather slaughtered children with his girlfriend!" Of course we'd need a therapist on hand to really milk their reactions. And again it would be more well researched and authentic than this.

And OMG I want to be Barbara Stanwick from Double Indemnity. Well, really I want to be Myrna Loy from The Thin Man. Oooh, I just need a Bill Powell. We can be a crime fighting team from the past who solve mysteries from the past.

Yeah, the best thing about this show is the ridiculous spin offs we can come up with. haha

• Love 2

Mod Note:

Your posts made me chuckle, but as they are only tangentially related to the show they belong in the Small Talk topic. So I'd appreciate it if you moved this conversation over there; then I won't have any potential murderous urges (being English I could be related to the Yorkshire Ripper - full disclosure: I'm not.)

Thanks.

• Love 1