Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Rinna often goes back to "I have a good life" - her default when she's feeling wounded. But it's almost as if she's trying to convince herself - since Harry has a history of violence, do we know if Rinna's home life is good?

None of us know if ANY of these women have a good life at home. Aside from Vanderpump whose husband is pretty close to brain dead (sorry Ken ) we're not seeing much realness on these reality shows and will never know if any if these couples are truly happy. But I do love Rinna's house!

I've not heard about Harry's "history of violence".  Do tell cause i have an enquiring mind! Lol

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I dislike Kim and have for a long time! She is nasty drunk or sober but Rinna crossed so many lines so many times that she doesn't get any sympathy from me at all. How many times does Rinna get to smack talk/lie about someone, cry when she gets caught, then says she is "now moved past it" and the offended HW is expected to forgive her before she gets held accountable? I dislike her even more because here I am defending Kim all because Rinna used her for a storyline this season.....again!

Yes!

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Rinna essentially admitted she made it up as retaliation for a Xanax problem accusation she made up about herself.  I actually applaud Dorit and PK for not speaking for others regarding whether or nor they do drugs.  I do believe PK managed to work in something about his guests but it got lost in Rinna and Erika's talk overs. It wasn't a question it was an accusation and Rinna buttressed it with "what she saw". 

That's exactly what she did!  And if Kim could have kept her fat mouth shut, I bet she was going to give the same reason for why she told Eden all that about Kim.  Andy (or someone) asked why she said it, and she started to answer, but Kim interrupted with, "She doesn't remember!"  But I was sure she was going to say that she was pissed about the night before (game night).  And I feel like this is the third time I've posted this in as many weeks - I just can't with how she doesn't even see how wrong/childish that is, or understand why it pisses people off.  I was even "on her side" when she smashed the glass (as in not something I would ever think of doing, but it is a HW show after all :) - but then to hear that she sent Kim all those "fuck you up" texts off the show - okay, no.  But she just acted like "oh well, that's how people act."  It is NOT how normal people act, Rinna.  Just like we don't scream, "Fuck you, Dorit!" and then show up to dinner with Dorit the next day acting like nothing happened.  Most of these women I go back and forth with liking or being annoyed with, or in the cases of Carlton and Yo I just didn't like them ever, but Brandi, Kim and Rinna all seem to have something seriously wrong with them that is more than just showing off and carrying on for their stupid tv show.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I know Rinna mentioned who designed her dress when she said she’d be wearing the dress again. I remember Andy pointing out that Rinna and Erika had the same shoes. Did he go down the line and ask each “who” they were wearing?

I’d like to know if Da-Twit’s dress was designed by Kingsley. It reminds me of a t-shirt  I washed that got stuck to the agitator

I don't remember on the shoes, but I believe Rinna's dress is Victoria Beckham...she's worn her dress before...I think an off white reunion dress.  I do like the way Rinna dresses, but I don't like her own fashion line!  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, AndySmith said:

He was on The Apprentice UK for 4 seasons, before he declared he was bankrupt. He does seem thirsty to be back on TV...

This makes a lot of sense.

Man, this season started out great for me and has really just bummed me out. I haven't enjoyed it for weeks. I can't even comment on the whole pantygate/Erika thing because the discussion has ruined the show and forum for me. I'm skipping the next ep. 

LOL.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Left couch- fuck off!

I don't even care that Kim did what she did since my Rinna (and Erika and Eileen) hate is at an all time level this season. And good for Dorit standing her ground against the 3 b/witches.

OMG. I totally agree. I know what Kim did was tacky and petty and just plain old mean, but in my view Rinna totally deserved it. I doubt she felt as hurt by the bunny incident as she tried to make us believe, but that bitch says whatever the hell she wants with no consequences and she's just as mean as Kim but tries to hide it with her sense of "humor" and "kooky personality." Why is Harry Hamlin married to her?

The way Rinna treated Eden, too, is reprehensible. You don't say all that crazy shit about Kim and then forget those words came out of your mouth. That's half the reason why Eden was so weird and invasive with the Richards sisters. She was totally wrong and grossly clingy, but Rinna led her down that garden path in the first place. 

Ashley Abbott can take a seat, too. She never, ever holds her so-called BFF accountable for anything and that is just plain wrong.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, hecate2909 said:

Yet I have seen it more and more.

I'm constantly hearing people on TV using the word "whenever" when they mean "when", as though those two words are interchangeable (they're not!), but that doesn't mean it's actually an acceptable thing to do.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, lunastartron said:

It's a little disquieting how rabidly Erika wants to occupy a position of sexual victimization to the point that she's presenting as fact fantasies about her husband becoming involved; associates of Mr Girardi evidently revictimizing her by impugning her sexual virtue**; and demanding mea culpas to him based on those morbid visions of herself as Tess of the D'urbervilles.

*physical contact or no is a distinction with rather a difference IMO 

** Erika is not Desdemona

I'm not seeing this odd link you've made from Housewives to Hardy. Tess the character lives for years in shame and silence; Erika the person has been more than candid and vocal about her feelings related to Flashgate/Snatchgate/Pantygate/choose your Gate. Absolutely no correlation at all, IMO.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, politichick said:

OMG. I totally agree. I know what Kim did was tacky and petty and just plain old mean, but in my view Rinna totally deserved it. I doubt she felt as hurt by the bunny incident as she tried to make us believe, but that bitch says whatever the hell she wants with no consequences and she's just as mean as Kim but tries to hide it with her sense of "humor" and "kooky personality."Why is Harry Hamlin married to her? W

The way Rinna treated Eden, too, is reprehensible. You don't say all that crazy shit about Kim and then forget those words came out of your mouth. That's half the reason why Eden was so weird and invasive with the Richards sisters. She was totally wrong and grossly clingy, but Rinna led her down that garden path in the first place. 

Ashley Abbott can take a seat, too. She never, ever holds her so-called BFF accountable for anything and that is just plain wrong.

I think we may have to accept that Harry Hamlin may well be as big an asshole as his wife, but just much better at not displaying that fact in public.

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

I'm not seeing this odd link you've made from Housewives to Hardy. Tess the character lives for years in shame and silence; Erika the person has been more than candid and vocal about her feelings related to Flashgate/Snatchgate/Pantygate/choose your Gate. Absolutely no correlation at all, IMO.

Yeah I'm not seeing it either.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

I think we may have to accept that Harry Hamlin may well be as big an asshole as his wife, but just much better at not displaying that fact in public.

The more Harry Hamlin talks the more tarnished he becomes.  From encouraging his wife to send Kim threatening texts (go girl go_ to watching the show and endorsing Rinna's behavior.  Every time he is on WWHL he makes some huge gaff that reveals, in spite of his smooth voice and mellow demeanor he is not terribly logical or real.  An example:  Harry asked about going "full frontal" bad idea as it lasts forever.  Would not endorse his wife or daughters to go full frontal.. Then goes on to talk about his wife's Playboy spreads.  Rinna was definitely fully nude in Playboy.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

While in Kim’s custody, I don’t think the bunny was treated with care.

kim-richards-smoking.gif

Rinna needs to bring the Blue Bunny to a stuffed animal Vet STAT.

The bunny needs to be examined for Voodoo needle puncture wounds and cigarette burns. It should probably be swapped for arsenic powder too.

LOL!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The more Harry Hamlin talks the more tarnished he becomes.  From encouraging his wife to send Kim threatening texts (go girl go_ to watching the show and endorsing Rinna's behavior.  Every time he is on WWHL he makes some huge gaff that reveals, in spite of his smooth voice and mellow demeanor he is not terribly logical or real.  An example:  Harry asked about going "full frontal" bad idea as it lasts forever.  Would not endorse his wife or daughters to go full frontal.. Then goes on to talk about his wife's Playboy spreads.  Rinna was definitely fully nude in Playboy.  

She was not full frontal though!  LOL

• Love 2

Regarding pantygate . . . I think everyone wants resolution, but both sides see this "resolution" differently.

Dorit, for whatever reason was insulted by Erika flashing her husband.  Perhaps she saw her doing it intentionally.  Maybe she was just looking for a good story line to jump on.  Idk.  But she was (and is) clearly looking for an apology.  She "gifted" her underwear to keep the story going, and to publically shame Ericka (and vaguely wrapping the shame in humor) .  It was an attempt to get the other girls to gang up on Erika and demand some sort of apology.  Kyle said outright, she didn't think the tactic would work the way Dorit was sure it would.  I don't fault Kyle for saying she liked to be there when the exchange happens.  I think it was Kyle's way of re-enforcing what she already said.  It was using a verbal social cue to say, "No really, this is NOT going to go well."

So when Dorit says, she's over pantygate . . . she means, "I accept Ericka's apology and can now move on".

But the problem is . . . Ericka isn't apologizing.

Ericka doesn't think she did anything wrong.  She see Dorit's insistence that she apologize as Dorit's insistence that she intentionally flashed her husband.  I think Ericka would agree to disagree if that was an option.  

So when Ericka says she's over pantygate . . . she mean she wants pantygate to be over.  She doesn't want to talk about her private parts being on public display anymore.  She doesn't want to discuss whether it was done intentionally or not.  She just wants it to go away.

So now . . . when Ericka says she over it, Dorit hears an acknowledgment of wrong doing and an apology.  When Dorit says she's over it, Ericka hears that it will never be brought up again.  But they are hearing things that aren't being said. 

I think it's this confusion that is keeping things going.  There is too much misunderstanding to have true resolution.

• Love 12

Kim needs to lighten her eyebrow color so it matches more closely to her dyed blond hair. I guess she can't afford a stylist anymore since she must have huge attorney fees for her many arrests. And the Kingsley dog lawsuits. I wouldn't be surprised if Mauricio and Kyle are paying all of Kim's legal fees. 

Kim's grandson is a very cute baby! Clearly, there is NO resemblance to Kim!

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Regarding pantygate . . . I think everyone wants resolution, but both sides see this "resolution" differently.

Dorit, for whatever reason was insulted by Erika flashing her husband.  Perhaps she saw her doing it intentionally.  Maybe she was just looking for a good story line to jump on.  Idk.  But she was (and is) clearly looking for an apology.  She "gifted" her underwear to keep the story going, and to publically shame Ericka (and vaguely wrapping the shame in humor) .  It was an attempt to get the other girls to gang up on Erika and demand some sort of apology.  Kyle said outright, she didn't think the tactic would work the way Dorit was sure it would.  I don't fault Kyle for saying she liked to be there when the exchange happens.  I think it was Kyle's way of re-enforcing what she already said.  It was using a verbal social cue to say, "No really, this is NOT going to go well."

So when Dorit says, she's over pantygate . . . she means, "I accept Ericka's apology and can now move on".

Ericka doesn't think she did anything wrong.  She see Dorit's insistence that she apologize as Dorit's insistence that she intentionally flashed her husband.  I think Ericka would agree to disagree if that was an option.  

So when Ericka says she's over pantygate . . . she mean she wants pantygate to be over.  She doesn't want to talk about her private parts being on public display anymore.  She doesn't want to discuss whether it was done intentionally or not.  She just wants it to go away.

So now . . . when Ericka says she over it, Dorit hears an acknowledgment of wrong doing and an apology.  When Dorit says she's over it, Ericka hears that it will never be brought up again.  But they are hearing things that aren't being said. 

I think it's this confusion that is keeping things going.  There is too much misunderstanding to have true resolution.

Yup just because you can hear doesn't mean you listen.

3 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Kim needs to lighten her eyebrow color so it matches more closely to her dyed blond hair. I guess she can't afford a stylist anymore since she must have huge attorney fees for her many arrests. And the Kingsley dog lawsuits. I wouldn't be surprised if Mauricio and Kyle are paying all of Kim's legal fees. 

There's only ONE beautiful child, and every MOTHER has em!

• Love 3
Just now, chenoa333 said:

Yes. Also, she can't get a stylist, let alone afford one, since the last poor soul brought in to make things pretty became Kingsley's midday snack.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Good post.  I also do not think Ericka intended to flash anyone (if she did).

• Love 12
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Again, no one here said that she "asked for it by wearing a short skirt", no one. That said, she has to take responsibility for her own embarrassment because of the choices she made and she has refused to do so.

5 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Lol...what?! Yes. They have.

Nah, the argument isn't that Erika asked for anything, the argument is that anything happened at all. Anyone sitting across from her would have glanced after hearing her LOUD announcement or tried pretty damn hard not to avert their eyes from the top of her head. 

It's disingenuous of Erika to pretend to be offended when we know how many fucks she gives. Zero! Zero! ZERO!! NONE!! Throw in a dash of misdirected shaming by Dorit (next time she should only nudge her hubby to knock it off), some hypocrisy on PKs part after peeking then trying to slut shame Erika, Eileen and Rinna's monkey poking of the stinky terd again and again, and voila!, an annoying storyline unfolds in an otherwise dull-as-shit season. They're all out of order.

RIP Pantygate

rqdgf5z2keq8rew55s79.png

• Love 6
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One of the many things that irritates me about Rinna is how she cites Harry as if he is a supreme being.  She discussed things with Harry before revealing to Kim she had said those things about her to Eden.  Harry suggested the bunny.  Funny thing is I don't think Harry and Kim have ever had a conversation.  And speaking of husband's butting in-why in the hell is Harry buying or suggesting a gift for Kim's grandson?  Boundaries, Harry boundaries.  If Harry truly watched the show he would realize his wife has been particularly vicious this year. 

I get Rinna wants everything to be about Harry but I would suggest they give another try with their own reality show.  Their last one managed to last six episodes.  All I know from Rinna's Instagram accounts she needs to stop competing with her daughters and their modeling careers.  She can't keep her mug out of their shots.  Same with Harry's career, go make money Rinna and quit bragging about being the primary wage earner.  The woman's ego know no bounds.  I also think Rinna has been rapidly aging this past six months.  She still is a pretty lady but between the thing going on between her fake breasts and the lumps and lines around her fake lips she is beginning to show her age. 

Photographing your 15 year old daughter attending Coachella is not a big "get". 

Well, he did play Perseus, son of Zeus, in Clash of the Titans.  ;-)

• Love 4

I just can’t wrap my head around the whole Ericka being so pissed off when LVP or anyone else says they thought she would not be so upset at her wardrobe malfunction because of the way she presents herself on stage.  I get that she makes a conscious decision about what she does on stage and this was an accident, but am I supposed to believe that she is distraught at part of her body being exposed?  I think we compile information on the personalities of others based on their behavior and splitting it out between different personalities does not make sense to me. 

Consider someone who dresses modestly such as Michelle Duggar (and no I am not a fan --- she is an example).  If Michelle had a wardrobe malfunction situation like this (heaven forbid) am I to believe she and Ericka would have the same level of discomfort with it?  I’m not saying Ericka deserved anything nor am I shaming her, but I think your past behavior, on stage or not, comes into play when people gauge your reactions.  If someone is a racecar driver for a living, am I completely out of line to think that person is at ease with going fast in cars and driving 90 in a 55 mph might not be a horrendous deal to them?  Whereas, another person who always drives 10mph under the limit would be really upset if they were caught speeding? 

And for the record, no one deserves to be assaulted based on wardrobe or past behavior.  That is a whole different situation.  I am not victim blaming because I don’t see a victim.  YMMV.

• Love 17

I normally like Erika but for someone who wants to act like she has zero fucks to give about what anyone thinks, she sure had a lot of fucks to give about her undies (or lack thereof.)  PLEASE Bravo - - no more discussion about this.  I HATE the word "panty" with the fire of a thousand suns and listening to Erika's lack of drawers all season long has made me stabby.   I was actually rooting for Dorit, damn it.  

It's clear that Erika does not like PK at all but that doesn't justify making it our A storyline for what equates to an hour of reunion time.

I don't mind Eden and feel sorry that her penchant for long, uncomfortable hugs became something for Bravo and Andy to make fun of until Kim could bust out her bunny (man, that sounds pervy.)   I am curious why Andy didn't fully address why the other women attacked Eden when it was clear that she was not the source of the Kim (non) drama.  

I know that Rinna is not liked by anyone here but I still find her entertaining to watch.  She was absolutely, positively, 100% in the wrong for the whole Kim thing, among others, but the bunny bit was beyond shitty. If you don't want to gift the bunny to your grandson, regift it.  Give it to charity.  There are plenty of kids in the hospital that would appreciate it.  But to hold on to it for months, only to bust it out and give it back?  Asshole move.  And I'd like to see what "viewer" sent that question in about the bunny.  Was the viewer's name Kim?  Or Andy?   Kyle looked like she didn't know whether to laugh nervously or break out in full on glee.   I was surprised because I figured she'd have her catching flies face on and look horrified.  

So much for Kim being in a better place or whatever.  She needs Eden's crystals and love potion stat.  She has way too many fucks to give over this.  It probably would be more powerful and less shitty (although not as much DRAH-MUH) to tell Rinna "say whatever you want about me.  I don't care" or "How dull is your life that you care so much about mine?"    

Are any other husbands making an appearance?  Can we have Harry Hamlin stop by?  Please? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

Well we also got trips too Mexico and Hong Kong, (that Buddha was amazing) as well as raising awareness about Yulin, but of course all that was overshadowed by some of these women never being able to let go of anything and actually live in the moment and enjoy the privileged lives they lead. 

Agreed.  My take is that they lead very exciting privileged lives and this show is just manufactured BS that they have to put up with during the filming of the show to earn the paycheck.  Then, they get back to their exciting privileged (REAL) lives sans RHOBH BS.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Grabbing and looking are 2 completely different things. And so ridiculous that it even has to be pointed out. You go to jail for grabbing. You do NOT go to jail for looking. Or even TALKING about grabbing. At least not yet in this country. 

Erika is no victim. I'm the victim for being forced to watch her horrid stomping-as-dancing on DWTS. where's my apology?

and I don't think Erika is a slut. I actually don't think she even likes sex. She's selling but I'm not buying. She uses sex to hook wallets. It's exxxxxpensive to be her. U want xxxxxx, U better pay up. Her freaking song that SHE sings makes that statement! Listen to her own lyrics for goodness sakes! 

Almost as ridiculous as having to point out that Erika wearing a short tight dress sans knickers meant that she deserved to have her crotch be the topic of conversation for a good chunk of the season.

Or having to point out that wearing a tight dress without underwear means she should be ASHAMED of  herself. 

Um, I try to avoid her music as much as possible.  It sucks. Hell, I think SHE sucks sometimes.  Hong Kong dinner with the Eileen smackdown is a prime example.  But that doesn't mean I think she deserved to have the PantyGate storyline foisted upon her.  I can separate my personal dislike of her from what I think is right/wrong.

And now I'm officially dunzo with this tired topic. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

yeah . . . but . . . if Erika's flashed someone unintentionally then the most she would owe anyone is "oops, that was a mistake".  This would be in keeping with her personality and lifestyle.  And I think she offered this.  It was an embarrassing (not terribly so, but somewhat) unintentional slip. 

What Dorit is demanding is a full out apology not only for what happened . . . but for her intentionally making it happen.  When Ericka's doesn't accept that she intentionally did anything wrong, Dorit and her hubby start slut shaming her.  I just don't understand that. 

I could understand if Erika flashed someone at a Duggar wedding or something.  I mean it would be inappropriate to show up in an outfit without knickers at something like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Duggar clan slut shame her.  But this is BH.  This was with Dorit.  These are like minded, like dressed people.  Why did this seem sosososo offensive to Dorit?  

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

yeah . . . but . . . if Erika's flashed someone unintentionally then the most she would owe anyone is "oops, that was a mistake".  This would be in keeping with her personality and lifestyle.  And I think she offered this.  It was an embarrassing (not terribly so, but somewhat) unintentional slip. 

What Dorit is demanding is a full out apology not only for what happened . . . but for her intentionally making it happen.  When Ericka's doesn't accept that she intentionally did anything wrong, Dorit and her hubby start slut shaming her.  I just don't understand that. 

I could understand if Erika flashed someone at a Duggar wedding or something.  I mean it would be inappropriate to show up in an outfit without knickers at something like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Duggar clan slut shame her.  But this is BH.  This was with Dorit.  These are like minded, like dressed people.  Why did this seem sosososo offensive to Dorit?  

All smoke an mirrors to make it look like someone would actually flirt with that creep PK. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Almost as ridiculous as having to point out that Erika wearing a short tight dress sans knickers meant that she deserved to have her crotch be the topic of conversation for a good chunk of the season.

Or having to point out that wearing a tight dress without underwear means she should be ASHAMED of  herself. 

Um, I try to avoid her music as much as possible.  It sucks. Hell, I think SHE sucks sometimes.  Hong Kong dinner with the Eileen smackdown is a prime example.  But that doesn't mean I think she deserved to have the PantyGate storyline foisted upon her.  I can separate my personal dislike of her from what I think is right/wrong.

But this theory assumes that Erika is stupid, which is certainly not the image of herself she's trying so hard to create for the viewing public. You would have to be dumb as a sack of rocks to not understand that wearing a short, tight dress to a party, while filming, and then announcing to the entire party -- and the entire world -- that  you're not wearing underpants is going to make you the center of attention, potentially for the entire season.  And, quite frankly, most of the time it's been Erika bringing this shit up and keeping it fresh, not anyone else.  So either she's too stupid to be trusted on a reality TV show, or she's cannily creating and using a situation to make herself the center of attention and, thus, a valuable member of the cast.  I know which option seems more plausible to me.

• Love 17
58 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

If she can't afford a stylist she might not even be able to afford to get her brows colored and shaped. She's going to have to borrow a finger crayon from Hucksley or maybe ask Sonya Morgan for some beige Sharpies

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

If she can't afford a stylist she might not even be able to afford to get her brows colored and shaped. She's going to have to borrow a finger crayon from Hucksley or maybe ask Sonya Morgan for some beige Sharpies

She may end up with her Baby Jane talking head look. YIKES! ...and Kyle can't help her with the application, she doesn't have any fingers left

Edited by Martinigirl
I can't do two things at once :)
  • Love 5

I'm sorry Kyle but you sit on the fence and wait for the shit to hit the fan but I will say that you are not as bad as those sanctimonious gleeful bitches on the left!

Edited by hecate2909
spelling
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, hecate2909 said:

I'm sorry Kyle but you sit on the fence and wait for the shit to jit the fan but I will say that you are not as bad as those sanctimonious gleeful bitches on the left!

On the left of Andy, right?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

She may end up with her Baby Jane talking head look. YIKES! ...and Kyle can't help her with the application, she doesn't have any fingers left

You know over the years we've seen Kyle getting ready for some event. She has a ton of makeup - surely she could give Kim one measly brow pencil

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

She didn't have it foisted upon her, she dragged it up herself. Again and again and again...for a storyline, since that was all she had going on, and I can separate my dislike of her-and it's not personal, since I don't know her-I think she's wrong. That's it. I can't stand Kim, but I think this season she was right. I don't think she should be ASHAMED of herself because she wore a tight dress with no underwear. I think she should be ASHAMED of herself for leaving her own 3-year-old, who needs a mommy more than anything, across the country to go do whatever she felt like doing. I don't get this need to rush to defend her honor. She's not that awesome. Just a self-absorbed talentless hack that says a lot of 'important shit' and leaves Chagalls laying around on her floor. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

That wasn't a joke, that was a nasty mean girl bitch move...(rolls eyes even further.)

Well, yes, it's a Real Housewives show. It's been that way ever since Teresa Giudice overturned that table way back in season 1 of RHONJ, at least.

This is something that I was thinking about this morning.  I have no side in this whole pantygate thing, I think there was fault on both sides in the way the whole situation was handled and brought up again and again and again.  My thoughts, though, were, that from now on, Erika Girardi will forever be known in the tabloids, or wherever, as the Beverly Hills Housewife who flashed someone else's husband.  That one thing will always be associated with Erika.  Much like Teresa is infamous for "flipping" a table (well, that and the fact that she and her husband are criminals).

This one thing will follow Erika around for as long as people will remember that she was on a Real Housewives program.  People will be talking about it whenever she goes to any function, there will be residual joking to/about her, people checking her out to see if she has visible pantyline, etc., so I can kind of understand her outrage, although, I also wonder how many functions she attends with Tom these days, and after some of her comments about Tom's cohorts in the legal field and their wives, maybe that is where she really gives "zero fucks" about propriety and her reputation.

However, in my opinion, she should only be outraged at herself for continuing on and dragging this out for the entire season.  After Dorit gave her the panties, if she had just laughed, moved on (as she said) and never mentioned it again, the situation could have died a quiet death, and been forgotten.  Whenever Dorit may have thrown a jab at her about it, she could have just not risen to the bait.  The producers would have backed off because the storyline was going nowhere, and something else that is currently on the cutting room floor would be the topic, instead of pantygate.  

Sometimes, someone has to be the bigger person.  If Erika had just done that from the get-go, and said "Look, I'm over it, I'm bored with the discussion, I'm not entertaining this anymore", she would have accomplished more - she would have made Dorit and PK look petty and insulting.

• Love 8

My thoughts, though, were, that from now on, Erika Girardi will forever be known in the tabloids, or wherever, as the Beverly Hills Housewife who flashed someone else's husband

Probably not. The HW franchise doesn't command the attention of the public the way it did during the days of Teresa's table throw or the Kenya/Porsha reunion brawl. At best, this was a SL that people watching this show are aware of, but the general public? Not so much.

What

Filming her video, her concert in Greece, her developing friendship with Kyle, the visit to her mother, her role on the Y&R...she had plenty other stuff going on.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

This is something that I was thinking about this morning.  I have no side in this whole pantygate thing, I think there was fault on both sides in the way the whole situation was handled and brought up again and again and again.  My thoughts, though, were, that from now on, Erika Girardi will forever be known in the tabloids, or wherever, as the Beverly Hills Housewife who flashed someone else's husband.  That one thing will always be associated with Erika.  Much like Teresa is infamous for "flipping" a table (well, that and the fact that she and her husband are criminals).

This one thing will follow Erika around for as long as people will remember that she was on a Real Housewives program.  People will be talking about it whenever she goes to any function, there will be residual joking to/about her, people checking her out to see if she has visible pantyline, etc., so I can kind of understand her outrage, although, I also wonder how many functions she attends with Tom these days, and after some of her comments about Tom's cohorts in the legal field and their wives, maybe that is where she really gives "zero fucks" about propriety and her reputation.

However, in my opinion, she should only be outraged at herself for continuing on and dragging this out for the entire season.  After Dorit gave her the panties, if she had just laughed, moved on (as she said) and never mentioned it again, the situation could have died a quiet death, and been forgotten.  Whenever Dorit may have thrown a jab at her about it, she could have just not risen to the bait.  The producers would have backed off because the storyline was going nowhere, and something else that is currently on the cutting room floor would be the topic, instead of pantygate.  

Sometimes, someone has to be the bigger person.  If Erika had just done that from the get-go, and said "Look, I'm over it, I'm bored with the discussion, I'm not entertaining this anymore", she would have accomplished more - she would have made Dorit and PK look petty and insulting.

Just this one thing, not that other thing where she makes a career of flashing anybody who cares to watch on you tube might cast a long shadow too?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

You know over the years we've seen Kyle getting ready for some event. She has a ton of makeup - surely she could give Kim one measly brow pencil

So true! And PLEASE someone teach Dim how to shape her brows so she doesn't look perpetually confused!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, hecate2909 said:

Just this one thing, not that other thing where she makes a career of flashing anybody who cares to watch on you tube might cast a long shadow too?

Oh, no....because, as she likes to point out - that "person" is ERIKA JAYNE, not ERIKA GIRARDI!!   ;-)

• Love 8