Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Flying

• Start Topic

On 4/18/2017 at 10:52 PM, atlanticslide said:

haaaaaaaaaaaaaate the Ginger plot for so many reasons. Ginger is way to OTT as a snarky, supposedly cunning bad girl. Blackmail is pretty much my least favorite soap storyline; it's just so boring and totally devoid of drama. I actually really liked David and Val together - they were kind of boring, but they were nice enough (and they actually seemed to enjoy being together, generally speaking, which David and Donna [who I hated together] rarely did); and it made no fucking sense that Val would be this desperate to stop this secret from coming out and to keep these idiots as friends, especially when five minutes after she and David break up she ends up with Colin, thus pretty much alienating the people she was so desperate to make sure wouldn't think badly of her. 

Ok you read my mind. I am rewatching these eps because I love Coke!Kelly, but I FF right through all the Ginger bullshit. What kind of a con artist gives up cold hard cash for some C-List D. Gimme a break. And Val freaking out over being exposed is so damn annoying. I wish she would have just asked for the tape and then played it for the gang her own damn self. Have some dignity, VAL.

On 4/19/2017 at 10:08 PM, TeeVee329 said:
  On 4/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, CurlyATX said:

I still remember how sad it was when Val had posted bail for Collin and he fled, later telling Kelly in "the sting" that he really only loved her.  Kelly is (surprise) a bitch about it and so smug to Val.

Yeah, I remember that too, that sucked for Val.  And I don't get why Colin would still be professing love for Kelly, given meeting her and moving to LA pretty much ruined his life.

See this is, again, where the writers take a potentially awesome character (Val) and ruin her. I never got why Val was so into Colin in the first place. I feel as if Val would have looked down on Colin for (1) being a cokehead rent boy and (2) being hung up on Kelly. Also, I feel like Val (as previously written) would have sensed a pattern with Colin that he basically "loved" who ever was there to help him out at the moment. Ugh.

Have we gotten to the famous Colin mush mouth moment yet? ("SOS, man, I'll pay DEBBLE.") LOVE IT!

14 hours ago, GoRunner said:

That pilot week idea definitely makes sense. I don't mind season 9, but I truly dislike Mall Attorney. I swear he brings out all of Kelly's bitchiest sanctimony. Beautiful Gina becomes such a caricature. And mumble-mouth Noah wears my last nerve by then. And by the last quarter of season 10 it seems like the actors are really chomping at the bit almost palpably. The podcasts will be full of fun snark though!

I can barely make it through the last few seasons. Just so much bad, bad, bad acting all around although there are some shining moments. Kelly getting shot! Druggie!Dylan throwing Donna into the pool! And also loved the sexual harassment story are all pretty good. 

Hated Mall Attorney too and as an attorney, it bugged the Shit out of me how Kelly would tell him how to do his damn job. AND HE WOULD LISTEN TO HER. Shut up, Kelly.

Hahahaha! "I'll pay Debble!" I remember how we used to snark on that back in the day on the other forum.

And yeah, he always listened to Kelly's opinions instead of following--you know-- legal procedures.
::eyeroll::

• Love 1
On 18/04/2017 at 8:42 AM, TheTamari said:

This is the first time I've realised Ginger is Amber from Clueless! Have they switched the actress?

Ginger has always been her. I also remember her in Sabrina the Teenaged Witch too. 

On 19/04/2017 at 2:09 AM, CurlyATX said:

I must be a moron as I STILL don't get the benefits of the scam.  Ok, so Ginger "stole" stuff and Val "saved" Ray's rep.  No one cares about any of these people!   The Hillsters only care about other hillsters. Everyone already hates Ray.  In the midst of all this coke stuff, would anyone care if Ginger tells them the truth?

Well it won't make a difference for like everyone but Brandon and David and the former would bray but then get over it quickly and the latter as shown in the next episode really didn't give a shit. 

I think that Val was still in the stage of actually wanting to be friends with the women of the group and knew that she needed to do something dramatic to get Kelly on her side.  The problem is that Kelly hated her on sight without reason and was determined to see that hatred through.  If the scam had resulted in Kelly deciding to give her a real chance and they ended up becoming friends then I could see Val worrying about Ginger destroying that.  But, as we saw, Kelly never gave Val that second chance at friendship and so Ginger's return carried no real weight.  It was just a reason to break her and David up so they didn't think it through.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

I think that Val was still in the stage of actually wanting to be friends with the women of the group and knew that she needed to do something dramatic to get Kelly on her side.  The problem is that Kelly hated her on sight without reason and was determined to see that hatred through.  If the scam had resulted in Kelly deciding to give her a real chance and they ended up becoming friends then I could see Val worrying about Ginger destroying that.  But, as we saw, Kelly never gave Val that second chance at friendship and so Ginger's return carried no real weight.  It was just a reason to break her and David up so they didn't think it through.

I totally agree. I mean, storywise, they had to break Val and David up to get her ready to "save" Colin but I really wish they would have come up with a better storyline. It was just so dumb and all the handwringing and faux drama was just boring.

18 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

I think that's the next episode right before Kelly smashes the wine bottle on old cousin Bobby's...I mean Danny Five's head.

Ha!!

21 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

As a fellow attorney, it bugged the shit out of me how unethical he was also when he used that client's retainer to buy Kelly's engagement ring, got suspended for a short period of time, violated the suspension, and got mad because he got busted again.  He should have been disbarred, but I digress...

oh Jesus, I forgot about THAT particular stupid storyline. What an idiot. I think I also remember a storyline where he had a chance to make good money defending Big Tobacco and Kelly got on her high horse. Like, we can all debate the evils of corporations but for a struggling solo practitioner to just be all "oh, my gf told me not to do it so I can't do it." Then there was a storyline where he's defending the wife beater and the same thing happened - I think? It's ridiculous. You know what Kelly, EVERYONE has the right to legal representation in the U.S. Even scumbag criminals and evil corporations. Because it can't be said enough - Shut UP, Kelly.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2017 at 0:40 PM, Earmuffs Mom said:

As a fellow attorney, it bugged the shit out of me how unethical he was also when he used that client's retainer to buy Kelly's engagement ring, got suspended for a short period of time, violated the suspension, and got mad because he got busted again.  He should have been disbarred, but I digress...

And then she didn't even marry him anyway, and in fact got back together with Dylan, of all people. Matt got played.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, Klaw said:

I totally agree. I mean, storywise, they had to break Val and David up to get her ready to "save" Colin but I really wish they would have come up with a better storyline. It was just so dumb and all the handwringing and faux drama was just boring.

Doesn't David get chucked back at Donna pretty soon too?  Is this the season where they're making music videos and (shuuuuder) "Strike the Match" happens?

Edited by TeeVee329
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Doesn't David get chucked back at Donna pretty soon too?  Is this the season where they're making music videos and (shuuuuder) "Strike the Match" happens?

That's coming up, but Joe sticks around for awhile to propose and all.

1 hour ago, MCMLXXVII said:

That's coming up, but Joe sticks around for awhile to propose and all.

And also to object to Donna's sexy dancing in the Strike The Match video. And she also has to meet Cliff the fireman so that she can dump him for David, much to her mother's chagrin. But I think that happens their senior year.

• Love 2