Type keyword(s) to search

Riverdale Wish List

jay741982
  • Start Topic

Archie, beloved protagonist, is the secret Patrick Bateman of Riverdale. The remainder of the series involves him trying to keep it a secret. Bonus points if it turns out to be a Tyler Durden type situation, and he spends the series investigating himself.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

@Craphole Island I am right there with you, please bring Neve Campbell as Jughead's mom!! Not only would it be a Scream reunion between Neve and Skeet, they actually do look like they could be his parents. 

Yes, yes and triple yes. ? I so would be down with that. Count me in.???

Aftet watching Freddie Prinze Jr at the Star Wars thing, I cannot think of anyone else to play Hiram Lodge. And he fits in with all the 80s 90s hearthrobs, scary movies and  he sorta can pass as a latino.  

• Love 1

My wish is no revisting the triangle! Triangles suck and it usually ruins charcters or the show. No need to destroy Archie/Jughead Bromance and Betty/Veronica Womance let's just have Varchie and Bughead endgames. 

Also make FP a regular next season, he's one of the most interesting characters. Also wishing for a episode next season with Cole, KJ, Lili and Camilla playing their fathers/mothers in a flashback episode .  Also kill off or send Chuck Away.  Cast Hiram Lodge and Mama Jughead for at least guest appearnces. I want more of why Betty has this dark side, was it something very traumatic that happened when she was a wee one?

• Love 9

As I said in another thread I was never a reader of the comics, but it is kind of hard not to hear and know that Veronica in the comics was a bitch and I would love to see that more in the show than what they are showing right now. I mean she has been a bitch to Cheryl when she has attacked Betty, but she can be a much more bitch vixen than even that.

• Love 1

I'd prefer to see Veronica with a girl, Betty preferably or even Cheryl if they don't want their two female leads in a relationship. I think Veronica exhudes sexuality and that would be fun to explore. They've changed everything else from the comic, lets go balls to the wall.

• Love 4

I think Veronica should just sample everything that Riverdale has to offer. No need to pin herself down to one love interest. The girl heats up the screen with whoever they put her with. Let her date casually for a while. It would actually be refreshing in a TV world where everyone has to have pair off like the floods are coming and the Arc will only accept couples.

• Love 3

Initially I was all for Neve Campbell playing Jughead's mom, but that bit of casting might be too on the nose from Scream.   So if that doesn't happen, my second choice would be Ione Skye.

As for Hiram Lodge...Benjamin Bratt perhaps?

And yes to making FP a regular next season!

Kevin getting fleshed out next season. I hear his arcs will focus on his relationships with his dad and his love interest so that's something. And the writers won't even comment on whether his mom is alive or dead.

I also need them to just start over on Chuck because I'm salty about what they did to his character.

Crazy wish list casting: Giancarlo Esposito as Hiram Lodge. Fairuza Balk as one of Sabrina's aunts

• Love 1
On 4/17/2017 at 8:49 PM, HariboPeach said:

I'd prefer to see Veronica with a girl, Betty preferably or even Cheryl if they don't want their two female leads in a relationship. I think Veronica exhudes sexuality and that would be fun to explore. They've changed everything else from the comic, lets go balls to the wall.

I'd be so down For Veronica/Cheryl as I still consider Archie to be too wish washy. And bland 

• Love 2

I wish for the show to cut 90% of the parental drama and focus in on the teens. Seriously, they can use the original 90210 as a formula. It's just that there are SO many characters from the Archie comics that keep getting shafted in favor of non-canon parent stuff, and after this last party episode, I really do think this is one of those teen dramas that needs to primarily be about the teens. That's where it's best served.

They can keep the interesting parents, like Alice and FP. But if it becomes all about the teens, they can give us more Reggie, Josie, etc. and they'll never run out of combinations among them for different character interaction. With a big cast like this, they can easily do it that way (that's how the old 90210 went for the most part, even though parents would occasionally come in here and there- it was the central eight teens that ran the show).

• Love 1

I think they've gotten good solid stories for the parents and okay actors, it would be a waste to phase them out now. The kids and the parents stories are so intertwined with one another.  I feel like if they got it right then they should continue with it. There's still room for expansion and interaction from the minor characters,  as long as tptb allow it... 

• Love 3

Other teen shows get well known actors for the parents as well and still manage to give them limited screen time and/or number of episodes, for example Pretty Little Liars. So that should not be a reason to give the parents on this show their own stories. Of course that would also depend on what kind of promises were made to those actors when they were cast.

No way, I don't want to get rid of the parents' stories like that. I love the sprawling, multigenerational feel of the story, and the idea of the "sins of the parented are visited on the kids" vibe. And I especially love how the perception of the parents being more screwed up than the kids adds a creepy, surreal vibe to the story, like they're all trapped and can't get out and they just have to stay and deal with everything.

• Love 6

Bring some more of comic Archie's attributes to show Archie's to make him more interesting, such as his penchant for being accident-prone - i want him to be a total thorn in Hirem's side when he eventually comes on.  (And Smithers taking delight in drop-kicking him out)

And since Archie can't hold onto a steady girl, he should suffer the multiple Pop's sundaes over the head as bookArchie does.  I'd tune in just to see this!

• Love 1

I want Veronica to have a dramatic scene where she tells Hiram that she went on a slut spiral at 12 because she saw him having an affair.

Edited to add: Reference to Big City Jen on Dawson's Creek.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I'm for a Muiscal episode next season. We've already seen Of Course Josie and The Pussycats, along with Archie, Veronica, and Betty i think they could pull off a Musical episode.

• Love 1
On 4/17/2017 at 6:50 PM, Irish Lass said:

As I said in another thread I was never a reader of the comics, but it is kind of hard not to hear and know that Veronica in the comics was a bitch and I would love to see that more in the show than what they are showing right now. I mean she has been a bitch to Cheryl when she has attacked Betty, but she can be a much more bitch vixen than even that.

IIRC, and I know the comics changed a LOT since I used to occasionally read them, Veronica strode the line between bwitch and princess.  It made it hard to really like her or commit to hating her.  She was kind of a complex character for the 60's and 70's, actually.  She genuinely liked Betty, but wasn't above making her feel like a servant or demeaning her verbally.  She considered Archikins to be hers and hers alone, but didn't mind dating Reggie or other boys occasionally.  And she refused to feel any qualms about it or guilt for having done so.  She tolerated Jughead, IF she even noticed him.  Everyone else was ignored, used, or treated as fodder.  In her way she was as oblivious to the feelings of others as Archie was to Betty's devotion.