Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: The Future

• Start Topic

(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:31 AM, DittyDotDot said:

Supernatural will never die! ;)

Right there with you TripleD! With me and Mick, it's our show! Watched it from the pilot, have all the DVDs.

I liked this episode a lot! I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, this child will not be born bad! And I loved Dean's freak out over Cas. TFW has always been my favorite storyline, and I love it that this episode reminded me of that. I did hate The Colt being destroyed! I'm hoping they come up with away to replace it, comet or not! 

But no way would Dean's mix tape contain "Stairway To Heaven!" Yes, it fits, but most Zep freaks I know hate that song!

Just got around to watching today, It's planting time here, and we have seven flower beds and a 20' by 30' vegetable garden.

Edit to add; wouldn't next season be the perfect time to bring back Jessie? Dropping that storyline always bugged me, and he was very powerful! Jessie vs Luci's spawn!

Awesom04000, what do you say?!

Edited by Mick Lady
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Awesom04000, what do you say?!

Well, I wouldn't mind it... in fact I would love it, BUUUUT (and, as illustrated, it's a big "but")... I wouldn't want it for anyone else.

Since canonically Jesse's power is linked to Lucifer being on earth, and very few viewers here want that - like at all... and I think you're one of those viewers - I wouldn't want that for you guys. Me, though, I'd be all in on this Lucifer thing. I say bring him on! I want to see how Crowley's gonna keep him at bay and the chess match between the two. I think it's an organic storyline for Crowley, and if they want Crowley around, Lucifer's the way to go. To me, it has so much potential: if Lucifer can't get out of his meatsuit, for example, would he be able to persuade Crowley to somehow accidentally help him out where he would still have some influence? Could Lucifer use those powers of persuasion he used on Nick to convince Crowley? Would Crowley only pretend to buy it? How long before Lucifer's pretense would snap and his frustration would boil over? I personally would like mind games between those two, and whoever would win, I'd be fine with, because for me both, in the end, need to die and/or forever be banished... ooh, maybe together... with Rowena... a Rowena somehow just a tad more powerful than both of them. Oh the delicious horror.

• Love 2

Good God Awesom0400, I wish you were writing for this show! I love Rowena, and bringing her into this mix would be (to use your words) delicious! I'd love to see who won with Crowley vs Luci!

Start writing! Bring in Jesse! Luci is here already, so bring it on. You know him so well!

• Love 2

Gosh Awesom0400, after thinking of your post a few days, I think you're the perfect person to write this!

Much more to say, but this site is screwing with me. Try again tomorrow!                                                                                         

• Love 1
23 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Except sadly, I'd be no good at Crowley... : (  I can't do snarky Scottish.

Don't sell yourself short! Your FF is my favorite, and I don't trust these writers to remember the canon that is Jesse.

Was Jesse adopted? His Mom was alive, so what's the deal with Kelly? Or is Jesse not considered a true Nephilim? His Dad was a demon, so maybe not...?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Don't sell yourself short! Your FF is my favorite, and I don't trust these writers to remember the canon that is Jesse.

Was Jesse adopted? His Mom was alive, so what's the deal with Kelly? Or is Jesse not considered a true Nephilim? His Dad was a demon, so maybe not...?

Jesse is not a Nephilim.  Nephilim are half angel-half human.  Jesse is half-demon, half-human.  Two completely different things.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, Mick Lady said:

Heh. Never saw that episode, but as a math major, I used to love to point out to my English lit. friends that almost every Emily Dickinson poem could be recited to "The Yellow Rose Of Texas"! Think about it;

Because I could not stop for Death —
He kindly stopped for me —
The Carriage held but just Ourselves —
And Immortality.

Drove 'em nuts!

I saw that on a Head of the Class episode.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Katy M said:

Jesse is not a Nephilim.  Nephilim are half angel-half human.  Jesse is half-demon, half-human.  Two completely different things.

I saw that on a Head of the Class episode.

Thanks! I was confused on the exact lore. I got to hit Super-wiki more!

Never heard of Head Of the Class. Don't remember where I learned this, but I think an Education Major friend told me.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Never heard of Head Of the Class. Don't remember where I learned this, but I think an Education Major friend told me.

It was a sitcom in the late '80s, early '90s, centering around an AP history class.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Katy M said:

It was a sitcom in the late '80s, early '90s, centering around an AP history class.

Cool! I didn't watch much TV in the eighties, and feel so out of touch with that whole time period. I was in my 20's and had other, er, interests!

Is it worth watching? Is it om Netflix? Sounds like a cool show!

You were right about Jesse too. That's why I love it so much here. I can always find an expert!

Edited by Mick Lady
Because I never learned to spell *sigh*
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Cool! I didn't watch much TV in the eighties, and feel so out of touch with that whole time period. I was in my 20's and had other, er, interests!

Is it worth watching? Is it om Netflix? Sounds like a cool show!

You were right about Jesse too. That's why I love it so much here. I can always find an expert!

I don't get Netflix, so I don't know.  It was your typical corny '80s sitcom (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).  It starred Howard Hessman as the teacher.  Robyn Givens was one of the students.  They were geniuses, but he would teach them something in some unconventional way.  You know, typical '80s sitcom.

• Love 2

I like Sam's research montage. I like that this is the second time Dean has called Sam "Beautiful Mind." I liked their plan to depower the baby and save Kelly. It seemed like a good solution all around. I can understand why Kelly believes what she does, but I think it sounds stupid coming from Cas. I think we should continue to use the phrase "kick his feathered ass" as often as possible. I still feel like I'm waiting for some reveal that the melted gun was a fake and the BMOL still had the original. Like seeing Daigon get smote. Knocking out Sam and Dean is not cool and Dean's little "don't" makes me sad.

Certainly Cas could get better info from another up in heaven, right?  He shouldn't be bumbling around so much not knowing what to do.

I think Kelly has been essentially 'rolled' by the baby/fetus and will believe anything that it wants her to believe, even that she's important, will live, etc.  And now its able to roll Cas too.  It will be interesting to see whether the baby could start out good, given Lucifer started out good, or will it always be evil since that's what Lucifer was by the time the baby was conceived.

Really sad about the Colt.  I wonder if it could be fixed.

On 4/27/2017 at 8:08 PM, catrox14 said:

I did love that Dean made Cas a mixtape. LOL that is fantastic. I love that Dean was rightfully pissed at Cas

I loved the mix tape and their interaction so hard.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:19 PM, Lemuria said:

Boy, that was bad and really boring.  Lots of stupid people.  And stupid angels.  And stupid demons--I mean, Dagon is going to rule alongside Luci.  Rule what?  She says that Sproutifer is going to kill all the disgusting angels and humans and demons.  So, she wants to be Queen of--what? rutabagas?  What else would be left?  (Hopefully, Asmodeus only want revenge.  A good reason that has stood the test of time.  lol)

I feel like they have had half baked motivations all season 

On 4/27/2017 at 10:32 PM, roctavia said:

Lucifer didn't start off evil, right? I mean initially he was one of gods favs until he misbehaved and got cast out... right? Unless they've changed that story. So sure, Lucifer is a total dick now, but even if we are talking nature/nurture, Kelly is a relatively "good" person and while we don't know the genetics of archangel baby making, it makes sense to me that this baby would start off as sort of blank slate. Sure, plenty of power and a self preservation instinct... which if Lucifer gets ahold of baby, evil will be easily embraced... but if they can keep the baby away from Lucifer, I could see it going a different direction.

I am curious what future the baby showed Cass... and if it's real. But I suppose only time will tell if Cass got conned again, or if he can finally have a win and a new purpose.

This is true. He was theoretically corrupted by the MoC. But I still don't trust it.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:11 AM, SueB said:

Gushfest moment:

I freaking LOVED Sam, Dean and Cas in this episode. There were conflicts but there was such a BOND between these guys.  Gone are the days (at least I hope) where they don't believe in Cas.  I think they really do. And he truly IS their brother.

Which is why Dean was like "you DON'T go radio silent".  I read that to have the silent "YOU COULD HAVE BEEN DYING IN A DITCH."  Seriously, this was anger from worry.  And Cas knew that.  Dean yelling at him is like how you yell at family.  You aren't taking a real hurt at it, you are telling them this is not cool and they OWE YOU to stay in touch.  Because FAMILY.

And Sam didn't put a tracker on Cas because he thought he was a bad guy. He put a tracker on Cas because Cas couldn't look them in the eyes. Which means Sam knew, instinctively, that Cas was gearing up to do something without telling them. Something that would put Cas at risk.  

And then there's the little mix tape moment.  Yes, he played you Dean. But also, how adorable is it that Dean is still having 'teachable moments' with Cas.  It's a gift, you don't return it. Dean gave him a GIFT. Of MUSIC. Yes, a mix tape is classic love story. For those who Destiel -- I think you should totally have a ball with this.  For me, it shows Dean reaching out to Cas to get him to like Dean's music.  It felt like a little everyday thing Dean did with Cas that we got to see. It makes me feel like there are more of those little everyday things.

This was the best part of the episode for me.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:13 PM, Diane said:

Keeping short, but I drove myself in a car that had airbags the day I went into labor 9 months pregnant, didn't think anything of it.  I thought Cas giving her the front seat was just good etiquette.

Yeah, there was a lot about that scene that was plot contrivance, but I drove myself all the time pregnant. I suspect it is tight in the backseat when Sam is in the front. It is also just the nice thing to do.

I could have done without another dead woman in a bathtub, even if she recovered. I may be still bitter 

• Love 1