Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

" her daughter idols at average in the looks department 

Avery average? Hardly. Her mother is beyond nuts but Avery is stunning. IMO. In fact, everything that follows is my opinion.

This particular franchise doesn't have any real beauties except maybe Kristen, Luann and Kelly and sometimes Bethenny are the ones higher up on the looks scale.

Kristen maybe. Kelly looks like an overbaked rawhide chew toy and Lu, while polished, isn't a beauty. 

BH which has a fair number of external beauties, Yolanda, Brandi, LVP, Rinna, Eileen , Dorit, Camille, Joyce, Kyle

Hysterical list. Yolanda, Joyce, Eileen and, when she's not pissed out of her mind, Brandi.  I give Camille points for having a great tailor.

or Atlanta with Cynthia Bailey, Claudia, Kenya,  Porsha (who is always an ass) and the most beautiful Joanna Krupa of Miami.

Cynthia and Claudia from ATL and Joanna, too. Porsha falls so very far from the beauty tree.

As far as the kids I would say Yolanda's kids soar, Luann cranked out some pretty children. 

Noel is pretty. Victoria often look like she needs a good scrubbing.

4 hours ago, Mojoker said:

That whole pajamas thing became ridiculous. Her daughter asked her to put them on and Bethenny did and snapped a photo because she thought it was funny. The backlash was so over the top, it was ludicrous. I seriously doubt that Bethenny is in any kind of competition with her 6-year-old daughter.  But, by your logic, every famous person with a child should immediately stop what they're doing and go into some line of work where they'll never be seen or talked about, just in case. I guess you missed that Bethenny actually has been in touch with her mother, and Brynn has met her. This was all discussed on WWHL.

I'm no Bethenny fan but I agree with you completely. The pearl-clutching drama about that stupid photo was ridiculous.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I will always believe, and no one will ever convince me otherwise, that what Lu wanted was her own wedding special. This has become the thing in recent years. Beth got the big focus on her wedding, that chick over on the Atlanta show got it, and Tamara got it. No big wedding special for Lu, and I think it pissed her off. She can pretend all day long that she didn't want her wedding sullied by having it on the show, but that is total and complete bullshit. You don't allow yourself to continue with this kind of humiliation regarding your fiancé and your nuptiuals and not think at the end of the day of the mighty dollar.  

An excellent point, MCM.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There is no redemption in throwing out a RH kid's problems.  As far as mentioning it, and I never say this, Victoria's arrest has nothing to do with this episode.  It will be interesting to see what happens when Ramona is presented with the information or if she brings it up in some sly manner.  Posters of course can post away about the DUI arrest.

I am not being a Ramona apologist, but she has this deep seated idea that everything said and done has an effect on the children. She has throughout the seasons.  Ramona never sees her ugly side has a far deeper impact on her child than anyone else's divorce or other shortcomings. I didn't take Ramona's inquisition as a hit on Bryn but only because of a story I posted earlier about Ramona coming out with the encouragement of a producer. Ramona so desperate for compliments on her "beautiful daughter" her daughter idols at average in the looks department and how very kind of Carole to say they look like sister-clearly with a forty year age difference that is hyperbole.  This particular franchise doesn't have any real beauties except maybe Kristen, Luann and Kelly and sometimes Bethenny are the ones higher up on the looks scale.  I am comparing this franchise to BH which has a fair number of external beauties, Yolanda, Brandi, LVP, Rinna, Eileen , Dorit, Camille, Joyce, Kyle or Atlanta with Cynthia Bailey, Claudia, Kenya,  Porsha (who is always an ass) and the most beautiful Joanna Krupa of Miami. As far as the kids I would say Yolanda's kids soar, Luann cranked out some pretty children. 

I found Alex to be pretty. Bethenny is not attractive.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

This all day long. Why just Beth? How is she anymore of a famewhore than the rest of them? Because she has become more successful than probably anyone in the franchise? Because she had a spin-off show? Does anyone believe that if any of these bitches had an offer for their own show they wouldn't have run with it? I will always believe, and no one will ever convince me otherwise, that what Lu wanted was her own wedding special. This has become the thing in recent years. Beth got the big focus on her wedding, that chick over on the Atlanta show got it, and Tamara got it. No big wedding special for Lu, and I think it pissed her off. She can pretend all day long that she didn't want her wedding sullied by having it on the show, but that is total and complete bullshit. You don't allow yourself to continue with this kind of humiliation regarding your fiancé and your nuptiuals and not think at the end of the day of the mighty dollar.  

Yea, the wedding deal is interesting to me. She clearly wanted to be invited to the bridal shower and was pissed that she was not.  She certainly would have wanted an invite to the wedding. But why would she think it appropriate? Apparently she didn't get that invite, and I wonder why, since Lu seemed to be all happy with her on this episode. Does she do more to piss Lu off?

I just didn't see anything remotely warm about Ramona towards Luann this week.  They were seated next to each other and speaking.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

As to Ramona she was uninvited by Tom last year (May) to Luann's surprise birthday party. I don't know why Ramona even thought for a second she would be invited to anything regarding Luann's wedding after publicly bad mouthing the couple for months and in the case of Luann years.  I just didn't see anything remotely warm about Ramona towards Luann this week.  They were seated next to each other and speaking.

I hear ya. I have no idea why she would think she would be invited, but also no idea why she would want to be invited. Who wants to go to a wedding they don't believe in? She is such a nutter.

Regarding Ramona and the warmth thing - IMO there is never any warmth with Ramona. Never ever. Not even in scenes with her daughter. She is just too loopy and self-centered to ever have any warmth in any scene. OK, I take that back, I think I have seen true concern with Sonja maybe once or twice. I agree there was zero warmth with Lu at the dinner scene. She was just happy to have someone sitting beside her to slightly back her up, because it doesn't happen that often. The crazy part came in her TH the next day when she met with Dorinda and Lu. I don't remember the exact words, but the nutter was absolutely breathless to be hanging out with them. She said something like "it's so fun to be hanging out with Lu again". Yep, that's Ramona the opportunist. Beth is keeping her at arms length for something dumb she no doubt did this summer - which is just a guess, but a very educated guess from someone who has watched every single episode and watched Ramona do and say mostly dumb stuff every single week. So she and Beth aren't in a good place and there sits Lu, who Ramona cannot stand. I mean really cannot stand. Has never been able to stand. Ever. But Lu won in the court of public opinion last year and that is good enough for Ramona. It can be Lu and Ramona against Beth in her warped mind. She is just not nearly as smart as Lu and cannot pull it off. 

• Love 8
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

I hear ya. I have no idea why she would think she would be invited, but also no idea why she would want to be invited. Who wants to go to a wedding they don't believe in? She is such a nutter.

Regarding Ramona and the warmth thing - IMO there is never any warmth with Ramona. Never ever. Not even in scenes with her daughter. She is just too loopy and self-centered to ever have any warmth in any scene. OK, I take that back, I think I have seen true concern with Sonja maybe once or twice. I agree there was zero warmth with Lu at the dinner scene. She was just happy to have someone sitting beside her to slightly back her up, because it doesn't happen that often. The crazy part came in her TH the next day when she met with Dorinda and Lu. I don't remember the exact words, but the nutter was absolutely breathless to be hanging out with them. She said something like "it's so fun to be hanging out with Lu again". Yep, that's Ramona the opportunist. Beth is keeping her at arms length for something dumb she no doubt did this summer - which is just a guess, but a very educated guess from someone who has watched every single episode and watched Ramona do and say mostly dumb stuff every single week. So she and Beth aren't in a good place and there sits Lu, who Ramona cannot stand. I mean really cannot stand. Has never been able to stand. Ever. But Lu won in the court of public opinion last year and that is good enough for Ramona. It can be Lu and Ramona against Beth in her warped mind. She is just not nearly as smart as Lu and cannot pull it off. 

I agree.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

A few seasons ago, before Bethenny came back, Luann launched and showcased her clothing line. As for promoting it on the show, it is possible that she has done just that but production edited it out. Heck, Bethenny's first season back, Heather promoted her line far more than what we saw but it was edited out and we saw much more SG than we did Yummy. The same way we rarely hear/see any of Ramona's wine anymore, it's all Bethenny/SG now.

Right. So Bethenny's the only one promoting anything on the show, which means everyone except Bethenny is there for no other reason than to be on TV.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

That was very sweet of Noel! They didn't say who it was for at the beginning and that is when guests were questioning the gofundme account.  It is odd that only 29 people donated?

When we got married, we did a charity registry. We had a small, home wedding, with only 35 guest (of moderate means), yet we raised quite a bit for the 4 charities we chose. Might've been nice if Luann had done something like that. I mean, at her age, does she really need people giving her more stuff?  

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Alex & Simon. I think they moved to Australia.

Yes, they did. And Alex is now a psychologist.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Right. So Bethenny's the only one promoting anything on the show, which means everyone except Bethenny is there for no other reason than to be on TV.

No, as I pointed out it is entirely possible that Luann has spoken about her clothing/jewelry/house good lines and they were edited out or we just haven't seen them yet, the season just started and the same could be true for Ramona/her wines. And I am tired of seeing/hearing about SG every episode, it is over kill and may turn some buyers off. Bravo needs to remember that this is not the Bethenny Starting Over show, it is a show about a group of women, not just 1 woman and her side kick. LOL

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I found Alex to be pretty. Bethenny is not attractive.

But there's a difference between pretty and attractive.  You're right, Alex is pretty. I've seen her in person and she's really quite naturally beautiful. Bethenny, while not pretty, has many attractive qualities. She's open, smart, funny, and has a lot of energy and drive. A lot of people are attracted to those qualities.

Just now, WireWrap said:

No, as I pointed out it is entirely possible that Luann has spoken about her clothing/jewelry/house good lines and they were edited out or we just haven't seen them yet, the season just started and the same could be true for Ramona/her wines. And I am tired of seeing/hearing about SG every episode, it is over kill and may turn some buyers off. Bravo needs to remember that this is not the Bethenny Starting Over show, it is a show about a group of women, not just 1 woman and her side kick. LOL

If either Luann or Ramona were doing the show just to promote their businesses, and everything they said/did on the show to promote those businesses was being edited out, then they'd quit the show. They haven't. As you've pointed out, Bethenny manages to get SG into practically every scene she's in.  That's how you promote a business, and that's why she's there. The other women aren't.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

A few seasons ago, before Bethenny came back, Luann launched and showcased her clothing line. As for promoting it on the show, it is possible that she has done just that but production edited it out. Heck, Bethenny's first season back, Heather promoted her line far more than what we saw but it was edited out and we saw much more SG than we did Yummy. The same way we rarely hear/see any of Ramona's wine anymore, it's all Bethenny/SG now.

Yes, Luann was showcasing her low rent dresses...she wore her own red lace outfit at one of the reunions.  Sonja had her clothes, but were simpler and a bit dressier. Didn't Luann also have a giant necklace line?!  I remember the topic of her necklaces used to come up often because she usually wore necklaces that looked like they weighed a ton, very large scaled designs.  The women have competed and argued with each other over similar products, it's a recycled argument from season to season on NY.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

But there's a difference between pretty and attractive.  You're right, Alex is pretty. I've seen her in person and she's really quite naturally beautiful. Bethenny, while not pretty, has many attractive qualities. She's open, smart, funny, and has a lot of energy and drive. A lot of people are attracted to those qualities.

If either Luann or Ramona were doing the show just to promote their businesses, and everything they said/did on the show to promote those businesses was being edited out, then they'd quit the show. They haven't. As you've pointed out, Bethenny manages to get SG into practically every scene she's in.  That's how you promote a business, and that's why she's there. The other women aren't.

It's a great/easy paycheck even if production edits their products out, so why should they leave? They weren't the ones that slammed this show, put it down, that was Bethenny. The same Bethenny that had to come back because her SG sales dropped big time. Bethenny learned a hard lesson, she can't make it on TV outside of this show, heck, she couldn't even make it on a radio show without talking about the NY HW show. LOL I would venture to say that Bethenny needs this show more than the others in many ways.

• Love 4
Just now, WireWrap said:

It's a great/easy paycheck even if production edits their products out, so why should they leave? They weren't the ones that slammed this show, put it down, that was Bethenny. The same Bethenny that had to come back because her SG sales dropped big time. Bethenny learned a hard lesson, she can't make it on TV outside of this show, heck, she couldn't even make it on a radio show without talking about the NY HW show. LOL I would venture to say that Bethenny needs this show more than the others in many ways.

Please remember that the "edits their products out" thing is something you made up, not something that is a fact. And neither one of them needs the great/easy paycheck. Bethenny didn't have to come back to the show, and I've never seen anything to suggest that SG sales dropped so drastically that she had to scrounge for money.  Bethenny doesn't need to make it on TV. She has enough money to do what she likes. So if you're going to call her a fame whore because she's on a reality TV show, promoting a business, then you have to be honest and call the others the same thing, and worse, since they're on the show for no other reason than being paid to be on TV.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, IKnowRight said:

Yes, Luann was showcasing her low rent dresses...she wore her own red lace outfit at one of the reunions.  Sonja had her clothes, but were simpler and a bit dressier. Didn't she also have a giant necklace line?!  I remember the topic of her necklaces used to come up often because she usually wore necklaces that looked like they weighed a ton, very large scaled designs.  The women have competed and argued with each other over similar products, it's a recycled argument from season to season on NY.

I don't know that they were "low rent", they seemed to sell really well on Evine and yes, her necklaces are clunky but some love a "statement" piece. Luann started her clothing line well before Sonja did. Sonja's line seemed to go nowhere, there were only a handful of new "designs" the second season and she never took it beyond on-line. So far, only Heather (who had her successful line before joining the show), Luann and Sonja did clothing lines. Jill had a strictly shapewear line as did Bethenny (with a few sexy aprons).

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Please remember that the "edits their products out" thing is something you made up, not something that is a fact. And neither one of them needs the great/easy paycheck. Bethenny didn't have to come back to the show, and I've never seen anything to suggest that SG sales dropped so drastically that she had to scrounge for money.  Bethenny doesn't need to make it on TV. She has enough money to do what she likes. So if you're going to call her a fame whore because she's on a reality TV show, promoting a business, then you have to be honest and call the others the same thing, and worse, since they're on the show for no other reason than being paid to be on TV.  

First, I am not making anything up! Heather pointed out that much of her final season was edited out, including more of her Yummy line.

No, Bethenny did not have to "scrounge for money" and I did not say anything akin to that and her product sales did dropped big time. Part of her sales agreement with JB was based on future sales and those sales had fallen, so she came back to help bolster them back up. It was a business decision on her part. That said, she did put this show down big time when she left and she said she would never come back....yet.....here she is. If she doesn't need this show to up her sales, then why come back, she has more than enough money. LOL

• Love 10

Beth thinks it's more important to bad mouth her daughter's father than how this may hurt her daughter.  She's delusional in her thinking that because her daughter is only six years old, that there is some sort of shield that is up that keeps her daughter from hearing or seeing things that her mother has said.  Apparently Bryn does not go into convenience stores or pass by newsstands where there are tabloid headlines about Beth's latest interviews, sees anything on the internet, or instagrams or tweets, etc.  Add to that no other six year would hear something their parent may say and repeat it to her.  Beth is in dangerous waters regarding her desires to publicly 'get' her child's father.  I can't even say that Beth is naive.  She is about 'winning' and being a famewhore.  Crap, she has millions (not a hundred) but still came back to RHNY.

I don't like it when kids are being discussed on the show for the most part.  I do think Heather's son, Jax, was a very worthwhile and meaningful story.  Too bad it wasn't interesting enough for production to donate more time to his tenth birthday.  Incredible story for a child who received a liver transplant soon after birth. 

I think it a little bit different when Ro brought up Bryn.  It was not about Bryn's behavior.  It was about Beth's past behavior (and maybe a little insinuation about Beth's present behavior regarding Bryn's father).  Behavior that is out there.  Apparently, Beth is proud of it.  That doesn't mean your child will be.  And it is something Beth will have to approach in a sensitive way.  Just like she needs to give more thought into how her behavior toward her ex husband will be explained to her daughter. 

Like Jason or not, he doesn't put it out there.  He could make a ton of money doing that.  He hasn't.  He's gone through the courts.  You can disagree with his court actions regarding the settlement but at the same time, we don't have all the info.  He doesn't go to the press or social media like Beth.  As for the latest incident, one thing I know for sure is that Beth is 'The Great Exaggerator'.  I take it with a grain of salt. Heck, she said on her show that she hated her mother because her mother publicly responded to Beth's accusations regarding her childhood.  How dare her mother say anything.  Only Beth has that right and all others have no right to respond. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:18 PM, Mojoker said:

When we got married, we did a charity registry. We had a small, home wedding, with only 35 guest (of moderate means), yet we raised quite a bit for the 4 charities we chose. Might've been nice if Luann had done something like that. I mean, at her age, does she really need people giving her more stuff?  

Yes, they did. And Alex is now a psychologist.

It sounds from the episodes this week and last week there was a lot the went into the three day event. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Beth thinks it's more important to bad mouth her daughter's father than how this may hurt her daughter.  She's delusional in her thinking that because her daughter is only six years old, that there is some sort of shield that is up that keeps her daughter from hearing or seeing things that her mother has said.  Apparently Bryn does not go into convenience stores or pass by newsstands where there are tabloid headlines about Beth's latest interviews, sees anything on the internet, or instagrams or tweets, etc.  Add to that no other six year would hear something their parent may say and repeat it to her.  Beth is in dangerous waters regarding her desires to publicly 'get' her child's father.  I can't even say that Beth is naive.  She is about 'winning' and being a famewhore.  Crap, she has millions (not a hundred) but still came back to RHNY.

I don't like it when kids are being discussed on the show for the most part.  I do think Heather's son, Jax, was a very worthwhile and meaningful story.  Too bad it wasn't interesting enough for production to donate more time to his tenth birthday.  Incredible story for a child who received a liver transplant soon after birth. 

I think it a little bit different when Ro brought up Bryn.  It was not about Bryn's behavior.  It was about Beth's past behavior (and maybe a little insinuation about Beth's present behavior regarding Bryn's father).  Behavior that is out there.  Apparently, Beth is proud of it.  That doesn't mean your child will be.  And it is something Beth will have to approach in a sensitive way.  Just like she needs to give more thought into how her behavior toward her ex husband will be explained to her daughter. 

Like Jason or not, he doesn't put it out there.  He could make a ton of money doing that.  He hasn't.  He's gone through the courts.  You can disagree with his court actions regarding the settlement but at the same time, we don't have all the info.  He doesn't go to the press or social media like Beth.  As for the latest incident, one thing I know for sure is that Beth is 'The Great Exaggerator'.  I take it with a grain of salt. Heck, she said on her show that she hated her mother because her mother publicly responded to Beth's accusations regarding her childhood.  How dare her mother say anything.  Only Beth has that right and all others have no right to respond. 

Other than Bethenny saying she's been going through a difficult divorce, I've never heard her badmouth Jason, or even bring him up unless answering a question.

1 hour ago, Mojoker said:

Other than Bethenny saying she's been going through a difficult divorce, I've never heard her badmouth Jason, or even bring him up unless answering a question.

Difficult divorce?  It was hell.  It was torture.  According to Beth.  She doesn't 'have' to answer a question.  She can just say that it's a private matter.   Jason has been asked many questions.  Does he answer them?  No.

SG sales figures came from Jim Beam before it was merged as Beam Suntory.  Beam Suntory hardly mentions Skinnygirl but it has no problem mentioning its sales increases for its other products.

I would give you links but we've been over this multiple times in the past.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

First, I am not making anything up! Heather pointed out that much of her final season was edited out, including more of her Yummy line.

No, Bethenny did not have to "scrounge for money" and I did not say anything akin to that and her product sales did dropped big time. Part of her sales agreement with JB was based on future sales and those sales had fallen, so she came back to help bolster them back up. It was a business decision on her part. That said, she did put this show down big time when she left and she said she would never come back....yet.....here she is. If she doesn't need this show to up her sales, then why come back, she has more than enough money. LOL

But we always knew that Heather had Yummy. She mentioned it, or others mentioned it all the time. She was upfront about the fact that this was the reason she was on the show. Remember all the shit she got because she apparently didn't want the focus on her family? She got tons of shit for not filming in her home. I hated the way that Bravo treated Heather her final season, but in the end, believe that is the reason she left. She was there for a purpose and Bravo wasn't doing their part to help her achieve her objective. So it wasn't worth it to her. Does anyone believe that Beth would have come back if there wasn't something in her contract that stipulated she got to promote SG big time? No way in hell. The others just don't care that much or they would do the same. 

I never understand the gals that put up with this show without there being a bigger purpose. I am glad they do because it gives me something to snark on, but why? Shannon on the OC show will put the most intimate details of her marriage on TV, but it doesn't seem to be because she is trying to do something bigger for her future. She is just there because she wants to be on TV. I totally get it, but think the gals that are doing this to prop up their futures for something bigger later are more relatable. Even when I hate the constant product placements from some of them. 

• Love 7

SG sales dropped big time in 2013. At the time, Beam said it was because 2012 had been such a tremendous year with all of the new items they introduced. It is always hard to cycle that kind of sales bump. When a new item is introduced, you get all of this new distribution. The next year, if you don't have the same level of innovation, you are going to take a hit. I see it all of the time. If I have many new items I will have a fantastic year. The next year not so much if making the comparison vs. the year before, which doesn't necessarily mean the brand isn't healthy. Beth still has distribution on her booze all over the place. 

Beth's contract with Beam was for not just a lump sum at the time of the purchase, but there was a condition of her contract that if sales increased over a specific time period (I believe it was 5 years, but could have that wrong), she got a huge pay day. There was a brilliant marketing article that came out around the time that sales were slumping that talked about the reality of people on TV being successful with their brands. They found that overall, when a gal gets out of the spotlight from whatever her original venue was, the brand would suffer. That was what was said to also have been part of the SG thing. When Beth was no longer as visible on the brand, sales were not as good. Hence Beth went on the show to start talking about it again, with the hopes of building sales back up to get the millions that she had to gain in her original contract. As others have pointed out, sales figures haven't been released for this brand for years, so it's hard to know how it is doing or if Beth's participation on the show has helped.

One thing to keep in mind, we are just talking about the alcohol here. She has a large base of other products. Getting the Walmart distribution deal a few years ago for many of her snacks was seen as huge in the industry. 

http://www.beveragedaily.com/Manufacturers/Skinnygirl-cocktail-sales-growth-slims-down-23-for-Beam-Inc

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:55 AM, Petunia13 said:

I actually don't mind Beth's new hair. She has very severe features and frame so maybe she should embrace editorial hair. I wonder if she went Ellen Page with her hair or androgynous with her look it would strangely work. 

I also don't mind Hannah (Dorinda's daughter's) big eyebrows. I enjoy seeing something different. I think Frida Kahlo was extremely beautiful and a style icon and while she's no Frida or Salma good for her for embracing a quirk. 

I also think Dorinda is really pretty but I find Edie Falco attractive and Dorinda looks like a less edgy/cool "safe" version of her. 

Bethenny posted a picture of herself with a pixie cut as an April Fool's Joke...I can't remember on which SM accounts, but she really pulled it off.

15 hours ago, Trooper York said:

It is usually the fathers in these relationships who are the protective ones. That keeps the fame whore Housewives from pimping out their kids. Old Man Morgan refuses to allow Sonja to film their daughter. Simon of Orange County keeps Tamara from using her kids. Jason is the only thing stopping Brynn from being a prop like the puppies and the Driving Miss Daisy chauffeur and Carole as the humpbacked toady.

Jason is the only hope of that poor kid having a semi normal life. 

You are absolutely right when you opine that  Bethenny is not the only one that is a fame whore exploiting her children. Luann does try to promote her daughter. Sonja would love to bring her daughter around if only her husband would allow it. Kristen and Heather both had their kids as part of their story arch in previous seasons. Of course Carole brings Adam around all the time.

So Bethenny is not the only one to try and exploit her kid for a story. She is just restrained by the good sense of her ex-husband.

If having a dad who was arrested for stalking and aggravated harassment is Brynn's only hope, that makes me very sad.

3EE0738200000578-4373438-We_don_t_buy_it_Bethenny_Frankel_tried_to_pull_an_April_Fool_s_j-a-21_1491159789952.jpg

Edited by Alison
Found the April Fool's pic!
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't know that they were "low rent", they seemed to sell really well on Evine and yes, her necklaces are clunky but some love a "statement" piece. Luann started her clothing line well before Sonja did. Sonja's line seemed to go nowhere, there were only a handful of new "designs" the second season and she never took it beyond on-line. So far, only Heather (who had her successful line before joining the show), Luann and Sonja did clothing lines. Jill had a strictly shapewear line as did Bethenny (with a few sexy aprons).

IMHO they were mostly cheap looking and yes, low rent, in comparison to what real housewives spend on their clothes.  These ladies are supposed to be chic.  I check out their websites when they are hawking anything when I'm paying attention.  We used to snark on her giant necklaces all the time.  Reminds me of Rinna and her line, they were designed for the "everyday woman" and fans...which tells me what they think of their customers!  I'm not saying that it was all pitiful but I don't see Rinna wearing much of her QVC line on the show!  Nope, Victoria Beckham....In fairness, Luann does wear her clothes on the show some of the time.  She just doesn't have a modern fashion sense...I like traditional styles too, but I sense lots of dust on Luann and moths all over Sonja's clothes...seriously that old Ralph Lauren dress was all she could find?  These ladies summer in the Hamptons and most of them could not even pull out a colorful designer dress for the tea party?  Heather, so far, is the only one making bank in clothing...

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Luann once pulled a Bethenny by giving Ramona a piece of jewelry from her collection as a gift, no?

My memory is not so good ... I think I remember it was a gift-regifting of something one of the ladies gave. Not sure if it was LuLu or Ramona or ....

• Love 2
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I remember hearing from her or reading something from Heather directly the exact same thing...that she said it was edited out.  Bravo shows us what they want to show us!

I agree Bethenny's line cooled after the JB deal and she is back at it, working it.   Yes, she's still wealthy and is making money in real estate too, she's in no danger financially.  She's just back, IMO, shoring up her bottom line.  Many posters have seen her product in the discount stores and from the buyers I know, that's what happened.  Items not selling are heading for the fire sale.  Part of the issue for SkinnyGirl products is in the last couple of years, a growing segment of the population is ditching artificial sweeteners for natural flavorings. I have followed closely in the last year or two to see if Bethenny has changed with the times, like most of the big food companies.  What is the market demanding?  Bethenny knows what's going on.  I never tried any SkinnyGirl products because I avoid anything with those ingredients that's new to me, 95% of the time.  That doesn't mean her products are bad, but her market may be shrinking.  

Bethenny is no dummy.  I do think Bethenny is driven to be on RHNY first and foremost to keep her brand strong...that doesn't mean the other ladies aren't there for the same reasons, I just think for Bethenny it's her number one reason.  I don't think it's the top reason for the majority of them.  I don't think it's a bad thing either way, it's making the most out of what is likely short lived opportunities to save money.  I don't blame her or anyone for product placements in any scene.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, escape said:

I can see viewers bringing it up.  Definitely Andy.  And it's certainly legit, considering she has been on the show this season.  She was at almost twice the legal limit when arrested.  The girl's had a troubled past.   She was kicked out of her private school because of the racist video of her as a teen, high and using the "n" word.  Before that, she broke both her arms climbing, sneaking out of the house.

I'm sure Yolanda didn't want to talk about her daughter's DUI, who at the time was 17 - but she was on the show. 

I find this hysterical.

Trouble past?

Sounds like an average teenager to me.

Not saying some of the stuff above isn't troublesome and not worthy of correction or disciplinary action but troubled past? For stupid teenage mistakes? LOL!

Man, I just took inventory of my teens.......

Yowzah!!

• Love 3

I remember hearing from her or reading something from Heather directly the exact same thing...that she said it was edited out.  Bravo shows us what they want to show us!

That's laughable since we saw her at her business meetings.  We saw her debuting jeans with all the HW wearing them.  We saw Yummy all the time.  Nice try Heather but the film says you're a liar.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, QuinnM said:

That's laughable since we saw her at her business meetings.  We saw her debuting jeans with all the HW wearing them.  We saw Yummy all the time.  Nice try Heather but the film says you're a liar.

That's true. I also remember seeing a store visit because I remember seeing all that shape wear on hangers.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Luann once pulled a Bethenny by giving Ramona a piece of jewelry from her collection as a gift, no?

LuAnn re-gifted the necklace she already gave to Ramona. LOL! The necklace Ramona gave back to Luann for repair is the necklace she gave a second time as a gift to Ramona. 

I think it was Ramona's birthday party. The one where she re-gifted the necklace and gave Bethenny a (Carlos) handbag. LOL!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Ha Ha, I sort of remember something happening along those lines!  I bet Wirewrap, ZoeysMom or MCM remembers?  Anyone? Bueller?

Now, that's the kind of stuff I am looking for to snark on watching these shows!

• Love 2

Dang. Even for Luann, that is pretty frugal.

And the injury was even worse.  She gifted Bethenny with a nice designer it bag complete with B's initials.  Ramona was furious.  Of course now it's bad B and good L.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Did I state that we NEVER saw Yummy tummy meetings?  I never said that...geesh.  She was very generous trying to help Sonja and I remember thinking she needed to listen to Heather, because clearly, she is successful and knows what she's doing according to what we see on the show.  Heather was on for more than one season.

For most of the last season, we didn't see Heather in yummy tummy mode and she said herself it was because they edited it that way.  

Bravo shows us what they want to show us...

13 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

LuAnn re-gifted the necklace she already gave to Ramona. LOL! The necklace Ramona gave back to Luann for repair is the necklace she gave a second time as a gift to Ramona. 

I think it was Ramona's birthday party. The one where she re-gifted the necklace and gave Bethenny a (Carlos) handbag. LOL!

Bahahaha that's hilarious.  I love it when they do this stuff...much more entertaining than most of what they fight about on this show!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Her first and second season we saw a lot of her brand, her last season, not so much. Apparently, the deal that Jel brough up was supposed to be a big deal, but they ended up only showing it in a flashback. She had gotten a whole section somewhere (Nordstrom or Neiman, I cannot remember) and it got dropped from the show. Other than that, her business was mostly mentioned in passing. I do agree that it wasn't to the extent that we were all left wondering as to what Heather was doing all day. It was clear she was running a successful business enterprise. Regarding Lu, Sonja and Ramona, who knows simply from what we see on the show if they are still doing any of the things they talked about in the past. 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

I agree Bethenny's line cooled after the JB deal and she is back at it, working it.   Yes, she's still wealthy and is making money in real estate too, she's in no danger financially.  She's just back, IMO, shoring up her bottom line.  Many posters have seen her product in the discount stores and from the buyers I know, that's what happened.  Items not selling are heading for the fire sale.  Part of the issue for SkinnyGirl products is in the last couple of years, a growing segment of the population is ditching artificial sweeteners for natural flavorings. I have followed closely in the last year or two to see if Bethenny has changed with the times, like most of the big food companies.  What is the market demanding?  Bethenny knows what's going on.  I never tried any SkinnyGirl products because I avoid anything with those ingredients that's new to me, 95% of the time.  That doesn't mean her products are bad, but her market may be shrinking.  

Bethenny is no dummy.  I do think Bethenny is driven to be on RHNY first and foremost to keep her brand strong...that doesn't mean the other ladies aren't there for the same reasons, I just think for Bethenny it's her number one reason.  I don't think it's the top reason for the majority of them.  I don't think it's a bad thing either way, it's making the most out of what is likely short lived opportunities to save money.  I don't blame her or anyone for product placements in any scene.

The products hit the discounters usually when they are very slow moving items. Short or close dated in some instances. She still has heavy inventory at places like Publix, Kroger and Walmart, so she is doing great on some items, probably not so great on others. That is the way it works in the food business. The vast majority of new items never make it, so you just keep trying until you find something that works.  I have no idea if her new deli meats will do well (they are new), but the fact that she got a licensing agreement with a company like Smithfield Foods is a very big deal indeed. Even bigger since she got it recently, which means that either the show is helping her, or at the very least it is not hurting her. These people are serious and don't play around. She could live off the distribution she got on these items just at Publix, even if they don't stay on the market for more than a year or two. Then there is the coffee and tea, which is hitting the market hard (I didn't even know she had these items). People who don't like her may think it is all just a dismal failure, but in the food world, SG is doing quite well and her expansion into so many different lines makes me dizzy. And a little jealous. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Bethnny has to constantly weigh the public exposure of her words and behavior on RHONYC and the effect of her brand and her child.  The number of times for example Bethenny has forgiven Ramona are unprecedented for Bethenny, maybe even unprecedented for clergy.  When Bethenny first came back she called Ramona out about stealing clothes from her talk show and referenced Ramona Rider it was all fun.  (Maybe not having a fight in the midst of Sonja's long awaited fashion show.)  Bethenny's talk show was dead so no danger of the TV show brand damage engaging with Ramona. 

This episode I think is a little of both from Ramona and Bethenny, what I saw was Ramona bringing up something personal and for most people would be a regret or embarrassing (especially the way Ramona phrased it-soft porn) and bulldog Ramona just ramming it down Bethenny's throat with the references to Bryn.  Going back in time, Bethenny once called a blogger a "cockroach" for writing she was pregnant (she was) so I was surprised Bethenny didn't stick to the tougher stance of just putting it back on the writer.  I kind of believe Bethenny may be taking some of her "brutal" treatment in the form of too many texts from Jason, out on Ramona.  To me it felt more like Ramona  was trying to bring up Jason and the on going, never ending divorce battle with Bethenny. 

Product placement is good when one is behaving, not so good when one is misbehaving. 

38 minutes ago, IKnowRight said:

Ha Ha, I sort of remember something happening along those lines!  I bet Wirewrap, ZoeysMom or MCM remembers?  Anyone? Bueller?

Now, that's the kind of stuff I am looking for to snark on watching these shows!

Ramona had attended a jewelry launch party for Luann's line-off camera.  Ramona liked a prototype tried it on and of course announced it was made of inferior material for Ramona's gentle skin, so Luann had a necklace made for her.  Ramona was just being mean. It was never re-gifting.  What burned Ramona was Luann was going for make-up time with Bethenny at her birthday with a better gift.  The reoccurring theme on this show.  Sonja forever mad about not going to the Berkshires and having an opportunity for make-up scenes with Bethenny.

What was once again stupid was Ramona making a big deal out of it and calling it re-gifting.  Amazing Ramona gives all these low blows and wonders why people have stopped inviting her places.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The products hit the discounters usually when they are very slow moving items. Short or close dated in some instances. She still has heavy inventory at places like Publix, Kroger and Walmart, so she is doing great on some items, probably not so great on others. That is the way it works in the food business. The vast majority of new items never make it, so you just keep trying until you find something that works.  I have no idea if her new deli meats will do well (they are new), but the fact that she got a licensing agreement with a company like Smithfield Foods is a very big deal indeed. Even bigger since she got it recently, which means that either the show is helping her, or at the very least it is not hurting her. These people are serious and don't play around. She could live off the distribution she got on these items just at Publix, even if they don't stay on the market for more than a year or two. Then there is the coffee and tea, which is hitting the market hard (I didn't even know she had these items). People who don't like her may think it is all just a dismal failure, but in the food world, SG is doing quite well and her expansion into so many different lines makes me dizzy. And a little jealous. 

A deal with Smithfield?  That's impressive...not that the Jim Beam deal wasn't the Cat's meow!  I'm curious what the products/ingredients will be in her newer items.  Good for her, she's come a long way.  Like/dislike her, she's a hard working, successful business woman.  

• Love 7

A deal with Smithfield?  That's impressive...not that the Jim Beam deal wasn't the Cat's meow!  I'm curious what the products/ingredients will be in her newer items.  Good for her, she's come a long way.  Like/dislike her, she's a hard working, successful business woman.  

Wowza, that's HyVee and Cub in my area.  And that's a big deal.  So I'm guessing it tastes good or she would not have that heavy a distribution.  Also if you click on the link you see how finished her brand it.  The online websites etc all look very professional with all the pieces in place.  So she is getting her money's worth from her web designer.

• Love 3

Heather got it going and coming her final season. I'm not her biggest fan but she really did get the bum edit to make way for Beth. And after she left she had to sue the person she brought on for additional capital or management because they barred filming in business/offices. So basically the outside the office activities got cut when Beth/others didn't show and nothing from he office was available. I tend to believe that accusation because the minute the show did not benefit her business she was gone.  Luan is definitely not Bethenney or Khandi- but she has been able to crank out a product or line every year for some form of sales and has also done personal appearances. So in that realm she's actually made the show worthwhile from a financial standpoint. And scenes like her and Dorinda boating around the harbor in quasi 70s glory actually feed the type of products she tends to peddle. Ramona's lines have dried up but at one point she was second only to Beth in getting merchandise out the door. Poor Carole hasn't sold squat other than a spike in What Remains when she first joined. And Sonja is a mess.

Bethenney is really successful but it was never a $100 million deal with Beam in the sense of the 100m being solid. It was like an NFL contract with a lot of production/sales incentives. She also had to pay her lawyers/managers their share and was sued by her former partner for his take as well. I don't like the harpie anymore but you have to admit her popcorn is pretty tasty and she has enough products to keep turning a dime. But not probably not even Paul Newman $. I think she is on the show because she (like Ramona) has an absolute need for attention. She's been on 4 reality shows and a talk show- and did 3 gigs after already having enough $ to do as she pleases. I think she is more desperate to appear successful or happy than she is to be successful or happy.

Then again if her and Ramona go implant to implant to establish superiority I could deal. We really need a good Dynasty style catfight out of those two.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Here you go. Nutritional information included. 

https://skinnygirllunchmeat.com/

Nice, no artificial ingredients and she uses cane sugar.  Good girl...or should I say, good SkinnyGirl!  Yep, she's no dummy.  She is responding and reacting to the public.  Now, if we could just get her to do that in her personal life, we could rescue her cold,dark soul...  that's just a joke...do I need a disclaimer for every opinion here??

I both envy and pity B all at the same time, and don't hold me to it.

Her line about inviting Trump in a room with Carole?  Hee Hee Hee, sorry can't remember the exact line but I appreciated lightening up the situation with Carole's election stress.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But we always knew that Heather had Yummy. She mentioned it, or others mentioned it all the time. She was upfront about the fact that this was the reason she was on the show. Remember all the shit she got because she apparently didn't want the focus on her family? She got tons of shit for not filming in her home. I hated the way that Bravo treated Heather her final season, but in the end, believe that is the reason she left. She was there for a purpose and Bravo wasn't doing their part to help her achieve her objective. So it wasn't worth it to her. Does anyone believe that Beth would have come back if there wasn't something in her contract that stipulated she got to promote SG big time? No way in hell. The others just don't care that much or they would do the same. 

I never understand the gals that put up with this show without there being a bigger purpose. I am glad they do because it gives me something to snark on, but why? Shannon on the OC show will put the most intimate details of her marriage on TV, but it doesn't seem to be because she is trying to do something bigger for her future. She is just there because she wants to be on TV. I totally get it, but think the gals that are doing this to prop up their futures for something bigger later are more relatable. Even when I hate the constant product placements from some of them. 

I do, I really think Bethenny craves the attention she gets on the show as much as Ramona and Sonja do. This is the same woman that said she would never do the HW shows again, she needs the spotlight just as much as any of them.

2 hours ago, IKnowRight said:

IMHO they were mostly cheap looking and yes, low rent, in comparison to what real housewives spend on their clothes.  These ladies are supposed to be chic.  I check out their websites when they are hawking anything when I'm paying attention.  We used to snark on her giant necklaces all the time.  Reminds me of Rinna and her line, they were designed for the "everyday woman" and fans...which tells me what they think of their customers!  I'm not saying that it was all pitiful but I don't see Rinna wearing much of her QVC line on the show!  Nope, Victoria Beckham....In fairness, Luann does wear her clothes on the show some of the time.  She just doesn't have a modern fashion sense...I like traditional styles too, but I sense lots of dust on Luann and moths all over Sonja's clothes...seriously that old Ralph Lauren dress was all she could find?  These ladies summer in the Hamptons and most of them could not even pull out a colorful designer dress for the tea party?  Heather, so far, is the only one making bank in clothing...

Well, Luann's clothing line was made for the "masses not the classes". LOL Really though, her line was for the average middle class slightly older woman, as are most of these HWs that have clothing lines. Heather was/is the only one that designs for average women of all ages, which sets her apart.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I do, I really think Bethenny craves the attention she gets on the show as much as Ramona and Sonja do. This is the same woman that said she would never do the HW shows again, she needs the spotlight just as much as any of them.

Well, Luann's clothing line was made for the "masses not the classes". LOL Really though, her line was for the average middle class slightly older woman, as are most of these HWs that have clothing lines. Heather was/is the only one that designs for average women of all ages, which sets her apart.

Bethenny and Sonja have remarkably different approaches how they direct the fame from the show.  Bethnny seems to want to insulate her daughter from the negative side of reality TV whoredom and Sonja seems to want to draw attention to herself by mentioning and bragging about one night stands with celebrities, that most likely never occurred.  I would think right around the time your daughter reaches 16 it might be a good time to pull back on the sexual conquest bragging.  A big clue to Sonja-your daughter and her friends watch the show and they don't think of you as the cool friend-you are always Quincy's mom. Clearly not with Sonja she is big on more and more mentions.  There is Ramona who seems to be the one who will bring the past moments of questionable moments in the name of the children.  Finally Luann who will never say anything correct in Bethenny's eyes.  If one doesn't feel embarrassment or regret how does one ever apologize for their actions? 

How did we get to the point in the Bethenny/Ramona conversation of making attacks on one's looks and name calling?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Alison said:

having a dad who was arrested for stalking and aggravated harassment is Brynn's only hope, that makes me very sad.

I think we should wait until this is litigated. It seems to be part of Bethenny's jihad against her husband. The court will decide. They seem  to have sided with Jason several times. Ex-spouse often file bogus reports and try to get restraining orders to obtain full custody. I bet that is what is happening here.

Bethenny is just not believable. At all.

• Love 12