Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AdorkableSars

Country Music, Y'all!

Recommended Posts


9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Loretta Lynn looked like she wasn't quite comprehending what was going on ... or is it just me???

It was definitely not just you--she had to cancel a bunch of shows about a year or so ago, but she always seemed like she was just sick, and still very much on the ball otherwise--but at the CMAs, I was genuinely wondering if she was "all there" mentally--I was wondering if she even recognized her sister when Crystal Gayle was singing. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Back to our list:

#740: Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn--“After the Fire is Gone”

#739: Carrie Underwood--“Just a Dream”

#738: Mark Chesnutt--“Bubba Shot the Jukebox”

#737: Ray Charles--“Crying Time”

#736: The Band Perry--“Better Dig Two”

#735: Holly Dunn--“Daddy’s Hands”

#734: Luke Bryan--“Kick the Dust Up”

#733: Tanya Tucker--“What’s Your Mama’s Name”

#732: Tim McGraw--“Red Ragtop”

#731: Alan Jackson--“Wanted”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/11/17/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-740-731/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

From last week's CMA Awards: Reba's performance of "Fancy." I'll admit, I kind of wish she had performed something else--she released a brand new album of original material just earlier THIS YEAR. And the last time she performed this song was a part of the medley at the beginning of the 2016 CMAs in honor of the show's 50th anniversary! That was literally the last time she was on that show's stage, singing that same damn song! She has other songs, you know? New songs even, at that.

...But no matter. She still proved why she's one of the best entertainers this genre will ever see.

Edited by UYI

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, UYI said:

...And then it ended on a very sour note as Carrie lost Entertainer of the Year to Garth Brooks, despite the fact that he played 12 shows all year with only one single to his name while she performed night after night on the biggest tour of her career that promoted her most recent album, which included three singles (and now has launched a fourth--her performance ROCKED, BTW, and proves my point that she deserved EOTY). Fuck that noise, and fuck Garth and his insane campaign for the award and his tone deaf speech. Gross. At least if Eric Church had won, I would have gotten it--he had a massive tour himself this year. But Garth? Fuck no. SMGDFH. 

I'm not a fan of Carrie Underwood, but based on the sheer amount of performances alone, she had far more right to the title than Garth Brooks.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, UYI said:

On a lighter note, Jennifer Nettles made a STATEMENT with her outfit the other night:

I thought the cape/skirt was ugly as a design, but the sentiment was awesome, and I loved how non-subtle she was about it.  The time for subtlety on the subject is long past.

Edited by proserpina65

Share this post


Link to post

Boy, Reba isn't kidding when she says she can't walk in heels.

I was not wowed by that.  The fit of the first two outfits made obvious there was something underneath them all, so the costume changes were telegraphed and thus lost a lot of their oomph.  But I understand she does that routine as an encore at a lot of her concerts (I haven't seen her on stage in eons), so I guess it's her signature thing and that - plus Bobbie Gentry's lyrics - is why she/they went with Fancy for this celebration of women in country. 

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, UYI said:

733: Tanya Tucker--“What’s Your Mama’s Name”

That song always makes me cry.  Last time I listened to it, I was driving down Rt. 40 in Maryland - big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post

The video for Carrie Underwood's newest single, "Drinking Alone" (the fourth single off her album Cry Pretty) is here. It's been a few years since she's had a truly great video like this one. Great job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

New day, new entries to the Sirius XM list.

#730: Sugarland--“Stuck Like Glue”

#729: Charley Pride--“Does My Ring Hurt You Finger”

#728: George Strait--“Baby Blue”

#727: Miranda Lambert--“White Liar”

#726: Bob Luman--“Lonely Women Make Good Lovers”

#725: Billy Currington--“Let Me Down Easy”

#724: Collin Raye--“I Can Still Feel You”

#723: Dolly Parton--“Joshua”

#722: Chris Young--“Lonely Eyes”

#721: Randy Houser--“Goodnight Kiss”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/11/21/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-730-721/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, UYI said:

#726: Bob Luman--“Lonely Women Make Good Lovers”

Oh, hell to the no.  Did they get confused and think they were making a list of country's worst songs?

The CU commentary revealed a horrifying tidbit:  There are only seven solo Dolly Parton songs on the whole list.  SEVEN.  Jason Aldean has 17 fucking songs on this list, but Dolly Parton has less than half his total. 

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, Bastet said:

Oh, hell to the no.  Did they get confused and think they were making a list of country's worst songs?

The CU commentary revealed a horrifying tidbit:  There are only seven solo Dolly Parton songs on the whole list.  SEVEN.  Jason Aldean has 17 fucking songs on this list, but Dolly Parton has less than half his total. 

The list definitely skews male and recent.  But any list which includes ANY Jason Aldean songs and only 7 Dolly Parton ones doesn't deserve my consideration.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/25/2019 at 1:13 PM, proserpina65 said:

The list definitely skews male and recent.  But any list which includes ANY Jason Aldean songs and only 7 Dolly Parton ones doesn't deserve my consideration.

The best part about the conversation that we've been linking to is that they are well aware of the biases of this list and it ENRAGES them. And they are not remotely shy about saying so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

What a great lead-in for the next ten entries! (I won't lie though, a few of these are guilty pleasures of mine.)

#720: Mark Chesnutt--“Goin’ Through the Big D”

#719: George Jones--“Who’s Gonna Fill Your Shoes”

#718: Thomas Rhett--“Make Me Wanna”

#717: Trace Adkins--“Honky Tonk Badonkadonk”

#716: Faith Hill--“Piece of My Heart”

#715: Merle Haggard--“Daddy Frank (The Guitar Man)”

#714: Jerrod Niemann--“Lover, Lover”

#713: Conway Twitty--“Tight Fittin’ Jeans”

#712: Steve Holy--“Good Morning Beautiful”

#711: Hank Williams--“Honky Tonkin’”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/12/01/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-720-711/

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, UYI said:

#718: Thomas Rhett--“Make Me Wanna”

Oh gods, I had to go look this song up to see if it's as bad as the CU folks make it seem (yep), because the commentary is hilariously scathing:
 

Quote

JK: Throw it into the fires of Mount Doom, Samwise. This emetic bit of shameless trend-hopping should have ended his career rather than kickstarting it. So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

KJC:  Complete the title with the appropriate bodily reaction, because this works better as a Mad Libs exercise than it does as a country song.  So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

9 minutes ago, UYI said:

#716: Faith Hill--“Piece of My Heart”

Seriously?!  That anemic cover is awful.  And I like Faith Hill (rather dim, but quite nice, based on my few brief interactions with her when I worked in the music industry), but I can't with the fact she'd never heard Janis's version when she recorded hers.  You have to actively look for a rock to live under to miss that song.

11 minutes ago, UYI said:

#713: Conway Twitty--“Tight Fittin’ Jeans”

This one, though, I love; Conway Twitty has an unparalleled ability to make cheesy, male gaze lyrics sound respectfully admiring.

13 minutes ago, UYI said:

#711: Hank Williams--“Honky Tonkin’”

This is now stuck in my head.  That's not a bad thing.

17 minutes ago, UYI said:

#719: George Jones--“Who’s Gonna Fill Your Shoes”

I almost started off with railing against this list yet again, that "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes" (weird that CU has it as "Your") was only ranked 719, but then I thought that might just be a knee-jerk reaction; I let that percolate while I pondered the others, and I've decided it is indeed right about where it should be (on a real list of top 1000, that is; as compared just to what's on this list so far, it should be higher).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think I actually CAN understand how Faith Hill might have missed the Janis Joplin version of "Piece of My Heart", especially given that she grew up in a small town in Mississippi that probably listened WAY more to country music. And really, people can have weird blind spots about certain things that don't otherwise make sense in terms of pop culture, it happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's not just about what radio stations one listens to, that song is in movies, TV shows, and commercials, gets belted out in bars, is played in restaurants/stores as well as people's homes, etc.  To have never heard it in the 30-some years she'd been alive at the time she recorded it, despite being in the music industry herself (and long before she landed a recording contract and released that first album - she worked for a music publishing company upon arriving in Nashville and then married a music publishing exec), is quite something.

Share this post


Link to post

Have I mentioned how much I love “I Hate This” by Tenille Arts? Seriously. I guess she was a contestant on the Bachelor, but she’s also a damn good Country singer-songwriter. To me, this is what many people see in Taylor Swift that I never really saw. She comes off open-hearted, sentimental, vulnerable, honest ... like a woman going through a break-up she really didn’t want. And I love that it is a Country tune they could easily work as an adult contemporary song if need be. It’s refreshingly lacking a lot of percussion. Just...a great contemporary country song:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

With that in mind, let me highlight a song by ANOTHER Canadian female country artist with the same first name: Tenille Townes. Tenille Arts has the far more widely-appealing voice, but I like Townes' voice too, for what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post

Onward.

#710: Randy Travis--“Diggin’ Up Bones”

#709: Blake Shelton--“Mine Would Be You”

#708: Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton--“Just Someone I Used to Know”

#707: Keith Whitley--“I’m No Stranger to the Rain”

#706: Lee Brice--“I Don’t Dance”

#705: Alabama--“I’m in a Hurry (and Don’t Know Why)”

#704: Kenny Chesney--“Live a Little”

#703: The Bellamy Brothers--“If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me”

#702: Clay Walker--“She Won’t Be Lonely Long”

#701: Johnny Cash--“Understand Your Man”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/12/10/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-710-701/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, UYI said:

#710: Randy Travis--“Diggin’ Up Bones”

Oh, come the hell on, Sirius.  Seven hundred and nine songs are better than this one?

The rest are pretty meh - yes, even the ones by Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton with Porter Wagoner, as all had much better - and I find "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" (also quite underrated on the list) the only other rankable song in this batch.

4 hours ago, UYI said:

#706: Lee Brice--“I Don’t Dance”

But once again I was entertained into looking up an unfamiliar song to see if it was awful as the amusing CU commentary claimed (and, once again, yep):
 

Quote

JK: You also don’t sing all that well, yet here we are with you again. So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

KJC:  The truck song will suffice, thank you very much.  So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, UYI said:

Onward.

#710: Randy Travis--“Diggin’ Up Bones”

#709: Blake Shelton--“Mine Would Be You”

#708: Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton--“Just Someone I Used to Know”

#707: Keith Whitley--“I’m No Stranger to the Rain”

#706: Lee Brice--“I Don’t Dance”

#705: Alabama--“I’m in a Hurry (and Don’t Know Why)”

#704: Kenny Chesney--“Live a Little”

#703: The Bellamy Brothers--“If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body Would You Hold it Against Me”

#702: Clay Walker--“She Won’t Be Lonely Long”

#701: Johnny Cash--“Understand Your Man”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2019/12/10/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-710-701/

This part of this list made me laugh:

Quote

Lee Brice, “I Don’t Dance”

#5 | 2014

JK: You also don’t sing all that well, yet here we are with you again. So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

KJC:  The truck song will suffice, thank you very much.  So Wrong (Doesn’t Belong)

 I also agree with their assessment that both #710 and #707 are way too low. BTW, #703 is a "guilty pleasure" of mine; no one ever said who one was applying it to.😀

Share this post


Link to post

I love Alabama, and "I'm in a Hurry" is proof that they had just as many gems in the 90's as they did in the 80's. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Carrie Underwood is stepping down as CMA host. I don’t know if Brad’s done for good or if it was a one year break. Someone mentioned Thomas Rhett and Kelsea Ballerini as hosts since they do the festival. I’d be okay with Kelsea, but Thomas Rhett is a snooze fest. Sorry to the people who love him. Brad and Carrie worked because he played the goofball to her serious person. 

The show is going to take a hit because Brad and Carrie co-wrote their own monologues with David Wild. Brad has given Carrie credit for a lot of their most hilarious bits. I don’t know if people realize how much of the really funny stuff comes from Carrie. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Damn. I loved seeing her host this year with Reba and Dolly. I do wonder if this is her way of silently protesting her snub for Entertainer of the Year this year. If either she or Eric Church had won this year, I would have been happy/fine with that but Garth Brooks, who had no album to promote and barely toured this year? What a joke. She's not the type to make huge waves--I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she had kept her chin up/head down, kept quiet and continued to host the show--but with her stepping down, it does look like a subtle acknowledgment that she felt slighted--and given that she's only been nominated TWICE for EOTY (and the first time was in 2016!), and how few women have won that award in general (and almost all of them have had a degree of crossover success, something Carrie only really had with "Before He Cheats"--and that was from her first album, when she would have been considered "too new" to be up for that award), and I can see why she's done hosting their show for them--especially since she's apparently been a HUGE draw for them in terms of ratings success. I'm curious to see how well the ratings will hold up next year without her, if they even do at all. 

But yeah, if she couldn't win EOTY for either her success on her Storyteller Tour in 2016, or for the success on her Cry Pretty 360 Tour this year, then she's most likely never going to win that award at all, period. A man would absolutely win with that her stats (and no, it's not just about touring, but it's certainly a significant factor in determining who wins), I absolutely believe that. But overall, she'll be fine. I can't help but admire the class and integrity it took for her to give up true crossover success because of her love of country music. Not that there's anything wrong with going after that, of course, but it couldn't have been easy to stand her ground after winning American Idol and especially after how big BHC was. But she did, and I adore her. I look forward to whatever she does next. 🙂 

Also, I kind of hope Carrie winds up hosting the ACMs instead, as a form of revenge. 😄 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, UYI said:

Damn. I loved seeing her host this year with Reba and Dolly. I do wonder if this is her way of silently protesting her snub for Entertainer of the Year this year. If either she or Eric Church had won this year, I would have been happy/fine with that but Garth Brooks, who had no album to promote and barely toured this year? What a joke. She's not the type to make huge waves--I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if she had kept her chin up/head down, kept quiet and continued to host the show--but with her stepping down, it does look like a subtle acknowledgment that she felt slighted--and given that she's only been nominated TWICE for EOTY (and the first time was in 2016!), and how few women have won that award in general (and almost all of them have had a degree of crossover success, something Carrie only really had with "Before He Cheats"--and that was from her first album, when she would have been considered "too new" to be up for that award), and I can see why she's done hosting their show for them--especially since she's apparently been a HUGE draw for them in terms of ratings success. I'm curious to see how well the ratings will hold up next year without her, if they even do at all. 

But yeah, if she couldn't win EOTY for either her success on her Storyteller Tour in 2016, or for the success on her Cry Pretty 360 Tour this year, then she's most likely never going to win that award at all, period. A man would absolutely win with that her stats (and no, it's not just about touring, but it's certainly a significant factor in determining who wins), I absolutely believe that. But overall, she'll be fine. I can't help but admire the class and integrity it took for her to give up true crossover success because of her love of country music. Not that there's anything wrong with going after that, of course, but it couldn't have been easy to stand her ground after winning American Idol and especially after how big BHC was. But she did, and I adore her. I look forward to whatever she does next. 🙂 

Also, I kind of hope Carrie winds up hosting the ACMs instead, as a form of revenge. 😄 

^^^^   x 100   ^^^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yee haw and Happy New Year! There have finally been TWO entries published by CU in the last few days, and of course I'm late to them both, but here they are:

#700: Jerrod Niemann--“Drink to That All Night”

#699: Reba McEntire--“Little Rock”

#698: Brad Paisley featuring Dolly Parton--“When I Get Where I’m Going”

#697: Gene Watson--“Fourteen Carat Mind”

#696: Carrie Underwood--“Two Black Cadillacs”

#695: Garth Brooks--“American Honky Tonk Bar Association”

#694: Blake Shelton--“Neon Light”

#693: Roy Clark--“Thank God and Greyhound”

#692: Dixie Chicks--“There’s Your Trouble”

#691: Tim McGraw featuring Taylor Swift and Keith Urban--“Highway Don’t Care”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/01/07/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-700-691/

And the last ten:

#690: Willie Nelson--“Funny How Time Slips Away”

#689: Jo Dee Messina--“Bye Bye”

#688: Brad Paisley--“I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)”

#687: Alabama--"Dixieland Delight”

#686: Don Williams--“Amanda”

#685: Billy Currington--“Don’t It”

#684: Brooks & Dunn--“Rock My World (Little Country Girl)”

#683: Johnny Russell--“Rednecks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer”

#682: Alan Jackson--“It Must Be Love”

#681: Clay Walker--“If I Could Make a Living”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/01/12/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-690-681/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man I wish I could see what the billboard country songs are but nooo now you have to be a "billboard pro member"  F that stuff. Lol why you gotta pay to see that? I guess it's not that important but I like to look at that every now and then. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 1/16/2020 at 4:38 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Man I wish I could see what the billboard country songs are but nooo now you have to be a "billboard pro member"  F that stuff. Lol why you gotta pay to see that? I guess it's not that important but I like to look at that every now and then. 

The thing that annoys me most is that if you want to keep up with the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200 (album charts), you can do so on the Chart Data Twitter page, but they don't cover country:

https://twitter.com/chartdata

However, on the Pulse Music Board forum, they do have threads for the country charts (and the country posters there are a strong, tight knit community):

http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thread/93543/billboard-country-airplay-issues-updated?page=49

This is specifically for the Billboard Country Airplay charts, which is for country radio. The other chart is the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, which factors in things like sales and streaming. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

These two songs have been released in these last two weeks, both by amazing women artists. Brandy Clark is one of the most prominent mainstream country songwriters of the last 10-15 years, but she has yet to find commercial success as a recording artist, although she has gotten a LOT of critical acclaim. This song is called "Who You Thought I Was", and it serves as the lead single for her third studio album, Your Life is a Record, out on March 6th.

Meanwhile, Margo Price released her new song, "Stone Me", just a few nights ago, after performing it on Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎01‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:44 AM, UYI said:

Yee haw and Happy New Year! There have finally been TWO entries published by CU in the last few days, and of course I'm late to them both, but here they are:

#700: Jerrod Niemann--“Drink to That All Night”

#699: Reba McEntire--“Little Rock”

#698: Brad Paisley featuring Dolly Parton--“When I Get Where I’m Going”

#697: Gene Watson--“Fourteen Carat Mind”

#696: Carrie Underwood--“Two Black Cadillacs”

#695: Garth Brooks--“American Honky Tonk Bar Association”

#694: Blake Shelton--“Neon Light”

#693: Roy Clark--“Thank God and Greyhound”

#692: Dixie Chicks--“There’s Your Trouble”

#691: Tim McGraw featuring Taylor Swift and Keith Urban--“Highway Don’t Care”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/01/07/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-700-691/

And the last ten:

#690: Willie Nelson--“Funny How Time Slips Away”

#689: Jo Dee Messina--“Bye Bye”

#688: Brad Paisley--“I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)”

#687: Alabama--"Dixieland Delight”

#686: Don Williams--“Amanda”

#685: Billy Currington--“Don’t It”

#684: Brooks & Dunn--“Rock My World (Little Country Girl)”

#683: Johnny Russell--“Rednecks, White Socks, and Blue Ribbon Beer”

#682: Alan Jackson--“It Must Be Love”

#681: Clay Walker--“If I Could Make a Living”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/01/12/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-690-681/

 

Thank God and Greyhound deserves to be much higher on the list.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's been awhile since this list was updated, and given how weird it is I wouldn't have blamed anyone for giving up on it, but after a slight detour into a list of Country Universe's opinions on the best country albums of the 2010's, I am back to continue on with the Sirius XM list:

#680: Toby Keith--“How Do You Like Me Now?”

#679: Shania Twain--“Honey, I’m Home”

#678: Cole Swindell--“Hope You Get Lonely Tonight”

#677: Merle Haggard--“Are the Good Times Really Over (I Wish a Buck was Still Silver)”

#676: Zac Brown Band--“Sweet Annie”

#675: Terri Clark--“Poor, Poor Pitiful Me”

#674: Jason Aldean--“Why”

#673: Conway Twitty--“This Time I’ve Hurt Her More Than She Loves Me”

#672: Tracy Byrd--“Watermelon Crawl”

#671: Luke Bryan--“Roller Coaster”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/02/25/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-680-671/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, UYI said:

#680: Toby Keith--“How Do You Like Me Now?”

Of course.  This piece of sexist shit is just the sort of song these morons at Sirius would pick.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

A palate cleanser:

On April 10th, John Anderson will release a new album called Years. Here's the title track, which came out last month:

For someone who had as many hits as he did, I think he's actually VERY underrated. 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I want to highlight a song called "More Hearts Than Mine" by Ingrid Andress. It has been climbing up the country charts recently, along with a few others by women, which is already giving me more hope going into the 2020's in terms of "equal play". This one in particular is stunning, though. Here's the video, then a live performance at the Opry.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Since I turn 31 today, I'm selfishly posting "Something's Gotta Give" a 2006 hit by LeAnn Rimes (I was 17 when this was charting!), which starts with the line "Jenny's got a job, a cat named Jake,
31 candles on her birthday cake" (I'm just swapping the line "next year" for "today", lol). Thanks to all y'all for indulging me here in all my yee haw interests! 🙂 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Coming back after my birthday this weekend for more entries from our list!

#670: George Jones--“Why Baby Why”

#669: Frankie Ballard--“Sunshine & Whiskey”

#668: Collin Raye--“Little Rock”

#667: Tracy Lawrence with Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney--“Find Out Who Your Friends Are”

#666: Bobby Bare--“Tequila Sheila”

#665: Dierks Bentley--“Settle For a Slowdown”

#664: LeAnn Rimes--“One Way Ticket (Because I Can)”

#663: Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss--“Whiskey Lullaby”

#662: Tanya Tucker--“The Man That Turned My Mama On”

#661: Toby Keith--“As Good as I Once Was”

http://www.countryuniverse.net/2020/02/29/a-country-music-conversation-sirius-top-1000-country-songs-of-all-time-670-661/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't even know most of those songs.

"Tequila Sheila" is one I do, and I laughed out loud at the "come the entirety of Hell on with this pick" comment. 

Another one is "One Way Ticket" and I am stunned to read that not only did they rank it in the top 700, it's the only song of hers they did rank.  That's such an odd pick.

"Whiskey Lullaby" ought to be higher.  Much higher.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't even know most of those songs.

"Tequila Sheila" is one I do, and I laughed out loud at the "come the entirety of Hell on with this pick" comment. 

 

Especially since it was ranked at #666. 😄 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Toby Keith--“As Good as I Once Was” ... one of my all-time favorites (that always made me smile)!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow · Reason: Added smile comment.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size