Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E16: A Fresh Start

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

Nova is an interesting looking little child, isn't she?  Maybe it's all the scrunched up faces she always makes.   

That's putting it nicely. Maybe she'll grow into her looks, but neither of her parents are attractive, so. . .

• Love 3
22 hours ago, krawz555 said:

Seriously. Driving in the car and shoving pepperoni pizza into her mouth. Who does that with their kids?? Snacks, yes.... crackers, pretzels to tied you over until you get real food. Not a full greasy meal IN the car, driving. Gross.

When my parents were getting divorced, my mom let me order pancakes from the drive thru at McDonald's and eat them in the car while she drove me to school. The backseat was sticky for about 6 months. It was a poor decision she made once during a crisis but it looks like a regular thing for Amber and BooBoo. 

I'm never sure how much certain people like Ryan and Farrah are playing characters and how much is real. I don't get Farrah's anger towards her family. Was there abuse? If so, maybe it's best to limit time together. No shame in dumping abusive family members. I let go of a one years ago and don't miss her one bit. Did Ryan get hit on the head? He seems lobotomized. I wouldn't put it past Farrah to amp up the drama to keep the show going. Ryan seems too dumb to play a part but maybe that's the point.

I don't know what to say about Cate and Tyler. I do wish someone would wipe the smudged make up from under her eyes. She has had that in every scene for years. They should have taken their Teen Mom money and left town years ago. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

If Amber wants Leah overnight on a school night, she should have to work at it with baby steps.

For ex:

1) pick Leah at Gary's and driver to school. Forcing amber to get up early and drive HERSELF not Matt!!! But Amber getting there on time...that way if she is even 5 minutes late Gary or Christina can take her.

2) have amber drove leah to school for 1 full week with no mess ups or excuses. Also during this time she should make and pack Leah's lunch and bring it with her.

3) for 1 full week she is to come to Gary's house early in order for her to be the.one to wake up Leah, fix her breakfast and help Leah get dressed and fix her hair.

If she can do this then they can talk about a school night sleepover.

OT: on Being Matt, what did they do with Leah. It looks like she had an uncomfortable meeting in the car with her "brother and sister", guitar leasons then that dinner then she was gone. And why are there never any toys around that house, or anything that hints that a child is there?

I agree that in many cases this would be a good idea but in Amber's case absolutely not. If she wanted to be able to spend more time with her daughter she should have made it a priority to find a house close Leah's school. She has no excuse for living 45 mins away. Neither Matt nor Amber have a job. They are renting so it's not like they can't pick up and move and she has more money than normal mothers so expense isn't an issue. Those Two deadbeat parents didn't care to be close to Leah all they cared about was renting an expensive house in a ritzy neighborhood and pretending they bought it.  

And kids really need a routine and stability. Leah is a seemingly bright and well adjusted little girl. That is 100% thanks to her loving parents Gary and Kristina! If Gary let Amber pick her up at his house and take her to school I guarantee Amber wouldn't.make it on time or she just wouldn't show up and wouldn't call. She always has an excuse. Just like the bad tooth thing. If Leah was allowed at Amber's during the school week her homework wouldn't get done she'd probably not get to bed on time and no one would care and she'd be fed garbage for dinner. Amber can't be bothered to always get Leah the time she's allowed to. She doesn't need more time when she doesn't take advantage of the time she's given. I am definitely not anywhere near a perfect mom and no one will call me amazing because it's simply not true. My kids are taken care of but I make mistakes. I yell at times. Once I didn't realize my three year old son had no shoes on until I strapped him in his car seat and it was a winter day! But if for some reason I didnt have full custody of my children I would have absolutely NO excuses as to why I couldn't spend time with them on the days I was given!! And unless I had to work I wouldn't turn down any extra time that was offered. I'm sure Amber always asks to see Leah on school nights when they are filming so she can cry on camera. But has no problem leaving Leah with Gary for all her endless illness faked anxiety and worthless plastic surgeries and her much needed out of town vacations. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 22

Was there abuse? If so, maybe it's best to limit time together. No shame in dumping abusive family members

True, except Farrah keeps pulling her parents back into her life when she needs them, and it seems she needs them all the time. If they were abusive as she claimed, major eye roll goes her way for having them around her child. I realize that many children who were abused tend to maintain relationships with abusive people when they are adults. My thing with Farrah is, she leaves her child in her parents' care for long periods of time. Farrah doesn't need them to be her child's caretaker. She can afford to leave Sophia with a nanny. It isn't as if she never had a caretaker for Sophia. Farrah rattles on about how much she doesn't need them around. Well then, stop asking them to care for your child and to be your own personal slaves. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

While I totally loathe "mamber" I believe her on that one.  Gary strikes me as a total misogynist.  I could see Christina's frustration at his total refusal to allow Amber any extra time with Leah despite what he's always saying in public and I'm guessing part of that is because she'd like a break.  They're pretty open about the fact that she's the primary caregiver of all three of those girls that live with them.  Gary has stepped up as a father, sure, but he really does cross me as a bit of a jerk and I'm fairly sure he still uses Leah to get under Amber's skin.

Right?  Who IS this chick and why doesn't she have a proper office to work out of??  Hell, pretend you do housecalls and just come to Cate and Ty's house.  The whole staples/hotel room office thing is creepy and makes you look ridiculous.

I interpreted that scene differently. Kristina and Gary's conversations often seem rehearsed and Gary is trying to show he's not keeping Leah from Amber out of spite but our of concern for Leah and he wants that clearly documented probably in case Amber ever pulls a Janelle and makes a half assed attempt to regain custody. So he and Kristina point out all the legitimate reasons Amber should not be alloted more time with Leah on school nights. And Imo their reasons are valid. Matt does all the heavy lifting with Leah at Amber's house. But interestingly enough I've never seen any affection between the two. Matt always looks at Leah with thinly veiled irritation and though Leah is affectionate on command with Amber she never jokes with Matt or hugs him. She cuddles and kisses and hugs and teases with Kristina and Gary all the time. I didn't see Kristina as frustrated even if she got a break from Leah she still has Emily and watching two kids together Is easier than watching one. Plus she genuinely loves Leah and wants what is best for her and that's not more time with lazy neglectful Amber. Kristina is the closest thing to a real mom that Leah will ever know. 

• Love 12
10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Amber so so full of shit. Dentists can give you meds that are not addictive. They can use a local to fix your teeth. Amber is just trying to get sympathy, plus I'm guessing seeing a dentist is not on her priority list. And she can save the college funds reference. Everyone knows that she has nothing saved at all, not for Leah or herself. 

OR you can not take the pills!!! I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once. I was awake (had a major dose of laughing gas) and I took children's liquid Motrin as my pain meds. Not because I'm an addict but because I can't swollow pills lol. I had to drink a whole damn bottle of it for one dose but i recall it working fairly well. And I don't deal with tooth/mouth pain well. 

9 hours ago, Abmis said:

When Farrah was putting the red lamp together I thought it was Deb at first.  I don't think that's the look Farrah is going for.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I'm surprised Farrah went blonde since her mom is blonde. 

And kudos to her parents for being able to keep a straight face while she spouts how awesome she is and everyone else sucks. Or at least Michael. Debra hadn't learned how to play dumb yet. 

I do hate how they showed that Sophia didn't want to give her a hug and deb looked sad. That's a natural reaction from a kid that age. 

• Love 6

they couldn't wait to get Cate off the antidepressants for some reason

Tyler was asked about his comment about Cate needing to be off the antidepressants and as soon as he said something about the editing, I rolled my eyes and braced for the upcoming stupidity, but miraculously, it didn't come because he was right. The scene was them talking about having another child and I think Catelyn made a joke about wanting another baby after she returned from rehab/postpartum depression summer camp, and he was saying she would have to get off the meds first. Then the clip was shown and you could tell that he was referring to having another baby, although she didn't seem to be joking, to me.

He went on to say that she would have to drop the amount of the drug she was taking and/or change to a different one altogether if she were to get pregnant. I don't think they said the actual name of the drug, but Tyler said there were some that were safer for pregnancy and the one she was on isn't recommended for pregnancy at normal dosages. 

The editing on this show is absolutely awful but the people don't deserve much benefit of the doubt. I originally planned to respond to several different comments, but lost them somehow and that smidgen of text was saved in my clipboard. Sigh...must be time to go to sleep.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, kira28 said:

I interpreted that scene differently. Kristina and Gary's conversations often seem rehearsed and Gary is trying to show he's not keeping Leah from Amber out of spite but our of concern for Leah and he wants that clearly documented probably in case Amber ever pulls a Janelle and makes a half assed attempt to regain custody. So he and Kristina point out all the legitimate reasons Amber should not be alloted more time with Leah on school nights. And Imo their reasons are valid.

I agree. Kristina is posing questions like that so Gary can get his side out there. (Although, now that they've broken the 4th wall, I don't know why the producers can't just do it. I suppose it feels more natural this way?) I don't think Kristina is against what Gary is doing, just fostering a discussion. Amber has missed SO many of her weekends with Leah when she decides to go travelling with Matt. Why should Gary possibly mess up Leah's weekly schedule when it suits Amber (i.e. cameras)?

8 hours ago, gunderda said:

I do hate how they showed that Sophia didn't want to give her a hug and deb looked sad. That's a natural reaction from a kid that age. 

I really REALLY cannot stand people who either force or guilt children into giving physical affection. Maybe it's because I was molested as a child, but it's always been paramount to me that my children have full body autonomy. I don't care who you are, my kids do not have to hug or kiss you if they don't want to. Not even me. Debra acts SO immature about Sophia, it's crazy. Pouting like a petulant brat because she wasn't in the mood for a hug. Give me a break. 

• Love 18
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

.....Amber will say "This is bullshit, I'm a damn good mother!!". The point will be made by Gary, once again, just like when he says she doesn't keep her already scheduled visitations.

Amber is not a damn good anything, obviously dumb as a fucking rock.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Such a good point. Again, not a Tyler fan, but she does find a way to make it about her. Always. Look, I'm insecure too. So I get it. But I have learned to keep most of that shit to myself; it's not fair for my husband to be constantly given guilt trips over something he can't help. Cate sucks. He has to constantly walk on eggshells around her. I'd go insane. 

(P.S. I just wanted to let y'all know I'm going to be out of the country - Irelandsquee!!! - for the next 8 days. So if you notice I'm not posting, that's why. And if I've just gone full Teen Mom in thinking that I'm so important that people would even notice, well....I apologize.)

Have fun on your trip! Your presence will be missed. 

I understand what you're saying about Tyler. Tyler at least tries to be productive. He and Butch did a lot of work on the house. He wants to have something at the end of these MTV days. It's hard living with/loving someone who ALWAYS is the needy one. It's exhausting, frustrating and socially isolating. Does Tyler have any social peers besides Cate?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, kira28 said:

I interpreted that scene differently. Kristina and Gary's conversations often seem rehearsed and Gary is trying to show he's not keeping Leah from Amber out of spite but our of concern for Leah and he wants that clearly documented probably in case Amber ever pulls a Janelle and makes a half assed attempt to regain custody. So he and Kristina point out all the legitimate reasons Amber should not be alloted more time with Leah on school nights. And Imo their reasons are valid. Matt does all the heavy lifting with Leah at Amber's house. But interestingly enough I've never seen any affection between the two. Matt always looks at Leah with thinly veiled irritation and though Leah is affectionate on command with Amber she never jokes with Matt or hugs him. She cuddles and kisses and hugs and teases with Kristina and Gary all the time. I didn't see Kristina as frustrated even if she got a break from Leah she still has Emily and watching two kids together Is easier than watching one. Plus she genuinely loves Leah and wants what is best for her and that's not more time with lazy neglectful Amber. Kristina is the closest thing to a real mom that Leah will ever know. 

I agree with a lot of what you said, actually.   I think Gary is a great dad and I definitely think he's got Leah's best interests at heart.  I also think, however, that he does tend to enjoy his total control in the situation (which he should, of course, have) and a small part of him does enjoy toying with Amber. We've seen that over the years.  I'll agree to disagree about watching two kids being easier than one.  As a mother of two, I've found the exact opposite to be true, at least when one of them is a small child like little Emilee.  I understand that Christina is a SAHM but can someone tell me if Gary works?  I genuinely don't know.  I don't remember him mentioning a job.   If he stays home as well, there's no reason that Christina should be doing all the heavy lifting with the kids. 

My prior post wasn't meant to say that Gary doesn't have Leah's best interests at heart and/or isn't a good dad.  I don't believe that at all.  I'm just pointing out that he might be enjoying his "best Teen Mom Dad" title a little too much as he continues to dangle that Leah shaped carrot in front of Amber.  That doesn't mean I think Amber DESERVES to have Leah more right now, I just think his intentions might not be 100% pure.  Maybe like, 80%.  For now, he's got an excuse, as Amber isn't anywhere near ready to have Leah during the school week, but I hope, for Leah's sake, that might not always be the case and I hope when it IS no longer the case, that Gary can actually see that and cede a bit of control. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Have fun on your trip! Your presence will be missed. 

I understand what you're saying about Tyler. Tyler at least tries to be productive. He and Butch did a lot of work on the house. He wants to have something at the end of these MTV days. It's hard living with/loving someone who ALWAYS is the needy one. It's exhausting, frustrating and socially isolating. Does Tyler have any social peers besides Cate?

It seemed that there was a butchy looking girl that used to hang with him a few seasons ago? She might have been a relative.

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

It seemed that there was a butchy looking girl that used to hang with him a few seasons ago? She might have been a relative.

They seemed to have a group of legit friends when they were in HS, but I suspect a lot of those folks have moved on. Who all did they have the bachelor party with?

• Love 4

Yeah it's is really weird that Catelyn and Tyler don't have any identity outside of each other. Does Tyler ever go hang out with friends without Catelyn? Does Catelyn talk to anyone besides that cousin?  Do they have hobbies? Interests? It is so weird to think of a life where I am attached to my husband like a barnacle and I don't work or leave the house or exercise or cook or clean or read or spend time with friends or take a walk outside or wash my hair. How is that life??!

• Love 13

Yeah, Tyler has his best man/woman, and Cate has her obese friend. Hard to tell when filming with friends. Production likes someone else to be there so these people have someone to talk to. Farrah used to tell everything to infant Sophia because she had no friends. Amber and Matt kidnapped an older couple. Maci seems to be the only one with a real circle of contemporaries. 

• Love 17

Have fun and safe travels @ghoulina! Sounds like it will be an awesome trip! 

56 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Yeah it's is really weird that Catelyn and Tyler don't have any identity outside of each other. Does Tyler ever go hang out with friends without Catelyn? 

Who knows. Catelynn is so damn jealous and insecure. She probably follows him any time he leaves to be with friends just so he won't get the urge to go to the strip clubs or any place where females might be. 

I'm just pointing out that he might be enjoying his "best Teen Mom Dad" title a little too much as he continues to dangle that Leah shaped carrot in front of Amber.  That doesn't mean I think Amber DESERVES to have Leah more right now, I just think his intentions might not be 100% pure.  Maybe like, 80%.  For now, he's got an excuse, as Amber isn't anywhere near ready to have Leah during the school week, but I hope, for Leah's sake, that might not always be the case and I hope when it IS no longer the case, that Gary can actually see that and cede a bit of control. 

@lezlers For it to not always be the case it will be on Amber to prove herself by making the necessary changes. Amber has been given chance after chance and continues to fail. If she can't bother to keep her visitation schedule on non-school nights, how can she be trusted to have her child on a school night and ensure she is taken to school on time? It is clear this is all for the cameras and nothing else. Leah is not a toy that Amber can pick up and play with for the benefit of the cameras and then tossed aside when MTV leaves. That is not at all healthy. Amber cannot and should not be allowed when she decides to be a mother and pick and choose when to follow the visitation schedule. 

It was Amber who chose to live 45 minutes away. We heard from Amber herself that she sleeps in until the afternoon because she goes to bed at 4 in the morning. No way was she getting up to take Leah to school. That means it is Matt who would be taking Leah to school. It might be that is another problem. Gary may be afraid to just come right out and say what he feels about Matt being alone with Leah. God knows no one can say anything to Amber without her taking a slight at anything said to her. Leah's safety is Gary's priority. It surely isn't Amber's. 

Matt is skeevy and questionable. I sure as fuck wouldn't want Matt taking my kid by himself anywhere. First of all, Leah has a mother who is supposed to be doing her job as a parent, not her fuck buddy. Second, Matt is a con artist, liar, and manipulator.  At the very least I cringe at what shit he would be saying to Leah when he has her alone. Amber is an adult. She chooses to be with that scumbag. Leah has a dad and step-mom who can make that choice for her. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 17
On 4/17/2017 at 9:24 PM, CofCinci said:

"People tell me I got a good eye for fashion." --- Who?  Who are these people, Amber?  Who?

Amber on her fortune: "I'm not going to hand it to her."  What money is going to be left over for Leah?

I wonder if that is something Matt is putting in her head so he can spend it instead. "You didn't have anything handed to you and look how far you have come! It builds character to earn everything by yourself and you don't want Boo Boo to end like some entitlement spoiled rich kid that is doing drugs. We have to be careful as addiction is in your genes." 

Edited by ava111
Spelling
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, poopchute said:

I don't understand how Catelyn STILL hasn't figured out how to talk a walk around the block.  It's really not hard?

I wish she would get up and move around.  I think endorphins would do her a world of good.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Quita said:

That's putting it nicely. Maybe she'll grow into her looks, but neither of her parents are attractive, so. . .

I think it's because the kid has Catelynn`s face and Tyler's odd long neck. 

Edited by qtpi17
  • Love 6

Nova does unfortunately resemble a Dr. Seuss character.  Cate should run around the block a few times. Trust me, it will do wonders for her "mental illness". Tyler is getting so heavy !!

Does anyone know if Farrah' s 3 businesses are still open ? The yogurt place, which are a dime a dozen these days, opened in what, May 2016 ?

I don't think Maci' s tears and "selfish" comments are about Jen & Larry. I think they are about Taylor & his side.

I 100% agree with Gary's position on Amber's visitation. I would probably not hang out w Gary in real life but he has found a decent wife, and they have given Leah Leanne a clean and stable home life. Her routine should not be disrupted for her loser mom who stays up until sunrise.

McKenzie looks at least 35 years old. What about Ryan dreaming about Maci in her wedding gown ? And he and his parents all laughed that in the dream, he was not the groom. I'd be out the door if I were McKenzie...

• Love 11
15 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

True, except Farrah keeps pulling her parents back into her life when she needs them, and it seems she needs them all the time. If they were abusive as she claimed, major eye roll goes her way for having them around her child. I realize that many children who were abused tend to maintain relationships with abusive people when they are adults. My thing with Farrah is, she leaves her child in her parents' care for long periods of time. Farrah doesn't need them to be her child's caretaker. She can afford to leave Sophia with a nanny. It isn't as if she never had a caretaker for Sophia. Farrah rattles on about how much she doesn't need them around. Well then, stop asking them to care for your child and to be your own personal slaves. 

Yep, lots of people don't realize how Farrah ended up in Austin.  Michael moved there when he split from Debra.  Farrah was also in Council Bluffs at the time, but packed up a U-Haul and moved to Austin when she got pissed off at Debra.   Except for the time spent in Florida at school, Farrah's never NOT been within close proximity to one of her parents.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Yep, lots of people don't realize how Farrah ended up in Austin.  Michael moved there when he split from Debra.  Farrah was also in Council Bluffs at the time, but packed up a U-Haul and moved to Austin when she got pissed off at Debra.   Except for the time spent in Florida at school, Farrah's never NOT been within close proximity to one of her parents.

it takes no time at all for her to go from zero to sixty.  Most of the time, when people have difficult friends/relatives, they learn to avoid their triggers but with her, it's like what *isn't* a trigger?  I was thinking maybe they need to stay away from touchy-feely conversations, like congratulating her success, and only talk about the weather, but that probably wouldn't work either.

I thought Cate was cute in her 16 & Pregnant ep, she kind of had a delicate-petite thing happening.

Was quite happy to see Amber and Matt *inside* the house, but it looks like there's nothing on the walls & the furniture's kind of makeshift...I don't get it.  They spend so much time there, and they have money;  you'd think they'd want to make it comfortable.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I really REALLY cannot stand people who either force or guilt children into giving physical affection. Maybe it's because I was molested as a child, but it's always been paramount to me that my children have full body autonomy. I don't care who you are, my kids do not have to hug or kiss you if they don't want to. Not even me. Debra acts SO immature about Sophia, it's crazy. Pouting like a petulant brat because she wasn't in the mood for a hug. Give me a break. 

I am not a hugger or really affectionate at all. I am with certain people and cannot stand people to be in my personal space. So I cant stand it either. 

I am so jelly of your trip to Ireland. Have fun. But I am not jelly in a bad way in a good way. Once again have fun.

• Love 2

Time for this show to end. Nothing new to see here with these people. Farrah is still horrible and pathological, Amber is still a lard ass whiner, Catelynn and Tyler are slackers who don't work yet life is overwhelming for them and Maci still has issues with Bentley's baby daddy Ryan. Yawn.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, teapot said:

it takes no time at all for her to go from zero to sixty.  Most of the time, when people have difficult friends/relatives, they learn to avoid their triggers but with her, it's like what *isn't* a trigger?  I was thinking maybe they need to stay away from touchy-feely conversations, like congratulating her success, and only talk about the weather, but that probably wouldn't work either.

I thought Cate was cute in her 16 & Pregnant ep, she kind of had a delicate-petite thing happening.

Was quite happy to see Amber and Matt *inside* the house, but it looks like there's nothing on the walls & the furniture's kind of makeshift...I don't get it.  They spend so much time there, and they have money;  you'd think they'd want to make it comfortable.

I swear one time Deb mentioned the weather and Farrah blasted her. LOL  I think Farrah responded with "Yes, mom, the sun is out and shining, but who the fuck cares?" I kid you not, I remember something like that being said by Farrah. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Have fun and safe travels @ghoulina! Sounds like it will be an awesome trip! 

Who knows. Catelynn is so damn jealous and insecure. She probably follows him any time he leaves to be with friends just so he won't get the urge to go to the strip clubs or any place where females might be. 

This right here is the funniest thing you have ever posted.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

I agree with a lot of what you said, actually.   I think Gary is a great dad and I definitely think he's got Leah's best interests at heart.  I also think, however, that he does tend to enjoy his total control in the situation (which he should, of course, have) and a small part of him does enjoy toying with Amber. We've seen that over the years.  I'll agree to disagree about watching two kids being easier than one.  As a mother of two, I've found the exact opposite to be true, at least when one of them is a small child like little Emilee.  I understand that Christina is a SAHM but can someone tell me if Gary works?  I genuinely don't know.  I don't remember him mentioning a job.   If he stays home as well, there's no reason that Christina should be doing all the heavy lifting with the kids. 

My prior post wasn't meant to say that Gary doesn't have Leah's best interests at heart and/or isn't a good dad.  I don't believe that at all.  I'm just pointing out that he might be enjoying his "best Teen Mom Dad" title a little too much as he continues to dangle that Leah shaped carrot in front of Amber.  That doesn't mean I think Amber DESERVES to have Leah more right now, I just think his intentions might not be 100% pure.  Maybe like, 80%.  For now, he's got an excuse, as Amber isn't anywhere near ready to have Leah during the school week, but I hope, for Leah's sake, that might not always be the case and I hope when it IS no longer the case, that Gary can actually see that and cede a bit of control. 

As far as the job goes I know Gary is managing his investment properties- is he still working as a CNA?

I absolutely agree he likes sticking it to Amber, but that's a pretty human reaction. For years Amber abused him, teased him about his weight and played with his affections when he was seriously in love with her. (Never mind her parenting of Leah) Now he's on top with a steady source of income, a stable relationship with a woman who seems like a sweetheart and she is a hot ass mess with a criminal record. A few years from now he will probably be over it but yes I agree he enjoys it. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

As far as the job goes I know Gary is managing his investment properties- is he still working as a CNA?

I absolutely agree he likes sticking it to Amber, but that's a pretty human reaction. For years Amber abused him, teased him about his weight and played with his affections when he was seriously in love with her. (Never mind her parenting if Leah) Now he's on top with a steady source of income, a stable relationship with a woman who seems like a sweetheart and she is a hot ass mess with a criminal record. A few years from now he will probably be over it but yes I agree he enjoys it. 

and, if we're meant to believe Amber (I know) from the Being Amber special,  while she was "away at camp" (tm Teresa Guidice), Gary was telling her that they still had a chance once she got out, and then when she arrived home, she realized he'd moved on.  I love Gar-Bear but, if that's true, it was shady AF of him.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure Kristina said (of Amber), "What will have to change for Amber to be able to take Leah on the spurt of the moment to school or to get an extra night?"  Tee hee!

Can anyone get a screen grab of producer Kerthy's face during the Kristina-Gary conversation?  It could be the new "Sure Jan".

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, teapot said:

and, if we're meant to believe Amber (I know) from the Being Amber special,  while she was "away at camp" (tm Teresa Guidice), Gary was telling her that they still had a chance once she got out, and then when she arrived home, she realized he'd moved on.  I love Gar-Bear but, if that's true, it was shady AF of him.

To be fair, it was he said maybe a chance. Maybe is maybe, it is not a promise.  Amber was and still is the shady one. I remember how many times Amber did that shit to Gary when she brought a new guy around and flaunted it in Gary's face when they were supposed to be a couple or at least working on their relationship. She expected him to wait around while she got her kicks with other guys.  Gary also revealed in the Weekend at Cory's episode how Amber was always out clubbing instead of being home with him and Leah. MTV decided to not air any of those clubbing scenes. They continued to be kind to Amber and keep her dirty laundry away from the viewers. Yeah, Amber can suck it because there is nothing she can say or do at this point that will justify her constant victim-mode status. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Time for this show to end. Nothing new to see here with these people. Farrah is still horrible and pathological, Amber is still a lard ass whiner, Catelynn and Tyler are slackers who don't work yet life is overwhelming for them and Maci still has issues with Bentley's baby daddy Ryan. Yawn.

and we're going to watch these people (on a show called "Teen MOM") leave their kids behind and go on a tropical vacation like they're the Real Housewives of Fly-over-ville (no offense Midwesterners, I was just trying to be all-encompassing)...I thought Teen Moms were like Disney Princesses and they couldn't get involved in eachother's stories.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, teapot said:

and we're going to watch these people (on a show called "Teen MOM") leave their kids behind and go on a tropical vacation like they're the Real Housewives of Fly-over-ville (no offense Midwesterners, I was just trying to be all-encompassing)...I thought Teen Moms were like Disney Princesses and they couldn't get involved in eachother's stories.

Ugh, no kidding! When I saw the preview for that, I thought, wow they are really desperate for some usable footage because these goofs have nothing interesting going on! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

I swear one time Deb mentioned the weather and Farrah blasted her. LOL  I think Farrah responded with "Yes, mom, the sun is out and shining, but who the fuck cares?" I kid you not, I remember something like that being said by Farrah. 

She really is horrible.  I mean, Deb is no prize, but she really can't do or say anything right when it comes to Farrah.  I'm pretty sure I remember her in a past episode saying "I missed you" and Farrah somehow taking offense to THAT.  They are so toxic to one another, I don't know why they don't just cut ties.

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I absolutely agree he likes sticking it to Amber, but that's a pretty human reaction. For years Amber abused him, teased him about his weight and played with his affections when he was seriously in love with her. (Never mind her parenting if Leah) Now he's on top with a steady source of income, a stable relationship with a woman who seems like a sweetheart and she is a hot ass mess with a criminal record. A few years from now he will probably be over it but yes I agree he enjoys it. 

And I agree he's completely justified in sticking it to her.  Hell, I'd stick it to her if I could.  ;)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, teapot said:

Omg that was the first thing I thought when I saw the previews.  "What, are they real housewives now?  Come on, man.  Sad Panda is no Satan Andy..."

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Omg that was the first thing I thought when I saw the previews.  "What, are they real housewives now?  Come on, man.  Sad Panda is no Satan Andy..."

Yeah, these women are no longer teens. They are moms now. When was the last time one of them was an actual teen? It's been quite some time hasn't it? Which reminds me.. this whole og thing would have been clever for a one season special. I'm now sick of these girls again and I hate the breaking of production. It adds nothing to the show as of late. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, these women are no longer teens. They are moms now. When was the last time one of them was an actual teen? It's been quite some time hasn't it? Which reminds me.. this whole og thing would have been clever for a one season special. I'm now sick of these girls again and I hate the breaking of production. It adds nothing to the show as of late. 

Word.  It's kind of nauseating watching these producers kiss their asses all the time.

• Love 3

I think Cate has depression/anxiety but I also think she uses it to get back at Tyler for pressuring her to place Carly for adoption. I think she's going to spend many more years sucking the life out of him and needing him as a way to punish him for that. (I hope what I'm saying makes sense.)

• Love 15
10 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Cate has depression/anxiety but I also think she uses it to get back at Tyler for pressuring her to place Carly for adoption. I think she's going to spend many more years sucking the life out of him and needing him as a way to punish him for that. (I hope what I'm saying makes sense.)

Yes, you make total sense.   

• Love 3
On 4/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, SeenYouWitKieffah said:

Sophia is named after Sophia Loren, but Farrah altered the spelling to Laurent because it "looks more French." I'm 98% sure she said that on 16 and Pregnant

Ah, yes.  That's right.  Name your daughter after a beautiful Italian actress but make it look more French.  Très classe, Farrah.

• Love 12
On 4/19/2017 at 1:19 PM, teapot said:

Farrah doesn't know how to stay out of her own way. You are correct, Teapot, there isn't "a" trigger. Someone could tell her how awesome she looks and she would turn it around and make it an argument. 

On 4/19/2017 at 0:46 PM, ChicagoChris said:

Does anyone know if Farrah' s 3 businesses are still open ?

Yes, they are. I live in Austin and my friends and I joke about going by to see if she really is there working everyday but then the urge to tell her about herself is too strong and I don't look good in orange! LMAO

• Love 13
On 4/19/2017 at 1:46 PM, ChicagoChris said:

Does anyone know if Farrah' s 3 businesses are still open ? The yogurt place, which are a dime a dozen these days, opened in what, May 2016 ?

I don't know about the other businesses....but the froyo place is still open.  Some of the Yelp reviews are hilarious....the ones that trash the place and the ones clearly from fake accounts written by Farrah.  

https://www.yelp.com/biz/froco-lakeway

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

AThere is something in Farrah's brain that didn't "take."  She seemingly has no depth whatsoever and certainly lacks empathy for others.  It's all surface, no substance.

She was raised by an unstable, abusive narcissist. It's a miracle she has gone this far. 

While Farrah and Gary are most likely to be the only ones with lasting assets when this series is over - she is one of the most harmed by the series. If TM didn't continue beyond their 16&P specials, Farrah would have moved away and eventually came to manage an Applebees or a TGI Friday's.  I think she would be satisfied with her life. Away from her witch of a mother, she would have (eventually) learned to communicate and how to treat people.  This series forces her to keep Debra in her life, which is the worst thing for Farrah. 

• Love 7

Grammar LOL's: 

Leah asked Amber the name of her boutique, and both Amber and Matt called it "haute," with a hard h.  Anybody who knows even a little bit of French knows the h is silent.  They also said it means "high fashion" in French.  Again - wrong (that would be haute couture).  So basically, Amber named her store "Forever High."  Kinda fitting, come to think of it.

Did anyone see the after show?  Farrah filmed a segment separately because she refuses to be in the same room as the others, or maybe just Amber, and she sent out a tweet that said: "It's Hilarity how I single handily made more views & ratings than all three stooges..."    Hilarity?  With a capital H? (Again with the h's!).  Single handily?!!

• Love 15
10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Grammar LOL's: 

Leah asked Amber the name of her boutique, and both Amber and Matt called it "haute," with a hard h.  Anybody who knows even a little bit of French knows the h is silent.  They also said it means "high fashion" in French.  Again - wrong (that would be haute couture).  So basically, Amber named her store "Forever High."  Kinda fitting, come to think of it.

Did anyone see the after show?  Farrah filmed a segment separately because she refuses to be in the same room as the others, or maybe just Amber, and she sent out a tweet that said: "It's Hilarity how I single handily made more views & ratings than all three stooges..."    Hilarity?  With a capital H? (Again with the h's!).  Single handily?!!

I haven't seen the after show, but they DID film a separate show for Farrah? That's too funny if Farrah brought in more ratings by herself than her three nemesis. I don't like Farrah but I can't stand the way those three gang up on her so this would be sweet revenge for Farrah, especially since Amber said she herself is the reason the show got cancelled and brought back due to her time in prison when in fact it IS Farrah that revived the show and kept it affloat. Again, I hate Farrah but not as much as the other three. 

Also, I don't get why a lot of you say "Catelynn is trying to get in with the cool kids" being Maci. I don't see why everyone thinks Maci is the cool one or would be the popular one in school. Enlighten me? Because when I watched her 16&pregnant episode she seems like the emo type with the piercings and whatnot. I have no idea lol. I just don't see her as the "everyone wants to be friends with" type. I can't stand how slow she talks. ?