Type keyword(s) to search

Why is Norman's alternate ''Mother'' and other questions?

6 minutes ago, rollice said:

Thank you.  

As to Caleb, there was a moment where he "saw" her and heard her voice but then realized it was Norman dressed in Norma's clothes.  He might have been seeing things from lack of food lol.  I don't know if he was being fed enough.   There was another moment where he hallucinated her or "saw" her when "they" were talking about their past, and then he started crying.   I think he chose to enjoy some fantasy that Norma was there before he knew or thought he was going to die.

I don't think we can take all sightings of or conversations with Norma literally. The show has to figure out a way for the audience to see and hear Norma posthumously so they show her physically and have us hear her talk as if she was still alive. The main thing is to take each appearance of Norma in context with the scene to determine what's going on.

• Love 2

Thanks, Complexity.

I've had questions about psychology and whatnot throughout the series that the marathon is reminding me of.  Sorry :O   I'm watching only parts of it. 

On 4/20/2017 at 4:08 PM, Stringey said:

If this were a different tv show and did not follow this storyline I believe the alter ego of the person with this disorder might be very well appear as a twin of that person. Norman sees and we the audience see the alter ego in the show as resembling Norma and having some of Normas mannerisms. Mother is in reality just the darker side of Norman that he has kept repressed so well it rarely comes out when he is himself. Was Norman himself when he attacked Dylan or was that a black out? We know he blacked out when he killed his dad.

I've never worked with someone with this disorder so I defer to anyone who has, but my understand from what I've read is that people who have it sometimes do talk about seeing another person with them that they later realize is their alter.

19 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Good catch!

I just saw the episode today, (watching the marathon), and was wondering, if you have the time; Is it common for people with DID for the different personalities to talk to each other? And maybe even not like each other? I was thinking about the episode where "Norma" asks Norman, "Do you even like me anymore?"

I read Sybil, but that was years ago! I seem to remember that the personalities didn't know each other, but I could be wrong, it was so long ago.

The personalities all knew each other.  Some were friends; some were not.  But they were all aware there they were there sharing a body.  The only one unaware of them was Sybil, herself.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Welcome! There's a little quotation mark shaped thingy in the lower left hand corner of all the posts, just click it and you will see the quote in your own posting box. If you only want to quote a portion of a post, just copy and paste what you want to quote. And I think that's the most times I've ever used the "q" on my keyboard in one sentence.

Your ''q" thanks you.  I always feel sorry for poor q and x.  They don't get their fair share of words, do they?

• Love 2