Type keyword(s) to search

Clawing Your Way Up In the Media

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, VelvetDreaming said:

I wonder if it has to do with the HBO stuff. I feel like TBS and TNT are doing a lot of shuffling.

What HBO stuff?

I'm so glad the writers know this is the last season so they can wrap things up. The last few shows I've invested in ended up being cancelled with bonafide cliffhangers which is the worst.

• Love 2
On 10/3/2019 at 11:26 AM, GodsBeloved said:

What HBO stuff?

I'm so glad the writers know this is the last season so they can wrap things up. The last few shows I've invested in ended up being cancelled with bonafide cliffhangers which is the worst.

Apparently with Warner Media buying Turner Media, there's going to be more focus on HBO and their streaming service and TNT/TBS/Tru TV are speculated to be less of a priority and that includes less original programming. TBS cancelled The Detour recently and has put Search Party, which usually premieres around November, on limbo (the season stopped filming in December 2018 I believe, but it's almost been 2 years since the last season). With Claws wrapping up, I can see the corporate drama turning out to be a reason for all of this shuffling.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I totally missed this, but back in 2017, R&B legend Mary J. Blige teamed up with the cast of TNT’s new dramedy Claws for a music video that celebrates the resilience of women. The music video was for the title track of Mary J. Blige's 13th studio album, Strength of a Woman. The video showcases the strong, proud women of Claws as they navigate their daily lives in a Florida nail salon. The theme of female empowerment is one that threads in both the story of Claws and Mary J. Blige's new album "Strength of a Woman".