Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Step and Release

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, zenme said:

I think you're right, Nancypants. All this talk of "blueblood" this and that, but meanwhile their behavior bespeaks of the uncouth. Sure, they've got nice clothes and gorgeous homes (TRav), but they display trashy behavior. Blueblood and so-called fine lineage means nothing. As you say, there are finer people in the world coming from less posh and glamorous zip codes. They've got "blue blood" but no integrity.

Yikes, the blue bloods. The thing that put me off about TRav initially was when he talked with such pride about Kathryn's great family, and how marvelous it was that she was descended from John C. Calhoun.  If one of my relatives advocated for enslaving human beings he'd be a massive skeleton in my closet, not a source of pride.  

I have forever side eyed him for that.

(Or am I mixing up the Calhouns?)

Edited by Jel
  • Love 7
On 4/19/2017 at 1:29 AM, BloggerAloud said:

Cameron feels like a younger version of Reese Witherspoon's character on Big Little Lies.

This is perfect.

Craig may be dumb and lazy, but I'd still rather hang out with him than Shep, Landon, Whitney, TRav, Kathryn, or Cameron. Sue me, I find him adorable! Plus he comes with Naomie and Gizmo. 

There is nothing likable about Shep anymore and honestly I'm not sure there ever was. I need him to be demoted like Whitney was. Whitney is actually somewhat entertaining in his short, random appearances, so maybe if they get Shep that kind of contract he won't be as heinous.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I care but I'm not invested in any of them. I like Patricia for her over the top southern 'grand dam' ways, I like Cameran for her style and cuteness, I get amazed at Landon just.having.no.clue (must have been so enabled as a child), I like Whitney for his snarkiness (when he's not trying to be all that and more), I am interested in the TRav and Kathryn storyline but mostly it makes me sad for the children, Craig and Naomi seem sweet enough but the coming attractions seem to allude to trouble in paradise, and finally Shep is just a hot mess. 

• Love 6
On 4/18/2017 at 9:57 AM, Major Bigtime said:

A good friend of mine was with the Ford Modeling Agency in NYC back in the 80s. She showed up for her interview wearing no makeup, jeans and a t-shirt. They hired her on the spot. She told me they want to see how your look naturally, then go from there. But Kathryn went beyond that, disheveled is not a winning look.

I assume your friend had eyebrows, a normal hairline, and less damaged skin? 

• Love 3

I don't know if anyone else remembers this but in the first season there was a scene with Thomas and his father.  They were at lunch somewhere and Thomas was saying that he would like to have a son to carry on the family name. 

Along comes Kathryn, I think she was hoping for at the very least child support. I don't think she has an education other than high school. I feel like if she got her act together she could have a reality career. A lot of people feel like she makes the show. Anyway I guess my point is that they were both looking for something. Thomas got his son. I hope Kathryn grows up and realizes that she is more than a baby mama to Thomas Ravenel. He's a loser sadly. Even Danni had the good sense to stay away.

• Love 5
On 4/21/2017 at 7:58 AM, Natalie68 said:

Landon walks like her body is a weed.  All schlumpy like she has no bones.

I cannot abide the dolphin. BUT I'm wondering if she actually has more going on than just needing speech therapy. I'm wondering if she has a learning problem and maybe she is a little slow. I don't think her frequent 'dazed and confused' looks are just an affectation any more. I'm wondering if I should extend her more sympathy as a result. It's hard, but it might be true. And this would probably suit TRav to a tee. He needs to marry a woman with no spine, no brain and squinty eyes that can look the other way as he boffs any 'fresh meat' a la Daisy, that comes the way of his opportunistic ass. One thing TRav doesn't want in a wife is someone he could consider an 'equal'. That won't play. He's going to become an even more decrepit sleaze as the years pass. It won't be long before this ceases to be in any way 'cute': an affectation of his idea of a Southern Gentleman. And his future wife will have to be down with his lifelong commitment to humiliating, punishing and controlling the mother of his children. A lot of people are saying that he'd better beware because one day, Kensie and Saint will be old enough to make up their own minds about his treatment of their mother. That they will see what he's done and sympathise with her. I say, not necessarilly. I've experienced first hand what a powerful spouse with a supportive family can do, especially when he controls the money. TRav is the kind of man who will take it very personally if his loinfruit 'betray' him by wanting to spend time with their birth mother. He will lash out and punish them one way or another. It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that TRav cut them off either. Kathryn could be waiting decades before she gets anything other than the villian edit from her family and from Thomas and her own kids. That's a lot and a long way off. She's going to need to get it together on her own terms for herself and with no expectation that she will EVER get anything out of him. I still believe that he has pulled any strings he has attached to old mates in the judicial community. I don't think there are many man in his state who would want to cross him. Some, maybe, but they probably all move in similar circles. It really sucks to be Kathryn right now. TRav has an ugly, mean and vicious streak in him, a big one.

Speech impediment or no, the Dolphin's 3 syllable plus pronunciation of 'you' ie. Yhew-hoo-hoo-ew is brown noise to me. Can't abide it.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I care about two innocent children who have been thrust onto this show when their mother insisted they be shown from birth onward. And I care about a young woman with an addiction who may die if she doesn't get the help she needs.

I absolutely agree. There have been far too many casualties of reality television, and by this stage of the genre, producers should be aware that the kind of personality attracted to putting their lives on tv can also be extremely vulnerable to the consequences of other addictive behaviours. Kathryn is going to be in jail or dead soon. It's getting to a point where if she wont seek treatment, or do the latest drug test she is expected to do (actually do it, she has been refusing) then she is going to need to hit rock bottom in prison. I really hope she pulls it together. She has a tough road ahead and getting off this show is the fist and best next step for her to regain the moral high ground and seriously address her issues. That would leave TRav famewhoring it up still. 

But it's easy for an observer like  me to say what is best for Kathryn. Or anyone. We're invited to do so when these people appear on reality tv. I don't want to observe Kathryn's decline anymore, I'd rather she did whatever she needed to do to get healthy and back in control. I"d like to read about an older wiser and successful Kathryn at some stage in the future.

• Love 6
On 4/21/2017 at 6:38 AM, Suck It Trebek said:
On 4/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, Major Bigtime said:

I'd say it's a mixture of immaturity and not caring for things yet. A lot of teens do the same thing; she seems to have stopped maturing some time in high school.

They have found that when people in their adolescence begin doing drugs their maturation stops and they remain at that learning curve until they straighten out and they usually need to get therapy to grow up and become responsible. I'm sure another poster with a psych degree can state this better than I can.  One also has to wonder why people (Kathryn) chose to do drugs. Some ppl out of boredom, some ppl because of peer pressure and others to escape something. I wonder why she began. To be seen as cool? The consequences for her behavior are harsh, but she's only reaping what she sowed. My self jury thoughts on TRav as a father are still deliberating. 

• Love 2

While there is much I could say about my disdain for Kathryn and Thomas, right now, I'm distracted by the over the top enthusiasm shown by Camerom over Shep.  It's just so odd.  Most friends, would WARN another girlfriend about Shep, NOT set them up and encourage it.  Did you catch what Shep said to his buddies over dinner?  He said that he once went up to a young woman and introduced himself, not realizing that he had sex with her the night before.  So, either that really happened and he's suffering from blackouts or he is just a plan out sorry son of a..... IF it really happened.  IF IT DIDN'T happen and he made it up, then that's almost as bad, because that mentality reflects a brain that is demented, imo.   TO ME, sending a friend into a relationship with a guy like that is risky in many ways, regarding health and safety.  

• Love 6

Cameran has never seemed so sleazy to me as she did when she was babbling about her plan to "make them soul mates". First, why would she think she can make Shep and Chelsea soul mates? And the big one, if she's Chelsea's friend, why would she encourage her to want a guy who basically uses and dumps several women a week, and has done so for years, if we believe the rumors that he so happily promotes about himself? He has money, he seems intelligent, Cameran may see his "good heart", but his respect for young women is below zero, unless of course they ignore and even berate him, as he himself has said. He makes it look as if he's afraid of truly connecting with a woman, while in the same episode talks about how one must show vulnerability so others can know who you really are. 

Ugh, it's all for the show, and it's not looking pretty this season. All the men come out looking so bad, and IMO, Craig is the least reprehensible of these Peter Pans. At least he's trying to make a relationship work and is not currently risking spreading STDs all over the Holy City.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 8

You coined it right....the Peter Pan Syndrome......I recall reading about it years ago.  I wonder what we will see from Whitney this season, since he and his girlfriend broke up.  I was a little surprised to hear from the new guy that he was OPEN to a relationship.  He was putting Shep down as being too focused on one night stands.  HOWEVER, it seems that when they did his intro this season, this guy BROKE UP with his girlfriend to be a ladies' man on this show.  So, I think he's a little mixed up. 

I'm trying to figure out what might attract someone to Landon.  I just can't. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I think over the series T-Rav has summed up Landon: she's pretty and perky, non-demanding, not overly intellectual, and has certain skills a man usually appreciates. I still think she should slap him for the repeated references to her "oral skills" -- he's done it 3 times now on camera. She must really want that Ravenel money and/or the Bravo paycheck. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I think over the series T-Rav has summed up Landon: she's pretty and perky, non-demanding, not overly intellectual, and has certain skills a man usually appreciates. I still think she should slap him for the repeated references to her "oral skills" -- he's done it 3 times now on camera. She must really want that Ravenel money and/or the Bravo paycheck. 

Yeah, I've heard him say that, but, honestly......I just don't see it.  She doesn't seem that inclined to do that much work. She doesn't seem to like "jobs" of any kind. Pardon the pun. lol 

• Love 10

I don't know though. She might figure it's easier to put in a little work now, get the ring, and then she's home free. 

She also seems like one to put up with dalliances if she can keep the AmEx.

• Love 3

I don't think Camran is actually trying to set up Chelsea and Shep at all. She knows he is a dog. I think she does sincerely hope that he finds "the one" who settles him down but I think she also knows that is not Chelsea. This is just a plot point for the show and the three of them are just playing along. 

Edited by TeeMo
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, queenjen said:

I cannot abide the dolphin. BUT I'm wondering if she actually has more going on than just needing speech therapy. I'm wondering if she has a learning problem and maybe she is a little slow. I don't think her frequent 'dazed and confused' looks are just an affectation any more. I'm wondering if I should extend her more sympathy as a result. It's hard, but it might be true. And this would probably suit TRav to a tee. He needs to marry a woman with no spine, no brain and squinty eyes that can look the other way as he boffs any 'fresh meat' a la Daisy, that comes the way of his opportunistic ass. One thing TRav doesn't want in a wife is someone he could consider an 'equal'. That won't play. He's going to become an even more decrepit sleaze as the years pass. It won't be long before this ceases to be in any way 'cute': an affectation of his idea of a Southern Gentleman. And his future wife will have to be down with his lifelong commitment to humiliating, punishing and controlling the mother of his children. A lot of people are saying that he'd better beware because one day, Kensie and Saint will be old enough to make up their own minds about his treatment of their mother. That they will see what he's done and sympathise with her. I say, not necessarilly. I've experienced first hand what a powerful spouse with a supportive family can do, especially when he controls the money. TRav is the kind of man who will take it very personally if his loinfruit 'betray' him by wanting to spend time with their birth mother. He will lash out and punish them one way or another. It wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that TRav cut them off either. Kathryn could be waiting decades before she gets anything other than the villian edit from her family and from Thomas and her own kids. That's a lot and a long way off. She's going to need to get it together on her own terms for herself and with no expectation that she will EVER get anything out of him. I still believe that he has pulled any strings he has attached to old mates in the judicial community. I don't think there are many man in his state who would want to cross him. Some, maybe, but they probably all move in similar circles. It really sucks to be Kathryn right now. TRav has an ugly, mean and vicious streak in him, a big one.

Speech impediment orno, the Dolphin's 3 syllable plus pronunciation of 'you' ie. Yhew-hoo-hoo-ew is brown noise to me. Can't abide it.

I could not agree more . This Jackass is a Monster.

• Love 2

I don't think you have to pull strings with the court to get young children out of the care of a using drug addict who either fails or refuses to take drug tests as ordered by the court.  That outcome would be expected with any Family Court judge, in most any state.   You can't just ignore your lawyer's advice and the judge's order and everything go along hunky-dory.  Kathryn admits that she screwed up.  So, I don't see how that's Thomas's fault.  My fault with him, is believing that she was competent to care for young children from the beginning.  He had to have known her struggles.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I've heard him say that, but, honestly......I just don't see it.  She doesn't seem that inclined to do that much work. She doesn't seem to like "jobs" of any kind. Pardon the pun. lol 

That's also my impression of Landon. I really don't like agreeing with Shep, but he got her right when he said she wants the glamour of being an entrepreneur but she doesn't want to put in the hard work. Even the re-launched website Trovare is still bare bones at this point. There's no new stuff in there. And they filmed this season 5 or 6 months ago, so if she was really serious about this thing, it would be an actual operating website by now. But the only thing she's done is purchase the domain name, put on 3 articles in there, and moved the California. 

20 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I don't think Camran is actually trying to set up Chelsea and Shep at all. She knows he is a dog. I think she does sincerely hope that he finds "the one" who settles him down but I think she also knows that is not Chelsea. This is just a plot point for the show and the three of them are just playing along. 

I agree with this. The three of them have known each other for a long time,  so whatever would have happened would have already happened a long time ago. I think this plot point is just their way to introduce new cast members - Austen and Chelsea. I really think they intended for Chelsea to be a main cast member to replace Kathryn when they started filming without her - she didn't sign the contract for the new season until mid-filming. And of course, who can resist the drama that Kathryn brings? If you look at Chelsea's instagram, she's almost in a lot of the main events that will be happening this season. 

But this is a good way to introduce her without putting pressure as a main cast member, see if she will be well-liked, etc.. And with all of Kathryn's shenanigans that are currently happening, IF there will be a season 5, then production can finally be done with her and already have someone take her place. 

• Love 3
On 4/20/2017 at 9:31 AM, MrSmith said:

@zoeysmom Well, the Yot.me guys claim that Landon said she doesn't hang out with millionaires, only billionaires. This seems to me to be out of character for her based on what we've seen on the show. They also said she'd criticized their logo and claimed it looked too much like a dating app. On this point, her criticism is completely on point; it does look like a dating app/site. I think they just got pissed at her for her criticism and made up the story about her saying she hangs out only with billionaires to get even with her. Shep is an investor, as far as I understood from their exchange in the episode. Still, the fact that Shep actually believes she would say that indicates to me that he doesn't know her very well.

On 4/20/2017 at 8:43 PM, HunterHunted said:

I just don't buy that she said this. Landon has done a crap job at hiding her other annoying personality traits, but she's some how managed to hide this level of delusional snobbery. Don't buy it. It really does sound like they were butthurt and lied to protect their egos.

I'm not a Landon fan but I can't even picture her saying it seriously.  Jokingly? Absolutely.  But like laughing as she's saying it.  So I think something is a little fishy in the game of telephone.  I can't remember, she did deny saying it to Shep or not?

• Love 1

Thomas Ravenel confines his little ones to the" guest house" where the main parenting is done by the nanny. His federal conviction was drug-related and he parades around as a misogynist drunk slobbering all over women half his age. So how is it that the hapless Kathryn is the only one cut off from the children? Yes, she's proved a smarmy, entitled phony shrill most of the time but when it comes to her and her baby daddy, like attracts like?  Maybe both of those children would benefit from placement with loving, or at least reasonably relatives elsewhere?  Thomas is hoping for "an older" woman to marry and become the children's step mom? And someone like Landon fits the bill? Terrifying!!!! Shep's bit is getting really, really old.We get it. You're a rich-boy  good-for-nothing womanizer who feels empowered to criticize the dumbo's  who actually have to try to figure out how to earn a living. As for poor Craig....man--- go ahead and be a gardener...or a carpenter! What the heck? Why not? Don't see your lawyer chops showing up any time soon.But don't blow it with Naomi.  When she gets her MBA at least there will be one wage-earner.  I do hope Chelsea sails off into the sunset with Austen. Quickly.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Lindy Dear said:

I do hope Chelsea sails off into the sunset with Austen. Quickly.

I wonder if Chelsea is having buyer's remorse in joining the show this season. For someone who is featured heavily but is not a main cast member, she hasn't said a peep in social media about the show at all since it premiered.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lindy Dear said:

So how is it that the hapless Kathryn is the only one cut off from the children?

Failed drug tests, film footage of her high, refusal to take some drug tests, footage of her drinking while pregnant, and worse. She's due for a hair follicle test soon, the one she managed to pass was just a regular urine test. Hair follicle tests show up to 6 months of drug useage. Said to be living with a boyfriend, not at home with her parents as she's supposed to. Check out some of the links in the media thread.

In short, she's not behaving in a manner that the judge feels would be good for the children. Thomas' past is what it is, but he passed all drug tests since the children were born. Kathryn has admitted herself, on film, that she's fucked up royally.

1 hour ago, Lindy Dear said:

As for poor Craig....man--- go ahead and be a gardener...or a carpenter

I think he should be a cat handler. :D

• Love 5

I've not watched this in a long time.  They're all pretty awful people.  Naomi seems to be not so bad and had every right to be pissed at Craig.  You have a big event going on and then just say oh I can get all the stuff done that day?  No, no, no.  Craig may have had the idea to be an attorney, but the reality is he doesn't like it.  So what?  Find something else you love doing.  Don't settle or do something just because it's prestigious.

Dolphin is horrible.  From some online snooping, her sisters have real jobs.  Her website is nothing special.  Guessing she's living off of alimony now.  She so wants Thomas, not sure why.  He's a loser; he's an old frat boy who never grew up.  Shep, this is you in about 10 years; you're no longer that cute or hot.  Why anyone would be with either "man" is beyond me.  Whitney is still gross, even in small doses.  He's trying to be one of the guys, a regular 'bro'.  It's just not in him.

That Thomas couldn't be bothered to say goodbye to his kids showed me he's just a sperm donor.  Hopefully, Kathryn gets her shit together.  She did look much better.  The nanny is raising those kids right now.  And oh he's got such a prestigious name.  Maybe in SC or Charleston.  Big douchebag fish in a small, pond.  He's so into preserving the family name or whatever shit he spews.  Yeah, you sure honored it with your conviction, plus all  your whoring around.

Cameran with her making Chelsea and Shep soul mates.  Barf.  I hope that is just scripted.

And Cameran and Shep making fun of Craig.  What they don't get is it makes them look like idiots.

All they do is go out, party, wake up saying how tired/hungover they are.  Oh and what did Chelsea and Austen do?  Everyone must gossip about it and ask personal questions.  Whatever will poor Shep do?  If Shep is even interested in Chelsea, it's because she isn't really interested in him.  If she dropped her drawers for him on a Monday,  he'd be over her by Tuesday morning.  Oh and did Shep make Dolphin cry?   (His one good deed). 

• Love 3
On April 23, 2017 at 2:50 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

But Landon does fill up a mean wine bucket .. With ice no less.