Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Step and Release

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, larapu2000 said:

Meh, I'll give everyone on this show a pass about not seeming to have any real friends.  

Well, maybe Mullet will offer something new?  We can only hope.  Cuz the rest of the cast, with all this stale scripted shit, is pretty fucking worn out by now.  Is Mullet a "friend" of Shep's or was he cast like the rest of 'em?  From the posts above, he looks like a reality show regular.  Did producers plop a mullet wig on him & hand him a stupid outfit just to give us something to talk about?  Hoo boy, they're getting desperate to keep this show going, eh?

• Love 4
22 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Kathryn - poor, poor girl - wake up and get a clue - you have had two kids, your body is not the lean, teen shape it was 10 years ago.  Plus, your face is not the same.  Kathryn is a perfect example of how makeup can change someone's looks.  She really is very, very plain without it.  And, no way would Thomas allow their children to do any modeling, especially with Kathryn.

I think the only place Kathryn will be modelling soon is from the county lockup. She's refusing drug tests and was physically removed from a church a couple of days ago (where Saint was being baptised), according to a couple of internet sites today. She was allegedly barefoot and screaming that the new nanny was, wait for it, banging Thomas (or her daughter was, that's still unclear to me, but it's Kathryn's usual accusation) and one of the TRav appointed godparents was a coke dealer. At this point in filming, I don't think she was even around, I think they are splicing in scenes Kathryn has shot by herself. Despite Thomas making excuses to stay away from the Haiti charity because Kathryn was coming, I don't believe she was ever a chance for showing up. Back to the modelling, what a lacklustre effort from Kathryn. The poor agent! You could see her sizing Kathryn up as she ushered her down the hall and Kathryn was walking ahead of her in her saggy looking tights, unmade up face and hair. Later, she tells Kathryn kindly to basically show up the way you want others to see you. It was sad and certainly this was not Kathryn making the kind of effort she is capable of making: I'm thinking of her with beautiful winged eye makeup and 60s style hair, wearing a fur coat etc. Kathryn knows how to make an impression when she wants to. Evidently, this modelling scene was the best she could half heartedly come up with. The tragic thing is, Kathryn has the kind of coloring that is so easy to work with, so amenable to a variety of looks and she still looks young. But honestly, Kathryn is well aware that no one is going to book her for a shoot with her kids for any kind of 'family' related assignment with her drug and alcohol issues on blast for the last couple of years. I still feel for Kathryn, but she is circling the drain.

• Love 11

Coke sharer is I think how he likes to represent himself and his jail term and loss of State Treasurer position!

Where was Eliza this episode? She'd be a far better candidate to oversee Thomas' polo event than the Dolphin. I'm actually wondering if the Dolphin is a little slow. Her and Craig together throwing themselves a pity party over Shep's criticism and a big plate of mixed meats was priceless. And her whining about not needing 'tough love. Just love'? Get. A. Real. Job. I've also noticed that she likes to surround herself with girls who have issues with the eyebrow pencil: her sister 'Bam' and the poor sap who actually does the work in any venture that Landon is supposed to be responsible for (Roam was offline last time I looked and it's never been available as anything other than a webpage with a title and a 'coming soon, email us' message, and I've been checking those damn receipts since Landon first mooted this venture!). I can't abide this snowflake. Or the SL that TRav is considering her as step parenting material for his loinfruit. Maybe he could send her to the Montessori School along with his kids. 

• Love 3

One website on Kathryn's Easter weekend. 

https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/04/18/southern-charm-drama-flares-up-off-screen/#

I got a cold chill during this episode when Thomas told the Dolphin that he no longer cares or has to worry about how Kathryn will react to who he sees/sleeps with because the Courts are handling it. Like this is a good thing. He was practically reveling in this. I accept that Kathryn's dreadful issues have been a burden for TRav, but he was taking way too much joy in her having no control and no say. I sympathise with how she and her family must have felt as observers and not participants to their son/grandson's christening at the same venue Kensie was christened in. Although, IIRC, Kathryn flipped out at one of Kensie's christening events, and then she insisted on a second one? And we're only just seeing reports on what happened this weekend, so it's impossible to know whether Kathryn's parents were included or not in this event. The whole thing is such a mess and such a tragedy. I'm fully expecting to see Kathryn in jail in the next couple of weeks. If I was her, I'd be entering a respectable long term rehab facility real quick rather than go through withdrawal on a jailhouse floor. I've seen 60 Days In, I wouldn't want to be sick in one of these facilities!

• Love 13
12 hours ago, sadie said:

What Naomi is doing with Craig (beyond his looks) is baffling! She is stunning, ambitious, intelligent and speaks fluent French! Gah!!!  Surely this tv persona her and Craig are showing us is manufactured because their pairing simply makes no sense. Run Naomi, run! 

Shep is simply gross at this point. What little looks he had are being eaten by booze. His personality makes me heave! Trav is equally gross only 20 years older. Grow up dude.  Landon needs someone to teach her how to speak and discontinue that horrendous laugh, ugh.

Whitneys comment about the only thing his mother and Craig had in common was breathing air made me laugh out loud and I'm stealing that line for my own use!!! 

I love Cameron's style. Girl always looks amazing! That said, the way she coddles Trav and Shep is puzzling. When her and Whit were on the phone with Shep and she told him"I'm proud of you." Wtf? Proud of what exactly? That he has a trust fund? Cuz talking skeezily behind her friends back about hooking up with her is the opposite of proud behavior? 

Kathryn makes me sad. She is stunning and photographs like a dream, she has access to society and could probably have had an amazing life but is just throwing g it away. Sad.

I love this show!

This is all so on point, haha. 

I seriously have a girl crush on Naomi. This girl is so put together. I can't believe she's on a reality show...and that she's dating Craig. I know many Craig's who don't 'worry' about things because everything will fall into place...not realizing that people are walking behind them picking up their slack. In the end, you get the job done but it's done at the expense of these people thinking that their 'it'll all work out' mentality works when it really doesn't. Things just don't work out if you don't put the effort in. 

Cameron...she's gorgeous with great style and she's got a really laid back personality. Knowing that she eats like shit and up until now hasn't even really bothered to work out while having that awesome body....ugh Cameron, nobody needs to know that you're flawless without even trying, lol.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

A good friend of mine was with the Ford Modeling Agency in NYC back in the 80s. She showed up for her interview wearing no makeup, jeans and a t-shirt. They hired her on the spot. She told me they want to see how your look naturally, then go from there. But Kathryn went beyond that, disheveled is not a winning look.

Yes, agencies ask you to come in for appointments with no makeup on so they can see your features, not how you hide or enhance them. 

• Love 2
On Monday, April 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I'll never stop loving me some regular glimpses of Patricia in her natural habitat.

I especially loved her "opening mail" gloves from the previous episode.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Cam I love you and your style and I want to look like you in my next life, however the phrase is upward trajectory. 

Ha! I caught that, too. Did she say projectory? Dummy. The look on Whitney's face was priceless. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She does, which is what she said, the way she handled the exercises it's clear she works out she also posts a lot about it on instagram. Chelsea was talking about in he past when they lived together ie several years ago that she didn't work out.

Was Mullet duse his friend from Ashville? I seem to recall another folically challenged dude  that they hung out with on the way to the cabin.

You are kidding, right? Folically challenged? You mean folically gifted! As we were also gifted to see that glorious mullet interacting with mullet less bar patrons.  The cherry on top was that shirt. Omg,   he was the highlight for me :) 

• Love 7

The trio of oversexed male barflies has grown tiresome.  Shep looked seriously put out when he was denied his make-out session, which surprised me. I thought he had no problem scoring chicks. Maybe it's all a lie.

What Naomi is doing with Craig (beyond his looks) is baffling! She is stunning, ambitious, intelligent and speaks fluent French! Gah!!!  Surely this tv persona her and Craig are showing us is manufactured because their pairing simply makes no sense. Run Naomi, run! 

I'm left wondering if she is with him purely because he is good to her. If that's so, then I guess I'll leave her to it, for however long that is enough for her.

Cameran's outfit at the charity thingee was stunning. Landon's was atrocious. 

• Love 9

Ok. Landon.

Still. cannot. stand.

That voice. Ugh. It's at its worst when she is projecting excitement or speaking across the room. There is something so odd about it. Like she cant modulate or cant control it. 

Plus, she really thinks she is an upper class snot. And I think she really said those things to the yacht website investors in last weeks episode.  "I dont care about money.....I dont hang out with  millionaires. I hang out with billionaires."

And she dresses like shit. In all of her seasons/ onscreen appearances/ reunions. No taste for shit. Always sloppy looking. Just a wannabe drifter.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 8

That girl Daisie was nothing special. Why were Shep AND TRav all over her? And why was Shep so upset to be rejected by her? She seemed like someone just trying to get on TV. 

I have said since Season One that Kathryn has serious mental issues and now they are really in the spotlight. Sad to see how far she is spiraling. Those poor kids having no mother. 

I have been re-watching Season One. Wow, tons of foreshadowing. Thomas was already questioning her integrity and character, as were others. They all knew she was "off" but Thomas couldn't resist her "physicality". Sad. 

Her parents didn't mind her-at age 21!!-moving in with a 50 year old man after a week or two??! Before that she was staying at Whitney's with a bag of clothes in tow. The whole story of Kathryn Dennis is truly....YIKES. 

I love mullet guy. And he's hot! 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

Meh, I'll give everyone on this show a pass about not seeming to have any real friends.  Their real friends have to agree to appear on camera, and if Shep, et al, are running with the wealthier, higher class set in Charleston, the volunteers are probably few and far between.  Shep said he was going to a friend's wedding in Rhode Island, yet we've never seen that friend, so.  

Shep is clearly an intelligent, articulate man, and you're right that the show portrays him as a layabout playboy when viewer don't see his real interactions with friends, family, coworkers, colleagues, etc.  Which is true for all reality shows, but unlike the Housewives, who essentially sign up their entire family for the camera, the cast of Southern Charm is under no obligation to share intimate family moments or drama.  Which is kind of nice in some ways, but makes the cast, primarily Shep, lack a little more depth than we could be giving them credit for.

My theory is the producers of this show have tagged a different but very specific shtick for each one of the cast -- and they won't let anyone deviate or stray too far from each one's assigned personality/character.

Look, I can't stand Horseteeth's persona on this show, but I have an open mind if he actually is someone completely different.  I do strongly suspect there's much more to his life than producers wanna show.  We see him speaking rather sensibly about investing in companies.  Sounds real, not like Snowflake's rambling babble.  But nothing has been shown on him doing this because it conflicts with what producers wanna throw at us about him.

Kathryn's reality sounds really, really ugly.  Too ugly for me to wanna know the specifics.  I couldn't read much of the links posted earlier on what has actually happened in her life.  I hope they don't share much of it.  Hoo boy, she is truly a mess.  Not surprised.  When a mother loses custody it's almost always because she's quite badly off.  She should not be doing this show.  I get she needs the money but still -- ugh.  Producers are exploiting her problems & her need for cash in a pretty hideous way.  Blech.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Sage47 said:

Before that she was staying at Whitney's with a bag of clothes in tow. The whole story of Kathryn Dennis is truly....YIKES. 

Omg, did you see the MOUNTAIN of clothes in the background of the season 1 finale breakup scene??

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Omg, did you see the MOUNTAIN of clothes in the background of the season 1 finale breakup scene??

Yes, I don't know why she likes picking and choosing her clothes from piles on the floor. I guess she picked her clothes for her modeling interview from pile #4.

• Love 4

Wow Naomie. You have a great head on your shoulders and are gorgeous to boot. What in the world is the draw of Craig?? I know he attended law school but somehow he still comes off as dumb as a box of rocks. He always looks greasy and hungover too. And he is getting mean towards her. 

Craig just comes off as such a poseur and user. 

Again, see season one. Where Craig talks about being very ambitious and wanting to be the best lawyer he can. And how that means getting to the office for work by 8 every day. 

Funny stuff. 

I can see Chelsea and Austen together. They look right somehow. 

Sheppie is still cute (to me). If Cameran doesn't want children why really does Shep have to want marriage? If he ever settles down it will be with an MJ (season one). A girl who is cold to him and he can't really "get". 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

And I think she really said those things to the yacht website investors in last weeks episode.  

They're not investing in a yacht website. They're investing in www.yot.me. And in Landon's defense, that website does look like it's for a dating app. It's supposedly a new social network, but then so is Tinder - and that one is all about dating and casual sex. And Yot.me is certainly riding Southern Charm's coattails, as the majority of (if not all of) the pictures on their site are of people on Southern Charm.

• Love 2

I think Thomas manipulated the court systems, just like he did when trafficking cocaine, (10 months in Club Fed, PLEASE!) He has more money and influence and connections than just about anyone in Charleston, Which Charlestonians WORSHIP. 

This sent Kathryn into a tailspin. Face it, she was and is an easy target. Young, insecure, somewhat dim and lazy, shallow, unstable, unworldly with a penchant for partying. 

Thomas knew exactly how to send her over the edge, its a fun activity for him.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

They're not investing in a yacht website. They're investing in www.yot.me. And in Landon's defense, that website does look like it's for a dating app. It's supposedly a new social network, but then so is Tinder - and that one is all about dating and casual sex. And Yot.me is certainly riding Southern Charm's coattails, as the majority of (if not all of) the pictures on their site are of people on Southern Charm.

I guess I am not understanding why Shep was so upset with Landon.  Was Landon soliciting the people from yot.me to invest in her website or were they trying to get her to endorse theirs?  I am not following Shep and why he is angry.  Maybe he wanted to invest and just assumed the rest of the cast would be thrilled for him.

• Love 3

@zoeysmom Well, the Yot.me guys claim that Landon said she doesn't hang out with millionaires, only billionaires. This seems to me to be out of character for her based on what we've seen on the show. They also said she'd criticized their logo and claimed it looked too much like a dating app. On this point, her criticism is completely on point; it does look like a dating app/site. I think they just got pissed at her for her criticism and made up the story about her saying she hangs out only with billionaires to get even with her. Shep is an investor, as far as I understood from their exchange in the episode. Still, the fact that Shep actually believes she would say that indicates to me that he doesn't know her very well.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Kathryn's reality sounds really, really ugly.  Too ugly for me to wanna know the specifics.  I couldn't read much of the links posted earlier on what has actually happened in her life.  I hope they don't share much of it.  Hoo boy, she is truly a mess.  Not surprised.  When a mother loses custody it's almost always because she's quite badly off.  She should not be doing this show.  I get she needs the money but still -- ugh.  Producers are exploiting her problems & her need for cash in a pretty hideous way.  Blech.

She shouldn't be doing this show.  But Kathryn has Craig's disease - she doesn't actually want to work though she wants to live like she's rich.  Sorry, girlfriend.  Just because she's a scion of former slave-owners doesn't give her the right to not work and be rich.  She could get a job like all the other people out there who need to support themselves, and work her way up.  Landon, too, suffers from this disease, except she doesn't have two kids so at least she's only fucking up her own life.

• Love 11
On 4/18/2017 at 6:54 PM, queenjen said:

And her whining about not needing 'tough love. Just love'? Get. A. Real. Job. I've also noticed that she likes to surround herself with girls who have issues with the eyebrow pencil: her sister 'Bam' and the poor sap who actually does the work in any venture that Landon is supposed to be responsible for (Roam was offline last time I looked and it's never been available as anything other than a webpage with a title and a 'coming soon, email us' message, and I've been checking those damn receipts since Landon first mooted this venture!). I can't abide this snowflake. Or the SL that TRav is considering her as step parenting material for his loinfruit. Maybe he could send her to the Montessori School along with his kids. 

The funniest part to me this episode is towards the end of it, during the event, when Landon was telling her friend "So Drew texted me this cute picture this morning, him catching a fish...I don't even know if he even has a real job...." I replied to my TV, "Well, neither do you, honey. You fit right well with him."

On rewatch, I do like the flirtation between Austen and Chelsea. Even though Austen seems like a blah guy at this point, I like how he flattered her the old school way. Chelsea also seemed more animated in responding to him than she did with Shep. They contrasted well how each of them approached her. Austen was all, "We should go together to this thing, I'll pick you up...", while Shep was like "Let's just get drunk (unsaid part of that sentence: "and fuck later")!"

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Sage47 said:

That girl Daisie was nothing special. Why were Shep AND TRav all over her? And why was Shep so upset to be rejected by her? She seemed like someone just trying to get on TV. 

Have you ever heard  he expression 'fresh meat'?

P.S. Wouldn't surprise me if the fellows had a side bet going on on who could tag her first. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Added the P.S.
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Ok. Landon.

Still. cannot. stand.

That voice. Ugh. It's at its worst when she is projecting excitement or speaking across the room. There is something so odd about it. Like she cant modulate or cant control it. 

Plus, she really thinks she is an upper class snot. And I think she really said those things to the yacht website investors in last weeks episode.  "I dont care about money.....I dont hang out with  millionaires. I hang out with billionaires."

And she dresses like shit. In all of her seasons/ onscreen appearances/ reunions. No taste for shit. Always sloppy looking. Just a wannabe drifter.  

Landon walks like her body is a weed.  All schlumpy like she has no bones.  

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Nancypants said:

I think Thomas manipulated the court systems, just like he did when trafficking cocaine, (10 months in Club Fed, PLEASE!) He has more money and influence and connections than just about anyone in Charleston, Which Charlestonians WORSHIP. 

This sent Kathryn into a tailspin. Face it, she was and is an easy target. Young, insecure, somewhat dim and lazy, shallow, unstable, unworldly with a penchant for partying. 

It would not surprise me that he had some pull.  I have discovered the hard way justice is only for those that can afford lengthy court fights, got no $, got no chance because the other side will drag it out til you are outta cash.  BUT Kathryn while young, is not naive.  She was looking for a wealthy man and any one would do (show starts and she has sex with *3* of the wealthy men starring back to back).  I have a feeling there was some pressure from her family to rope a rich guy to help the family with a good name but no $.  I feel badly for her kids but not so much her.  She has more opportunities to get her life in order than many.  I have a feeling Thomas would help her if she weren't a danger to herself and the kids.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess I am not understanding why Shep was so upset with Landon.  Was Landon soliciting the people from yot.me to invest in her website or were they trying to get her to endorse theirs?  I am not following Shep and why he is angry.  Maybe he wanted to invest and just assumed the rest of the cast would be thrilled for him.

I am just guessing he may have introduced her to them?  Or they were his friends.  He may have worried that she made him look bad.  Just guessing though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Have you ever heard  he expression 'fresh meat'?

P.S. Wouldn't surprise me if the fellows had a side bet going on on who could tag her first. 

Yep. And there was lots of fresh meat in the bar so not sure why the fight over her. 

But yea, there likely was a competition. I guess no one "won". 

I wonder what Cameran's  husband is like? I respect why he doesn't show his face, I'm just curious and would love to see his personality. Since Cam is bubbly I picture him being quiet. She seems to have a fun, flirty friendship with Whitney. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MrSmith said:

@zoeysmom Well, the Yot.me guys claim that Landon said she doesn't hang out with millionaires, only billionaires. This seems to me to be out of character for her based on what we've seen on the show. They also said she'd criticized their logo and claimed it looked too much like a dating app. On this point, her criticism is completely on point; it does look like a dating app/site. I think they just got pissed at her for her criticism and made up the story about her saying she hangs out only with billionaires to get even with her. Shep is an investor, as far as I understood from their exchange in the episode. Still, the fact that Shep actually believes she would say that indicates to me that he doesn't know her very well.

I just don't buy that she said this. Landon has done a crap job at hiding her other annoying personality traits, but she's some how managed to hide this level of delusional snobbery. Don't buy it. It really does sound like they were butthurt and lied to protect their egos.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I just don't buy that she said this. Landon has done a crap job at hiding her other annoying personality traits, but she's some how managed to hide this level of delusional snobbery. Don't buy it. It really does sound like they were butthurt and lied to protect their egos.

I could see her saying it as some kind of joke that she failed to deliver properly and so ended up sounding like a ridiculous snob. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I could see her saying it as some kind of joke that she failed to deliver properly and so ended up sounding like a ridiculous snob. 

I guess that's possible. Though how broken is the Shep/Landon friendship? Shep was so quick to believe those guys.

• Love 4

We finally got to watch this episode. Man, I am so sick of Shep. While I think it's admirable that he wants to help his friends, he's got to realize there's a way to communicate your constructive criticism without it being actually negative feedback and without making you look like a colossal asshole.

I'm so sick of Thomas, too. Fuck. Just stop with always trying to get the youngest girl you can. Have to say, though, that we loved the juxtaposition of him telling Landon that he's looking for someone like her to settle down with and then, that very night, turning around and chasing the youngest tail he can find at the bar. Damned hypocrite. And creepy as fuck, too.

And I don't know whether or not Shep and Chelsea did bang it out or not, but either way Shep isn't winning any points with Chelsea by telling Whitney they got it on. If they did, how utterly classless and boorish to go around sharing that kind of information. And if they didn't, fronting like that just smacks of desperation and dickishness - neither of which are attractive. I think he's been doing one night stands for so long that he can't remember what it is to actually woo and romance a woman. And that's going to prevent him ever getting Chelsea.

I don't have much to say about Craig and Naomie. I suspect there was some production meddling going on there to help give him a bad edit. At the same time, if your girlfriend and her parents speak a language fluently and that language is not your native language, you'd better on the damn stick and learn to speak that language. Maybe that speaks to Craig's whole shtick about not really trying hard at anything. I don't know.

And Kathryn is just entertaining to watch when you contrast what's being shown in the episodes against what's being reported currently. I'm probably a complete bastard for thoroughly enjoying watching her self-destruct. I can't help it. I don't like her and I just can't help enjoying watching people I don't like destroy themselves.

• Love 6
On 4/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, Major Bigtime said:

Yes, I don't know why she likes picking and choosing her clothes from piles on the floor. I guess she picked her clothes for her modeling interview from pile #4.

I'd say it's a mixture of immaturity and not caring for things yet. A lot of teens do the same thing; she seems to have stopped maturing some time in high school.

Edited by Suck It Trebek
  • Love 5

I think you're right, Nancypants. All this talk of "blueblood" this and that, but meanwhile their behavior bespeaks of the uncouth. Sure, they've got nice clothes and gorgeous homes (TRav), but they display trashy behavior. Blueblood and so-called fine lineage means nothing. As you say, there are finer people in the world coming from less posh and glamorous zip codes. They've got "blue blood" but no integrity.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:06 PM, larapu2000 said:

Kathryn at the modeling agency KILLED me.  "May I see your portfolio?"  "I've prepared a PowerPoint presentation instead, here is my laptop."

The inverse of Landon's blunder with her PowerPoint printout website last season!

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, Pickles said:

Does anyone seriously believe that Chelsea and Shep did NOT have sex on their sleepover date? Umm, no.

I'm sure it was probably "everything but." Some people are still of the mindset that unless it's P-in-V, it ain't sex.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:08 PM, slowpoked said:

I think they're testing the waters right now with Chelsea because IF there will be a Season 5, it seems like production is finally done with Kathryn. Either they can no longer tolerate her serious real-life drama, or someone with a conscience has realized that celebrity only makes Kathryn's situation worse. 

I mean, Eliza was the one who was leaked as the new cast member when they started filming, but so far she's rarely been in the show. Chelsea is right in the middle of two main storylines for this season. And if you look at the Bravo website for SC, she is heavily featured in there. From the looks of it, both Jennifer and Danni have no interest in being main cast members. Don't know about Naomie. But if Kathryn is gone, obviously they need to replace her with another woman, lest TPTB be accused of being even more sexist than they already are now.

It's weird, because all the pre-season stuff I read indicated Chelsea was the new cast member, so I was confused by the fact that Eliza was featured so heavily in the premiere and that so many people in the forums here were talking about her joining the cast. I wonder if she wanted to, but Papa Chip Limehouse III put the kibosh on her reality star dreams.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:25 PM, Bossa Nova said:

A very teeny, tiny part of me feels bad, because I remember an interview with her where she said she had worked extensively with speech therapists when she was younger and used to be very self-conscious of her voice. Then, she opens her mouth and is all twitchy and blinky and awkward, and I can't deal.

• Love 5

Though how broken is the Shep/Landon friendship? Shep was so quick to believe those guys.

I think he believed them because he does know Landon and thinks that what they said she said fits in with how he has known her to act. She may have just been joking but it was obviously off-putting to the people she was talking to. 

I do think Craig was right in saying that Shep tries to take people down when they are succeeding.   That is basically what Shep told Naomie he was doing.  Who the fck is he to purposely deflate other people's self esteem?  What a jerk.  Let life take them down a peg.  Craig should run from him and drop that friendship 100%.  He probably does when they aren't filming.

Craig's behavior towards the charity event would drive me up the fcking wall.  If I were Naomie, I would be livid at his behavior and then his talking heads talking about her stressing out.  She seemed appropriately stressed IMO.  They are cute together in general but I can see how their personality differences could doom the relationship.

I'm sure it is just producer driven story line but like what everyone else said, Cameron needs to stop pushing the Chelsea/Shep relationship. Who would push their friend at Shep?  Yikes.  It was funny when she said that Whitney was a sick freak who tries to shock her. 

Kathryn and Thomas - no comment.  Way too real and sad. 

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:31 AM, MrSmith said:

Thank you MRSMITH. 

Well it sounded to me like Shep was making the Yot.me guys a whole lot more important than they most likely are.  Most of all it sounded like product placement for a Shep investment.  Maybe Landon's biggest crime was she simply wasn't impressed. 

• Love 4

I get the sense that most of the cast members are NOT from the old money "blue blood" Charleston families, except, ironically, Thomas Ravenel and Catherine Dennis.  Shep grew up in Hilton Head, and while his family does have some serious cash but they don't seem to have deep roots in Charleston.  Whitney's family is from Virginia, Pat only moved to Charleston a few years ago.  Cameran is from Anderson, SC and Landon is from Georgia but went to the College of Charleston.  Craig also came for college and Austen moved there as well. 

The Calhouns definitely fit the bill but I don't think Kathryn's branch of the family has a lot of $$$.   And, of course, the Ravenels also, but Thomas' fall from grace didn't help him personally. 

While the cast members may have varying amounts of wealth, they don't really represent old Charleston.  Here's an interesting blog I found on some of the family names

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, queenjen said:

One website on Kathryn's Easter weekend. 

https://www.fitsnews.com/2017/04/18/southern-charm-drama-flares-up-off-screen/#

I got a cold chill during this episode when Thomas told the Dolphin that he no longer cares or has to worry about how Kathryn will react to who he sees/sleeps with because the Courts are handling it. Like this is a good thing. He was practically reveling in this. I accept that Kathryn's dreadful issues have been a burden for TRav, but he was taking way too much joy in her having no control and no say. I sympathise with how she and her family must have felt as observers and not participants to their son/grandson's christening at the same venue Kensie was christened in. Although, IIRC, Kathryn flipped out at one of Kensie's christening events, and then she insisted on a second one? And we're only just seeing reports on what happened this weekend, so it's impossible to know whether Kathryn's parents were included or not in this event. The whole thing is such a mess and such a tragedy. I'm fully expecting to see Kathryn in jail in the next couple of weeks. If I was her, I'd be entering a respectable long term rehab facility real quick rather than go through withdrawal on a jailhouse floor. I've seen 60 Days In, I wouldn't want to be sick in one of these facilities!

Given Kathryn's propensity to for irrational behavior and sense of entitlement the Courts are exactly where this case belongs.  I do think Thomas tried to resolve things outside of the courts and Kathryn knee jerk reaction was to withhold the children from him.  I am applaud Thomas for not trying to handle things or skirt the court orders as without the court's directives and protection this looks like a situation that could end up being very violent.

As to the Baptism, so unfortunate they could not come together for this rite.  At some point Kathryn has to take responsibility for her actions.  At some point time and therapy have to be beneficial for her to see that she has no claim to Thomas and his love life.  If that comes in the form of time behind bars for violating court orders it might be a less costly alternative for her.

A running theme through most of the Bravo candid reality shows is the number of narcissistic personality types that are drawn and cast.  It is almost like Bravo is advertising a sale on narcissists. 

ETA-In no way to I think the judicial intervention is good because it makes Thomas' dating life easier.  I am thinking in terms of the children and visitation with Kathryn being in a safe manner.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

When they were in the bar talking to some young ladies, one of the ladies asked, "Who's the old guy?"  Who were they referring to?  Thomas was there and then Whitney walked in.  Were they talking about Whit or Thomas? Did the young girl switch over to Thomas when she realized who he was?

• Love 1
On 4/20/2017 at 8:20 AM, Nancypants said:

While I'm sure Thomas's money and family has a lot of pull with the courts, Kathryn is not without agency.  She could have passed her drug tests, for one thing, and would still have custody of her kids.  You don't have to be old secure, smart, deep, stable or worldly in order to know that when you have kids and you're in the middle of a custody battle, you'd better be able to pass a drug test by not using drugs.  Thomas didn't force feed her anything; she made that choice and has to take responsibility for the outcome.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 10

I think Kathryn and Thomas both pictured this scenario going down differently. I don't think Thomas ever wanted full custody of the kids. He pictured them being primarily raised by their mother, available to him every other weekend for photo ops, holidays, etc. I think Kathryn also expected to have primary custody, and finally extracting enough in child support so she, at the very least, would not have to work. 

They're both pretty horrible. 

• Love 17