Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Eat, Pray, Liv

On 4/20/2017 at 3:01 AM, Brian Cronin said:

Yeah, both Ravi and Peyton are coming off so, so bad in this scenario. Peyton sounds like a moron "Yes, Blaine is evil, but he has amnesia, so it's all good!" and Ravi is just creepy as hell. Please let this plot resolve itself sooner rather than later.

Ugh, it's giving me Buffy/Spike flashbacks. Except I actually like having Blaine around, and Peyton doesn't have 1% of the awesomeness that Buffy had.

• Love 4
On 4/26/2017 at 11:53 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Ugh, it's giving me Buffy/Spike flashbacks. Except I actually like having Blaine around, and Peyton doesn't have 1% of the awesomeness that Buffy had.

Yeah, that's the annoying thing, I also like Blaine. Hell, I guess I wouldn't even mind it so much if Peyton at least owned how STUPID it is. I mean, people do dumb stuff, but watching her defend her actions is so silly. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2017 at 10:36 PM, The Wild Sow said:

And, while Jeff Buckley may sing an awesome Hallelujah, it's actually a "Leonard Cohen song."

Yes! Thank you! I was going to point that out! Leonard Cohen (RIP) wrote it and originally sang it; then everyone and his brother did a cover version of it.

• Love 1

I think Blaine is not faking his memory loss because he would have had a reaction to seeing his dead father again.

I agree with all who said UGH to the stupid love triangle. Drop this storyline!! Bring back my cool, funny, cheerful Ravi that I loved!

And yes a thousand times to those who pointed out that amnesia does not magically undo all your past crimes. Liv is supposed to be Peyton's best friend, but Peyton's forgotten that Blaine shot and killed Liv's boyfriend? (the adorable King Arthur from "Merlin", forgot his character name on iZombie). She's willing to overlook that he killed teenagers and murdered Major? WTF Peyton.

And I agree that they should not have give the memory cure to Blaine. Right now he's a harmless lounge singer; if he gets his memories back he could come after all of them!

Major's new buddy is easy on the eyes and seems to like Liv. Major still seems to be in love with Liv.

• Love 1
On 6/1/2017 at 10:55 PM, KaleyFirefly said:

Yes! Thank you! I was going to point that out! Leonard Cohen (RIP) wrote it and originally sang it; then everyone and his brother did a cover version of it.

People tend to recognize (rightly or wrongly) the artist who had the biggest hit, in the same vein, my when I was younger, my biggest peeve was everyone calling "I will always love you" Whitney Houston's song, when it was written and sung by Dolly Parton originally. So I feel you, though I think of Hallelujah as Buckley's song (I know, I know, hypocritical)

On 4/18/2017 at 7:24 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I felt bad for Major during the scenes with Justin and Liv. Robert Buckley did an amazing job conveying his fears and sadness over dying or losing his memories, and how much he could lose out on if either of these things happen. So many conflicting emotions on Major's face during those scenes. 

Never knew he was that good of an actor, but it was really moving.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:57 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Man, I went back and forth several times about whose side I was on in the Ravi/Peyton stuff this week. 

Loved your detailed description of the whipsawing emotions/opinions.

So, watching Major eat brains in a tube made me wonder. How did the caller who outed the family know that was brains in the tube? Sounds a little suspicious to me.

It would have beeninteresting if Blaine had been allowed to continue in his attempt to be a better person. He would backslide but still the story would have been different. For one thing the cure 

Spoiler

Would not have been stolen

Spoiler

(edited)

I don't care at all for the on-again, off-again soap opera between Peyton and Ravi.  It's entirely manipulative and cliche.  The latest where Ravi finally fesses up his true feelings and Peyton comes over to get back together with him...again...only to find that medical examiner woman in his kitchen...why would he even do that?  The reason, of course, is so that the writers can have her bounce back to bad boy Blaine, who seems to be exonerated of his monstrous crimes simply because he lost his memory.  "It's okay you murdered young boys and turned people into zombies, you can't remember doing it and you play the piano and are all sweet now!"  Why is she even an assistant D.A., with that kind of attitude she should be defending serial killers.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 1