Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Eat, Pray, Liv

To help Clive solve the murder of a lifestyle guru, Liv consumes his brain and takes on his zen approach to life. Ravi's old boss, Katty Kupps, is getting closer to discovering the truth while also getting closer to Ravi. Meanwhile, Blaine and Peyton continue their budding friendship, much to Ravi's dismay. Lastly, Major is struggling a bit at his new job

Promo

Bad Ravi! Make better choices! And fix your hair!

Ok, the scene of Blaine singing as Don. E looks on all betrayed was hilarious.

Didn't care much for the mystery this week.

I'm deeply impressed that the show managed to transition "Want to Want Me" from the super-hype Just Dance antics with Major's new friend into him staring longingly at Liv at the prospect of dying or losing his memory because "There's nothin' I, no, I wouldn't do, I wouldn't do Just to get up next to you."

• Love 3

Ugh Peyton.  I've never loved her character, and setting her up so that her only storyline is to be part of a love triangle between Ravi and Blaine isn't doing her any favors.  Especially since I can't help but judge someone who still sticks around Blaine even knowing who he is.  Blaine may alledgedly no longer have memories of his many, many crimes, but losing his memories didn't wipe his slate clean.  It probably didn't even make him a person with better morals.  This is not someone she should be attending the gigs of or calling up whenever she needs a sympathetic ear.  He is not boyfriend material.  He's not even friend material.  

She's right though about Ravi.  He needs to either get over the fact that she hooked up with Blaine, or forget about any possibility of a romantic future together.  She didn't wrong him by hooking up with Blaine anymore than he wronged her by having that girlfriend when she took a break from Seattle after finding out about zombies.  

• Love 17

I used to really like Peyton and want to know more about her. Now that there's more and she's being thrown into a Dumbass Love Triangle...yeah, no, I'm good with way less Peyton. I want to understand her side here, but I just can't. She was so harsh on Ravi when he was trying to apologize. She jumped right into defensive mode and all I see it being about is the writers wanting unnecessary drama and a reason for Peyton/Blaine to have a seasons long romance. And clearly, this is all leading to Blaine getting his memories back in a couple of episodes but keeping it from Peyton and everyone, until Ravi figures it out, tries to tell Peyton, she doesn't believe him until it's almost too late.

Yeah, Ravi's been a douche and he has not been acting on good behaviour this season, but Peyton was pretty damn mean. She may be right in the sense that it's not wronging him by sleeping with Blaine since she didn't know who he was. However, right now, if she pursues any future romantic relationship while knowing that he could have his memories back, it'll make her look way worse. 

I felt bad for Major during the scenes with Justin and Liv. Robert Buckley did an amazing job conveying his fears and sadness over dying or losing his memories, and how much he could lose out on if either of these things happen. So many conflicting emotions on Major's face during those scenes. 

Also noting that Liv did not have one vision this week (unless I tuned out during a scene). Is this a first, at least in terms of a case of the week? 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also noting that Liv did not have one vision this week (unless I tuned out during a scene).

Since Topher (ugh, hate that particular version of "Chris"!) didn't see his killer, a vision would have probably been useless.

Blaine was singing Long Long Time at the end!  Probably my favorite Linda Ronstadt song ever!  (Yeah, I'm old.)  And, while Jeff Buckley may sing an awesome Hallelujah, it's actually a "Leonard Cohen song."

• Love 3

Ugh Peyton... You leave Ravi high and dry for months after finding out about zombies.. Then pop back in upending him and the clingy girl... Sure it prob wasn't going to last but her moving back in def had somn to do wit it... Then you hook-up wit Blaine then even after you find out hes the worst of the worst you keep hanging around him.. Then you throw the fact that blaine saved you in Ravi's face like he didn't go with Blaine to come rescue you... And she had to know how he felt about her so all this... Why are you being so mean just comes off as... Well like I said earlier... Ugh peyton

• Love 8

Ravi has not exactly been making smart decisions, but Peyton came off as really holier than thou and unsympathetic (plus I suspect in the end Blaine will end up duping her).  Too bad, because until recently, I  remember liking Peyton and thinking she was not stuck in the typical on again off again relationships the CW actresses are usually stuck in.  There was more to her than being the love interest.

You really cannot get more cliche than a couple's reconciliation getting sideswiped because one part of the couple that it was over and had  rebound fling.   I groaned a bit when I heard the girl in the kitchen.

Major really is a decent actor.  Sadly he has the luck of Mary Ingalls and Kelly Taylor combined.

Long, long time is a great song - both tonight's version and Linda's.  Not to sound like I am 85 year's old, but not a lot of today's pop singers have the voice she did in her prime.

• Love 2

Man, this not going to Ravi's season, is it?  I mean, I really do think he wouldn't be this bad if it was some regular guy she had been with and not Blaine "Zombie Crime Lord and Kid Killer" DeBeers, but he is handling this the most stupid, selfish, and immature way possible.  At least he really seems to know on some levels that he is being dumb and letting his ego and the need to be "macho" get to him, but he just keeps making things worse.  It's totally a "one step forward, a giant leap" back thing for him.  Jealous, Petty Ravi is not a good Ravi.  Granted, if this all leads to Peyton just going back to Blaine, then I kind of have no respect for either of them.

Also, I actually don't mind him guilting Blaine into being the guinea pig from his drugs, because the only option would be Major, and considering everything he's gone through (a lot of it Blaine's doing), I find it perfectly reasonable that Blaine should take the hit for him.  Even if it is out of selfish reasons, I think Ravi was right about that.

Aww, Major found another friend with this Justin guy!  Justin and Liv playing that dancing game was the best.  They better not kill him.  Or make him evil.  Major's had enough bad stuff and broken friendships (poor Minor.)

The Angus/Don E duo continues to be a surprising treat.

Case of the week was meh, although Clive's reactions where at an all time high.  He really is not down with this whole Zen thing.  And I really wish we got more of Liv/Clive's stakeout, because I want to know what exactly was said or done, that made some lady call the cops on them because she thought Clive was a brutal pimp (now, I'm wondering if we'll ever get an episode where Liv has to eat pimp brains...)

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Yeah Justin was cool.. I think ibsaw a twinkle when he looked at liv but with zombies especially one who's on real brain for the first time who knows but I hope hes around to help major look for Natalie and maybe just be a normal zombie... Not evil or dying or somn just a well adjusted zombie that pops up 

• Love 3

Ravi- why are you acting like such a jerk? Stupid. After tonight, I kind of hope Peyton doesn't forgive him.

Major- tell Liv you still love her before it's too late.

Hippie brain guy- you really didn't bring anything to the table this week. Stupid brain. And I called the homeless guy as killer when he first showed up.

Blaine- Dang. Now I'm not sure if this memory loss thing is real or not. I still think he's been faking it all along, and manipulating people. Now he's even more of a bastard because he can still fake it ("Oh, Ravi. Sorry but your new memory loss cure still doesn't work.") So he a) further manipulates Peyton by one-upping Ravi's declaration of love to make himself a martyr ("Oh, Blaine! You'd take that risk for me? You really have changed." *swoon*) and b) he's basically condemning Major to death, because Major will either not take the cure now (for fear of losing his cherished memories of life) or else he's going to have to kill Major so that he doesn't tip everyone off to his new con. What a scumbag. I'm telling you.

(Then again, on the off-off-off-waaaay off chance that Blaine's not faking it, I really can't fault him for not wanting to take a cure that will turn him back into a murdering, manipulating scumbag. But I'd like to think that if that were really the case, the writers would have made the stakes much higher than they did for him, because David Anders would play the holy hell out of that role.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Then you throw the fact that blaine saved you in Ravi's face like he didn't go with Blaine to come rescue you... And she had to know how he felt about her so all this... Why are you being so mean just comes off as... Well like I said earlier... Ugh peyton

As I said upthread, I'm definitely feeling the "ugh Peyton" vibe, but I don't think Ravi deserves to be let off the hook here.  Nothing that you just described justifies Ravi ignoring Peyton's calls just days after she was abducted by gunpoint from her apartment.  The way he's treated her has been terrible.  And throwing it in Ravi's face that Blaine was the one who rescued her?  After what she's just been through, it seems weird that we'd expect her to be sensitive to the fact that Ravi might be feeling jealous over the fact that a man who saved her was someone she slept with.  A good boyfriend would be way concerned about his girlfriend's well being at this point than jealous, yet Ravi ghosted Peyton right after she endured an incredibly traumatic experience.

And while yes, I do think she was mean to Ravi after his apology, I do suspect she was right that Ravi was hoping for an apology from Peyton to.  You could see it written on his face after she said it.  Which made me feel a lot less sympathetic towards Ravi in that moment.  

That said, none of my annoyance at Ravi's behavior makes me any less disgusted by Peyton's relationship with Blaine.  She may not have known he was a homeless child murderer when they had sex (though he WAS her informant and that was sooooo unprofessional!), but she knows now.    She shouldn't just get to decide that Blaine is a different person now that he's lost his memories.  She clearly wasn't a good judge of character before, so she shouldn't be so sure she's a good enough of one now.

22 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Also, I actually don't mind him guilting Blaine into being the guinea pig from his drugs, because the only option would be Major, and considering everything he's gone through (a lot of it Blaine's doing), I find it perfectly reasonable that Blaine should take the hit for him.  Even if it is out of selfish reasons, I think Ravi was right about that.

Agreed.  So much of what's happened re:zombies is Blaine's fault anyway.  He's personally and intentionally infected god knows how many people, and if this memory serum works, Ravi might have the opportunity to actually cure some of the people Blaine has hurt.  Blaine owes it to his victims to be the guinea pig.

• Love 10

One other thought: I really, really hope this Natalie storyline doesn't just end with her missing/dead/gone full zombie and needing to be put down. I think the character was intended to be a one-off last season, but I really vibed with her character and felt the actress did an amazing turn with a part that was basically sort of a vehicle to help Major see the humanity in zombiekind, and would love to see her back.

I don't remember Ravi and Peyton being back together when she was abducted to be honest I never know as shes always seemed kinda flighty.. I know at the tine she was still hanging round with Blaine... And maybe she wasn't thinking about being sensitive to how Ravi was feeling after she was taken... But shes a smart woman and that dig was meant to poke and hurt ravi.. And that defense if him in the morgue to not take the memory cure was ugh... Ravi isnt fault less in this mess.. He shouldn't have ghosted her.. But it seems she's been looking for a reason to run to Blaine as shes seemed non committal from the jump.. But silly ravi I get emotions are high... But you don't tell a gurl you lover her then go sleep with someone else then let the first girl into ur house reaffirm ur love then kiss her with the second woman still in the house... Poor form 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, CCTC said:

You really cannot get more cliche than a couple's reconciliation getting sideswiped because one part of the couple that it was over and had  rebound fling.   I groaned a bit when I heard the girl in the kitchen.

I was thinking the same thing. TV Writing 101. 

And I really hate this Katty character. Dumb name, annoying personality. Hopefully she won't stick around much longer. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, GaT said:

Is it just me, or is Liv not the main character anymore?

I do think they're trying to focus on other characters now, hence the decrease in Liv's story this season. There's been an increase of all the other characters, so I do think that she's become less of a main character this season and part of an ensemble. Which, you know, sucks. 

7 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

As I said upthread, I'm definitely feeling the "ugh Peyton" vibe, but I don't think Ravi deserves to be let off the hook here.  Nothing that you just described justifies Ravi ignoring Peyton's calls just days after she was abducted by gunpoint from her apartment.  The way he's treated her has been terrible.  And throwing it in Ravi's face that Blaine was the one who rescued her?  After what she's just been through, it seems weird that we'd expect her to be sensitive to the fact that Ravi might be feeling jealous over the fact that a man who saved her was someone she slept with.  A good boyfriend would be way concerned about his girlfriend's well being at this point than jealous, yet Ravi ghosted Peyton right after she endured an incredibly traumatic experience.

I agree. Ravi's attitude toward Peyton was more about his ego being bruised. Yes, Blaine is a psycho murderer who can't be trusted. But Peyton was left out of a lot of that information, so she can't really be blamed for her initial interactions with him, especially since she was kidnapped and abducted and all of these crazy things. Ravi has treated her terribly, so he needed to go all in with his apology. He probably also was expecting an apology from Peyton as well, which she has no obligation to give.

However, Ravi's not wrong and his feelings for her definitely clouded his judgment, but this is clearly leading to a Blaine/Peyton romance, so he'll turn out to be right in the end. Her attitude toward "poor memory lost Blaine" was pretty gross this episode. For me, being an avid TV watcher, it was clear that she has feelings for Blaine that's romantic. She's protecting him in ways that he probably shouldn't be protected. There's still that guy who's capable of killing and turning people and making a profit and being shady under all that memory loss. And her telling him that he didn't have to take the third cure just shows that she doesn't want Psycho Murderer Blaine back because, well, he's an ass, but also she can't have feelings for that guy. So yeah, that relationship has already been doomed before it starts probably next episode. 

And yes, Ravi could have just cured Major and then used his memory loss cure on Major too, but I think Ravi is thinking that he doesn't want to risk their friend and he'd rather risk a guy who has wronged all of them. Again, all on emotional reactions, rather than logic. Ravi's looking out for a friend and to him, Blaine is the enemy, so why not test it on him, rather than someone he actually likes? 

I do think Blaine did have legit memory loss, but with this new development, I will not be buying it in future episodes. It'll be too easy for him to fake having memory loss now and it's too tempting of a twist, especially toward Peyton/Ravi. However, I'd laugh if Major took the second cure and it turned out that he was perfectly fine. 

• Love 3

Aw, Major made a zombie friend! Be a shame if something happens to him....(Something is totally going to happen to him).

It took me a sec to realize that Major managed to beat the mercenary zombies not just because of luck or coincidence or repeated training. He did it because he was on Zuumba instructor brain, allowing him to move in ways that tube-based zombies weren't ready for. He juiced. 

Curious to see what Fillmore-Graves will do when it finds out that Major is sick.

It'll be interesting to see if (or more likely, when) the friend will go off the rails hungry for actual brains rather than brain paste. It seems unrealistic that he was turned two years ago at the boat party and never had real brains.

The Ravi/Peyton stuff (do they have a shipper name? Haven't been paying attention) was awful and idiot-ball carrying. Why Ravi wouldn't say "Hey Peyton, can we talk tomorrow?" or something instead of letting his ex-boss get discovered and/or having a heart-to-heart in front of her? I'm of the mindset that ex-boss dropped the glass on purpose.

I sort of like Angus and Don E. setting up the Scratching Post. Since we have had mentions of Natalie and since it now turns out Blaine is a lounge singer, I guess it's not too far in the future that both will end up there. Seems like there's been a disproportion of zombie men to zombie women. Besides Liv, Natalie and Vivian, I can only think of a handful of zombie women in the show (a feral zombie, the woman Blaine seduced and zombified and the Meat Cute chef from S1, all of which are deceased.)

21 minutes ago, Superclam said:

And I really hate this Katty character. Dumb name, annoying personality. Hopefully she won't stick around much longer. 

I am pretty sure that the writers will not be able to resist her putting all the pieces together and then having Fillmore-Graves take her out to prevent her from full-on launching Discovery Day, and then having Ravi be like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" on eventually discovering what FG did.

• Love 2

Man, I went back and forth several times about whose side I was on in the Ravi/Peyton stuff this week. When he went to her office to talk to her, part of me was like FINALLY, he's going to man up and actually talk to Peyton about what's been going on instead of just whining about it to Major and Liv! The other part of me was like DAMN IT, RAVI, you should not have these talks at someone's place of work! Why can't you just wait until this evening and talk to her AFTER work like a normal professional person who respects that another person's place of employment is not the place to have these kinds of discussions?

But once he started talking, I was fully Team Peyton. What kind of half-assed excuse for an apology was that? He was passive aggressively blaming her for sleeping with Blaine when (1) she didn't know that he was Blaine and (2) she wasn't with Ravi. She has NOTHING to feel guilty about on a personal level (although yes, she should feel bad that she was unprofessional enough to sleep with a source in a case she was working on). Yes, Ravi, it is YOUR "stupid macho problem" that you have an issue that a girl you like slept with someone you don't like when you were not a couple. She doesn't owe you an explanation or an apology for that. If you feel weird about it, that's YOUR problem, not hers. I wanted to high five her when she said that his opinion on this matter is irrelevant.

Then I switched back to Team Ravi when they were all at the morgue. Peyton wants to believe that Blaine is the nice guy she knows now, but she KNOWS some of the terrible things he did because Liv told her about this stuff. She wants to pretend that new amnesiac Blaine is a completely different person from the Blaine that Liv, Ravi, and Major have been dealing with for two years. Even if he doesn't remember the things he did, HE STILL DID THEM. This isn't like one of those vampire things where you're not responsible for the things you did when you didn't have a soul. He is the same person. He just doesn't remember all of the evil stuff he did. For that reason, I was fine with Ravi reminding everyone in the room of a few of the things he did. "I'm Blaine. I killed people for money. I tortured [Major]. I literally killed [Major]."

I was back on Team Peyton when she showed up at his house and flat out told him that for someone who claims he's in love with her, he has treated her like shit during a very traumatic time. She almost died and he has been ignoring her calls. That's not what you do when you care about someone, especially right after they've been kidnapped.

But then I was back to Team Ravi when she stormed out because his old boss was there. If you aren't a couple, you don't get to be mad about who the other person drunkenly sleeps with.

I do feel bad that Blaine now knows that he was a shitty person thanks to anecdotes from Angus and Ravi but doesn't remember any of it. But more than that, I feel bad that Clean Slate Blaine who hasn't had to deal with his dickhead of a father is basically an okay guy, which tells me that in the nature vs. nurture debate here, Evil Blaine from S1-S2 was a direct result of his abusive father. I think Amnesia Blaine is lucky not to remember all the things his father did to him. Part of me hopes that Ravi's serum works and Blaine gets his memories back and reverts to Dickhead Evil Blaine, partly because he is so amusing and partly so Peyton can see exactly what Blaine is like. Part of me thinks that Team Z should have left well enough alone and let Blaine stay an amnesiac because at least this way he isn't a danger to them. Amnesiac Blaine is wary of them but he isn't actively sabotaging or threatening them in any way. If he gets his memory back, he will be a thorn in their sides again. But I did crack up about how he got his new side gig singing at a lounge.

Poor Major. I'm glad that his new friend told him that the other zombie guys were trained mercenaries and ex-military. No wonder they're so good at paintball! It must be rough for the DJ and Major to have to catch up to them. For the record, I also love Major's new DJ friend. He seems like a nice guy even on tube brains and I love that he and Major were playing Liv's dance game while on zumba brain. I don't necessarily need this guy to join Team Z, but I'm glad that Major has a new friend. Bonus that he's a zombie so he doesn't have to hide his zombieism. Heh, I'm with Major on the gogurt brain packs. They don't look very appealing. And as someone who watched Buffy, I keep thinking of the Initiative so I'm afraid that Vivian is putting something in the gogurt tubes besides brains.

I love that Clive is adjusting well to knowing about Liv's zombie powers. It was cute when he said he would go take a shower to get the dumpster stench off while she made herself some brain lunch so they could investigate the mindfulness guy's murder.

Don E. better watch it. It's just a matter of time before Angus gets annoyed with him/realizes he doesn't need Don E. anymore and kills him.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Part of me thinks that Team Z should have left well enough alone and let Blaine stay an amnesiac because at least this way he isn't a danger to them. Amnesiac Blaine is wary of them but he isn't actively sabotaging or threatening them in any way. If he gets his memory back, he will be a thorn in their sides again. But I did crack up about how he got his new side gig singing at a lounge.

Oh, I definitely think they should have left Amnesiac Blaine alone and taken the risk on Major. If it didn't work, Major would have lost memories but they could still work on getting pieces of him back. If it did work, they'd have a functioning, sane human being without the worry that he's going to turn on them and go psycho killer on people. They have to cure Major soon anyway, regardless of if the memory loss cure works or not. They don't have the luxury to continue working on making it successful. 

Cured Blaine, on the other hand, means he'll turn on them the moment he gets his memories back. Even if he's affected by his experiences, he won't stay loyal to Peyton for very long. This is just becoming a predictable story, you know? Peyton will be hurt by Blaine when he regains his memories, Ravi's going to sleep with his Ex Boss until Peyton comes back to her senses about Blaine and when Ex Boss gets way too close to the truth, and Blaine's just going to team up with Daddy or rival Daddy and his new business. 

Also, I know they can't just have a cure that easily, unless this is the final season, so I can't wait for possible new side effects to THIS cure. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I agree. I'm not feeling "ugh Peyton" nearly as much as some other commenters, but it might be just because Ravi is acting like such a goddamn Nice Guy this season and has turned my favorite character into someone who just puts my teeth on edge. Peyton was right when she said he's taking everything that's happened to her and made it all about him. As for her, I feel sorry for her being shoehorned into a love triangle, but given how Blaine's been treating her and how Ravi's been treating her, I can't entirely blame her for her uncertainty, even if Blaine is/was horrible.

The shots literally framing her in between Ravi and Blaine, I cannot forgive.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I am pretty sure that the writers will not be able to resist her putting all the pieces together and then having Fillmore-Graves take her out to prevent her from full-on launching Discovery Day, and then having Ravi be like, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" on eventually discovering what FG did.

This. It just seems like the writing is a little more formulaic and a little less sharp this season. 

Oddly enough, I am kind of enjoying Don E. this season. 

Edited by Superclam
10 hours ago, CCTC said:

Not to sound like I am 85 year's old, but not a lot of today's pop singers have the voice she did in her prime.

Not a lot of pop singers then had her voice when she was in her prime, either. Linda Ronstadt is a singular talent.

I'm not as annoyed with the love triangle as others, but I do think it's dumb. In Ravi vs. Peyton, I'm leaning toward Team Peyton, if only because it's not her fault she didn't know who Blaine was. I don't like that it seems she's sticking with blame to turn the knife on Ravi, but it's also not unrealistic for her to do that. Immature, certainly.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I do think they're trying to focus on other characters now, hence the decrease in Liv's story this season. There's been an increase of all the other characters, so I do think that she's become less of a main character this season and part of an ensemble. Which, you know, sucks. 

I bet it's mostly a production thing to give the lead actor some breathing room. (I remember Rob Thomas talking about trying to spread things around more on Veronica Mars because the schedule was so tough on Kristen Bell.)

1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Oddly enough, I am kind of enjoying Don E. this season. 

I love Don E. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

It'll be interesting to see if (or more likely, when) the friend will go off the rails hungry for actual brains rather than brain paste. It seems unrealistic that he was turned two years ago at the boat party and never had real brains.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all.  I'm pretty sure he said he was the DJ at the Fillmore Graves company picnic, not the Max Rager boat party, which means he's likely been with Fillmore Graves for the entire time he's been a zombie.  Since party DJs turned FG mercenaries likely are not rolling in cash, the only way he would have had access to real brains is if he killed someone and ate them or if he went grave robbing.  I could see most people in his position choosing to stick with the goo FG provides rather than running out to try to score a whole brain if they don't have someone to hook them up.

• Love 2

This terrible triangle and angst is bring this season down. I'm tired of mopey Ravi- I want the old one back. And Peyton is really pissing me off. I didn't even realize they were back together since the last season was so long ago, but this is all just a big pile of blah.

I am liking Major's storyline and Clive finally being in on the zombie secret, but that's it.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, CCTC said:

Ravi has not exactly been making smart decisions, but Peyton came off as really holier than thou and unsympathetic (plus I suspect in the end Blaine will end up duping her).  Too bad, because until recently, I  remember liking Peyton and thinking she was not stuck in the typical on again off again relationships the CW actresses are usually stuck in.  There was more to her than being the love interest.

The last scene was so devoid of any character motivation I can't even write about how Peyton and Ravi acted. Ravi slept with Katty, for some reason and Peyton came over and for like the first time in 2 years, finally admitted that she wanted to be with him. And both happened on the same night because, writing. We're on the verge of the zombie apocalypse. Liv, go hook up with Major and Peyton, go hook up with Ravi. Most of you will be dead in a few months. Then we can go back to a show about zombies and their place in America.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, ketose said:

and Peyton came over and for like the first time in 2 years, finally admitted that she wanted to be with him.

I think your memory of last season may be a bit fuzzy.  Peyton lived with Ravi and Major  for a good chunk of last season.    I'll grant you that it was crazy cliche for Peyton to show up right when Ravi is hooking up with someone else, but I don't think it's weird that Peyton showed up.  Ravi had just confessed he was in love with her earlier that day, so I don't think it's that "convenient" for her to drop by Ravi's house after having spent a few hours mulling over his confession.  Especially since she and Ravi probably would have been together already had Ravi not gotten weird about her past hook up with Blaine.  They were more or less officially together at the end of last season.  Ravi stayed with her in her room when his and Major's house was an active crime scene when the police was investigating Major as the Chaos Killer.

2 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

I think your memory of last season may be a bit fuzzy.  Peyton lived with Ravi and Major  for a good chunk of last season.    I'll grant you that it was crazy cliche for Peyton to show up right when Ravi is hooking up with someone else, but I don't think it's weird that Peyton showed up.  Ravi had just confessed he was in love with her earlier that day, so I don't think it's that "convenient" for her to drop by Ravi's house after having spent a few hours mulling over his confession.  Especially since she and Ravi probably would have been together already had Ravi not gotten weird about her past hook up with Blaine.  They were more or less officially together at the end of last season.  Ravi stayed with her in her room when his and Major's house was an active crime scene when the police was investigating Major as the Chaos Killer.

The larger point is that Peyton and Ravi just kind of hovered in mid air until the writers wanted to drum up conflict.

• Love 1

Yes they're using them for drama, but they weren't hovering in mid-air.  They were back together in last season's finale (as confirmed during the dialogue between Peyton and Ravi last night, when she said that she had been so excited that they had gotten back together), Ravi's just fucked it up.  

Not feeling this whole love triangle storyline. I think there's a couple of problems- 1) I never cared about Peyton and Ravi to begin with, so if I'm supposed to be rooting for them to get back together, that's just not gonna happen, and 2) Peyton is not an interesting character in any way. It's hard to get invested in her fate. The actress is fine, but she lacks the amazing chemistry that most of the cast has with each other in a big way. She can't deliver the zippy dialogue well either.

I don't know if I want Blaine to get his memories back or not. I assume he probably will and then he'll start faking his memory loss for real and end up duping them all, but I'm not sure if I want that to happen because it feels so predictable. I guess he could get his memories back and decide that he wants to change for real, but they took him too far early in the show to ever be able to "redeem" him, unless he turns himself in or something. Yet, I don't want David Anders to leave the show (I think he has fantastic chemistry with the cast, unlike Peyton).

• Love 1

Payton has officially crossed over into "Too Stupid To Live" territory. Major and Liv are supposed to be her best and oldest friends, and she is going to take child-murdering Blaine's side? 

Also, considering that both Liv and Major are older and more intimate friends, why the hell is she expecting Ravi to be shouldering the entire burden of pandering to her emotional state?! She seems to have forgotten that special snowflake Payton wasn't the only one who had a lot of heavy stuff going down last season. The finale was chalk full of full on Oh Shit! moments for the entire cast. And yet somehow she seems to think that she is the only one deserving of support. 

It is probably obvious that I was never a fan, but now I'm just hoping that they kill her off quickly for the good of the show. I was this close to hitting the mute button every time she came on screen. 

For the episode in general, Clive was still awesome, and I'm pretty sure I will hate the new CDC doctor. 

And I'm hoping they keep Jason the zombie DJ because I really enjoy him and Major together. 

Edited by CaptainTightpants
Spelling
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CaptainTightpants said:

Payton has officially crossed over into "Too Stupid To Live" territory. Major and Liv are supposed to be her best and oldest friends, and she is going to take child-murdering Blaine's side? 

Also, considering that both Liv and Major are older and more intimate friends, why the hell is she expecting Ravi to be shouldering the entire burden of pandering to her emotional state?! She seems to have forgotten that special snowflake Payton wasn't the only one who had a lot of heavy stuff going down last season. The finale was chalk full of full on Oh Shit! moments for the entire cast. And yet somehow she seems to think that she is the only one deserving of support. 

Given the notion that Blaine literally lost his memory, is it fair to lean on him to risk his present health based on him having done things that he has no memory of? To me, there would be a potentially interesting philosophical debate on that subject.

I don't think that Peyton was expecting Ravi to shoulder the entire burden. I think in the last episode she tried to reach out to Liv, and then when she wasn't available, tried Ravi. And when Ravi wasn't available, tried and reached Blaine. 

I think Peyton was more wondering the thing she asked in this episode: why was Ravi being a dick to her.

Can this stupid Peyton love triangle end now? It's making me hate Ravi and Peyton, two characters I like, and it's dragging down the show. Blaine has amnesia, well, then it's okay that he killed a bunch of people and zombified others in a quest to make money. Go on, Peyton. Enjoy. 

Justin and Major were great. And I sensed a spark with Justin and Liv. But if he's going to be Liv's boyfriend that means he's probably dead. Careful, Justin.

• Love 4

Yeah, both Ravi and Peyton are coming off so, so bad in this scenario. Peyton sounds like a moron "Yes, Blaine is evil, but he has amnesia, so it's all good!" and Ravi is just creepy as hell. Please let this plot resolve itself sooner rather than later.

Not only that, but how in the world did Peyton want to just take Ravi right back at that point? It made no sense, and it only occurred so she could see him with another woman (which he was perfectly free to do, which just makes it extra stupid) so she could be angry. This show usually is so smart, but this plot is so dumb. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 7

Yeah, Peyton and Ravi's characters are both suffering because of this stupid triangle. TV logic will dictate that by the end both of them will now realize how illogical it was to be angry about each others one-time sex during this trying time, but it's KINDA logical because I LOVE YOU. So dumb.

If they were thinking logically, they woulda realized keeping Blaine the way he is, is safer, and waited for when Major needs the cure and just tested it on him. 

I also don't like the way memory is depicted like it changes your whole personality. It just never feels quite right. I mean I'm getting up there in age, and I don't turn into a murderous ass every time I can't remember something.

• Love 5

To add to the above, writers, you have got to bring the OriginalRecipeRavi back!  He was the reason I kept tuning in.  I like neither Blaine's nor Major's storylines, and Liv doesn't space out on brains as much as she should, so Ravi was MY REASON for tuning in!  Peyton is indeed, both right and wrong in this.  I didn't like Clive at all the first two seasons, but he is more interesting now that he knows, and Major is more likable without too much angst.  Please let's keep Justin!  That is all.  You hear me, writers?

• Love 1

Could I start some kind of petition to put an end to pointless love triangles on all television? Because 9 times out of 10, a love triangle will do nothing but ruin perfectly good characters, add unnecessary angst, and clog up the story. Really, neither Peyton or Ravi are coming off very well in all of this. Ravi is being a creepy asshole who didn't support his friend he's in love with when she had been through a traumatic event, and is acting all judgmental and jerky over her sleeping with Blaine, which she had every right to do because they weren't together at the time. However, Peyton doesn't look great either. First of all, she never should have slept with Blaine when he was her witness in a case. Even when she thought he was just a small time drug dealer who was an alright guy, hooking up with him was very unprofessional and could have hurt her whole case. And when she knew who he really was, but had amnesia? Look, there's a legit moral question over whether amnesiac Blaine is the same as Evil Blaine, but that's kind of besides the point. I think its weird that Peyton is trying so hard to protect this guy she really hardly knows, and she knows still has a murderer lurking inside him, and did terrible things to innocent people, and to her own friends. Its very murky ground, and her getting defensive about anyone who doesn't trust him is extremely annoying. And, while she had every right to be pissed off at Ravi at his house, she seemed pretty harsh on him when he was clearly trying to apologize, and she was REALLY not looking great getting all pissed off and holier than thou about Ravi sleeping with his boss. Didn't Peyton just say that since she wasn't with Ravi at the time she slept with Blaine, he had no right to be angry or judge her? Well, then by that logic, SHE has no right to be angry and judgey towards him for sleeping with someone else when they definitely aren't together. He was drunk and sad and he made a bad choice, but he wasn't with Peyton at the time, so while maybe she can get hurt as her first impulse, but still acting betrayed and upset? That's some top level hypocrisy, Peyton.

The Case of the Week was alright, but I felt like the writers didn't really care about this one. I love the characters and the arcs are quite solid, but I hope they don't totally abandon the CotW and Livs crime solving. I don't think this season is off to a bad start. I like Clive knowing the secret and interacting more with everyone else, I like the stuff with major, I like his new DJ turned Zombie Mercenary, and they have done wonders making Major a more likable, viable character. However, this love triangle is taking up WAY too much time, and its hurting two good characters in the process. Its making them both assholes, and its trapping them in nothing but romantic struggles and for Peyton to be fought over and maybe rescued at some point. Its lame and needs to be gone.

I laughed super hard at Don E. looking sadly at Blaine singing, while standing in the rain like a super sad, jealous ex. I would watch your ass, Don E.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

She seems to have forgotten that special snowflake Payton wasn't the only one who had a lot of heavy stuff going down last season. The finale was chalk full of full on Oh Shit! moments for the entire cast. And yet somehow she seems to think that she is the only one deserving of support.

Ha that's so true. Liv literally had to shoot her boyfriend in the head to save her partner, just a year after watching Blaine shoot her last boyfriend through the head. Major is actually terminally ill with days to live, thanks to Blaine. Clive was nearly eaten by his partner's zombified boyfriend. And then went to a triple homicide case to discover that two of the bodies were his ex and a boy he had loved as a potential step-son. All within days of discovering that zombies exist and having to torpedo his relationship and possible FBI career in order to save the world from a zombie apocalypse. Considering that Peyton's reaction to discovering that zombies exist was to run away for a few months to get her head around it, even if it meant just leaving her boyfriend waiting for her to show up, she really needs to realise that her awful experience was pretty tame compared to what her friends are dealing with.

Ravi's reaction to discovering that while single she once had sex with a guy she didn't know was bad is totally dickish though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

The Case of the Week was alright, but I felt like the writers didn't really care about this one.

Yeah, it feels like they put much more time and effort into the stupid love triangle. Which is also stupidly written. So way to waste everyone's time, writers, including your own. 

I hope this love triangle gets the backburner now. There's a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE coming, people. I really don't care who Peyton is taking to the prom.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, AllyB said:

Ha that's so true. Liv literally had to shoot her boyfriend in the head to save her partner, just a year after watching Blaine shoot her last boyfriend through the head. Major is actually terminally ill with days to live, thanks to Blaine. Clive was nearly eaten by his partner's zombified boyfriend. And then went to a triple homicide case to discover that two of the bodies were his ex and a boy he had loved as a potential step-son. All within days of discovering that zombies exist and having to torpedo his relationship and possible FBI career in order to save the world from a zombie apocalypse. Considering that Peyton's reaction to discovering that zombies exist was to run away for a few months to get her head around it, even if it meant just leaving her boyfriend waiting for her to show up, she really needs to realise that her awful experience was pretty tame compared to what her friends are dealing with.

Ravi's reaction to discovering that while single she once had sex with a guy she didn't know was bad is totally dickish though.

To me Ravi I think accepted that before she knew who he was she hooked up with Blaine... It was gross and annoying to him but I think he was dealing but after that she still hung around Blaine and after her kidnapping she was even more attached even tho Ravi was there too..  So if I was Ravi id be pissed too and shes acted like she doesn't know why hes upset... I mean its not easy for exes to always be around each other but to be around when your hooked up with someone new and that someone new has ruined the lives of everyone you care about... Pshh come on Peyton... 

• Love 1

So Clive basically threw away a new career a great woman... Learns that people you care about have not only been lying to you but actively sabotaging your work...then almost get killed in a zombie riot more than once.. Then to lose Wally and his mom in the span of like 3 or 4 days...  The writers need someone to acknowledge what this brother has been through and either thank him or have him break down 

• Love 9

I'm loving all of the Linda Ronstadt love. Two of my cousins--23 and 26--had never heard of her, and I was sad, though I bet they've heard some of her songs and just don't know it.

Edited by dcalley
typo!
  • Love 5
On 4/19/2017 at 2:07 AM, GaT said:

Compared to Major and Blaine and Clive she doesn't have much of a storyline right now, so not the main character. Could change back, though.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:53 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I thought the friend was a dj at the cookout where all fo the fillmore-graves people were changed, not one of the group, just a bad gig.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Affogato said:

Compared to Major and Blaine and Clive she doesn't have much of a storyline right now, so not the main character. Could change back, though.

I thought the friend was a dj at the cookout where all fo the fillmore-graves people were changed, not one of the group, just a bad gig.

He was the DJ for the Fillmore Graves picnic.

I do find it weird that they never had regular brains, unless Vivian had figured out the brain paste thing before the picnic.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ketose said:

I do find it weird that they never had regular brains, unless Vivian had figured out the brain paste thing before the picnic.

Vivian was munching on Rob Thomas, so not a taboo, more like a luxury item?

It is odd they could get that many brains that fast and may be something of a plot point? There may be another player.

I suppose mashing and irradiating them and putting them in pouches easily the best way to store and transport and the brains of rice pickers would interfere with the workings of a modern office.

On 4/20/2017 at 10:58 PM, dcalley said:

I've loving all of the Linda Ronstadt love. Two of my cousins--23 and 26--had never heard of her, and I was sad, though I bet they've heard some of her songs and just don't know it.

My mum was a fan of hers, and my favourite songs were Blue Bayou, and When Will I Be Loved? 

@tennisgurl I would sign that petition. I loathe love triangles! and you know as soon as they sort this one out, it will be back between Liv, Major, and whomever one of them is involved with. 

If Justin was the cute guy in the living room, I hope they don't kill him off. They probably will, though. 

Loved the look on Ravi's face, when Liv realized she'd mixed up their lattes, and asked how anyone could drink almond milk. 

• Love 2
On 4/22/2017 at 9:22 AM, Affogato said:

Vivian was munching on Rob Thomas, so not a taboo, more like a luxury item?

It is odd they could get that many brains that fast and may be something of a plot point? There may be another player.

I figured that she and her zombie husband had already located a source of brains, and had stockpiled a bunch of brains for themselves - which they gave to the newly zombified mercenaries.

On 19/04/2017 at 11:30 PM, maxineofarc said:

I agree. I'm not feeling "ugh Peyton" nearly as much as some other commenters, but it might be just because Ravi is acting like such a goddamn Nice Guy this season and has turned my favorite character into someone who just puts my teeth on edge. Peyton was right when she said he's taking everything that's happened to her and made it all about him.

I'm annoyed at her ongoing involvement with Blaine - I mean, this was the person who nearly vomited when she found out who she'd slept with - but that doesn't change the fact that Ravi's being an asshole. Up to and including kissing her when he's got a woman in the other room that he just slept with. Peyton's right, he hasn't been there for her and he's constantly judging her. I love Ravi but I agree he's acting like Nice Guy. Not a good look.

• Love 1