Type keyword(s) to search

Episodes we'd like to see

• Start Topic

Since ratings are so high and they may be under contract, I would assume they will have a few more seasons at least.  I asked once before if anyone knew if this show was shown in the UK or Australia?  If so I would expect a "big trip" coming up. 

I'd love to see more of Jen at work, but I suppose Texas Children's puts limitations on that.

Bill is a CEO of some other business in NYC (other than the pet store) - have we seen or heard any more detail on that?  I only started watching last season and caught a few odd earlier episodes on rerun and youtube.

I would be interested in seeing the kids start school and see them learn, but of course with that comes the challenges too and then we get into possbile mild exploitation. 

Other than holidays, trips, birthdays, tea and crafts, I'm not sure what else they can do.  It may get old very fast.  that might be a good thing (for them!)

I don't believe Bill owns that company, Emerge, with his friend. I was looking online and the company is his friend's name with the slogan that they worked on together in an old episode. No longer Emerge. I am thinking he bought Bill out.

I want to see the entire family go to a Little People Convention. Do they even have little people friends. Jen has stated that friends of hers that are her size and smaller have had children, but we have never seen them. With the Roloffs, we saw other little couples, Zach had little friends, it just seemed more normal. It is as if they believe they are average sized and to be around little people will remind them that they are little as well.

I'd also like to see a genuine "day in the life"; that would mean no cutting from one scene to the next, but actually watching how Jen and Bill - without help - manage the children and household, if that's what we're being encouraged to believe.  But I'm not holding my breath!

I'd also like to see a genuine "day in the life"; that would mean no cutting from one scene to the next, but actually watching how Jen and Bill - without help - manage the children and household, if that's what we're being encouraged to believe.  But I'm not holding my breath!

You took the words right out of my un typed hands...lol. It will never happen. The next episode is a photoshoot and a trip to an aquarium it looks like. I think they want to keep up this perfect picture life of not needing help and doing everything independently. I've said it before but I don't think that Bill thinks he is a little person, I think he thinks he's just a short man. It would be interesting to see Jen taking the kids out alone, which I feel is not even possible but how she does it. We have yet to see her take either child out alone if I think back. She said she was having a mommy Will day but her mom came along and she conveniently stated that Jen didn't need her to come along, which basically means she needs her to come along. We have seen her with Zoey alone but with Bill dropping them off and you just see them out of the car. Any other time Nai Nai always comes along. Oh oh I have to put this in here, do you remember when they had Will and were going to Florida to visit Bills family but before they left there was an event for the pet store. During that episode Jen went off with Will alone, well with the camera person and Will had a meltdown because he wanted to go near the cars in the parking garage and Jen could barely hold on to him. I watch the episodes several times and I noticed that I saw Jens dad in the corner of the screen or trying to hide several times while she was "alone" with Will. He was with her the entire time and what is wrong with letting us know this. Do they think it makes them weak to need help?
  • Love 1

Why is it noteworthy that the Kleins have help along with going out anywhere with Will and Zoey? Of course they do. Due to their different dwarfism issues, they obviously have physical limitations preventing them from being able to do certain things [and a 6'6" Bill could have injured his back exercising the same way 4' Bill did, so being a little person isn't particular relevant either]. An average-statured person who became a paraplegic after a car accident would need help too, chauffeuring their own pre-schoolers around anywhere. I don't recall either Bill or Jen ever saying - at any point - "We plan on adopting children and by the way, we will be able to fully care for them ourselves. Without help, just the same as if we were average-statured..."

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

The educational component is pretty much gone. Now the focus seems to be about buying things, spending money and displaying wealth for viewers. I would like to see how Zoey takes piano lessons considering she cannot reach the pedals with her own legs and she cannot reach five consecutive keys on the keyboard, I would like to see what modifications have been made to the cars Jen and Bill drive to accomodate them.

• Love 1

I started taking piano lesson at 4. I was obviously not as small a Zoey. I sat on a phonebook (thank goodness we lived in LA so it was good sized) and you learn how to reach for your notes or "roll" your chord, just as I would do now if I was trying to reach an octave +3. Lots of kids can't reach the pedals.

• Love 2

The educational component is pretty much gone. Now the focus seems to be about buying things, spending money and displaying wealth for viewers. I would like to see how Zoey takes piano lessons considering she cannot reach the pedals with her own legs and she cannot reach five consecutive keys on the keyboard, I would like to see what modifications have been made to the cars Jen and Bill drive to accomodate them.

I seem to remember an episode showing modifications being put in their cars. And I know the same thing can be done for piano pedals. I had a piano teacher with modified pedals. She was not a little person but she had limb difficulties. This was long ago so I am sure it has evolved.

• Love 3

That the kind of thing I would like to see. Zoey playing a piano and being able to make sounds on a keyboard in a structured way, being creative and expressing herself in a different medium.

Edited by Snow8585

The questions I have are all centered around their everyday life. I'd like to see is a genuine, regular, garden-variety day around the house when not a single special thing occurs. Not days when they jet to another city, or throw a $5K birthday party for a 4-year old child at a 5-star hotel, or visit a pumpkin patch or a firehouse. Just a boringly-random weekday, when Jen is working a regular day at the hospital and Bill is home as we've been told is now their routine. I'm assuming Kate would be there. What does she do? Does she deal only with the kids and their needs? Or are household duties on her docket while the kids are at school or napping? Maybe Kate is not expected to do double-duty as a housekeeper. Then who does mop those gorgeous dark floors? Who does laundry? Goes to the market?  Washes windows? Dusts that two-story barn of a great room? If there is outside help, who supervises? How much uninterrupted work time does Bill actually get? Does Kate transport kids back & forth to school and other appointments at times? Does she work full or part-time? How much of a Mr Mom does Bill need to be when neither Kate nor Jen is present? Let's see Will & Zoey being taken to school. Or not. It's very likely they don't attend school daily. Most pre-K programs [especially private ones] that do not involve a daycare component are not daily. Typically younger kids [2-3 years] go twice a week and older kids [4-5 years] go 3x a week. How do Will & Zoey accompany their time when home? Etc etc. 

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 3