Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

• Start Topic

THANK YOU for starting this thread ... I can attest that I am anticipating madly, as are my daughter AND my husband ... and it's a very rare meeting in the middle of that three-way Venn Diagram when all three of us fall madly in love with a pilot.

That it was a Palladino production certainly gave it cred as GG was a huge part of my daughter and my history, but I really cannot remember a pilot or single episode of anything I enjoyed as much as I did this, and I think it has so much potential to spawn so many different side plots. 

I grew up as a (maybe not so) nice Jewish girl in Manhattan in the 60s (and 70s) so there's also that nice bit of familiar nostalgia for me.

Getting the text from our daughter with the announcement it had been picked up for TWO seasons was one of the highlights of 2017 for me so far ... do we know air date yet?

While I really liked the pilot, I wonder about how much long-term narrative potential there is in the show's premise. It has to be more than the rise of a comic in the late 50's/ 60's, right?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, clack said:

While I really liked the pilot, I wonder about how much long-term narrative potential there is in the show's premise. It has to be more than the rise of a comic in the late 50's/ 60's, right?

No? It's a combo coming of age/star is born story. (Gilmore Girls ran for 6 seasons without a plot beyond mother-and-daughter team navigate life.)

Edited by taragel

Gilmore Girls set-up a number of plot generators. MMM has set-up only 4 so far : 1) relationship with her manager, 2) relationship with her parents 3) relationship with her son, and 4) climbing the professional comic ladder of success.

The series will need more characters, and a greater variety of situations.

• Love 1