Type keyword(s) to search

Home Town - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They don't have the resource guide available yet (there's a link from the Home Town tab on the Laurel Mercantile page. 

https://www.laurelmercantile.com/blogs/journal/home-town-season-6-the-thornton-house

It shows the round table in the breakfast nook, and the dining table.

Here's the link to the Season 6 homes, and will have a resource guide when the episode is posted.   It will be Season 6 Episode 4, The Thornton House.   It's a slipcover on the sofa in the picture, but the resource guide will say where the sofa came from.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I watch the “ memories”show last night. I don’t remember the original ever airing. And I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every show. I know he was sentimental about his fathers cabin but I loved the second house. I would have loved to see what they could do to it.  

That was the cabin with Ricky the Buzzard living in it.     And massive amounts of water damage, and rot.     

I'm wondering if we'll still have new episodes in February, while the Winter Olympics are airing?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Tonight's new episode is amazing.  "Grand Millennial" Rebekah's dad (I think ) had 13 siblings, and virtually everyone still lives in Jones County.    She's moving back to Laurel to stay, from Jackson.       

The first house is so nice, on nice property, and includes a neighbor's tame deer (a wild running adult doe, but apparently the neighborhood pet).     This house is further out of town, than house #2.     

Second house has a pond, I'm not liking that.   I would worry about snakes, and alligators.   I'm not fond of the idea of changing the very long 1 car garage into the primary ensuite bathroom into the ensuite, and big closet.   I'd rather have the garage left alone.    The plan is that the main bedroom and ensuite would be done, but some rooms would be left alone, for a later renovation. 

I hope she picks house 1.  Erin and Rebekah's friend learning to clog are hysterical. 

She picked house #2.      The malfuctioning garage door is so funny, since it turns out to be Ben with the remote.

The old house that they salvaged wood from was built by Rebekah's uncle, built using a saw, hammer and nails, and used his fingers to measure an inch and his arm from wrist to elbow for a foot was so interesting.   Yes, the house started to come down when they pulled the wood off of the inside walls.  

I love the house.    I like the colors, and it's such a nice change from the remodelers trends of white/gray/black.   The pink is so subtle, and I love the kitchen with the pink. 

The primary suite colors are beautiful, Making the luggage into a jewelry holder is so cute.   I love that Rebekah's cousin owns the Lucky Rabbit store.      I love the ensuite shower.  The tile in the shower is spectacular.    The wood from the uncle's old house is so pretty.   The bathroom is so well color coordinated.    I love it. 

I still think that she needs a garage for storage, and for the car.   Unloaded during the rain will be miserable.       

If anyone wants to see the story and the resource guide or paint colors, go to the Laurel Mercantile site, click on Home Town, and go to Season 6, and they have a little story about it, and the resources used in the episode.    You can read the Journal Post about it, or the Resource guide.   Someone asked about the sofa on the Donelle Thornton house, (Season 6 Episode 3), and it was from Rowe furniture, so it wasn't the homeowner's original sofa with a slip cover.   Here's the resource guide for Season 6:

https://www.laurelmercantile.com/pages/home-town-season-6

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I couldn’t believe they got rid of the garage in order to find space for the bathroom. Surely in a house that size they could have reconfigured somewhere else to find the space. Remember, they are in prime tornado and hail country. You really have to have a garage or your car will be in the repair shop several times a year!

Edited by JJ1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
Spoiler

"No spoiler for you!" - The Spoiler Nazi

What an episode of weird choices and proposals.

First, who wants a giant, almost full wall window facing the road, driveway, and front walkway in your bathroom?  You're going to have the blinds closed any time you use it, so what's the point? (Or maybe she's an exhibitionist...)  And the closet is in the back of it, too.  Bet the blinds are just left closed the entire time, but those thin white blinds are probably going to show her shadow form at night, looking out during the final walk thru I could see the driveway and grass through the closed blinds.  Plus more energy waste with those big useless windows instead of a wall and traditional bathroom windows.  Less protection since bathrooms are often the tornado shelter for southern homes on flat ground.

At least there was a carport remaining next to the new bathroom, though odd how the driveway ended before reaching it.

Second, was the kitchen proposal in the other house not chosen.  It was a narrow, dead end U-shaped kitchen but did have a big window hole between the kitchen and the dining room with the stove on that side.  They wanted to close off that opening into a full length wall, not add any width, and flip the stove and fridge to the opposite sides?  Again, why?  That opening seems incredibly useful.  Saves time and steps in passing food to the dining table, can use as a serving bar while keeping the kitchen less crowded, and less isolated while cooking and serving.  Can face those in the dining room with the stove on that side.  Getting rid of that seems bonkers, what's the advantage in walling off the kitchen?  Unless you want to be able to slip into the kitchen and quietly gossip in sign language, I don't get it.

Edited by pep4
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Just curious - why are posters using spoiler tags?

I think I posted before it had been shown on regular, live TV. I get Discovery Plus and they put the show out there early. People sometimes get upset if you talk about it before they’ve even had a chance to see it.

I would remove the spoiler tag now, but I don’t know how to do that. 🤷‍♀️

On 1/31/2022 at 10:14 AM, JJ1 said:

I think I posted before it had been shown on regular, live TV. I get Discovery Plus and they put the show out there early. People sometimes get upset if you talk about it before they’ve even had a chance to see it.

I would remove the spoiler tag now, but I don’t know how to do that. 🤷‍♀️

You click the edit button, copy what you put in the spoiler box.   Then paste below the box in the regular section.   Then, you click on the box that is showing above the spoiler box (a square with some arrows pointing out), and when you hit delete, it should go away.   It may take a try or two to get rid of the spoiler box if you're as bad as I am at it.    Also, if you get a quote box and want to get rid of it, just hit delete until everything below it is gone, and then hit delete until the quote box goes away. 

I put it in spoiler boxes, when the show hasn't played in all of the time zones yet.   Another poster kindly reminded me of that on another thread.   Some people don't want to know which house they picked, or what happened and want to see the reveal when it's aired.       So, I put things like that in spoiler, and then hopefully, I'll remember to go back and removed the spoiler box the next day or so. 

I liked the house remodel, and the shower especially with that spectacular tile, but I still would have wanted the garage.          The only solution I can imagine for car coverage is a huge, solid car port with a covered walkway to the house.    Instead of removing the garage, 

I would have put an addition on the main bedroom with a bathroom, and with a giant closet attached, and used the closet as a safe room.   Often, the guest bath is a windowless room, on the middle of the house, so that's a good safe room too.   

(I live in lower Alabama, and my safe room is my main bedroom closet, but I could use the guest bath also, no windows in there either).     For tornado shelters you can either have an in-ground one (not my choice), or a concrete lined safe room (attached to the house, and often an additional bathroom or something like that, or use an interior room without windows.    You can also get a big metal one, attached to the concrete slab, some put that in the garage, or just outside the house in the back yard.     A storm cellar far from the house like that barn site, was too far.   

For the bathroom windows, maybe they ordered frosted glass to put up, it takes a while to get that ordered and installed, the glass companies offer so many sizes and finishes, that they don't keep much of it on hand, but order it in.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Less protection since bathrooms are often the tornado shelter 

Exactly, because bathrooms are often reinforced (or at least built-in tubs were). This had a freestanding tub close to a huge window. I’m surprised that, having experienced a massive tornado fairly recently, Ben and Erin set up her old friend this way. I liked all the pink stuff, though. Surprise.

Maybe she’ll take down the old barn and put up something that can function as a shelter? You don’t always get enough warning to get to the safer home of one of your multitude of cousins!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, JJ1 said:
7 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Wow. I can see spoiler tags for a show like Jeopardy!, but a house renovation show? Okie dokie.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2022 at 8:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The old house that they salvaged wood from was built by Rebekah's uncle, built using a saw, hammer and nails, and used his fingers to measure an inch and his arm from wrist to elbow for a foot was so interesting. 

This was my favorite part of the show. I love hearing about the old ways.

I loved the pale pink, which I have in my dining and living rooms. I customized the color trying to match it to the interior paint of some adobe homes in Santa Fe. It shifts beautifully in sunlight and shade.

Ben and Erin have some fantastic skilled craftspeople - floors, tile, and the young woman who is a project manager and jackie-of-all-trades.

• Love 6
On 2/3/2022 at 9:41 AM, pasdetrois said:

the young woman who is a project manager and jackie-of-all-trades.

I see what you did there. Cute!

I agree about their talented tradespeople. Their flooring guy, Mike, does a fabulous job. My husband has installed new hardwood in several rooms of our house and the knees take a beating. But what Mike does with repairing and blending old with new is fantastic and hard work!

• Love 8

I love the new episode "The Zen Room" of the two people retiring from California to Laurel, because they simply can't afford to retire in California, Deanna and Scott.    I was so happy to see the resale shop that supports the Helen house foundation, and that Jesse and Lauren have the frame shop.    

I love the house and what they did.    I love what the Mexican tiles on the fire place look like, and the porch swings and furniture out of the bourbon or wine barrels.      The refinished floors are spectacular.  Ben's rework of the kitchen cabinet into the book case is lovely.    The paper art is lovely.    I love the kitchen with the Mexican hand painted tiles, and the authentic floor.   David did a lovely job on the tile as usual.  I love the expanded deck.  

I think the husband was totally thrilled with the house, and that they will have a comfortable retirement, in that lovely house, and their decision to retire there was right.    That house was everything they wanted in a home.   

If they ever change their mind about the open shelves, then I bet Ben or the cabinet maker could do some upper cabinets and install them pretty quickly.    (Thanks for reminding me about the fact the home owners already moved to Laurel, I missed that).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

The couple said they had already retired and moved to Laurel.  I think she opted for open shelving to make it fit more into the historical nature of the house.  Personally I just think about dust but that's just me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RoxiP said:

The couple said they had already retired and moved to Laurel.  I think she opted for open shelving to make it fit more into the historical nature of the house.  Personally I just think about dust but that's just me.

Dust and grease.  Even if you are very careful, cooking aerosolizes oil and it gets deposited on everything on the shelves and the dust sticks nicely, making everything feel gummy. I don't think I've ever seen a historical home that didn't originally have cabinets with doors. Not a lot of cabinets, but plates and pantry items were kept grime-free in between uses.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, izabella said:

I can see having open shelves in a separate pantry with a door, but not in the kitchen itself. 

Even can see it in a vacation rental for the reasons given above - people see what they have to use...but most VRBOs I have stayed in have professions clean after each rental so it probably would stay cleaner than if somebody like me lived there full time.  

• Love 4

Another episode where we don't see the rest of the house.  Bedrooms would probably only need paint, but what about the two bathrooms?  They have already spent all their money to redo the living areas, but they'll probably need to renovate their bathrooms, and that will be expensive.  I liked the episodes they've renovated of small houses where they'd redone all the rooms.

• Love 6
On 2/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, RoxiP said:

Open shelving was not what was original. I hate open shelves. 
I also do not like when people fit an entirely different type of decor into a beautiful vintage home. The Mexican style kitchen etc. did not fit the house it looked ridiculous. Also did not like the blue color.  That house was a steal if I would’ve purchased it I would’ve made it more to the original beauty it did really not need a lot of work what a bargain.

20 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Another episode where we don't see the rest of the house.  Bedrooms would probably only need paint, but what about the two bathrooms?  They have already spent all their money to redo the living areas, but they'll probably need to renovate their bathrooms, and that will be expensive.  I liked the episodes they've renovated of small houses where they'd redone all the rooms.

Yes I agree completely a little less of Erin & her artsy farts  usually meh craft projects and more of the house please.  let’s see the bathroom let’s see the bedroom they do this on house hunters also it’s so frustrating less nonsense gabbing and more actual viewing of the home. 

• Love 3
On 2/8/2022 at 11:52 AM, DonnaMae said:

Especially in a vintage home of that era I want to see if the bathrooms are original because there is nothing more beautiful imo. It breaks my heart when people rip out tile walls & floor tile &  vintage fixtures. I actually put together a 1920s bathroom with original fixtures in my home because they are beautiful. 

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 6

But that is what the buyers apparently wanted.  They provided the authentic Mexican tile.  They expressed their love for color.  It is their house and their money.  I did like that Erin tried to keep the outside as true to the character of the house as possible.

• Love 7

I bet a lot of times the homeowner only remodels the living, dining, kitchen, and maybe one bathroom, and the primary bedroom, and do the rest later.   Or the other rooms only need paint, or other minor work, and they aren't dramatic. 

On House Hunters there have been several couples looking for a weekend place, later retirement place in Palm Springs, or even San Diego (I consider San Diego very high cost, but I guess it's cheaper than San Francisco), because they can only afford to rent in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Silicon Valley, Palo Alto.     

You have to wait a while after the episode airs, but to see the resource guide go to laurelmercantile . com, click on Home Town, and Season 6, and you can see the resource guide for all of the furniture, and paint colors.     If you want to read Erin's journal article about the project, click on Journal, and the little article about the episode, with more pictures, are on that page.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet a lot of times the homeowner only remodels the living, dining, kitchen, and maybe one bathroom, and the primary bedroom, and do the rest later.   Or the other rooms only need paint, or other minor work, and they aren't dramatic. 

Yes but I  still want to see them. 😊

• Love 7

I loved the decor because I love Mexico and the American southwest. Tiles/pottery and textiles are among the best things. Unlike many of Erin's craft projects, I appreciated the take on papel picado. But agree the decor did not fit the house's vintage period.

I appreciated the reality of the homeowners' explanation that they can afford to work in California but not retire there. That's true in many expensive communities these days and a real problem for those facing retirement.

I have a 1920s Craftsman home and I've kept it true to its time period. No shelves or cabinets on the upper kitchen walls (but I understand that's not practical for people with lots of stuff). I think there are only two shows that do true restoration - one in California and one in the midwest. Erin and Ben talk a lot about preserving Laurel homes but they don't do restorations; no doubt that is what Laurel homeowners want.

Ben's old-stuff finds are clearly staged, but he's such a sweet and kind soul that I forgive him. Being from south MS, I have heard of the Kiln whisky company.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I loved the decor because I love Mexico and the American southwest. Tiles/pottery and textiles are among the best things. Unlike many of Erin's craft projects, I appreciated the take on papel picado. But agree the decor did not fit the house's vintage period.

I appreciated the reality of the homeowners' explanation that they can afford to work in California but not retire there. That's true in many expensive communities these days and a real problem for those facing retirement.

I have a 1920s Craftsman home and I've kept it true to its time period. No shelves or cabinets on the upper kitchen walls (but I understand that's not practical for people with lots of stuff). I think there are only two shows that do true restoration - one in California and one in the midwest. Erin and Ben talk a lot about preserving Laurel homes but they don't do restorations; no doubt that is what Laurel homeowners want.

Ben's old-stuff finds are clearly staged, but he's such a sweet and kind soul that I forgive him. Being from south MS, I have heard of the Kiln whisky company.

“Restored”! The best. 

• Love 6

Sunday evenings, central time zone is 8 to 9 p.m.    However, because of the Olympics, and Super Bowl, they've been reruns, or enhanced episodes with commentary.     The shows for the next two Sundays seem to be the commentary ones, or reruns.   I don't know if they'll be other episodes, or if this was the season.    

I did look and the press releases say there are 16 episodes this season, and we're not even close to that.  

I know Erin and Ben do what the homeowners want, but I wish they would have done the same theme of the tiles, and contemporary, open kitchen, in a house that wasn't such a different style.    I know the homeowners loved the kitchen, but I don't think it fit with the house at all.    I would love to see a tradional looking kitchen in the same space.   

But if the homeowners are happy, and get what they pay for, then I guess that's OK.    I would have liked a different floor color instead, but I hope the homeowners are happy with the outcome, and enjoy their house.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
On 2/9/2022 at 7:05 AM, chediavolo said:

Open shelving was not what was original. I hate open shelves. 
I also do not like when people fit an entirely different type of decor into a beautiful vintage home. The Mexican style kitchen etc. did not fit the house it looked ridiculous. Also did not like the blue color.  That house was a steal if I would’ve purchased it I would’ve made it more to the original beauty it did really not need a lot of work what a bargain.

Yes I agree completely a little less of Erin & her artsy farts  usually meh craft projects and more of the house please.  let’s see the bathroom let’s see the bedroom they do this on house hunters also it’s so frustrating less nonsense gabbing and more actual viewing of the home. 

I hate open shelves and open concept.  And am total agreement that the design did not fit the house.  The beautiful hardwood floors clashed with those awful orange walls. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, jrzy said:

I hate open shelves and open concept.  And am total agreement that the design did not fit the house.  The beautiful hardwood floors clashed with those awful orange walls. 

I feel, if you can afford it, and a lot of these home buyers have plenty of cash, (don’t get me started on amounts of money people have to buy a house it really makes me feel depressed.) don’t ruin a beautifully kept , original detail vintage home and stick your completely opposite, Mexican, decor into it it looks ridiculous. Just buy a more modern house that fits your style. That kitchen was hideous

• Love 7

The new episode with the nurse is fun, "Campy Cabin Vibes".   

Interesting that Erin said Laurel prices have shot up, and there is an inventory shortage there also.    Since the young man was a travel nurse for a while, I bet he has a lot of down payment, or maybe all in cash for a house.   Under $200k houses are getting scarse in Laurel from what Erin and Ben said, so for an all in budget, $150k to $180k, the house hunter  had to tour and put in an offer quickly.   

The first house yellow and red kitchen is awful.  I'm glad the house hunter likes butcher block counters, I hate them, and would rather have a nice laminate.  I don't like the proposal to have the only bathroom entry from the dining nook/kitchen. 

I like the second potential house so much better.  If they wanted to keep the layout, and the cabinets were solid, then a coat of paint or reface them would have been very affordable.   I can't believe Luke wants butcher block counter tops over Quartz.    I like that this house has two bathrooms. 

I like the house he chose, and what Erin and Ben did for it.   I love the artwork, and plants, and everything else Luke's grandmother contributed.  Erin's right, this isn't Luke's forever home, it's his home for now, and in a few years he'll move up to another house for that stage in his life.   I love the ping pong table/game table/dining table.   

I think the second house would have been a better choice for Luke.   It would be a forever home, not a five year home like the first house.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I hated the travel nurse's choice of house #1.  It just seemed like a cheaply and poorly constructed home. It didn't look like it belonged in a suburban neighborhood, but rather in the woods. The 2nd house was a much more solidly built house. I guess because it cost more, Erin's plan was to reuse the cabinetry, which was kind of awful, imo. 

I didn't feel like the bathroom had to be that large for a single guy, and by annexing the hallway, the bathroom feels disjointed, because it is still 2 different rooms and I don't like bath vanities outside of the bath.

By opening up the back porch, they got rid of the laundry. Where did they put it?

I did like the personal touches from his grandparents' house, although I would have gotten rid of the rust on the work table in the kitchen. I don't mind a little dinge, as Ben likes to say, but I don't like rust and peeling paint.

Oh, and that ping pong table Ben made was amazing and I loved the display console.

• Love 5

Hanging a piece of art over the stove?  No. Just no.  Never.

Loved the table, found the living room to be too dark for my taste.

The butcher block counter was a pretty colour but I would prefer quartz.  I suspect we will be seeing more of them since Ben recently opened a Scotsman butcher block factory in Laurel. 
Still like the show but I am not enjoying the designs as much this year.  And the silly antics remind me of Chip Gaines.  

• Love 5

I found it surprising hearing Erin want to save a screened in porch. I’m much more used to them dismissing screened in porches especially when I remember older episodes where they were always in agreement with the homeowners to dismantle them. It was also funny to hear her call out open concept when I know it’s something I’ve seen them support too. But I guess she did specify that they were against it in the 1930’s house. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Barlowe said:

I found it surprising hearing Erin want to save a screened in porch. I’m much more used to them dismissing screened in porches especially when I remember older episodes where they were always in agreement with the homeowners to dismantle them. It was also funny to hear her call out open concept when I know it’s something I’ve seen them support too. But I guess she did specify that they were against it in the 1930’s house. 

Yes Erin, that statement was was a little ironic! 🙄

• Love 2

I believe there is a lot more homeowner input on these shows that what we are seen (I know I've heard them say they meet with the homeowners and go over an extensive checklist).  I suspect when the homeowners specify an open concept that's what they do - after all - it's their house and their money - they should get what they want regardless of whether it might not be the contractor/design team preference.  

• Love 6
(edited)

It's almost as if Erin and Ben have been reading our posts. Where's the screen porch? Mosquitoes nine months out of the year! I'm sick of open concept, especially for a vintage home!

That ping pong table was sublime.

I understand Erin's reasons for not putting in a tile backsplash, but how will the homeowner protect the shiplap from splashed water?

I appreciate the butcher block because I'm sick of HGTV countertops.

Erin's sense of color was on display - that dark wood with blue/gray painted trim was beautifully done.

I know another traveling nurse from MS - she did indeed save a lot for a south MS home base.

Despite the rickety porch, that little bungalow was probably very well-built. Mine is very simple but solid as a rock at 100 years. Carpenters still marvel at my original beveled porch trim, which I took for granted until someone explained it to me (allows rain water to slide off).

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7
(edited)

The back splash was painted, and I bet it was eggshell, or satin, or semi-gloss, and that washes well.   If it ever stains, it will be easy to put another layer of paint on it.   

For kitchens, and bathrooms, I like semi-gloss paint.   It goes on quickly, washes well, and lasts a long time.  My tip for keeping paint you want to match, put a nice, thick swatch on a styrofoam plate (the ones that are very cheap), let it dry, and write the company name, paint name and number, and the paint finish (semi-gloss, etc) on the plate.  Then when you want more paint, you take the painted plate, the paint store uses a paint color scanner, and can give you the same shade, even if the name changed, or they no longer have that exact mixture available.       I also put paint in a plastic paint bucket with a cover, the funny thing is the buckets are cheap, the lid cost more than the bucket.    I have opened too many cans of paint, and the metal lid and bucket rusted. 

Erin picks the colors the homeowners like, and I love her taste when she picks shades, and what will coordinate in the house.     Some other shows seem to just toss things together that aren't harmonious, 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Tonight's new episode "Sweet Tea Dreams" is the Leggett farm, that's been in the wife's family for six generations.  Thomas and Hillary are spending $100,000 to turn the house into an event space, do sales, and have tours.   The couple are starting a tea farm.   There are some others in the U.S., and even another one in Mississippi.   They want to turn the house into an event space, and have  tours and tea tastings.  House was built in 1926.   It's a lovely house already.    

As they put it "From the Pluck to the Cup".   Erin's idea is to use the living room as the entry for the house, with point of sale.   Erin wants to turn the one smaller bedroom into a bathroom, and have a suite for guests to stay in the house, and maybe an on-site manager someday.    Also, they need to put in ramps, and other modifications to make the house accessible, and also so anyone can go on tours.    Have a big tasting area in the dining area.   Also, a great court yard area, accessible with a ramp from the French doors from the dining room, and a nice deck and ramp.   

I love the bead board ceiling.  The slam dump contest for the dumpster was fun. 

My guess is the septic system will have to be replaced and enlarged, and I bet the house will have to get all new electric, and plumbing, unless it was updated. 

I love that the landscaper told them how to propagate the Sweet Olive tree, and they could replant the Camelias.  

Ben, Jim, and the mayor are judges for the Slam Dunk contest organized by the tea compnay owners.     Josh competed, they lowered the goal for him. 

I love the sign Prince Sign Co. made "Longleaf Tea Co.".  The sign looks spectacular.  I love the outdoor space.   I love the two 12 ft. tables Ben built.     I love the former living room, changed to the merchandising room.    I love the guest suite, or future manager's room.   The ADA bathroom looks so nice.   The kitchen is so much better.   The tea leave colors Erin used for inspiration fit the house so well.  

• Love 4

and I bet the house will have to get all new electric, and plumbing, unless it was updated. 

Hope it was, would hate to mar all that new cosmetic work!

Ben’s tables  looked fantastic. Was there any kind of kitchen? I don’t recall seeing it, but one’s needed so maybe they left the existing one (off the tasting room) alone?