Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Home Town

You could see on Ben's face that the termite or house inspection wasn't on him--and he was pissed. It kinda busts anybody's bubble that the house wasn't already bought when they came on board, though--or makes Ben and Erin look amateurish. Oops.

I haven't picked up Erin being rude to Ben, but I'll watch for that. Otoh, I've been known to finish someone's sentences. Rude, you say?

• Like 2

Honestly, how could anyone miss that amount of damage?  That inspector needs to lose his/her license.  I would think the homeowner is owed some sort of compensation for an omission of that magnitude.

Yes, Ben was angry.  The homeowner did not seem very concerned, all things considered.

I am definitely going to watch the episode again when it is available on demand. 

• Like 1

Not all states license inspectors either.     Just because someone is the realtor's favorite home inspector doesn't mean they're competent.   

I would have passed on that house from the issues under the house, with inadequate supports, and the brick needing to be redone on the skirting.    I'm wondering if they house was bought for cash, because that would mean no appraisal, or inspections required.     

Yes, all of the remodeling shows, and the house hunting shows, the home is already bought before the show films.    So the house hunt is always staged.    

Erin and Ben always finish each other's sentences.    Don't forget that often the talking head portions are probably shot a bunch of times.   So people start running over each other, and screwing up their lines.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NJMom said:

Loved the finished house but could not believe how many times Erin was dismissive of Ben when he would start to talk.

I know, right? What was wrong with that front door that Ben wanted to keep? I would rather listen to Ben than listen to Erin and her BFF. 

Why didn’t they keep the front porch screened in (I mean get new screening and all). Be more usable that way.

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If not the home inspector, then the termite inspection should have found the damages under the house.   The damage was so obvious even from the small screen.    I wonder if a termite inspection was skipped?     Since the homeowner bought before applying for the show, then it's certainly not on Ben or Erin.   I know having a huge bath is common now, but I would have kept two bathrooms, even though they were small.    If the homeowner was willing to go with one bath, then the first house would have been a better deal.   

Really. I couldn’t believe they got rid of one bathroom. If the HH has guests, they will have to use her en suite bathroom. I don’t see why bathrooms have to be the size of a bedroom now. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Really. I couldn’t believe they got rid of one bathroom. If the HH has guests, they will have to use her en suite bathroom. I don’t see why bathrooms have to be the size of a bedroom now. 

The house still has two bathrooms, apparently they didn’t have time to show that because of the termite situation.

So it was really a three bath house?   Because on rewatching, they found the termites by taking the wall down between the two original bathrooms, to combine them to the master bath.   And there was another full door on the hall side to the master bath too.     It's so confusing to see the before and after, I wish there was a 3-d floor plan of before and after.  

I'm wondering if the house was a cash purchase?   In that case, no appraisal or inspections required by a bank, since there isn't one.   Just because someone claims they're a home inspector, doesn't mean they're competent.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I don't know about Mississippi, but when we bought houses in Louisiana and Georgia they had to pass a termite inspection before the bank would grant the mortgage approval. We had to present a "termite letter" at the closings, even when refinancing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

The house still has two bathrooms, apparently they didn’t have time to show that because of the termite situation.

I thought they said it was a two bathroom house. Where was the third bathroom?