Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Playtime

2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I loathe Aria and Ezra together. I think a lot of people on these forums do actually but I've always been aware that they are an otp of the show. They were never NOT going to end up together and I still doubt that Nicole is a real threat, it's just a thing to be an obstacle for the remaining episodes. Why I don't know..

that is how i felt no real reason to bring Nicole on the show it all started back in 06x06 you could see Aria was Jealous that he was talking to Nicole but he was trying to move on cause she was going to college still never understood why they went with the story line she went missing in Columbia

Edited by Froippi
3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Not at all. 

Aria is a pretty wretched person, but I think she'd improve with Jason, Holden (though I'm betting he turns out to be gay so IMK can say "see?  we did have a gay male on the show!"), Liam, or even no one for a while (focus on her career kinda thing).

The only pairing for Ezra I'll be happy with is him and a grand piano plummeting out of a 4th story window.

Her and Jason would be a good couple

Edited by dmc
  • Love 2

Add me to the ride til PLL dies train, it takes a lot to make me drop a show, I've hung in this far, only what, 9 more eps left? We can do this, ya'll.

Awful ep with only a few bright spots: the board game (I would so buy it along with the girls game pieces and set it up in our den to creep out my boyfriend), Spencer and her can't stop/won't stop, my hero Paige for not putting up with Ali's shit, and of course my queen Mona. 

Honorable mention goes to Jenna, still delightfully creepy as hell. 

• Love 4

The girls need to start investigating professional board game designers in their area.

Deleted scene:

*Peter joins baby Spencer and Veronica in the car*

Peter: Alright, that's done, let's get her home.

Veronica: What a shame that we're going to have to miss the Kahn's Film Noir themed costume party that everyone in town was planning to attend tonight.

Peter: Yes, our towns odd penchant for themed costume parties and antiques handily explains all sorts of anachronisms.

Deleted scene 2:

May, after the meeting with team Class of 2012: "I'm too old for this shit."

• Love 7

Am I the only one who is expecting Ali's doctor to be in for some sort of "fake pregnancy" plot? I don't think they will go with the pregnancy until the delivery and a baby, something will probably happen before.

And if the situation is as we see it, why doesn't Ali go and get an abortion? Or did she find  out too late?

12 hours ago, mac123x said:

The only pairing for Ezra I'll be happy with is him and a grand piano plummeting out of a 4th story window.

Ha, that would be awesome! I'd be okay with the OTP being Ezra and the side of a cliff, Wile E. Coyote style.

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

Am I the only one who is expecting Ali's doctor to be in for some sort of "fake pregnancy" plot? I don't think they will go with the pregnancy until the delivery and a baby, something will probably happen before.

And if the situation is as we see it, why doesn't Ali go and get an abortion? Or did she find  out too late?

I think all of the scenes of Alison going to church in the recent past were supposed to give us the "Ali won't have an abortion" vibe. If the show were going to last beyond S7, I don't think they would saddle her with a kid but since the show is ending I think she's going to end up having the baby. I mean, I wouldn't want to have a baby fathered by the dickwad who scammed me for all my money, but I'm sure Ali keeping the baby will be part of her redemption arc (even though in my head I know it will come off way too Teen Mom: "I'm going to love this baby unconditionally and she will have to love me too!").

• Love 1

I didn't mind the board game. Old school with new touches (maybe a 3D printer). Was only interest in Spencer's scenes, dumb as they were.  Hanna's dress & business - so fug. Ezriaole - yawn.  School scenes - way too old for this shit.  Can barely remember who Holden is/was. Secret night club or something? What's the point? Marco Fury still has an amusing name, but we don't really need a new cop. Re-use one of the other millions.

Gimme some horror/action/a bone.  At least make Mona do something better.

As for Caleb, wanted to FF. He's now just one of those ornaments that the main character fucks in movies - only he's male.

At least Toby's wife wasn't fridged. Coma ain't much better though.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think it leans more toward the side on: "Well, if Ali gets an abortion, then we can't have a story about her having Emily's babies, so....". Otherwise, yet another plot point that should be going one way, but is veering off the track, right into a bunch of cliffs. 

• Love 1

I finally got to watch it. I think I feel dizzy. I honestly cannot keep up with all the stories, especially after such a long gap between the last season. I still like the show, but I can't enjoy it as much as I'd like because it's become so convoluted.

And now there's some noisy board game in a box with a big bow? 

• Love 1

So, because this show wasn't ridiculous enough, we have the girls playing the Board Game of Death (I would be less horrified by that game, and more impressed by the craftsmanship), Spencer actually being the daughter of Mary, and whatever is going on with Jenna and the Blue Man Group. Go home show, your drunk again.

For real though. The Murder House the girls were held prisoner in was more realistic building then that game. This world sure does have a lot of weirdoes committed to spending TONS of time and money on these elaborate revenge schemes against people only tangentially involved with why they're so angry.  

I just cant with Aria and Ezra anymore. Did they seriously not speak a word to each other since he run off to Colombia to pick up his girlfriend from the "Columbian revolutionaries" and then came home with her? Would she have never even known about it if she hadn't happened to walk by a TV conveniently showing their reunion on the news? I thought the biggest issue in their relationship was their foundation of lies, betrayal, and statutory rape, but it might ACTUALLY be a severe lack of basic communication skills! I swear, if I'm ever starting to get serious with anyone, I'm going to make sure they weren't previously seriously involved with someone who disappeared and is presumed dead. I refuse to deal with the drama when they inevitably show up at a super inconvenient time.

Spencer, your mom is still your mom. It sucks that everyone lied to you, but you should really be used to it by now. Its not like you've ever been super honest with your parents.

Shut up Ali. I do like seeing her channel her inner mean girl again, instead of all this Saint Ali crap, but it just comes right the hell out of nowhere. Why is she so pissed off at Paige? Because she's jealous? Then stop jerking poor Emily around or back off! I cant say I'm a huge Paige fan, but at least she seems to have moved on from high school bullshit, unlike Ali. However, I prefer bitch Ali over victim Ali any day of the week.

• Love 7

that the thing though Aria knew they were serious previously before she started with Ezra again she was aware of it but she never knew that she would show backup alive again her worst fear realized

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

So, because this show wasn't ridiculous enough, we have the girls playing the Board Game of Death (I would be less horrified by that game, and more impressed by the craftsmanship), Spencer actually being the daughter of Mary, and whatever is going on with Jenna and the Blue Man Group. Go home show, your drunk again.

For real though. The Murder House the girls were held prisoner in was more realistic building then that game. This world sure does have a lot of weirdoes committed to spending TONS of time and money on these elaborate revenge schemes against people only tangentially involved with why they're so angry.  

I just cant with Aria and Ezra anymore. Did they seriously not speak a word to each other since he run off to Colombia to pick up his girlfriend from the "Columbian revolutionaries" and then came home with her? Would she have never even known about it if she hadn't happened to walk by a TV conveniently showing their reunion on the news? I thought the biggest issue in their relationship was their foundation of lies, betrayal, and statutory rape, but it might ACTUALLY be a severe lack of basic communication skills! I swear, if I'm ever starting to get serious with anyone, I'm going to make sure they weren't previously seriously involved with someone who disappeared and is presumed dead. I refuse to deal with the drama when they inevitably show up at a super inconvenient time.

Spencer, your mom is still your mom. It sucks that everyone lied to you, but you should really be used to it by now. Its not like you've ever been super honest with your parents.

Shut up Ali. I do like seeing her channel her inner mean girl again, instead of all this Saint Ali crap, but it just comes right the hell out of nowhere. Why is she so pissed off at Paige? Because she's jealous? Then stop jerking poor Emily around or back off! I cant say I'm a huge Paige fan, but at least she seems to have moved on from high school bullshit, unlike Ali. However, I prefer bitch Ali over victim Ali any day of the week.

But Ali is still a victim, that's why she's such a bitch. I don't like Paige but that is the one thing she got right. Ali's allowed to be a bitch because she's pregnant with a con mans baby but all the same. Ali sucks. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

But Ali is still a victim, that's why she's such a bitch. I don't like Paige but that is the one thing she got right. Ali's allowed to be a bitch because she's pregnant with a con mans baby but all the same. Ali sucks. 

I don't think it's so much that she's allowed to be a bitch because of that, but that she uses it as an excuse to be a bitch.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I don't think it's so much that she's allowed to be a bitch because of that, but that she uses it as an excuse to be a bitch.

Yeah that's more like it, but I think Emily tries to say it's okay, or at least she was saying to Paige "I know Ali was harsh and uncalled for but she has stuff going on right now" or something. So Emily was trying to justify it so. I truly think Ali thinks she is allowed to be a bitch.

But again Ali is behaving like this because she's jealous that Emily and Paige were once a thing.. years ago? Didn't Emily open the door for Ali at the end of the last season? Like Emily is for some reason always waiting for you Ali, I don't know why and I don't get it but she's always going to let you play with her head. Does Ali even like Emily that way? Or is it like someone is taking one of her toys away? I keep hearing that Ali is supposedly grown up now but I still see a teenage girl trying to keep people in line.

• Love 4

I don't see a point in analyzing Ali's behavior any further than "love triangle shenanigans 101". You know the drill - when another (potential) love interest shows up the character in question becomes hostile in an immature fashion, which for some reason is considered by many a scriptwriter terribly romantic. All the romantic relationships in the show seem to be headed in the most banal and/or stupid direction imaginable - Ali's bitchiness combined with Paige coming back for no reason and probably the dreaded Emily's eggs storyline, Yvonne will almost certainly wake up from her comma just when Toby and Spencer have rekindled their romance, the mind-blowingly dull and silly kidnapped Nicole storyline and the completely random return of Holden. Hanna and Caleb - who the hell knows, I don't even remember much about what happened last season with them but I am sure the new developments will either be same old, same old or something silly and out of character.

But I still wish Emily had some even stronger words for Alison, something like "You once wrote love letters to Paige, signed them with my name, proceeded to blackmail her and almost drove her to suicide and you still have the temerity to act like the victim? What's next, you are going to blind somebody and then fun of her disability? Oh, wait, you already did that. Have fun being a broke single mother with no friends".  But I am aware that I might have projected my own feelings just a little bit...

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I don't see a point in analyzing Ali's behavior any further than "love triangle shenanigans 101". You know the drill - when another (potential) love interest shows up the character in question becomes hostile in an immature fashion, which for some reason is considered by many a scriptwriter terribly romantic. All the romantic relationships in the show seem to be headed in the most banal and/or stupid direction imaginable - Ali's bitchiness combined with Paige coming back for no reason and probably the dreaded Emily's eggs storyline, Yvonne will almost certainly wake up from her comma just when Toby and Spencer have rekindled their romance, the mind-blowingly dull and silly kidnapped Nicole storyline and the completely random return of Holden. Hanna and Caleb - who the hell knows, I don't even remember much about what happened last season with them but I am sure the new developments will either be same old, same old or something silly and out of character.

But I still wish Emily had some even stronger words for Alison, something like "You once wrote love letters to Paige, signed them with my name, proceeded to blackmail her and almost drove her to suicide and you still have the temerity to act like the victim? What's next, you are going to blind somebody and then fun of her disability? Oh, wait, you already did that. Have fun being a broke single mother with no friends".  But I am aware that I might have projected my own feelings just a little bit...

If Emily even remotely made any sort of speech like that I would cheer. But no Emily's speeches are "why can't you accept our love for you Ali?" Like Emily don't do that.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

If Emily even remotely made any sort of speech like that I would cheer. But no Emily's speeches are "why can't you accept our love for you Ali?" Like Emily don't do that.

Yeah. And then they have her say "I'm done with you, Ali" but then Ali manages to rope her back in when she needs her. It's not like they've put much focus on Ali/Emily, anyway. They barely acknowledge it besides once a season, so I don't understand why we need to care about them getting together ten episodes before the series ends. They were never treated like a legit couple, but more as a stepping stone for Emily to figure out her sexual orientation, and Ali using Emily to get what she wants, but also to explain why Emily sticks by Ali's side. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought the biggest issue in their relationship was their foundation of lies, betrayal, and statutory rape,

But isn't that how all great love stories begin -- at least on ABC Family/Freeform.  </sarcasm>

• Love 5
5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Would she have never even known about it if she hadn't happened to walk by a TV conveniently showing their reunion on the news?

Oh wow, I hadn't pieced that together.  I thought Ezra was horrible because he didn't call her for a week, but he's actually more horribly horrible than I realized -- the last communication she got from him was "They didn't find Nicole, I'm headed home" then SILENCE for a week.  What An Asshole.

• Love 5
On 4/20/2017 at 3:05 AM, Snow Fairy said:

I'm almost certain Ali's baby is real but is also going to turn out to be Emily's baby as well via those eggs she had stolen. Granted, PLL is notorious for unresolved plots but in this case I think Emily's egg were stolen for a reason and that reason is going to be Ali's bundle of joy in a few weeks.  Now who fathered the eggs that were implanted in Ali....well, let's hope that's not it's own spin-off!

Edited to Add: Maybe Noel Kahn donated his sperm. At least the kid would have really good genes when it came to the looks department. Emily and Noel would make a pretty cute kid. 

Edited by Peanut6711
39 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Edited to Add: Maybe Noel Kahn donated his sperm. At least the kid would have really good genes when it came to the looks department. Emily and Noel would make a pretty cute kid. 

My money is still on Jason being the bio father, assuming that he froze some sperm before leaving to do overseas charity work. Because, really, after Cece that seems like exactly the sort of thing that would happen to Jason and it would be the closest that Marlene could get to the kid being the bio child of both Alison and Emily.

3 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

My money is still on Jason being the bio father, assuming that he froze some sperm before leaving to do overseas charity work. Because, really, after Cece that seems like exactly the sort of thing that would happen to Jason and it would be the closest that Marlene could get to the kid being the bio child of both Alison and Emily.

I'm open to that possibility, only because it would be the most twisted thing the show could do. I mean, Ali having Emily and Jason's baby? Creepy, and totally on par for the messed up world that is Marlene King's PLL. 

I listened to the Bros Watch PLL Too podcast.  Benjamin Light is ALL IN on the Twincer theories, like Mary had a second baby right after the extra from Mad Men dropped Spencer in Veronica's lap, so no one knows about her existence.  The evidence is:

1.  The drunk doctor who delivered Mary's baby said that it was a ward of the state, but tonight's flashback shows that Spencer went to the Hastings immediately after birth.

2.  The letter that the game board spit out was worn and folded, like it'd been in someone else's possession (i.e., the unknown twin).

3.  When Hanna was being cattle-prodded in 7.01, she imagined Spencer was there comforting her, but the Spencer she imagined didn't have bangs, so (allegedly) that was the Twin there for real, pretending to be Spencer.

I can't even with this.  Another twin?  In the last 10 episodes?  It reeks of "introducing the murderer in the last 2 chapters of a mystery novel" hackery.

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Now who fathered the eggs that were implanted in Ali....

Peter Hastings because why not, he's fathered everyone else on the show so far.

Jason would also be a good option, so the baby would be 1/4 Hastings, 1/4 DiLaurentis, and 1/2 Fields.  That is until we find out that Peter is Emily's father also.  If I did my math right, this would make the baby 1/4 Fields, 1/4 DiLaurentis, 1/2 Hastings and 100% Targaryen.

• Love 7

PLL refusing to end until literally every female in town has been retroactively impregnated by Peter Hastings. Also, twins. 

I bet if Ezra asked Aria to let Peter Hastings impregnate her she wouldn't even hesitate a second. And it's still slightly less gross than Ezzzzzzria.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I've seen some theories where people think it's possible Charlotte froze her sperm before her transition and A.D. used that sperm to fertilize Emily's eggs and impregnate Alison because A.D. obviously cared for Charlotte and would want her legacy to live on. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, SadieT said:

I've seen some theories where people think it's possible Charlotte froze her sperm before her transition and A.D. used that sperm to fertilize Emily's eggs and impregnate Alison because A.D. obviously cared for Charlotte and would want her legacy to live on. 

In that case wouldn't it be better to go the incest angle with Alison's own eggs? Because PLL?

36 minutes ago, Lii said:

In that case wouldn't it be better to go the incest angle with Alison's own eggs? Because PLL?

Well, PLL does love to dabble with incest so I'm surprised they didn't go that way. 

5 hours ago, Lii said:

PLL refusing to end until literally every female in town has been retroactively impregnated by Peter Hastings. Also, twins. 

I bet if Ezra asked Aria to let Peter Hastings impregnate her she wouldn't even hesitate a second. And it's still slightly less gross than Ezzzzzzria.

Why would Ezra want his dad to impregnate Aria? Also, that would be pretty gross, since he's secretly Aria's bio father too and all.

4 hours ago, SadieT said:

Actually makes perfect sense for this show, Alison will name the kid after Charlotte and she and Emily will dedicate themselves to raising the kid with the love and understanding that Ken never showed Charlotte.

Actually, I'm going to go ahead and place my bets on the child being named after Charlotte regardless of who the father is. Of course I still think that Charlotte faked her death somehow too, so maybe she'll show up and claim the baby for herself.

4 hours ago, Lii said:

If the point of the story was Maximum Rosewood/A crazy, maybe. But if Emily's the mother it serves as potential Emison shipper fan service.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:22 AM, Mrs. DuRona said:

I'm waiting, and I would buy it.  As someone who loves board games and plays them weekly with my husband, I loved it. 

I'm going to have to agree here. I love board games, especially the ones with an app connected to make it a different sort of game each time, and hope that Liar's Lament (shouldn't that be Liars' Lament?) comes out soon. 

What a boring premiere episode after a mid season finale.

And ahh, MK didn't even wait one episode to give us ample amounts of glorious plot holes.

Oh and Ali's a bitch again? Well, I gotta say I always did prefer bitch Ali to saint Ali. At least the bitch version was real, had some grit, and just general fun to watch. Saint Ali was getting on my nerves. But come on show, this is Queen Bitch Ali, so give her better lines than "Remember what Paige was like in high school?"  Really, that was supposed to be an undercut insult? It felt childish to me. 14 year old Ali handed out better insults than that.

And Ezria, oh my what in the world is this relationship?  I actually used to hard core ship them and wanted them as endgame. Now, I'm just like geez just go be with your jungle girl Nicole so Aria can bone Jason.  

There was pretty much only 2 good things about this episode and it was Mona and Holden. Mona is always a delight whether being evil and scheming or helpful and scheming. Bc let's be real, she is always scheming. And Holden's line about high school romances about made me bust out laughing.  But, really back to the point, can we just have more Mona? She has always been the best part about this show.  I agree with everyone else that her and Hannah are the true OTP lol.  PS. It's really sad when you care more about Mona (a supposed villain) and Holden (who we haven't seen in 3 years) than the main characters. Congratulations MK, you have made your entire main cast unlikable.

And OMG I am so done with this Hastings/Dilaurentis family tree. It is so effed up to the point it's just amusing instead of tragic.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, NutMeg said:

Sorry, but I need to ask: who is that Holden that I have no memory of?

Childhood friend of Aria who was in several episodes of season 2B. Best remembered for knocking out Noel Khan with a karate kick (or was it a punch?).

1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Childhood friend of Aria who was in several episodes of season 2B. Best remembered for knocking out Noel Khan with a karate kick (or was it a punch?).

He also saw Emily the night that Alison's grave was dug up, and attended at least one of Noel Kahn's parties.

2 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Thanks! I still have no recollection of the guy but at least I now know who he is.

Otherwise, I find Ezra's casual 'yeah, going to NY, see ya' in front of a total stranger (ok, childhood friend, the guy could still be evil, no?) very irresponsible. Hi world, her parents or brother have left her alone, and now me, her only anchor here, am going away. Can anyone get her before I'm back from "NY". I've been trying for 11 seasons, but girl is teflon. Why do you think I permanently look scared or uncomfortable? I'm scared shitless of her, why else do I look like a deer in headlights when I see her? I wished I'd kept my focus on Alison, but teacher Alison doesn't do it for me. So I'm stuc with Aria, who's not giving me much material lately. 

Sex with Peter Hastings is never a good idea,

He is my new crack pick for being A.D.  He is has been around since the start.  Creepy as fuck.  Plus my guess is crazy as fuck as well.

I mean serious.  Three kids all with different mothers.  That's impressive.  Is there a number 4 out there?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Three kids all with different mothers.  That's impressive.  Is there a number 4 out there?  

Wouldn't surprise me if he was the bio daddy for all the Liars.  Ella explaining to Aria:  "Honey, it was the 90s.  We were all on cocaine.  Key parties were pretty much mandatory back then."

• Love 3
12 hours ago, NutMeg said:

Sorry, but I need to ask: who is that Holden that I have no memory of?

In addition to what others have said, he has some kind of heart condition that could cause him to die at any time. So, uh, he's probably the leader in the next PLL death pool.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:47 AM, paulvdb said:

Seriously. What was up with that outfit? Did the writer of the episode tell the costume department that they got baby Spencer 20 years ago and it somehow got misinterpreted as being in the 1920s?

This x100. One of the few moments that made me burst out laughing. This show, especially compared to HTGAWM, makes even the most 'serious' scenes somehow comical.

Does anyone else find the following bizarre? At the beginning of the episode, the four Liars just casually strolled into the hospital following Spencer (presumably through trauma entrance doors). The four girls act rather normal (as in, discuss the letter-arconym that is associated with a psychopath trying to murder them) despite 1) their friend having been shot a few short moments ago, 2) witnessing a brutal death (Noel) and 3) being trapped in a killer house themselves. Then, they see a long-time friend being in a serious condition as well.

The show's solution to dealing with the aftermath of this? 1 week later.. No need for a conversation with a trauma psychologist? And as mentioned, it took Spencer's parents A WEEK to come and see their shot daughter? These girls must have some emotional issues.

On 4/19/2017 at 11:23 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I really want the series to end on Ali saying "Well, this is me, Em, and I'm not going to change. So you can either get used to it, or you can leave" followed by Emily leaving and finding a nice, non-Rosewood girl to settle down with.

Emily could have any girl, which has been proven over the course of the show's 7 seasons. Naturally, she is still obsessed with the girl she had a crush on 10 years ago.

Despite the sarcasm, I do have to admit the show offers me 45 minutes of enjoyment. For me, if I pay little to no attention to how peculiar some events seem, and make the most of the great lines and scenes the show still delivers, I find the episodes entertaining. Definitely watching until the end.

• Love 5
On 4/19/2017 at 2:26 AM, dmc said:

am I the only person that hates ezra and aria together?

Hate hate hate hate them together. Stalking someone for years and being a gross perv is not sexy to any woman I know personally 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Hate hate hate hate them together. Stalking someone for years and being a gross perv is not sexy to any woman I know personally 

Exactly not a love story, it's just GROSS 

11 hours ago, jay741982 said:

And to make it even grosser, stalking a teenager so that you can write a book about her dead/missing friend. That wasn't just opportunistic. That was the cold and calculated seduction of a teenager who had suffered losing a friend, all so he could insinuate himself into her life to write a book (because obviously he wasn't creative enough to write something original).

• Love 3