Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

On 8/1/2018 at 6:09 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Apparently, Tori has plenty of time and energy. That's good.  Puppies and babies aren't the best combination.  Oh, but, it might make for good tv.....just thought of that.  I wonder if Jackson's first word will be "TLC."   lol 

https://www.adoptapet.com/blog/puppies-and-infants-safety-tips/

I think you're trying way too hard to come down on Tori for getting a puppy. It's a very common and reasonable thing to do. One baby and one puppy is not a crisis. I myself have five children and one dog and we all manage beautifully. Different strokes. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Finchers said:

I think you're trying way too hard to come down on Tori for getting a puppy. It's a very common and reasonable thing to do. One baby and one puppy is not a crisis. I myself have five children and one dog and we all manage beautifully. Different strokes. 

Like I said, I suppose that Tori has plenty of time and energy for both.  Good for her.  Zach was very opposed to it though, and I get why.  I think that my expectation of child care and pet care is pretty high and maybe that's why I think it's so ambitious for those who are already struggling and complaining of lack of sleep and private time. 

On 9/4/2018 at 11:22 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Like I said, I suppose that Tori has plenty of time and energy for both.  Good for her.  Zach was very opposed to it though, and I get why.  I think that my expectation of child care and pet care is pretty high and maybe that's why I think it's so ambitious for those who are already struggling and complaining of lack of sleep and private time. 

????

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

401A9332-2AE3-4BF3-B013-F015F0EFA212.jpeg

Jackson is an adorable child, I love that he is usually dressed in comfortable season appropriate clothing.  His parents obviously love and adore him.  They don’t try to make us believe that by throwing word salad at us.   I hope they take Ember under their wings. 

• Love 12

Off topic, but Tori's cutesy overuse of "babe uh" in every post makes me stabby. It's not the adorable pet name she's decided it is. Instagram in particular makes every couple under 30 act like two 15-year-olds in their first relationship. Harmless, but obnoxious. We get it, no one's ever been as happy and in love as you are! I know that it's nothing compared to the walking attention black holes that are Jer and Auj, but still.

• Love 4

I'm wondering when Matt's obvious preference for Jackson will be an "issue" for Auj to further separate Jer from his former family.

Zach and Tory have the preferred grandchild, and now they have a nicer, and larger house. If Tory manages to get prego again, Jer will shit himself fucking Auj since they must ALWAYS be at least even with Zach and Tory.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8
On 9/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, Rap541 said:

I'm wondering when Matt's obvious preference for Jackson will be an "issue" for Auj to further separate Jer from his former family.

Zach and Tory have the preferred grandchild, and now they have a nicer, and larger house. If Tory manages to get prego again, Jer will shit himself fucking Auj since they must ALWAYS be at least even with Zach and Tory.

I'm wondering if a preference for Jackson has something to do with the fact that it's just easier and more normal to be with him. I remember when Audrey was near to giving birth and there was a big talk about boundaries. It seemed to be pointed more at Amy but I doubt it was only about Amy.  I can imagine a conversation with Zack more along the lines of Hey Dad, let's go to the air show and have some fun. I cannot imagine it would be so simple with Jeremy. 

P.s. RAP541, your posts are always among my favorite to read. How can a nice, straight forward snark make me so happy? But you also make me think and I appreciate that as well.

• Love 7

Thanks, Punkadoo! I aim to please!

And I agree that straight up access to the grandchild is a huge part of the dynamic. I see Amy occasionally bragging about having a good time babysitting Jackson and we don't see that happening anywhere near as much with Ember. It's also pretty noticeable (and I noticed this on the show) that the grandparents are not encouraged to stop by the Audrey Roloff home unexpectedly.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Punkadoo said:

I'm wondering if a preference for Jackson has something to do with the fact that it's just easier and more normal to be with him. I remember when Audrey was near to giving birth and there was a big talk about boundaries. It seemed to be pointed more at Amy but I doubt it was only about Amy.  I can imagine a conversation with Zack more along the lines of Hey Dad, let's go to the air show and have some fun. I cannot imagine it would be so simple with Jeremy. 

P.s. RAP541, your posts are always among my favorite to read. How can a nice, straight forward snark make me so happy? But you also make me think and I appreciate that as well.

Now that all 4 offspring are adults,  Amy appears to want to spend time with all 4 and both grandkids. Matt only cares about the grandkids and only when they come to him.    Audrey doesn’t welcome any of them to her home. She only goes to the farm when necessary.  That’s probably why the office space has happened- Jer wants to see his family more than Audrey does.  

Tori makes sure Zach’s family feels welcome and also makes sure she goes to the farm too.  That’s why Jackson is at the farm and Ember isn’t. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Thanks, Punkadoo! I aim to please!

And I agree that straight up access to the grandchild is a huge part of the dynamic. I see Amy occasionally bragging about having a good time babysitting Jackson and we don't see that happening anywhere near as much with Ember. It's also pretty noticeable (and I noticed this on the show) that the grandparents are not encouraged to stop by the Audrey Roloff home unexpectedly.

To be fair, I don't encourage anyone to stop by my home unexpectedly, so I can't exactly fault Audrey on that.  

Now you've made me defend Audrey, I feel sick!!

• Love 7

Oh it's ok to defend Audrey - I've defended her a few times because there's time swhere I have to ask myself if I would be upset if it was someone other than Audrey. 

I don't mean putting up with constant visits but the family lives locally  and they film a tv and Audrey always seems faintly put out even when you know, the grandparents are clearly there for a filmed moment. 

I expect that the Roloffs senior don't just drop by Zach and Tori's without at least a text or short call to make sure that they are home and it's OK.  Obviously when they're "dropping by" on the show, they really aren't because production has to do all their set up.  Audrey just seems pissed by having to have any interaction with Jeremy's parents and seems like an ex SIL of mine who would be "too busy" or "just going out" 80% of the time someone called.

• Love 4

I hope that's just a pose for a picture and Matt isn't really trying to drive his bike thing around on that pavement balancing Jackson on his lap.

I doubt Tori would allow it, but I could actually see Matt thinking it was fine. He's never been particularly concerned with safety.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:39 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I hope that's just a pose for a picture and Matt isn't really trying to drive his bike thing around on that pavement balancing Jackson on his lap.

I doubt Tori would allow it, but I could actually see Matt thinking it was fine. He's never been particularly concerned with safety.

It's a mobility scooter. It's nearly impossible to tip them over, even when you try. Anyone, scooter or not, would have a greater chance of tripping while walking and carrying a child than Matt would of having an issue of a baby and a scooter. Short of him flat out dropping the kid, he's pretty safe. Well, he might run into someone since when you use a scooter, you are apparently invisible and people have NO issue walking right out in front of you and expecting you to just completely stop on a dime. Trust me, if people walked right into people walking like they do to those on a scooter, there'd be a ton more fist fights on the streets. 

• Love 4

I wasn't really thinking the scooter would tip over.  I was more concerned about Matt having rather short arms and trying to drive the scooter while simultaneously balancing a wiggly toddler on one of his knees.  Not to be unkind, but Jackson does have an oversized head and short arms himself. If he fell, he's gonna land right on his noggin on the pavement with very little ability to break his own fall.  But I'm guessing they were probably just taking a picture and that's fine. I would never suggest Matt couldn't or shouldn't hold Jackson at all (not that you said I did, Fostersmom) I was just saying that trying to operate the scooter while holding Jackson seems a bit unwise. 

All that having been said, I want to add that I promise I am not one of those people who goes out of their way to find danger and parental negligence in every photo people like the Roloffs (or the Duggars) post of their kids. That actually kind of bugs me and I tend to find myself defending these twits more often than not.  Kids without shoes running through the yard is fine by me ( just don't hold scissors while doing it, lol).  Piles of toys and messy art and cooking projects are no problem. Jill Duggar can read a book while her kids play in the bath two feet away and nobody is gonna drown.  I've seen bloggers complain about the sharp corners of a book supposedly being dangerous which is just preposterous imo. I lived through far greater dangers as a child and survived. But Jackson is so small and vulnerable and so darn cute.  And Matt is such a careless, irresponsible, cocky jackass. I'd be keeping my eye on him if he was holding my little tot!

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12

OMGosh . . . the shirt!!!!

Imagine what it would have been like if Jeremy were the one who was competing.  Pages and pages of IG from Auj on the honor of his being on the team, her making all the travel arrangements for THREE people to go to Argentina.  Pictures of Auj in Buenos Aires . . . maybe with Ember in the picture, but probably not.  (She'll have been napping after keeping them up all night in the hotel.)  Yada, yada, yada.

Never thought Zach would end up as my favorite Roloff kid, but I'm pretty impressed with him and his family.

• Love 17
On 10/30/2018 at 5:53 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Is Matt slurring? 

Is that a big wine bottle next to the recycling bin in the background?

Hmm.

No worse than usual.

Yep looks like a wine bottle to me.  Some things never change. :)

• Love 3
On 10/3/2018 at 2:14 PM, mythoughtis said:

Now that all 4 offspring are adults,  Amy appears to want to spend time with all 4 and both grandkids. Matt only cares about the grandkids and only when they come to him.    Audrey doesn’t welcome any of them to her home. She only goes to the farm when necessary.  That’s probably why the office space has happened- Jer wants to see his family more than Audrey does.  

Tori makes sure Zach’s family feels welcome and also makes sure she goes to the farm too.  That’s why Jackson is at the farm and Ember isn’t. 

I have seen a lot of posts (stories) by Audrey on Instagram of Ember at the farm.  Not sure how you know all these things are you friends with the family?  

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Zach and Tori in Hawaii, I wonder what Zach does for a living.  That's a nice trip.

Zach works at the soccer facility (unless he’s left it?), works at the disability step stool firm owned by his family, the farm, and... oh, yeah, on the TLC show. You know, the one that we all snark about here. 

Hawaii isn’t as expensive to get to from  the West Coast as it is from elsewhere in the country. I wouldn’t be surprised if Matt doesn’t own  a condo  there that Zac and Tori can use. Matt used to head to Hawaii multiple times a year. 

The trip may also be being filmed for the show.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Hawaii isn’t as expensive to get to from  the West Coast as it is from elsewhere in the country.

Likewise, the Bahamas/Caribbean isn't crazy expensive if you live on the East Coast.

But yes, Zach and Tori are currently living off the show. To throw them a small bone, we don't hear about them constantly vacationing and their trips tend to be fairly inexpensive compared to others in the family. I hope they're banking some of the earnings... and honestly I suspect they are. Zach never impressed me with his wit but he does seem practical, and Tori is sharp. Ironically I wonder if these two might make the Chip and Joanna Gaines moves that lead to ongoing separate success away from the farm.

• Love 3

I also noticed a naked Jackson bum in the sand photo and got disappointed. I expect that from Tweedledee and Jer, but I wish this group would stop doing it for the cutesy photo ops. I can’t imagine how irritating that could be for bare baby parts. Especially when it was done with Ember. 

• Love 2