Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ginger90

Zach and Tori

Recommended Posts

On 7/20/2018 at 1:04 PM, LucyEth said:

Jackson has a sibling, he has four legs and his name is Murphy.  Dog is beautiful, maybe a Bernese  Mountain dog, going to be huge.  Lots of focus on the dog via her instagram.

I understood Zach's earlier protest about getting a puppy while they are still devoting lots of time caring for their first baby.  A puppy requires so much time and attention.  Odd timing, imo.  Apparently, Tori has plenty of time and energy to take care of Jackson and the puppy.  I would think that waiting until Jackson could really benefit, like around age 5 or so, but, now......it's obviously something that Tori wanted for herself.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/23/2018 at 1:12 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I understood Zach's earlier protest about getting a puppy while they are still devoting lots of time caring for their first baby.  A puppy requires so much time and attention.  Odd timing, imo.  Apparently, Tori has plenty of time and energy to take care of Jackson and the puppy.  I would think that waiting until Jackson could really benefit, like around age 5 or so, but, now......it's obviously something that Tori wanted for herself.  

I get why Tori wanted another dog after Sully. She loves dogs. I've had 2 dogs die from old age. After each one I was heartbroken and swore never again. However, I'm a dog person and miss having a dog in my life. After I grieved, I got another one both times. That's Tori. She needs a dog around. Life isn't as good without one.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I love dogs too.  They are great, but, puppies need lots of attention, training, time, care, etc.  I can't imagine doing all that, while keeping up with a toddler.  But, apparently, Tori thinks she can do it. Apparently, she has a lot of flexibility with her schedule.   I hope all is well.  Jackson and the dog are precious.  

Share this post


Link to post

did anyone see a blurb today about tori announcing she's pregnant? i was half-awake this a.m. and saw something on fb (i think) but cant find it anywhere now. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ok. I’m absolutely HORRIBLE, but all I saw when I saw that Jackson photo was this. Must be the shape of his head??

He is precious, but that poopy picture should’ve just stayed in the family album. And I know people are giving her crap (har, har) about her parenting choices from time to time, and that sucks, but, I really wish she wouldn’t put him to bed with a bottle. That’s a well-known no-no.

 

A92805FF-8CA9-482C-BE23-B15C73B1F0BD.jpeg

4995538B-8D0B-428F-A865-6D74E88DC0B1.jpeg

Edited by Shmoopaloop
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why does he have crap all over him?  At first I thought it was dried blood & was worried about that, but now I just wonder why she doesn't put some pj's on him. If he was dressed it would've messed his clothes but wouldn't be all over his head- that's so disgusting.

And I'm baffled as to why she would post something like that as well. If she thought it was funny I don't see the humor.  JMO

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Well she did say she learned her lesson about putting him down in just a diaper.  I doubt she'll do it again.  It's happened to many of us.  When my oldest was a baby o left the tub of wipes in her crib after a morning change. Woke up to her red face and an empty tub. Never did it again.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

Well she did say she learned her lesson about putting him down in just a diaper.  I doubt she'll do it again.  I

Ahhh... I hadn't read the post. I still wonder why posting a picture; the last thing I'd think to do is grab the camera/phone if my kid was covered in poop.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If that is indeed what it is (poopy diaper mishap), then, it really does make me wonder about who would post that.  It's not amusing or cute or anything like that.  I hope somehow they can pull in the reins.  Some people are totally addicted to sharing and have lost sight of reason or any sense of privacy. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not sure I would have shared that, either, because I would have been so freaked out about my kid potentially having poop in his eye, or something. And yeah, it's so gross.

But her sharing that doesn't bother me nearly as much as Audrey sharing that she and Jeremy recite their vows to one another while they're fucking. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

There are definitely two camps: the oversharers and the people who don't understand how people can possibly feel comfortable sharing so much. I'm not the typical oversharer demographic; Amy and I are the same age. But I'm a writer and editor and was an early adopter of social media, and it's a big part of my job. So I live in that world and probably share too much by others' standards.

The issue I see with it, especially in this case, is it engenders a false sense of intimacy. Tori shares video from inside her home of the up-close-and-personal happenings of her child, and we come to think we know the family. It's a weird state of affairs, and much has been written about the potential ramifications, especially in terms of the safety of the celebrity. While 99 percent of fans take the "relationship" for what it is, that 1 percent might arrive at their front door and expect an invitation inside. 

The oversharing doesn't bother me at all, but I do hope it doesn't cause any potentially creepy situations for them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Why does he have crap all over him?  At first I thought it was dried blood & was worried about that, but now I just wonder why she doesn't put some pj's on him. If he was dressed it would've messed his clothes but wouldn't be all over his head- that's so disgusting.

And I'm baffled as to why she would post something like that as well. If she thought it was funny I don't see the humor.  JMO

It's the new hot mommy trend.  When your kid has a blowout (of their diaper), take photos and share. Blech.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Privacy - once lost it's gone.  What these kids will be preaching to their parents when they grow up.  They can only think of themselves in the present not as their child in ten or twenty years.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/25/2018 at 4:57 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I love dogs too.  They are great, but, puppies need lots of attention, training, time, care, etc.  I can't imagine doing all that, while keeping up with a toddler.  But, apparently, Tori thinks she can do it. Apparently, she has a lot of flexibility with her schedule.   I hope all is well.  Jackson and the dog are precious.  

Bernese are the perfect dog for a baby. They can grow up together.

I am glad they got another dog.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe Tori posted that picture. I am actually shocked she even took a picture like that.

I thought she had better taste. And more respect for her son's dignity.  Apparently not.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like there is a chocolate chip cookie in the crib with him (right behind the elbow on the right side of the picture). I assumed he got chocolate on himself, not a diaper accident.

Share this post


Link to post

It was definitely poop... & maybe cookie with poop, even worse.

She learned the hard way about using pj's (thought it was common sense but maybe not)... just wondering why the hell one would stop to take a picture thinking it was actually SM appropriate. Guess I'm just not there on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

It was definitely poop... & maybe cookie with poop, even worse.

She learned the hard way about using pj's (thought it was common sense but maybe not)... just wondering why the hell one would stop to take a picture thinking it was actually SM appropriate. Guess I'm just not there on that one.

Is this for real?  I'm trying to wrap my brain around it.  I'm not sure what's going on with them, but, it doesn't look good.  Nothing against her parenting, but, that kind of sharing is just so bizarre, imo.  Maybe, she was trying to be helpful, but, not realizing that it's just so inappropriate. 

So, she indicates that Zach has had a return of his headaches.  Didn't they leave that off last time saying that his episodes were due to stress/anxiety?  I know some people with a similar condition. It's very real and debilitating. I wonder if these started after the couple got the puppy that Zach did not feel they were quipped for with Jackson requiring so much of their time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Special needs baby, special needs husband with issues (just true), filming a TV show, new house buying/moving, puppy... that would be a bit much for me. Hopefully she's got lots of support.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Eh..... the picture doesn't really bother me. It's real and it's shitty.

The me of today wouldn't have posted the picture to social media but the me of 8 years ago might have when I was on my first baby and over shared like crazy. Now I'm on my third baby and know better. I'll cut her some slack.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, good point.

I will say it has to be difficult for those who are in the public eye, having a heavy SM presence (even though it's their own doing), still pretty young, & experiencing so many firsts.  The attitude they give off when confronted, even nicely, also shows an immaturity- but many of us have to learn from our own mistakes & through hindsight.  It's just a little disturbing for them that everything is happening so publicly, & there might be regrets someday, especially regarding information, pictures, etc, they put out there of their kids who had no choice at the time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like Tori. I think with her, what you see is what you get, and when she says something, she's telling her truth. I believe her when she says that she posted the picture to share her tough day with other young mothers and wives and commiserate. I do not think that Tori is fake or a fame whore.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Young adults these days overshare  They think nothing of it.  So Tori doesn’t give it a thought.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is this for real?  I'm trying to wrap my brain around it.  I'm not sure what's going on with them, but, it doesn't look good

I think she just had a bad day and was trying to make light of it. She's a young mom with a lot going on and was trying to find some common ground -- and was maybe trying to humble herself in front of others who might hold her on some kind of celebrity pedestal. She had a shitty day -- literally! I find Tori to be without pretense, and her attitude and demeanor help keep me interested in the show.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I like how she’s real about stuff like that, but I think she should’ve just explained what a rough day she had and not attached a poop scene with it. Hearing about her day makes her more relatable, but I don’t want to see the smears. ?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

I like how she’s real about stuff like that, but I think she should’ve just explained what a rough day she had and not attached a poop scene with it. Hearing about her day makes her more relatable, but I don’t want to see the smears. ?

Her son probably won't want to see them online years from now either.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I know that is supposed to be an image of mist covered mountains, but what it brings to mind for me is all the fires burning out here right now and planes dropping fire retardant chemicals on them in an effort to put them out. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Murphy is a beautiful dog and I totally understand a person having an affinity for a particular breed. But I have to question the choice to get a pet that neither Zach (nor Jackson) will be able to physically control.  Sully was way too big for Zach to manage - I remember seeing him almost pulled off his feet once during a walk when Sully decided he didn't want to cooperate. Eventually Murphy will be that size, too. Jackson probably won't ever be able to take Sully for a walk on his own. I'm not even sure if Zach and Jackson together could handle Murphy if he really decided to assert himself. 

It's been made fairly clear that any dog in their house could be considered "Tori's dog" ... she's the driving force for getting them and she loves on them like they are her babies. She obviously prefers this breed so that's the kind of dog she gets. But I just question how wise it is to get a dog that you know neither your husband or son will ever be able to physically manage. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Murphy is a beautiful dog and I totally understand a person having an affinity for a particular breed. But I have to question the choice to get a pet that neither Zach (nor Jackson) will be able to physically control.  Sully was way too big for Zach to manage - I remember seeing him almost pulled off his feet once during a walk when Sully decided he didn't want to cooperate. Eventually Murphy will be that size, too. Jackson probably won't ever be able to take Sully for a walk on his own. I'm not even sure if Zach and Jackson together could handle Murphy if he really decided to assert himself. 

It's been made fairly clear that any dog in their house could be considered "Tori's dog" ... she's the driving force for getting them and she loves on them like they are her babies. She obviously prefers this breed so that's the kind of dog she gets. But I just question how wide it is to get a dog that you know neither your husband or son will ever be able to physically manage. 

I don't think that it matters how big an animal is. If the animal is gentle and trained properly, there won't be a problem. Most dogs are nice and just want to please their families. I don't think that Murphy will be a problem. People have kept horses for years. Horses are stronger and bigger than humans. It usually works out. Most domesticated animals are good, gentle, and loving, regardless of size.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

The thing about horses occurred to me, too. But the thing is, to get a horse to do what you want it to, you have to be trained to know how to control one. And the horse has to be trained to respond.  Things dont  just magically work out on their own. It takes a lot of effort.

Based on seeing Zach nearly pulled off his feet by Sully, it appears either nobody in the family bothered to do much training of him and/or Zach didn't know how to get Silly under control. That left Zach in the position of having to manage Sully by using physical force which he was not big and strong enough to do.  Maybe they will raise Murphy differently and he will be more responsive to commands than Sully was. Bernese Mountain Dogs are very trainable. But I tend to doubt it.  They didn't seem to have done much training of Sully. And that makes it more likely the same thing that happened before will happen again ... Zach is gonna get dragged across the lawn by a dog that weighs more than he does and Tori will have to come to his rescue.

I agree most dogs are nice and just want to please their families, but they can also be exuberant and willful and excitable. Sometimes they can be aggressive.  People shouldn't try to take on more dog than they can reasonably expect to handle, especially if they are not going to prioritize training. And not just for their own sake, but for the dog's as well.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not saying a little person shouldn't have a big dog. 

I'm saying no one should have a dog they are unable to manage.  Big difference.

I would say the same thing about a little old lady with a tiny dog she can't keep from snapping at people or running into traffic.  Or about someone like Kim Richards from Real Housewives who took in a Pit Bull that had been poorly raised that she was completely unable to handle and which ended up biting several people.

Too often it's the dog who ends up paying the price when an owner can't handle them.  It really bothers me, I guess. Not that Murphy will be without any supervision. Tori is there. But I think it's not the best choice to get a dog 2/3 of the family will probably have trouble controlling - unless they really put a lot of work into it. And I've never seen Zach put a lot of work into anything.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Bernese Mountain Dogs typically bond with one main person in the family whom they consider the leader. Everyone else is an equal.  It may make it harder for Zach to earn Murphy's respect, especially if Murphy learns early on he can be physically dominant when he wants to. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not saying a little person shouldn't have a big dog. 

I'm saying no one should have a dog they are unable to manage.  Big difference.

I would say the same thing about a little old lady with a tiny dog she can't keep from snapping at people or running into traffic.  Or about someone like Kim Richards from Real Housewives who took in a Pit Bull that had been poorly raised that she was completely unable to handle and which ended up biting several people.

Too often it's the dog who ends up paying the price when an owner can't handle them.  It really bothers me, I guess. Not that Murphy will be without any supervision. Tori is there. But I think it's not the best choice to get a dog 2/3 of the family will probably have trouble controlling - unless they really put a lot of work into it. And I've never seen Zach put a lot of work into anything.

It's still able-ist. You're making a judgement based on what you think is their situation.

I understand you are simply expressing an opinion, but if they are somehow prevented from owning, that's discrimination.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Well,, they actually own the dog so there's no discrimination involved. No one is refusing to sell little people Bernese Mountain Dogs. 

My own opinion? Big dogs are lovely pals but you do need to train them really well. Sully was a sweet pup, he really was, but Tory didn't have him well trained and it showed. Since she's the one who loves dogs, she's obviously the main owner and I hope she does a better job this time around. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×