Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

No word on that. I assume the May 2 start allows for birth aftermath and such to be filmed but I admit, I would be surprised if Tori and Zach agreed to filming the birth, if only because I suspect they have a higher chance of complications.

• Love 2

A few times when good friends of mine have become grandmas, I have given them gifts like kids books or toys to keep at their house (in addition to the usual baby gift of course).  But a grandma shower?  Ridiculous.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, gunderda said:
14 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

Is Oddj preggars too??? That picture makes her look like she's showing off a "bump". 

yes she is

Thanks for the info gunderda.  Now, I'm not a religious person, but can someone with Biblical knowledge tell me if a pregnant Oddj is one of the signs of the Apocalypse? 

• Love 13
On 4/25/2017 at 1:15 PM, BusyOctober said:

Is Oddj preggars too??? That picture makes her look like she's showing off a "bump". 

She is probably reading this comment and crying in the bathroom. How could "her fans" not know she's pregnant?!!!  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She is probably reading this comment and crying in the bathroom. How could "her fans" not know she's pregnant?!!!  

If Oddj has followed any threads from the forums here, she'd know I'm no fan of hers.  Or her dopey hipster dipster man-child husband.

Edited to add: OMG with the hashtags!  I unfriended someone on Facebook for hash tagging every.fucking.thing. she posted. She literally added 10+ hashtags to even the simplest posts.

This diaper cake lady needs to #chillthefuckout and #stopit.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Did anyone else think Amy seemed a little drunk in that video? Just me? Okay.

She admits it was a party she threw for herself, wow. I was thinking if maybe three or four of her very closest friends wanted to do it for her with just themselves in attendance, there wasn't really anything wrong with it. No huge gift grab, just a few close pals quietly celebrating one of them becoming a new grandma over lunch with a few small gifts.  But it doesn't sound - or look - like it was a small-scale thing and the idea that Amy planned it for herself... so she could be a "self-sufficient" grandmother ... lol. 

If she were really self-sufficient she wouldn't need other people to buy her all the stuff she needs. And if she had any taste, she wouldn't throw a party like that for herself. I've never heard of anyone throwing her own shower, not of any kind. Certainly not a "grandma shower."

There is something kind of sad (and really presumptuous) about the whole thing. It seems like not only a gift grab but also a grab for attention.  Like something a middle-aged woman who had not just one but two nubile daughters-in-law about to pop out babies would do to put herself at center stage because she was unhappy about feeling like a bit of a crone.

I wonder if Caryn was invited, lol!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, leighroda said:

A push present is the gift the dad is supposed to give the mom as a "incentive" to push the baby out... I think it's ridiculous

Oh for god sake...now women need "incentive" to push out a baby?  Guess what? Most full term, healthy pregnancies end when nature and the BABY decide to emerge. Birthin' babies is not based on the promise of a gift for the greedy girl on the gurney.  And what does this ridiculous custom call it if there's no "pushing" involved, like in the case for a C-section?  A Gash Gift?  Stitches Surprise? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Lol, yeah idk... most pregnant people I know consider the end of the pregnancy gift enough... and from what I have seen it's a nice gift.. like jewelry, I think one of my friends got a Louis Vuitton bag... it's not like a flower and card gift. I don't agree with it, I've just heard about it.

• Love 1

So I did some reading on push gifts and you'll be pleased to know C-section moms are NOT excluded from "push gifts".

But Christ, really, did we need another gift event? I mean, I think its nice if a new father brings new mom some flowers after having the baby but Louis Vutton? Really?

I actually made the mental decision to not get too judgey over the etiquette of who throws the shower or whether it's appropriate to have more than one because I am fairly certain most of the events we're hearing about are being filmed for and orchestrated by TLC. Likewise "grandma showers" and ostentatious gender reveal parties... I consider it a sort of "hahaha enjoy it now" - since this is when the "kids" become the babies and people who have been "the kids" start seeing how they're no longer the most important thing ever.

• Love 2

And if she had any taste, she wouldn't throw a party like that for herself. I've never heard of anyone throwing her own shower, not of any kind. Certainly not a "grandma shower."

I hadn't heard of it either, until last week when I received the invitation my nephew and his wife sent for the baby shower they're throwing for themselves.  It actually says "in honor of names of mom and dad."  This is their 3rd son (although there are several years between).  Not only do they list the 3 places they are registered -- I am not getting them the $80 diaper pail -- I am expected to bring a favorite children's book and a pack of diapers.  It's my nephew and I love him so I'll go, but I think it is incredibly tacky.  If I didn't know better, I'd think they were Roloffs.

• Love 6

I understand the basic purpose of showers - it's to help out new parents. I personally think its gotten gift grabby - but to use camom's example, one I have also dealt with in my own life, they're not asking for a *gift*, they're asking for three gifts, something from the registry, a pack of diapers, and a children's book. That's gift grabby.

• Love 6

I have five grandchildren.  I just went out and bought a pack and play, high chair and some diapers to use at my house.  No grandmom shower for me.  A friend of my daughter did register for all the stuff her mother would need at her house in addition to her own stuff. 

• Love 1

It takes all kinds to make the world go around.  I have never understood what Tori saw in Zach.  Not because he's a little person, but his attitude and personality sticks.   He was a bratty kid and I've watched him grow up on television.  He just doesn't seem like a nice person to me, whereas Tori appears to be sweeter than sweet.   Annnnnnnnnnd, he's not an attractive person IMO.  I've seen pictures of Matt when he was dating Amy and he was a very good looking guy.  Matter of fact Jacob looks more like the young Matt than either of the twins.

Maybe he's different when he's with her in private than when he's in front of the camera.  At least I hope that's it because she clearly adores him.  I hope he adores her just as much.

• Love 2

I suspect its a combo of a couple factors.

I think Zach is the kind of guy who treats women well. That can really cover a lot of lesser traits - trust me, I never saw Zach as a prize. I do think he has a nice personality in the sense that he's not an arrogant douche, and hasn't let the fame go to his head. I think if you're looking for a stable guy who is going to appreciate you, then I think Zach has that. He strikes me as someone who would work very hard to keep a partner happy. I also think he respects Tory.

Tory in comparison, isn't exactly the prettiest girl in the world, prom queen and modelesque. That's not a crime, I find her to be a nice looking girl, but she's probably well aware that girls like her don't have guys paying her much attention in contrast to the pretty girls. Zach could very well be the guy who treats her like a queen and thinks she's super special and that can be quite intoxicating if you have never had that attention before

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I suspect its a combo of a couple factors.

I think Zach is the kind of guy who treats women well. That can really cover a lot of lesser traits - trust me, I never saw Zach as a prize. I do think he has a nice personality in the sense that he's not an arrogant douche, and hasn't let the fame go to his head. I think if you're looking for a stable guy who is going to appreciate you, then I think Zach has that. He strikes me as someone who would work very hard to keep a partner happy. I also think he respects Tory.

Tory in comparison, isn't exactly the prettiest girl in the world, prom queen and modelesque. That's not a crime, I find her to be a nice looking girl, but she's probably well aware that girls like her don't have guys paying her much attention in contrast to the pretty girls. Zach could very well be the guy who treats her like a queen and thinks she's super special and that can be quite intoxicating if you have never had that attention before

If you look at pictures of Audrey without make up, she looks rather homely. If Tori wore make up, I think she would be more the more attractive one. She also had a cuter figure (before baby), not as muscular as Audrey. That being said, I don't think either are beauty queens. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

It takes all kinds to make the world go around.  I have never understood what Tori saw in Zach.  Not because he's a little person, but his attitude and personality sticks.   He was a bratty kid and I've watched him grow up on television.  He just doesn't seem like a nice person to me, whereas Tori appears to be sweeter than sweet.   Annnnnnnnnnd, he's not an attractive person IMO.  I've seen pictures of Matt when he was dating Amy and he was a very good looking guy.  Matter of fact Jacob looks more like the young Matt than either of the twins.

Maybe he's different when he's with her in private than when he's in front of the camera.  At least I hope that's it because she clearly adores him.  I hope he adores her just as much.

I've wondered this and also the same about Amy and her new boyfriend. He is very nice looking, and appears to be doing well financially. Amy doesn't have a great personality, isn't facially gifted but has money and fame (on a TLC kinda level) so I've wondered if he has deeper motives. He sells real estate and what better way to get your name out there than being on a national reality show. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I am not trying to compare or contrast the two wives.  They both have pluses and minuses in their looks. I do agree that if Tori fussed about herself more, she'd be getting  more "she's attractive" remarks but I suspect, based on how she lives, that she's just not that devoted to maintaining a look, a look that isn't that big of a deal to her. I also agree on her figure in comparison to Audrey, although I think Audrey has a very athletic build and is well toned, but not masculine. I even agree that when Audrey tones down the make up and isn't as done up, that she's not the stunning natural beauty she wants us to think she is, but she clearly puts a lot more time and energy into her appearance. That's a choice about what's important.

I can understand the concern about Amy and Chris but I am inclined to think its probably real and not a relationship with ulterior motives and here's why.

He is nice looking and appears to be successful and if he dates Amy and fucks her over royally, TLC controls the edit. Amy isn't that much of a catch, the money is tied up in the farm with her ex and with TLC. I mean, I hope she is being careful about this and not just leaping in, but Chris also hopefully has some awareness that being that asshole who dated the dwarf for her money isn't a great reputation builder.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

facially gifted

Can I use this phrase from time to time?  LOL

Zach and Amy look a lot alike.  And I agree she's not the prettiest girl at the party.  But you know what, attitude and personality play a big role in how you are perceived in the looks department.  I've met the most wonderful, charming, socially adept folks who would never win a good-looks contest when you first meet them.  But after you get to know them, they become beautiful in your eyes because of what's on the inside is showing up on the outside.  

Amy has never struck me as a kind and gentle person.  I know Matt can/could be annoying, but when the show first started it was obvious to me that Matt loved his wife and would do anything for her.  I never saw this feeling being returned by Amy.  I vividly remember one show where Amy was out of town and Matt wanted to surprise her by remodeling one of the upstairs bathrooms.  He couldn't wait until she got home.  When he showed it to her, it was so obvious that she hated it.  She didn't even try to hide it.  I've not cared for her since.  One more thing and I'm done Amy-bashing.  I've always felt she had a crush on the little person who used to visit who was an actor and who was pretty buff.  She showed him more affection than she did her own husband.

I'm done.

Amy didn't like Matt's parents being around either!

• Love 5

I vividly remember one show where Amy was out of town and Matt wanted to surprise her by remodeling one of the upstairs bathrooms.  He couldn't wait until she got home.  When he showed it to her, it was so obvious that she hated it.  She didn't even try to hide it.  I've not cared for her since.

I will be honest. When I first saw this, in season one, I was completely with you in that I was amazed that Amy was so awful about the bathroom being redone.

With hindsight being 20/20, I think I have a better understanding of why Amy was pissed. Matt does what Matt wants, and Matt gives the gifts and surprises that he would like to receive. Matt also really enjoys portraying himself as the much put upon long suffering husband.

Amy was never consulted on a lot of things and after a while being told to smile and like it because its a surprise and even though no one bothered to ask you what you might have wanted, if you don't smile and love it, you're a *bitch* hating the special thing I did just for you, probably gets old. And Matt's game was alwas to tell people what they were supposed to like, get it for them, and then be annoyed when they didn't like whatever he was gifting them with. That is Matt being passive aggressive and knowing now that that is how Matt always was... I don't feel anywhere near as sympathetic for Matt.

Amy didn't like Matt's parents around for the obvious reason that they were Matt's allies against her

• Love 15

Remodel my house without my input as a surprise and you may wake up dead or on the street.  Amy just might have been fed up with Matt making major decisions without caring what she thought and then expecting her to smile at the done deal he worked behind her back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Can I use this phrase from time to time?  LOL

Zach and Amy look a lot alike.  And I agree she's not the prettiest girl at the party.  But you know what, attitude and personality play a big role in how you are perceived in the looks department.  I've met the most wonderful, charming, socially adept folks who would never win a good-looks contest when you first meet them.  But after you get to know them, they become beautiful in your eyes because of what's on the inside is showing up on the outside.  

Amy has never struck me as a kind and gentle person.  I know Matt can/could be annoying, but when the show first started it was obvious to me that Matt loved his wife and would do anything for her.  I never saw this feeling being returned by Amy.  I vividly remember one show where Amy was out of town and Matt wanted to surprise her by remodeling one of the upstairs bathrooms.  He couldn't wait until she got home.  When he showed it to her, it was so obvious that she hated it.  She didn't even try to hide it.  I've not cared for her since.  One more thing and I'm done Amy-bashing.  I've always felt she had a crush on the little person who used to visit who was an actor and who was pretty buff.  She showed him more affection than she did her own husband.

I'm done.

Amy didn't like Matt's parents being around either!

I stole that from toddlers and tiaras, so use away! ?

I had forgotten about Matt's parents, anyone remember when they dropped off the show?

I'm not in either one's camp, but Amy can't ever leave anything alone. I was watching some reruns recently, and noticed how she jumps on whatever he says. No matter how trivial, she has a snarky reply. I think it's because she can't stand him, so it takes very little to set her off. 

IMG_2130.PNG

• LOL 2
  • Love 7