Type keyword(s) to search

Zach and Tori

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, achondroplasia. 🧐

Other than that 😉. like a cleft palate (which she clearly doesn’t have) or macroglossia (an unusually large tongue) to name something. People with Achondroplasia seem to be more vulnerable to other medical problems, so it could well be that there is something that is holding back her speech development. Just speculating here btw.

11 minutes ago, LilyD said:

People with Achondroplasia seem to be more vulnerable to other medical problems, so it could well be that there is something that is holding back her speech development. Just speculating here btw.

My non medical professional guess is that she needs tubes in her ears. I've seen people suggest autism and its certainly not a bad idea to get that ruled out but she seems too interactive with others to be on the spectrum (Yes girls are different but still). The 'grunting' is her thinking she's speaking like everyone else. It can make a huge difference. There;s a video of Lou Ferrigno of all people getting his cochlear implant turned on for the first time and his speech improved noticeably as we watched him take it all in. You can still tell he's a bit hearing impaired but the difference is noticeable. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Is that pink thing around Lilah’s neck part of the dress or separate?  It looks kind of strange to me.  I think Lilah kinda looks like Tori’s mom.

I think it is part of the dress. And you're right, it does look strange. 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's a collar.  They used to be a normal part of little girl dresses - decades ago.  

They were popular when I was kid.  For a while most little girl dresses had the large collars.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It's a collar.  They used to be a normal part of little girl dresses - decades ago.  

Yeah and judging by the adult outfits I think they were going for a cutesy old fashioned thing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Is that pink thing around Lilah’s neck part of the dress or separate?  It looks kind of strange to me.  I think Lilah kinda looks like Tori’s mom.

Finally! Someone besides me see it, ha. I have ways seen Tori’s mom in Lilah. 
Those big collars are in style for little girls now. Old fashioned style dresses are cute to me but that collar above does look off and not a fan of the safety pins holding the flowers either.

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Redrum said:

Yeah and judging by the adult outfits I think they were going for a cutesy old fashioned thing. 

I'm sure this was filmed for an episode of the show so we'll be able to enjoy the entire outing!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Those big collars are in style for little girls now. Old fashioned style dresses are cute to me but that collar above does look off and not a fan of the safety pins holding the flowers either.

I totally see it in that photo and also see how much Tori looks like her mom.  You can really see the resemblance in that specific shot.   Ugly collar aside, I wish she would give those big bows a rest.  I hate those things.  Maybe Lilah loves them and likes to wear them.  I just always think they must be uncomfortable. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

not a fan of the safety pins holding the flowers either.

Flowers should  be sewn on for safety and if one must use fabric glue.  The safety pins if one must use them should be on the back of the collar and pushed through the collar and flower so the clasp part isn't showing.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I wish she would give those big bows a rest.  I hate those things.  Maybe Lilah loves them and likes to wear them.  I just always think they must be uncomfortable. 

Back when she was completely bald, you could see the indentation those stupid things left in her scalp.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

If the child isn’t uncomfortable bows don’t bother me. I have four granddaughters 9, 5, 18m and 10m and my middle son’s wife is very big into dressing her baby (10m). Bows and every outfit monogrammed. The oldest son’s three girls are just thrown together with whatever just to get them out the door and they are happy. They get gussied up but after an hour or so they all four wind up looking like they were in a barroom brawl.

I was told Tues the 10m is going to to be a big sister in May soooo there won’t even be a chance for hand me downs.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
10 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

If the child isn’t uncomfortable bows don’t bother me. I have four granddaughters 9, 5, 18m and 10m and my middle son’s wife is very big into dressing her baby (10m). Bows and every outfit monogrammed. The oldest son’s three girls are just thrown together with whatever just to get them out the door and they are happy. They get gussied up but after an hour or so they all four wind up looking like they were in a barroom brawl.

I was told Tues the 10m is going to to be a big sister in May soooo there won’t even be a chance for hand me downs.

Congratulations!  Best wishes for the, May baby.  The timing sounds like my new great niece.  Big sister turned one in late June and baby sis (Palmer) was born this week!  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I think those are actually ribbons on the side of the flowers.  You have to look very closely.  Otherwise they do look like safety pins. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So Tori waits on the internet for random people to take a survey to find out if something that bit her child is poisonous and then finds out that it is (according to the random interwebz peeps)…she says HAHA…then she totally forgets about the possibly poisonous bite for a couple of days.

yeah-that-makes-sense-carly-shay.gif

*I know he’s fine it just irritates me she puts up these stupid polls. 

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I am obviously old.  When my child fell, or had a fever, or got stung, or had a weird bump or bruise, I would maybe call my mom for advice.  Or if I was concerned, call the pediatrician. Or if it seemed very serious, I took her to the ER.  I can only conclude idiots like Tori and Odd post these stupid inquiries and health updates for attention and affirmation.  One woman I know posts every little bump or hiccup that her “littles” experience.  Her “littles” are now 10(m)and 15(f).   Everyone she knows on Facebook and Instagram has been subjected to getting the deets of her kids’ medical conditions; from cradle cap to embarrassing period leaks, her “Mama Bear” groups on social media know it all. Posts asking for medical advice such as: “Poor baby has a rash!  He might have eaten a strawberry! I’m allergic, so he could be, but I don’t know! What should I do??”  Um, call his doctor? 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

So, if Tori is smart enough to pick up on some child concerns and post them online, then she should be aware that their  major crap is problematic too, like child standing near open fire, riding unrestrained on heavy equipment, operating battery operated toys unsupervised and without safety protection,, etc,  I suppose she doesn’t have the nerve to ask about those things.  It’s a miracle one of the kids hasn’t  gotten seriously  hurt.  If it happens, I imagine she’ll just laugh it off.  Ugh….

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Bunk beds; just like in the bunkhouse in Grandpa's cabin at Grandpa's farm which, presumably, Z&T will never allow him to enjoy now.  Zach continues his futile quest to replicate RF in BG.  You can't replace the love of a grandfather with crooked sandboxes, dude.  Sounds like more breath-holding and stamping-of-feet coming up in the new season from these two, along with Tori's "major abdominal surgery." 

Heaven help us!

• Sad 3
  • Love 2

Actually the new bank beds look a lot nicer than the ones at Matt's cabin that he doesn't have any more since it was converted to being for grown ups. 

A c-section is major abdominal surgery. Like Tory or hate her, any woman whose had a c-section isn't calling it anything but major abdominal surgery.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

That ladder has steps way to far apart for Jackson to climb. No way can he climb up them!

True.  So, I guess it’s just for show.  I wish the kids well, but I have no interest in their parents.  Ugh……

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

That ladder has steps way to far apart for Jackson to climb. No way can he climb up them!

You'd be surprised how kids manage... especially if they really want to do something. 

• Love 2

He's been in school two months or more and FINALLY had a day of good behavior?  I know kids who cry when they don't get green or plus or whatever for good behavior because it only happens once or twice a year that they aren't behaving properly.  Tori has taught kindergarten.  She should know he's on the wrong end of things.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He's been in school two months or more and FINALLY had a day of good behavior?  I know kids who cry when they don't get green or plus or whatever for good behavior because it only happens once or twice a year that they aren't behaving properly.  Tori has taught kindergarten.  She should know he's on the wrong end of things.  

Gosh, I hate those daily behavior rewards. The same kids get green- or the equivalent (good) and the same kids get red (bad) almost daily. Research indicates these external "rewards" do not improve a child's behavior. Tori absolutely should know better. Climbing down from my longtime early childhood teacher soapbox now.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, BAForever said:

Gosh, I hate those daily behavior rewards. The same kids get green- or the equivalent (good) and the same kids get red (bad) almost daily. Research indicates these external "rewards" do not improve a child's behavior. Tori absolutely should know better. Climbing down from my longtime early childhood teacher soapbox now.

I saw a video recently about this being done (as an experiment) to adults in a professional environment. They all hated it and found it demeaning and degrading and led to less productivity on the job.

• Like 1
  • Love 6