Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E21: Rock Block

4 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Wasn't the container pushed up against a wall with a flag and so wouldn't the flag have caught fire? 

That whole thing had so many holes, literally.  I think the flag was supposedly "above" the opening of the sample collection port (how Happy knew exactly how high to make the hole in the wall is beyond me, maybe they have instantaneous height calculation and eyeball measurement powers?).  Supposedly Happy said something about how the sample port would seal the opening to make sure nothing escaped the pod while they penetrated the sample port opening while burning the rock (of course they completely forgot the problem about how they lit the flame thrower while on the outside, thus would have damaged the port sealant.  And once the air tunnel turned out blew out the torch, the opening was gaping, so...wouldn't the contaminants have already escaped by that point if the port was open enough for air to have gone in and blown out the flame?  Oh, and if it was air tight as implied, wouldn't the flame have died from lack of oxygen?  And...last of all, wouldn't the plastic broom handle melted?

• Love 2

That was some extra Scorpion nuttiness.

There's the nonsense with the flag (at one point the meteor/asteroid/whatever) is shown pushed right up against the flag/wall, so we should be able to see the flames and the hole in the wall.

Then you can cut through a metal wall with a brick and a pizza wheel? 

Then Walter has to bend back the cut piece of the metal wall and does not cut his hands at all, though he does later on the baffles, which you knew was going to happen as soon as they talked about sharp they were..

Happy doesn't put fresh batteries in the remote?  Really, show?  Potentially thousands of dead people because the mechanic doesn't think about batteries??

The whole team would be dead if the President and his aide of fake country didn't want alien pathogens around.

Where was Ralph?  He would have been perfect to do science with Cabe.  If the current alderman is corrupt, do they really just take the guy with the next most votes?

Gee, when I was looking a wedding venues a thousand years ago, I didn't get free spa visits and goodie bags.  WTF???

The helicopter and module effects were hilarious. 

I did laugh at Paige totally wanting a bribe and Happy and Toby are still cute together.  Glad that Cabe got his lady friend back.

• Love 1

I was distracted while viewing, so please tell me that I got this wrong; they didn't really think the best thing to do with extraterestrial DNA was to destroy it, did they? I mean, wouldn't it really put the country of Backwardistan on the scientific map if they had retrieved such a thing from space?

Also: Was there an episode in which Walter took dancing lessons?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Also: Was there an episode in which Walter took dancing lessons?

There was that episode in the first season where Walter and Paige had to pretend to be a couple at some big soirée and they danced together then. He certainly seemed to enjoy it, in his own uniquely Walter way.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, raven said:

Happy doesn't put fresh batteries in the remote?  Really, show?  Potentially thousands of dead people because the mechanic doesn't think about batteries??

And those fresh batteries JUST happened to be right there. I hardly EVER have extra batteries on hand when I need them, let alone the right size.

She replaced those in a flash!

Also glad to see Cabe has his lady friend back :)

• Love 2
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Was there an episode in which Walter took dancing lessons?

Walter already knows how to dance. I'm guessing it's something his sister forced him to do when they were kids. 

• Love 1

I did not understand the lady-friend plot. Her whole spiel with the flash drive had me convinced she was downloading some epic virus to Scorpion's computers. If she wanted to give Cabe a copy, give him a spare drive and then go snitch with her own. The whole thing was sketchy as fuck. And yet the end they seemed all hunky dory.

• Love 2
On 4/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, theatremouse said:

I did not understand the lady-friend plot. Her whole spiel with the flash drive had me convinced she was downloading some epic virus to Scorpion's computers. If she wanted to give Cabe a copy, give him a spare drive and then go snitch with her own. The whole thing was sketchy as fuck. And yet the end they seemed all hunky dory.

I was thinking the same exact thing

• Love 2
On 4/12/2017 at 9:39 PM, theatremouse said:

On 4/15/2017 at 1:37 AM, bros402 said:

I was thinking the same exact thing

So was I. It really seemed like she was there to screw them all over.

• Love 1

Especially since they seemed to be showing the screen in the background running all sorts of code. That shouldn't have been happening if all she were doing is giving him an mp4. Also if he's not computer literate enough for her to hand him a flash drive without her somehow helping him to get it on his computer, I don't understand how he can function at any kind of job in this century. The whole thing we super sketch. Maybe they're going somewhere with it next episode? But the tone was way off if that's where they're going. This whole plot is bizarre.

• Love 1