Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Just now, Yours Truly said:

Does anyone have any theories as to why one would force an accent?

I had brought it up earlier and I was really looking for some ideas on what is it that Dorit is trying to claim or attain falsely that makes it so offensive if it's done inauthentically?

What is it that has the women appalled and crying foul about? What does Dorit receive in exchange for putting on a fake accent? Whats the reward that she's unjustly vying for?

Can someone answer this? It was a Real question I was posing.

Anyone???

Bueller....

Fraudsters 

• Love 5

Something I noticed.

Eileen was quite certain that Dorit discussed her mom's death.  Very certain, despite the fact that she wasn't there.

Rinna was very very certain that Dorit said she had a pill problem.  A forum full of women who saw the whole season can't even agree on whether or not she said that.

Erika was quite certain that Dorit and PK said she flashed him on purpose.

I believe the producers told the women Dorit said these things, or showed footage where she actually did, because they were all a little too certain of what had been said at a time they weren't even there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

It's not as if Kim asked about or mentioned Harry Hamlin and the Julianne Phillips' rumor.  :-)  Gosh Kim could have said, "Lisa you have a pattern you go after everyone, Star Jones, Julianne Phillips, Brandi, Yolanda, Dorit and me."

Is that the Harry's a rapist rumor.   Kim's remark must have hit pay dirt. Quite a good reason for Rinna to go for Kim's throat across a table.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I will give you the Brandi thing - the most horrendous thing to ever happen on the franchise. But the other stuff happened on the show. I am all for conversation about topics that come up on the show or topics the ladies introduce.  Kim cannot find fault about people talking about her drinking, because that has been a huge part of her story. She cannot just turn it off because she wants to turn it off. Juicy and Tre were meeting with Lawyers on camera, so they could hardly say boo about people talking about it. Beth and Lu's marriage were both topics on the show.  I am referring to things that the gals try to keep off of the show, hence the example of LVP's legal issues. Even I think it would be wrong for someone to try and introduce that topic, since clearly she wants to keep it away from the show and maintain some privacy on that topic. 

Many of the things that you said were topics on the show were made topics by people other than who the topics were about. How do you know what the women don't want out there unless NDAs or actual discussions are taking place beforehand? Because we don't know what goes on off the cameras. You don't think the women who are friends in real life or maintain some relationship off cameras don't gossip even when the cameras aren't rolling?

Kim didn't just turn it off, she was no longer part of the cast and her appearances on the shows among the women didn't come until later in the season after the women were rolling off their inquiries and gossip about her. You can't pick and choose when to apply circumstances and when not to.

And which reunion did LVP mention the Chad thing?

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Apparently, on hiatus since 2013.

Along with her American accent...

I think Dorit believes the accent makes her seems worldy, exotic and/or more "rich."  I totally believe that she's faking or at the very least exaggerating it.

9 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Something I noticed.

Eileen was quite certain that Dorit discussed her mom's death.  Very certain, despite the fact that she wasn't there.

Rinna was very very certain that Dorit said she had a pill problem.  A forum full of women who saw the whole season can't even agree on whether or not she said that.

I believe the producers told the women Dorit said these things, or showed footage where she actually did, because they were all a little too certain of what had been said at a time they weren't even there.

100% the producers have a hand in it - I think they always do.  Whenever a HW says "I heard" or "Someone told me", etc. you can be damn sure it came from producers.  Remember Rinna's alleged munchausen discussion with her "hairdresser?"  I'd bet my paycheck that it was really a producer. 

Overall this was a pretty dull start to the reunion.  Kyle's dress was hideous, the makeup on everyone was so bad.  I have zero desire to see PK and less than zero to see Kim Fucking Richards next week.  Oddly enough, I am interested in what Eden has to say. Go figure. 

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

Something I noticed.

About halfway through this season, I had a weird feeling that there has been some producer interference. Even when Dorit, LVP, and Kyle confirm that Dorit didn't say something or didn't say it in the way it is later being described, whomever was arguing would be adamant that their version was the truth. This is even after watching much of the season where the editors have inserted footage of Dorit doing the opposite of what she's being accused. It's kind of bizarre that Erika and Rinna haven't readjusted their outrage unless someone in production continues to reaffirm Dorit did say those things.

As Atlanta proves, this is a bad path for producers to go down.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

Perhaps the meaning was that using a fake accent causes people to throw money at you? Who knew it was that easy? 

Other than that, I got nothing.

I know right.. LOL

She's cashing BIG checks at the bank cause of that accent I'm sure.... NOT..

LOL!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

C9LSddpUIAATsXP.jpg

Sarah Paulsen wore the same dress as Erika?

Fabric and designer is the same?

Sarah Paulsen wore it better. Maybe holding a Golden Globe and having talent makes it more attractive?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

About halfway through this season, I had a weird feeling that there has been some producer interference. Even when Dorit, LVP, and Kyle confirm that Dorit didn't say something or didn't say it in the way it is later being described, whomever was arguing would be adamant that their version was the truth. This is even after watching much of the season where the editors have inserted footage of Dorit doing the opposite of what she's being accused. It's kind of bizarre that Erika and Rinna haven't readjusted their outrage unless someone in production continues to reaffirm Dorit did say those things.

As Atlanta proves, this is a bad path for producers to go down.

Nah, I think they are just doubling down on their mistaken reactions like a lot of people do. Throwing good money after bad cause they'll cling to any angle that lets them avoid taking responsibility or for being wrong.

There's enough deflection going on to distract from the focus and the point surrounding the few gripes they have with Dorit.

The point keeps getting derailed with dramatics, which spark side conversations that end up tuning back into big bad Dorit and then it starts up all over again. As long as that keeps happening Erika, Rinna and Eileen will gladly keep the stories confused and going in the wrong direction.

• Love 8

Eden Sasson is the only blog up on the Bravo site:

first 2 paragraphs

This week’s reunion was really setting the scene for what is to come over the next few weeks. But multiply the drama times 12! The big focus of the show today was Erika’s journey and her experience with Dorit and “PantyGate.”

Oh “PantyGate.” I don’t know if we really got anywhere today. I think it’s one of those #AgreeToDisagree situations. I’m happy I wasn’t on the couch for it, though, because I’m sure the cameramen would have caught me staring at something again, haha. #Daydreaming

We?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Does anyone have any theories as to why one would force an accent?

I had brought it up earlier and I was really looking for some ideas on what is it that Dorit is trying to claim or attain falsely that makes it so offensive if it's done inauthentically?

What is it that has the women appalled and crying foul about? What does Dorit receive in exchange for putting on a fake accent? Whats the reward that she's unjustly vying for?

Can someone answer this? It was a Real question I was posing. Trying to put a logical face to this dilemma.

Anyone???

Bueller....

Maybe because she reads these and other forums and has heard that anything said with a British accent (faux or otherwise) allows one to get away with saying most anything and retain the ability to say "you just don't get my British humor". 

Just kidding...kind of. My assumption is that she thinks it sounds posh, or sounds different. Makes her appear more worldly and educated? To some it most certainly does. Clearly it's a thing that is of meaning to her. She used it as part of her tag line. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Is that the Harry's a rapist rumor.   Kim's remark must have hit pay dirt. Quite a good reason for Rinna to go for Kim's throat across a table.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rinna went after Julianne the same way (as rumor has it)!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe because she reads these and other forums and has heard that anything said with a British accent (faux or otherwise) allows one to get away with saying most anything and retain the ability to say "you just don't get my British humor". 

Just kidding...kind of. My assumption is that she thinks it sounds posh, or sounds different. Makes her appear more worldly and educated? To some it most certainly does. Clearly it's a thing that is of meaning to her. She used it as part of her tag line. 

I think the producers came up  with and decided on that tag line.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Huge ICK factor, and very revealing with Erika's comments to Eileen after her glam squad worked Eileen over. Eileen doesn't need Mikey and the Erika lackeys to make her pretty. The comment she made about " popular high school girl" was weird. 

It is strange that Erika talks like she raised her son. It seemed almost like she was trying to shame Dorit for using nanny's. Call me old fashioned, sexist, or stupid, but I am firm in my belief that barring extreme circumstances like mental illness, addiction etc, very young children " are usually better off in the custody of their mothers. Kids benefit immensely from having two parents obviously, but, if both parents cannot raise the child together then, if possible, the mother should have primary custody. There. I said it-( and fully expect bashing to follow ?) Erika's baby daddy was a bail bondsman, and operates a seedy male stripper company- doesn't seem like an ideal scenario for bringing up a young boy. 

And here I thought he was Atticus Finch.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Last year Erika came off looking polished, this year she's looking harsh, and like she's trying too hard. 

01383da2ae9576ec4c18025d57ea152b.jpg

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-7-hero-reunion-1-we-have-a-better-understanding-of-why-erika-broke-down-in-hk.jpg

This is just Erika's second season, but to me...her wigs & hair extensions have become "plastic" like from a toy doll. With all that money, she has access to some quality pieces so this I don't "get". FFS Kim Zolciack has better wigs

Makeup - I've always said her glam squad really don't understand lighting. She really needs to tell Mikey:

homeytheclown.gif

• Love 11
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

That crazy laugh of Rinna's makes me cringe - is it to cover her insecurity or to cover her nastiness? Maybe both. Almost every talking head clip includes the crazy laugh.

It's so fake and stupid. "Shut up Rinna, you're stupid"-Vickie Gunvalson

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Makes her appear more worldly and educated? To some it most certainly does. 

Clearly, I need to move countries.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Gurlllllll my Bronx accent can get extra thick, depends... And I could also speak where you wouldn't know I'm even from New York (welllllllll maybe not) lol but I do agree it gets thicker and thinner depending on the situation.

I'm from Boston but lived and worked in Florida for a few years.  They had a hard time understanding me so I had to take on their accent.  I realized I had done a good job when I would come back from visiting home and they would tell me that I was hard to understand cause my accent was much thicker after going to Boston. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I want Kyle to dress more like her money at the reunions! I get she wants to be humble and shit but at a reunion I don't mind these women doing it up in terms of their looks.  

I think she just has horrendous taste in clothing.  Every now and then she gets it right and I can't help but think that's an accident.  She's a beautiful woman, but usually dresses very tacky.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Many of the things that you said were topics on the show were made topics by people other than who the topics were about. How do you know what the women don't want out there unless NDAs or actual discussions are taking place beforehand? Because we don't know what goes on off the cameras. You don't think the women who are friends in real life or maintain some relationship off cameras don't gossip even when the cameras aren't rolling?

Kim didn't just turn it off, she was no longer part of the cast and her appearances on the shows among the women didn't come until later in the season after the women were rolling off their inquiries and gossip about her. You can't pick and choose when to apply circumstances and when not to.

S4

It would be shocking to me to learn that LVP and Brandi didn't know that Kyle didn't want the Mauricio cheating rumors brought up on TV. Maybe they didn't, but if you are going to bring something like that up, I would ask first. If I cared, and maybe they did not. We know Kim didn't want to talk about Chad - for obvious reasons, and much was done by the entire family to keep it quiet. LVP certainly knew Eileen didn't want to talk about the affair. She had said at the reunion that talking about it on the show had been quite painful to her and Vince's kids, and was so angry with Brandi for bringing it up to begin with. 

And yes, they do get together from time to time and agree not to bring something up. They all agreed about Brandi and her tampon deal (until Joyce angrily brought it up at the reunion). An acquaintance who works in Reality TV said that production was beside themselves because they wanted it discussed since it happened smack dab in the middle of filming and went along with the theme of Brandi being a drunk that season. They tried hard, but they got no takers and everyone agreed it was just a bridge too far and would be too hurtful to her kids later on. She said they were very worried about Brandi because she was terrified of the immediate talk by some that she should lose custody of her boys over it. Or as she said "they all became true mommies" and regardless of what anyone thought about Brandi, they just weren't willing to engage, despite the prodding from production, or the fact they were all talking about it off camera. She said the especially thought that Kyle would talk, since that was the same season LVP and Brandi brought up the Mauricio stuff on camera. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I think she just has horrendous taste in clothing.  Every now and then she gets it right and I can't help but think that's an accident.  She's a beautiful woman, but usually dresses very tacky.

I think Kyle's problem when she started was she dresses in what the trend is. We will never forget gladiator sandals Kyle.

I do think overall this season she was more spot on and beautiful than bad and I thought to myself she finally got a stylist that she LISTENS to.

But as one of the originals on this show, she should have tested the dresses in the sitting pose - she's a veteran with 7 years of reunions.

So I dunno what happenned....did she not listen to the stylist or did the stylist pick this dress? Gah!

Since PK was in part 1, will Mauricio and Ken appear? Will Mauricio be sporting an accessory with the Agency logo? Ken usual velvet and dog in toe?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

Damn, a lot of Ericka hate on this board!  I still love her.  Yeah, she could have a better sense of humor but she's poised, articulate and I could tell she was genuinely embarrassed by panty gate.  PK is a pig, I don't get why anyone could like/defend him.  I  mean, even HE seems to think he went too far in his quest for his own diamond at that party. 

Kyle's dress.  I listened to her on a podcast where she was saying she really regretted her dress choice at the reunion.  As soon as I saw that thing I thought "yep, I would too." 

What is with the PK hate?

• Love 12
8 hours ago, jinjer said:

I like Erika a lot. She has a big following on Instagram and Twitter and whenever Andy posts about her on FB, he gets a lot of likes.  Just because people here don't overwhelmingly like her, doesn't mean that other places have the same reaction.

We don't know the real story of Erika's relationship with her son. At all. Or PK's with his kids. Slade had a relationship with his kids, he just didn't pay for them hence the deadbeat dad moniker.  She may have flown back and forth to NYC all the time.  The husband moved to Vegas at one point, and Erika modeled for his venture, so she maintained a good relationship with him. Maybe the husband brought her son out, maybe she flew back and forth. Who knows. Not us despite all the assertions here to the contrary. Erika says she left her son in NYC, she never talked about not seeing him. 

Dorit baited Erika all season. I think the baiting on top of pantigate on top of her disingenuous claims of, "Who me??" wrt the pills is what led to the blowup in Hong Kong. While I think Rinna loved the pill popping story, Dorit can't claim innocence bc she played into Rinna's hands. 

PK looked like he dyed his hair for the reunion. 

I am hoping they have put pantigate to bed this first part, and we don't ever have to hear about it again. Maybe that is why this part of the reunion was so Erika heavy, and now we will move onto Rinna/Dorit or Rinna/Kyle and they will bring out Eden and Kim - but most likely that will be part 3.

I admit:  I love Erika.  But I also love Dorit.  Not sure why!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Is that how she keeps Harry too? (cue slasher music)

sounds like Rinna threatens Harry's alleged (per gossip) victims and uses her contacts to get them blacklisted (or they are so emotionally damaged, ptsd, they no longer work). I'm not sure Harry is that great of a catch (definitely not if the gossip is correct).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Rinna (If she is brave enough to go there): Boy George is a convicted drug felon in 2 countries both the US and the UK. He served prison time in the UK for his offense there, he pled guilty to a lesser charge here in the US and served community service. That is the greater danger to your children since you say he lives with you.

I have never been a Boy George fan, so had no idea of his past. Wow, not only is he a convicted drug felon, but was imprisoned in the UK for 15 months for imprisoning a male escort, handcuffing him to a wall and beating him with a metal chain. He also falsely reported a burglary at his apartment in New York City. Wow, just the kind of upstanding person I would want as godfather for my child. 

I will admit I did laugh out loud on a previous show when Dorito acted shocked - shocked I say - at the idea of drugs being consumed in her house. She has two babies, after all! As if no mother/father has even done drugs. Come to think of it, maybe that is why she needs 24/7 nanny care for her children. Hmmmm.........

• Love 6

Well I for one, am thrilled that Dorit aquired that accent.  Otherwise we Trash Talk TV readers would never have been gifted with Ronnie's delightful re-enactment of it.  He seriously kills me!

Dorit is clucking like a hen now. “I leeve een a coke dahn! I have two littleuh behbehs buht Ah leeve een a cokeuh daynuh!” Girl, having two babies doesn’t close your nostrils. If anything, you’re establishing a solid motive.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have never been a Boy George fan, so had no idea of his past. Wow, not only is he a convicted drug felon, but was imprisoned in the UK for 15 months for imprisoning a male escort, handcuffing him to a wall and beating him with a metal chain. He also falsely reported a burglary at his apartment in New York City. Wow, just the kind of upstanding person I would want as godfather for my child. 

I will admit I did laugh out loud on a previous show when Dorito acted shocked - shocked I say - at the idea of drugs being consumed in her house. She has two babies, after all! As if no mother/father has even done drugs. Come to think of it, maybe that is why she needs 24/7 nanny care for her children. Hmmmm.........

I'm not understanding why what George did has anything to do with Dorit?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Aside from the fact that it was really unflattering, as already mentioned?  When you wear something with fine stripes on TV, they strobe or make moiré patterns or whatever the technical term is.  I think the OP was referring to the fact that with all her time in front of the camera, Kyle should've known not to wear a dress with that kind of pattern.  On my TV at least, it was very hard to look at.

I was very impressed with LVP's stealth in asking that question.  I think Erika's eyes hardened for an instant (if it were possible for them to get any harder), but it was really Andy who cut off that line of discussion.  I don't know if it was intentional on his part, but he gave Erika a door to scoot through, and she used it.

Speaking of Erika (and who wasn't, ad nauseam?), she obviously took the NeNe Leakes approach to reunion attitude tonight, didn't she?  Never making eye contact, never smiling, looking as if she'd rather be getting a root canal.  That didn't work out so well for NeNe in the end, so maybe rethink that next year.  And get a new glam squad.  A wardrobe person who knows something about bras.

So I wasn't the only one thinking she needed a better foundation garment?  I HATED Erika's dress.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

This first hour felt like The Erika Show and I found it boring.

She has double standards and gives passes to Eileen and Rinna who mocked her the most with pantygate. She delights in Rinna's bullshit. Erika's stonefaced "I'm too cool" look annoyed me. Pretentious yet loves to play victim (strange combinations). She just seems calculated and wants to be "the cool girl".  It is so frustrating to watch Erika not care what Rinna or Eileen say or do but get so offended any time LVP or Dorit say anything. Also she kept butting in like when she butted in on LVP defending Dorit (coke allegations) and butted in on PK. She also does this thing where she just shuts people down: "shut up" "calm down" "you talk to much" "don't ever say that again"....RUDE

I'm irked that Andy didn't show clips of Eileen and Rinna mocking Erika! Also Andy seemed up Erika's ass. She seemed like a petulant teenager when asked if she minded if PK came out to the set...."it's not my show" LOL bitch please

However I did think Erika's make up and hair looked fine.

Agree with all. Erika probably learned the 'shut people up' trick from her husband while he was telling her to shut up. He was on camera for half a second before that little gem got caught by the cameras. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Season 3.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Beachdreamer said:

for which Erika apologizes by having her staff make up Eileen so that Erika can say that the transformation made her "pretty" and "the most popular girl"- which implies she was neither to begin with.

Her glam squad was right there with her, she was giving her the gift of "pretty." Isn't it natural to ask someone if they feel pretty right after having their hair and makeup done? Geez, I think they are both aware that Eileen has no problems getting "pretty" any other time.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Andy is shady as shit. "Pink elephant" is a saying! Also wtf was up with him asking Dorit if she was really dirty for having multiple maids.

He always has his favorites and I usually disagree with who they are...Brandi, Bethanny, he was BRUTAL to Kelly from OC, Kelly was an asshole but not for Cohen to be downright rude to on his crappy show. By all means he should be tough on them, but be tough on them EQUALLY, you putz! We shouldn't see him playing favorites. He's their boss, it's weird.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

S4

It would be shocking to me to learn that LVP and Brandi didn't know that Kyle didn't want the Mauricio cheating rumors brought up on TV. Maybe they didn't, but if you are going to bring something like that up, I would ask first. If I cared, and maybe they did not. We know Kim didn't want to talk about Chad - for obvious reasons, and much was done by the entire family to keep it quiet. LVP certainly knew Eileen didn't want to talk about the affair. She had said at the reunion that talking about it on the show had been quite painful to her and Vince's kids, and was so angry with Brandi for bringing it up to begin with. 

And yes, they do get together from time to time and agree not to bring something up. They all agreed about Brandi and her tampon deal (until Joyce angrily brought it up at the reunion). An acquaintance who works in Reality TV said that production was beside themselves because they wanted it discussed since it happened smack dab in the middle of filming and went along with the theme of Brandi being a drunk that season. They tried hard, but they got no takers and everyone agreed it was just a bridge too far and would be too hurtful to her kids later on. She said they were very worried about Brandi because she was terrified of the immediate talk by some that she should lose custody of her boys over it. Or as she said "they all became true mommies" and regardless of what anyone thought about Brandi, they just weren't willing to engage, despite the prodding from production, or the fact they were all talking about it off camera. She said the especially thought that Kyle would talk, since that was the same season LVP and Brandi brought up the Mauricio stuff on camera. 

I don't think all of these situations are analogous, though. 

Chad was a not a participant on the show and his mental health episode occurred off camera and involved issues of an explicitly medical nature. 

Brandi WAS a participant in the series and, although her TamponStringGate conduct was not part of the footage captured for season 4, she herself had, for example, introduced tabloid coverage of incidents pertaining to Kyle and Mauricio into the narrative discourse during filming.

Eileen had addressed the extramarital origins of the Van Patten family at length in the course of season five and has an extended record of reviving matters that other women have found embarrassing (i.e. the obsession with Kim that is only now abating and Erika's humiliation). 

Regarding the matter of Lisa asking Erika a question about her parenting, I don't see why that's objectionable considering Erika has a) described herself as a struggling and exhausted single mom in the press this year b) has gone after Dorit as a mother on social media and c) made commentary related to both subjects on this reunion.  

The door's pretty much closed on Won't Someone Think of the Children imo with respect to Rinna alleging that Dorit threw a cocaine-fueled bacchanal with her children upstairs; Erika openly applauding that accusation; and Eileen uttering nary a word counter to it. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, VedaPierce said:

He always has his favorites and I usually disagree with who they are...Brandi, Bethanny, he was BRUTAL to Kelly from OC, Kelly was an asshole but not for Cohen to be downright rude to on his crappy show. By all means he should be tough on them, but be tough on them EQUALLY, you putz! We shouldn't see him playing favorites. He's their boss, it's weird.

Agree. I also don't remember it ever being quite so one-sided before; there was so much cut and pasting of that Erica HK dinner scene I had to bust out the Windex. 

• Love 7