Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Roamin' Holiday

• Start Topic

And those people can say anything they want depending on their own habits and motives. Still no proof. I'm not disputing that he's doing drugs but need more proof than people who hang out with him. Are they doing drugs with him? Have they seen him do drugs in their presence? Any phone photos? What kind of drugs? I don't take anyone's word on any of this anymore without proof. And as we all know, anything can be photoshopped or lied about. 

16 hours ago, Gam2 said:

And those people can say anything they want depending on their own habits and motives. Still no proof. I'm not disputing that he's doing drugs but need more proof than people who hang out with him. Are they doing drugs with him? Have they seen him do drugs in their presence? Any phone photos? What kind of drugs? I don't take anyone's word on any of this anymore without proof. And as we all know, anything can be photoshopped or lied about. 

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone to believe anything about Shep's extracurricular activities. I just mentioned the things that people I know from Charleston, who have seen him and hung out casually with him, said about him. And because I know those people, I don't think there's any reason for them to lie or make up anything about it. *shrugs* 

And like zenme said, Shep himself mentioned about taking shrooms before. 

Just a funny bit - some of the Charleston people I know have been "background" people when they film in bars or restaurants. Sometimes I tease them that maybe if they become chummy enough with the right people, they can get a line or two. Heh. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2

I still like Shep *hangs head*. He is a hundred million times nicer than the men who do the same thing in my little vacation town. You want to talk Peter Pan Sin-drome (title of S1 Ep 1) come sit by me! I don't care if he sleeps with a lot of women and dabbles in recreational drugs. I enjoy his talking heads and I wish I had mailbox money ?

• Love 5

RedDelicious, I don't mind him either. It's not like he's married and has a family. He's not a financial drain on society...plus, like you, I enjoy his talking heads.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I wish I had mailbox money ?

Don't we all? :)

I don't mind Shep and I liked his talking heads in earlier seasons, when he's self-aware enough that this show is mostly tongue-in-cheek and just fun and light. The last two episodes though, he's taking himself (and the show) way too seriously. Dude, it's a show about men banging women in Charleston. Don't act like it's some reflection on the meaning and purpose of life. Just go back to being the fun, empty, laidback dude you used to be. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 8

Landon is lazy and has no real understanding or appreciation for true creativity and business. She's just trying to convert a hobby into a business but still treating it as more like a hobby rather than an actual business.

I honestly think she would fail at a hobby too... And when she´s not talking, she has "oral skills" - how sad can a person get? Being a lame idiot with a horrible face is the only thing she´s good at! I almost feel sorry for her, if she wasn´t so mean and fake I probably would.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if Cameran's friendship with Shep doesn't have to do with the fact that she's the lone married featured woman. It's not like she hangs all the time with Patricia whom is older and no longer into the singles thing (at least not with this age group). I don't doubt the real ness of the friendship but think it's one made of convenience. She needs a buddy to hang with as her husband won't go on camera, and it's easier to go to functions with a friend (or meet them there) than to go it alone. It also should make her happy that she's married and not into the scenes that Shep describes (dating life). 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I'm wondering if Cameran's friendship with Shep doesn't have to do with the fact that she's the lone married featured woman. It's not like she hangs all the time with Patricia whom is older and no longer into the singles thing (at least not with this age group). I don't doubt the real ness of the friendship but think it's one made of convenience. She needs a buddy to hang with as her husband won't go on camera, and it's easier to go to functions with a friend (or meet them there) than to go it alone. It also should make her happy that she's married and not into the scenes that Shep describes (dating life). 

There's Elizabeth, but Elizabeth is at a different stage of her life too. She's a wife and mother. Cameran's got no kids. Additionally, Elizabeth is married to JD, which ugh. I can't handle him without a glass of wine when I watch the show. I'd imagine you'd have to pickle yourself if you hung with him in real life.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

. It's not like she hangs all the time with Patricia whom is older and no longer into the singles thing (at least not with this age group

Actually on her Instagram when not filming she hangs out a lot more with Patricia than she does with Shep.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Actually on her Instagram when not filming she hangs out a lot more with Patricia than she does with Shep.

I don't participate in Instagram so I didn't know that. I stand corrected. Whatever do they do or have in common? A juicy bit of gossip over a martini? Interesting. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/13/2017 at 7:32 PM, larapu2000 said:

Good god, do you take the entire bar exam in a handwritten Blue Book?  Have the law authorities heard of computerized scoring yet?  I got my GMAT scores back in 20 days!

Did Craig say for sure if he took it in February?  

Also, COLONEL Gizmo????????  I love a man with a title.

Yes, a large part of the bar exam is handwritten.  If I remember correctly a whole day is spent on the written portion. They are basically like court opinions. You will never be able to computerize legal opinions. I don't know why I am writing this-like anyone cares or will read it. haha. 

Edited by NoJustNo
  • Love 3

We have a few attorneys in our family and I know exactly what you're talking about. We hear from so many folks on this site who just gossip and too few who actually know what they're talking about. The bar is a bitch and those who pass it (especially on the first try) are to be commended on their accomplishment. Thanks for injecting some knowledge and sanity into this conversation.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

We have a few attorneys in our family and I know exactly what you're talking about. We hear from so many folks on this site who just gossip and too few who actually know what they're talking about. The bar is a bitch and those who pass it (especially on the first try) are to be commended on their accomplishment. Thanks for injecting some knowledge and sanity into this conversation.

I come from the same kind of family. Men did law...women did medicine. 

5 hours ago, NoJustNo said:

Yes, a large part of the bar exam is handwritten.  If I remember correctly a whole day is spent on the written portion. They are basically like court opinions. You will never be able to computerize legal opinions. I don't know why I am writing this-like anyone cares or will read it. haha. 

When I took the bar exam in PA, you could do the written on a laptop, but they had a way to disable your web browser. They also made you save it on a 3.5 inch disk, which was already kind of anachronistic when I took the bar more than a decade ago.

Yes, a large part of the bar exam is handwritten.  If I remember correctly a whole day is spent on the written portion.

OMG!  Who can translate the handwriting?  Or can they use laptops?  

On a non-related topic, can't Watson, or some other smart computer, render opinions about law that would be better than what judges do?  

(edited)
On 5/7/2017 at 11:47 AM, AuntieDiane6 said:

On a non-related topic, can't Watson, or some other smart computer, render opinions about law that would be better than what judges do?  

The same time a computer can do what doctors do. Which I can't imagine happening before globing warming creates greater challenges. haha but not really funny.

Legal reasoning is seldom straightforward. Were it we all would have passed the bar exam and skipped law school for that matter. For instance, your definition of "better" could mean at least a dozen things probably even to you. 

Edited by NoJustNo
I initially used an absolute-bad lawyer no cookie. ;)
On 4/12/2017 at 4:45 PM, nexxie said:

Really - TRav is beyond disgusting. What's with these women who are willing to be with him? Blech!

Oh gosh! And to have him comment on Landon's oral skills. That'll really impress his children when they're 15.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, Sage47 said:

How can Kathryn show her face on national TV sitting there with Danni telling how she hasn't seen her children in "months". Wooow. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if my babies were out of my life but Kathryn is appearing on a reality show....she is disturbed. 

I don't think she feels she has a choice. She's broke and has no marketable skills. I read that TRav is making her pay him for child support, granted, it's just a nominal amount, but it shows how vindictive he is. No one would hire her, can you imagine owning a business and having her walk in with a resume and job application. Not even a McDonalds would hire her to flip burgers. She's probably getting six figures a year to do this. I have a daughter her age, and I can say, for a fact, most women her age are not prepared to be bedded by 55 year old, rich, ex-con, alcoholic, drug abusing, sleeze ball, and get out of it with their sanity intact.

On 5/6/2017 at 5:27 PM, NoJustNo said:

Actually,  I do. I'm a CPA, and people often think it's ridiculous how long it takes to get results. You just can't multiple choice various tax scenarios for dissolution of a partnership. Work papers are a bear.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

most women her age are not prepared to be bedded by 55 year old, rich, ex-con, alcoholic, drug abusing, sleeze ball, and get out of it with their sanity intact

But, you have to remember, she slept with Whitney and Shep before she hit Thomas. All within a 2 week period. She knew exactly what she was doing. Her goal was to get pregnant by a rich guy who would support her for life. Her plans kind of went askew. She is a classic narcissist, is good at manipulating people. She did it throughout her time on this show, and in real life which wasn't shown on TV.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

But, you have to remember, she slept with Whitney and Shep before she hit Thomas. All within a 2 week period. She knew exactly what she was doing. Her goal was to get pregnant by a rich guy who would support her for life. Her plans kind of went askew. She is a classic narcissist, is good at manipulating people. She did it throughout her time on this show, and in real life which wasn't shown on TV.

Do you really think her plan was to get pregnant by Shep or Whitney? I think she just hoped that by having sex with them it might turn into a relationship and/or get her on the show -- which it did. I think the first pregnancy scare with Thomas was real and unexpected by both. It was only after he started pledging to take care of her, marry her, etc. if she had his baby that she and he actively tried to make a pregnancy happen.

• Love 2

I think Kathryn would do absolutely anything in order to bag a rich husband. Yes, if she got pregnant by Whitney or Shep, she'd behave in much the same way she has with Thomas as her baby daddy. And I think after Kensie, Saint was a slip up, neither of them thinks ahead about anything. 

• Love 3