Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Roamin' Holiday

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

What was Kathryn's intent from the get go?

To be on TV.  lol.  I don't think Kathryn is some great sainted model of awesome; she's a trainwreck.  But she's also SO young; she was nineteen when this show started.  I give her a pass for a lot because of that.  I just can't buy that she's just a plain old terrible person.  She doesn't strike me that way.  I think she's just young, not that bright, and overly emotional.  She absolutely needs to get her life together, and probably not on TV.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

young; she was nineteen when this show started.  I give her a pass for a lot because of that

She was 21 and a self proclaimed "bar star" when the show started filming and already dropped out of college.

I have no problem believing she is a terrible person because of her actions to treat those most supportive of her like shit and no I am not talking about Trav. Even Danni who seems awesome and plays productions game to give a bridge to why anyone would want to hang out with this bat shit crazy asshole., Kathryn has gone on twitter saying she is not actually friends with Danni.

• Love 5

I don't know;  I guess where she's concerned I have hope she'll figure things out at some point.   We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.   And in shows like this, so much is scripted and produced it's probably difficult to ascertain the actual relationships involved anyway.

• Love 3

True that. My point of view about Kathryn is based 90% on her real life actions not the show which because both she and Trav are garbage people you can find the SM posts, video and court documents easily.

I hope Trav's nannies are supportive cuz those poor children got dealt a shitty ass deal.

• Love 9

Katherine's talking head where she confesses to the failed drug tests was ridiculous, all dolled up, plunging top.

She can't be that oblivious that's not a look of contrition or humility?

As for Landon, the web site has to be a fake story for the show?  Season 2 she implied she walked away from a lot of money divorcing her husband.  Yet she lives well and schoomozes with rich guys.  Who paid to put up that web site demo?  Probably Bravo or her TV money.

Naomi wants both Craig and her to get high paying jobs so they'd have money and travel.  They probably already have money because you know, it takes quite a bit of money to drive a Porsche.

My opinions on Kathryn are based half what I read online and half what I hear from friends in the area, one who works with Thomas. Kathryn is dangerous. Especially where the kids are concerned. She has no regard for anyone except her dealer(s) and where her next high is coming from.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

What was Kathryn's intent from the get go?

Oh, that's easy. It was to find someone rich, get pregnant, then get married, and spend her life as a vapid Charleston socialite with no real skills, interests, or hobbies. She managed the first two in that list, then she went psycho and rescued defeat from the jaws of victory when it came to the third and fourth ones.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She was 21 and a self proclaimed "bar star" when the show started filming and already dropped out of college.

I have no problem believing she is a terrible person because of her actions to treat those most supportive of her like shit and no I am not talking about Trav. Even Danni who seems awesome and plays productions game to give a bridge to why anyone would want to hang out with this bat shit crazy asshole., Kathryn has gone on twitter saying she is not actually friends with Danni.

Yeah, it's really just hard to sympathize and understand Kathryn anymore. Especially as she's had chances and afforded the opportunities (Malibu rehab) that most others in her condition can only ever dream of. She has alienated everyone who has been patient and understanding towards her. And even as some of her biggest boosters are finding out, she hasn't changed her lifestyle at all, despite seeing for herself what it does to her and her kids if she goes towards the deep end. 

The "she's young" excuse can only go too far. And like most everyone here said, it's not like she lived a clean life before and this show just sort of "corrupted" her. She was already living that hard, fast and dangerous lifestyle even before this show. It's sad because there was a time during filming (basing from social media) that it seemed like she finally turned the corner and looked like she and TRav agreed to be civil to each other for the sake of the kids. But now, that's all gone and it's even messier than it is before. And if true that she's shacking up with some dude who is supplying her the drugs, and has refused all help that reached out to her, how long before the worst happens?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I've never read jealousy coming off of Shep towards Craig. Annoyance, mostly, because Craig is a smart guy but is throwing his advantages away with his eyes wide open. Shep parties but also invests in business and homes and creates/contributes in his own way. Craig parties and it's destructive, he loses jobs and opportunities and wastes his education. Shep sees it all happening and wants Craig to wake up and it looks like Naomi is heading that way too. Shep sees the reality show as a lark; Craig is using it as his livelihood. 

Plus, Craig is deceptive. Not only did he misrepresent where he was regarding his law degree/practice, he put on that show of applying for the bar exam with Shep ... even down to wondering if he should attach his pic with a glue stick! 

I listened to a podcast Shep did with a former Bachelor contestant and it looks like Shep's annoyance with Craig also stems from the fact that it seemed like SC production let Craig get away with a lot of crap during filming Season 2, IIRC. I think what he's implying is that production probably cut or edited a lot of Craig's shit out of the show, while probably not giving the same "courtesy" to Shep. So they can probably have a good vs. bad storyline between the two of them. How true is that, who knows.

One funny bit, Shep also said that he's sad production edited out his waxing session with Cameran that was supposed to be in Episode 1. 

• Love 1

I think I love Craig more now that he has Gizmo.  Especially if he's allergic to cats!!!!

And I have to give him a little credit for at least taking up some hobbies that might actually benefit them in the process.  He's probably got an awesome garden and it looks like he's able to tackle some major woodworking projects.  If we saw him doing a bunch of nothing then I'd probably be really pissed off.  

He's probably exhausted from keeping up that lie for 2+ years lol 

I really hope he was truthful with Naomi though from the start... or at least shortly into the relationship...

What ever happened with his "partnership" with JD's whiskey or whatever? Did that relationship end at the end of last season?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

What ever happened with his "partnership" with JD's whiskey or whatever? Did that relationship end at the end of last season?

Yeah, he quit working for JD in one of the last few episodes of last season. It was an episode or two after he realized he's not going to be managing the whiskey division. His attitude then was that he might as well go back and finish law school, pass the bar, and be a lawyer.

2 hours ago, scrb said:

As for Landon, the web site has to be a fake story for the show?  Season 2 she implied she walked away from a lot of money divorcing her husband.  Yet she lives well and schoomozes with rich guys.  Who paid to put up that web site demo?  Probably Bravo or her TV money.

International man of mystery Lockhart Steele? Ok, ok, Lockhart gave up on her long since her sketch of ArtAndLikeTravelAndUmArtAndLikeStuff.com, but any time we can invoke the name of Lockhart Steele--the greatest name in the history of names--you have to do it.

• Love 5

What blows my mind (pun intended?) about Kathryn is that in the first season, they made such a huge deal about how she was the "scion" of two prominent South Carolina families and even then she was a massive dumpster fire with no manners and no couth whatsoEVER.  With all of the opportunities to turn herself around, what would she be turning around to?  She's never not been a total mess.

I can't stand Craig on the basis of his whiny ass voice alone.  Run, Naomie, run.  Unless it's just that you need a cat nanny.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

What blows my mind (pun intended?) about Kathryn is that in the first season, they made such a huge deal about how she was the "scion" of two prominent South Carolina families and even then she was a massive dumpster fire with no manners and no couth whatsoEVER.  With all of the opportunities to turn herself around, what would she be turning around to?  She's never not been a total mess.

That always bugged me about Kathryn too---what kind of supposedly blue-blooded "Scion" of some historic family would actually behave in such a tacky, gross manner?! For such a supposed pedigree, it's like she was raised with no good breeding or manners whatsoever.

And I'm not talking about her partying/extracurricular activities, but rather her entire demeanor, lack of direction and questionable vocabulary. The gal didn't even bother to graduate from college, seemingly had no professional aspirations beyond "bar star"/reality show model, and acts/dresses/talks like common trailer trash. I'm in shock that she even managed to work her way into these stellar social circles given her crude character. Gals who want to fit in within the upper echelon aren't getting into ragey explitive-filled fights with that crowd or flipping them the bird and generally aren't acting like they've been raised by wolves. 

And I refuse to give in to the "but she's so young" excuse either---if you're wanting to fit in with an older and established crowd, you've got to play by their rules. She's now seeing just how far her ridiculously immature and selfish behavior has gotten her; I just think she's not only a shitty, horribly self-centered person overall, but she has severe emotional issues. Maybe there's a reason her family seemingly handles her with kid-gloves---she likely has had awful tantrums her entire life and they've just hoped that her striking looks would land her a man...any man...who would support her and deal with her and her mental problems. Looks like Thomas was dumb enough to fall for her. But would he really care about her if he hadn't have fallen for her "physicality" and her "scion" status from the beginning?

• Love 15

Landon is 35? Gah, it's time to stop acting like a giggly college girl. Cameran is younger and is so much more together. I'm surprised Landon isn't more jealous of her.

I'm really tired of Cameran playing her "who will be the one for Shep" season after season. He is not that great of a catch. 

• Love 10

I learned one very important thing from this episode. Don't use the public bar/restaurant bathrooms in Charleston!! I could get cooties from one of Whitlesses deal closings !! It also speaks of how he's a taker and not a giver (of pleasure). Guess there was a method to that madness of wearing a trench coat. Gee, and it was such a pleasant place to visit. 

• Love 1

Looks like Thomas was dumb enough to fall for her. But would he really care about her if he hadn't have fallen for her "physicality"

The memory of Thomas waxing about Katherine's "physicality" with his Charleston drawl never fails to crack me up.

Landon is 35? Gah, it's time to stop acting like a giggly college girl. Cameran is younger and is so much more together. I'm surprised Landon isn't more jealous of her.

I'm surprised at her age too, but it makes sense as she seems so lost and desperate. Her clock is probably ticking to bag that billionaire she wants and to birth his child. But wait guys. Stage two of Roaming, The Website, includes getting a cut of hotel reservations made through the site. Just a few more tweaks and Landon will be raking in the cash.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2017 at 10:24 AM, Lizzing said:

I particularly hate TRav for putting in my head the idea of Whitney "closing the deal" in a bar bathroom and Landon being adept at "oral skills."  He's on par with the skeeviest of Bravo old man pervs, Aviva's father George. 

Really - TRav is beyond disgusting. What's with these women who are willing to be with him? Blech!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

True that. My point of view about Kathryn is based 90% on her real life actions not the show which because both she and Trav are garbage people you can find the SM posts, video and court documents easily.

I hope Trav's nannies are supportive cuz those poor children got dealt a shitty ass deal.

I find the whole Kathryn-TRav-Kathryn losing custody storyline not fun, not interesting, not even OMFG, just depressing. 

4 minutes ago, scrb said:

I'm surprised nobody has called Daisy, or whatever her name is, by her true function, beard.

They quickly dispatched the German chick tho.

Lol, Whitney the chick hound. He's crazy for the ladies dontcha know! If he tells us another 100 times maybe he'll convince himself.

• Love 9

They quickly dispatched the German chick tho.

She ran and left no forwarding address after Whit did his Elvis inspired  I love you, I love you so f***ing much "song".  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I find the whole Kathryn-TRav-Kathryn losing custody storyline not fun, not interesting, not even OMFG, just depressing. 

Lol, Whitney the chick hound. He's crazy for the ladies dontcha know! If he tells us another 100 times maybe he'll convince himself.

He is so sad to watch. He never seems comfortable with himself, and his sole purpose is talking about the others because there is nothing going on there. MAYBE he'll have something of a storyline this season...

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, scrb said:

Katherine's talking head where she confesses to the failed drug tests was ridiculous, all dolled up, plunging top.

She can't be that oblivious that's not a look of contrition or humility?

Are you serious? This reads as if she was being coquettish and pouting while confessing, and she wasn't. Was she supposed to have been dressed in a black turtleneck with her hair covering her face? Who the hell cares about how she was dressed? This is a TV show; she's not going to be allowed on screen looking a wreck even if that's how she really feels. 

Not sure what Naomie sees in Craig. My mom, like many moms, has always said, "Water seeks its own level.", and Craig is not on Naomie's level, right now. She may be stuck on his "potential", which is always a curse. 

• Love 6

I'd always laugh when they showed Whitney and his "girlfriend". They could not have been more uncomfortable with each other. I'm sure she thought this would bring her some kind of recognition in the US but that was a huge mistake on her part. They were just a joke on a joke of a TV show. Why doesn't he just give it up and admit he's gay and doesn't even want a woman? Momma knows and will support him financially anyway. He gives me the real creeps. 

• Love 5

I actually thought Landon's outfit for the soft launch was cute, and I liked her necklace, but it would have worked better if she had, like, fish-tail braid or a "messy" chignon to pull attention away from her hair and onto the necklace, where it belonged. The statement-aspect of necklace was lost because it was almost always covered by her hair.

Shep can be a jerk towards Craig but honestly, Craig is a liar and a poseur. He is trying to live the rich lifestyle but meanwhile he is a bum and has no trust fund to fall back on so just what exactly is he doing?? Shep finds Craig's behavior self-sabotaging and loser-ish. 

Remember when Craig would always "forget" his wallet at the bar and make Shep pay? Craig has poor character. 

Naomie is a puzzle. Does she not feel kind of used by this guy who gets to live in beautiful homes, courtesy of her parents?? This guy who blatantly lied about law school and the bar? Her parents must be thrilled. 

How can Kathryn show her face on national TV sitting there with Danni telling how she hasn't seen her children in "months". Wooow. I wouldn't be able to get out of bed if my babies were out of my life but Kathryn is appearing on a reality show....she is disturbed. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 3

All I got is Thomas is disgusting for not having his children live in his home but instead a guest house. If you're worried about a $30K rug, put it in storage for a while. I honestly cannot wrap my head around this. Maybe you don't want your best friend's kids breaking the china on a visit but these are YOUR CHILDREN!!!  Those kids are doomed.

• Love 6

The idea of the kids living in the guest house certainly is odd, but it's not like they're living  in some old garage apartment. That house is gorgeous, and it's literally steps through a beautiful garden to get between homes. The nanny lives there as well, and I'm sure she prefers the set up, and Thomas can still do his cat-dogging out of view of the kids. I'm betting--or hoping, that once those kids are a tad older, they'll all be under one roof. 

I think Naomi seems much more of a go-getter than Craig, and I'm sure Naomi's parents are not pleased. I know I would not be. Craig's laissez faire attitude with respect to work will get old for Naomi. I give it one more year. If Craig doesn't change, I bet he's out.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Remember when Craig would always "forget" his wallet at the bar and make Shep pay? Craig has poor character. 

Naomie is a puzzle. Does she not feel kind of used by this guy who gets to live in beautiful homes, courtesy of her parents?? This guy who blatantly lied about law school and the bar? Her parents must be thrilled. 

1 hour ago, zenme said:

I think Naomi seems much more of a go-getter than Craig, and I'm sure Naomi's parents are not pleased. I know I would not be. Craig's laissez faire attitude with respect to work will get old for Naomi. I give it one more year. If Craig doesn't change, I bet he's out.

I'm not sure if their relationship will actually last the season, to be honest. In previews, he seems to get pretty condescending, insulting, and petty with her. Those previews made me cringe because that's not how you treat the woman you supposedly are in love with and want to marry. I'm not saying she should be on a pedestal or anything like that. It's just that you don't look at your girlfriend/fiance/wife and tell her she's being kind of dumb. After all, there's an actual message you're trying to convey and insulting her - at the least - will prevent that from happening. Insult her often and/or severely enough and someone like Naomie will walk away.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

That always bugged me about Kathryn too---what kind of supposedly blue-blooded "Scion" of some historic family would actually behave in such a tacky, gross manner?! For such a supposed pedigree, it's like she was raised with no good breeding or manners whatsoever.

And I'm not talking about her partying/extracurricular activities, but rather her entire demeanor, lack of direction and questionable vocabulary. The gal didn't even bother to graduate from college, seemingly had no professional aspirations beyond "bar star"/reality show model, and acts/dresses/talks like common trailer trash. I'm in shock that she even managed to work her way into these stellar social circles given her crude character. Gals who want to fit in within the upper echelon aren't getting into ragey explitive-filled fights with that crowd or flipping them the bird and generally aren't acting like they've been raised by wolves. 

And I refuse to give in to the "but she's so young" excuse either---if you're wanting to fit in with an older and established crowd, you've got to play by their rules. She's now seeing just how far her ridiculously immature and selfish behavior has gotten her; I just think she's not only a shitty, horribly self-centered person overall, but she has severe emotional issues. Maybe there's a reason her family seemingly handles her with kid-gloves---she likely has had awful tantrums her entire life and they've just hoped that her striking looks would land her a man...any man...who would support her and deal with her and her mental problems. Looks like Thomas was dumb enough to fall for her. But would he really care about her if he hadn't have fallen for her "physicality" and her "scion" status from the beginning?

She got into those circles because she's "hot."  That's why cocktail waitresses at exclusive clubs around the world line up to wear skimpy outfits and uncomfortably high heels, in order to get "in" with the wealthy, well-heeled crowd.  I'm not going to generalize or stereotype men, but if a woman is good looking enough, men will overlook the crazy, the tacky, the etc etc etc, in order to get the goods.

14 hours ago, Jel said:

Yeah, I'm only slightly ashamed to admit I watch Teen Mom.  And when the moms AND dads on Teen Mom are decidedly better parents than you, you should just give up now.  It's horrifying what those kids are going through, it's horrifying that it's playing out on TV.  I would rather watch Amber and Matt suck face in lawn chairs in their garage in Indiana than watch these two interact with each other or watch as they neglect their children.  And yes-I do think that keeping your children in a different home is neglect.  Just because the home in question is well appointed doesn't make it any less disgusting what Thomas is doing.

2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I'm not sure if their relationship will actually last the season, to be honest. In previews, he seems to get pretty condescending, insulting, and petty with her. Those previews made me cringe because that's not how you treat the woman you supposedly are in love with and want to marry. I'm not saying she should be on a pedestal or anything like that. It's just that you don't look at your girlfriend/fiance/wife and tell her she's being kind of dumb. After all, there's an actual message you're trying to convey and insulting her - at the least - will prevent that from happening. Insult her often and/or severely enough and someone like Naomie will walk away.

THIS.  Considering that Naomie is getting an MBA in Finance, he's the one being dumb.  (I have 2 business degrees and Finance is still mostly magic, fantasy, and urban legend to me)

• Love 3
On 4/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, Sun-Bun said:

These Southern scion types are basing their scion-dom on having families that were huge slave owners during the slave-economy years.  That does not make them paragons of pedigree.  It just makes them descendants of slave owners whose rich and pampered lifestyles were funded by the labor of people who they considered property, people who were beaten, people who were whipped, people who they considered less than human.  I don't see where the good breeding comes in at all, so I have no expectations of good breeding from people who are oh-so-proud of their slave owning past.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, MrSmith said:

If Instagram is to be believed, they went to a wedding together on March 26th, and he's shilling for Hello Fresh on April 4th with a picture of the 2 of them and Colonel Gizmo. He also called her his "ride or die" on March 28th.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Alison said:

If Instagram is to be believed, they went to a wedding together on March 26th, and he's shilling for Hello Fresh on April 4th with a picture of the 2 of them and Colonel Gizmo. He also called her his "ride or die" on March 28th.

Well, that's cool. They seem to be a good couple. So, if they are still together and making it work, that's great. It's hard to find someone you can love and who you can stand to be around for the next 50 or 60 years. (I don't know if they've decided on the second part of that, but the first part seems to be going swimmingly.)

• Love 2
13 hours ago, zenme said:

The idea of the kids living in the guest house certainly is odd, but it's not like they're living  in some old garage apartment. That house is gorgeous, and it's literally steps through a beautiful garden to get between homes. The nanny lives there as well, and I'm sure she prefers the set up, and Thomas can still do his cat-dogging out of view of the kids. I'm betting--or hoping, that once those kids are a tad older, they'll all be under one roof. 

When are the bar results released? If he sat in February, it must be soon. If Craiggy passed (!), I'm sure he'll let us all know about it.

Good god, do you take the entire bar exam in a handwritten Blue Book?  Have the law authorities heard of computerized scoring yet?  I got my GMAT scores back in 20 days!

Did Craig say for sure if he took it in February?  

Also, COLONEL Gizmo????????  I love a man with a title.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, zenme said:

I think it is indicative of the fact that he really isn't willing to totally sacrifice for his kids. I seriously can't imagine my kids not being under the same roof as me and that is what I took from that. They sleep with the nanny there?  Bizarre. I don't care how much money you have. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Thomas lives in the guest house with the kids. The nanny is there during the day while he is at work. The big house is more or less for show, parties, etc.

Thomas also said it was his nanny's idea to stay in the guest house as it is more kid-friendly. The main house has lots of stairs, more furniture, etc.

• Love 1
On 4/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, chewycandy said:

I'm really tired of Cameran playing her "who will be the one for Shep" season after season. He is not that great of a catch. 

Amen.  The more that Cameran talks about Shep, the more I wonder if he struggles with substance abuse and/or mental illness.  Something just isn't right with him.  Maybe, it's just him pouring it on for the cameras, but, man, he sure is a natural.  If I were out with my friends and we met him in a bar, I know there would be eye rolls and later lots of laughs about how ridiculous he is.  Did I hear that he is 37 years old? OMG.  And his maturity level is about 19.....maybe.  Why does Cameran find him so amusing?  I'd be rather worried, but, not because he's single, but because he may have liver damage or be seriously depressed.  

I thought it was interesting when Kathryn was describing how she felt not seeing her kids, she didn't really talk about  her feelings or missing them.  What she said was that she saw the kids everyday and then she didn't.  So, the big deal was a change in her schedule?  Not about how her heart was breaking, pain from not being with her babies, but, a routine switch-up.  Please.......

And Thomas advocating Whit having random sex in public restroom?????  That was a joke, right?  I mean, he's juvenile too.  I pray that producers are writing this stuff, because if his stuff is his idea.......lol. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
21 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amen.  The more that Cameran talks about Shep, the more I wonder if he struggles with substance abuse and/or mental illness.  Something just isn't right with him.  Maybe, it's just him pouring it on for the cameras, but, man, he sure is a natural.  If I were out with my friends and we met him in a bar, I know there would be eye rolls and later lots of laughs about how ridiculous he is.  Did I hear that he is 37 years old? OMG.  And his maturity level is about 19.....maybe.  Why does Cameran find him so amusing?  I'd be rather worried, but, not because he's single, but because he may have liver damage or be seriously depressed.  

Word around Charleston is that Shep is heavily into drugs. He's just not getting caught or busted. That, plus the drinking and partying into mornings, now takes a toll, and at 37 years old, the hard life manifests itself more than it would than if he was 25 years old instead.

If I were Cameran's friend and she starts setting me up with Shep and she thinks it's a genuinely good idea, I would seriously question our friendship. From Cameran's own words, he's a whore, and she's heard all of his dirty stories about dating women. Why would Cameran ever think it's a good idea to set Shep up with anyone, let alone one of her friends?! Just let him get his way around the coeds of CofC and spare your friends the headache, and possible STDs.

• Love 2

Slow poked, when you say "Word about Charleston is that Shep is heavily into drugs", what evidence do you have? That's a serious charge to lay on someone when there's been no evidence of that on this show. We all know that he's a real drinker and womanizer but to say he's into drugs is a whole nother thing. I'd be careful about saying something like that about anyone without providing proof of those rumors. We could say that about anyone.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Slow poked, when you say "Word about Charleston is that Shep is heavily into drugs", what evidence do you have? That's a serious charge to lay on someone when there's been no evidence of that on this show. We all know that he's a real drinker and womanizer but to say he's into drugs is a whole nother thing. I'd be careful about saying something like that about anyone without providing proof of those rumors. We could say that about anyone.

From people who know him and people who hang out with him.

• Love 1