Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Toe to Toe

• Start Topic

The things that annoyed me the most in this episode:

? Twit's girly yelp every time she hit the drywall with a hammer.

?  Her pawing thru Buddy's possessions. (He needs to get out of that house & from under her thumb NOW.)

? Mattie's bringing fried chicken & pie to her 2 morbidly obese friends.

? Mattie's & Tal's bullying Todd without letting him explain his side of the story.

? Mattie.

? Tal once again announcing he is a counselor. What school is ever going to hire him; he's lost all credibility, just as Will has, for his participation in this "reality" farce.

? The phoniness and, frankly, creepiness of reinacting Babs' stroke.

? Another doctor NOT telling Twit, "It's your weight, Stupid, and until you lose 200 or so pounds, you are going to have problems with your feet and legs."

? Dance battle. I am so sick about hearing those words that I'm ready to buy a trophy for Twit & mail it to her myself if that will make it STOP.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

"Dance Battle" ?drink every time you hear about it. 

As often as it's mentioned, I'd have to drink a CASE of whatever.

• Love 4

Whitney might be able to pay for the remodel now, but my guess is that Glenn knows this isn't going to last so he's looking at every dollar that goes into converting the garage to a dance studio that will be used roughly 4 times as a dollar that could have been saved and he'll likely eventually be on the hook for it eventually.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

Whitney might be able to pay for the remodel now, but my guess is that Glenn knows this isn't going to last so he's looking at every dollar that goes into converting the garage to a dance studio that will be used roughly 4 times as a dollar that could have been saved and he'll likely eventually be on the hook for it eventually.

Not to mention that he has a financial interest in a house that his daughter's expensive renovations are actually going to diminish in value. North Carolina has weather; a garage that is attached to a house is worth far more to the vast majority of buyers than an amateurishly designed dance studio.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, leighroda said:

I agree. Glenn knows Twit is unemployable. The best job she could manage was minimum wage (so someone posted) at a radio station, working for Heather's then-husband when she returned from Korea to live with him & Babs. You're right: the dance studio will see as little use as that punching bag he installed in the garage for her. Further, as I noted above, he's figuring most home buyers are gonna want a garage, not a dance studio. He knows she'll have to sell the place when the reality show party is over, and her remodel is gonna result in a lower sales price.

• Love 2

Strap a ton of water balloons to your body and try to walk around with all that weight waggling and swishing and you'll start to appreciate why obese people walk the way they do.

2 hours ago, leighroda said:

"daddie, why is my inheritance smaller?"

"you 'took some of it out already when I had to tear out the garage studio to sell your house when you defaulted on the mortgage."

• Love 7
On 4/13/2017 at 1:51 AM, Kramermom said:

Especially when she was bashing on the garage wall with the sledge hammer and racing down the driveway to get to the hospital.  It's totally a selective injury!  Fake!  Just like the show!

"Racing  down the driveway" is being nice.   It was more like a faster "Hitch in her Giddy up" waddle. 

• Love 4
On 4/13/2017 at 10:37 AM, Ketzel said:

Heh. Then she'd better have good liability insurance, because some of those girls in her class are going to be limping out of there, and at least one of them is going to know a lawyer!

I bet she didn't even think about getting insurance. She better make sure she has it. It's a business so any liability claim would not be covered under her homeowners insurance. 

What about a permit? I know a lot of towns won't let you fart without getting one.

I wouldn't be happy if I was Glen too.  It's his house too. He could have squashed the idea. But he could never say no to her. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bubbles1967 said:

I wouldn't be happy if I was Glen too.  It's his house too. He could have squashed the idea. But he could never say no to her.

He's perfectly capable of saying no to her. He just chooses not to.

• Love 5

OK, minor point, but a real annoyance. Twit Dear, keep your tongue IN YOUR MOUTH.  I know you think you look cute but I am disgusted. The most egregious example is when Todd invited you to accompany him to NY city. GAH, I know you have practiced it in the mirror. In public, just NO!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

OK, minor point, but a real annoyance. Twit Dear, keep your tongue IN YOUR MOUTH.  I know you think you look cute but I am disgusted. The most egregious example is when Todd invited you to accompany him to NY city. GAH, I know you have practiced it in the mirror. In public, just NO!

Another example: sampling huge bites of cake with her tongue out.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2017 at 11:59 AM, Dot said:

Glenn's there because he's ALWAYS there. (A young friend of mine recently sold her house to another young woman. She was constantly bugged by the woman's father, to the point that she seriously thought about cancelling the sale.) Glenn is not going to let his 12-year-old daughter do ANYTHING on her own becuz he never has. And he would never approve of changing a garage into a dance studio, figuring it would decrease the home's value. As for his eye-roll, I'm sure he's thinking about all the times he has been Payer-in-Chief.

A house purchase is much different from remodeling a room. Twit couldn't get a mortgage loan on her own cuz of the instability of reality show stardom. A contractor expects payment in full after the job is done & would have checked Twit's credit rating in advance.

Eh, depends on where you live. I just finished a job with a contractor. He remodeled my studio building. Paid with a deposit and a container of homemade candy. No credit check. But I get your point and agree about Glenn. Hell, he might have been there because it was in his contract with the show.

On 4/15/2017 at 0:25 PM, Dot said:

The things that annoyed me the most in this episode:

? Twit's girly yelp every time she hit the drywall with a hammer.

?  Her pawing thru Buddy's possessions. (He needs to get out of that house & from under her thumb NOW.)

? Mattie's bringing fried chicken & pie to her 2 morbidly obese friends.

? Mattie's & Tal's bullying Todd without letting him explain his side of the story.

? Mattie.

? Tal once again announcing he is a counselor. What school is ever going to hire him; he's lost all credibility, just as Will has, for his participation in this "reality" farce.

? The phoniness and, frankly, creepiness of reinacting Babs' stroke.

? Another doctor NOT telling Twit, "It's your weight, Stupid, and until you lose 200 or so pounds, you are going to have problems with your feet and legs."

? Dance battle. I am so sick about hearing those words that I'm ready to buy a trophy for Twit & mail it to her myself if that will make it STOP.

?Dot,  you outdid yourself on this one! ?The one that really got me was the bullet point "Mattie".  ???

• Love 1
On 4/15/2017 at 10:59 AM, Dot said:

A contractor expects payment in full after the job is done & would have checked Twit's credit rating in advance.

Actually probably not, someone who has done work on your house is up there on the list of people you don't want to owe money to because they can file a lien on your house and attempt to foreclosure.

It would be a fools errand with Whit because her mortgage would be paid first in a foreclosure and it is highly doubtful that she has enough equity in the house but it would be enough of a legal pain in the ass not to mess with a contract like that. Also Whit has enough celebrity unfortunately to be publically named and shamed if she didn't pay.  

• Love 1

"I'm always feeling crappy about letting them down. I don't know why I have a thing about that."

How about BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB (or at least that's what you'd have us believe)?!?!?!

Remember last season when that young woman from the class led the class a few times when you were too gimpy to do it?  And you ripped her a new asshole for deigning to try to lead "your class"?  

That "feeling crappy about letting them down" . . . is a little thing called RESPONSIBILITY.  Learn something about it you shiftless fuck.

As far as Glenn and the garage, my guess is that Whitney was drawing on a Line of Credit to pay for those renovations. (I've explained elsewhere my theory that she probably doesn't have all that much cash-on-hand from this show).  When he co-signed the Mortgage Glenn probably, correctly, assumed that he'd end up having to either rent out or flip the house when TLC kicks Whitney to the curb.  Now he sees her eroding the equity in the property, and he sees  that house being underwater soon.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Remember last season when that young woman from the class led the class a few times when you were too gimpy to do it?  And you ripped her a new asshole for deigning to try to lead "your class"?  

Has any more been seen of her?

9 hours ago, Alapaki said:

"I'm always feeling crappy about letting them down. I don't know why I have a thing about that."

How about BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB (or at least that's what you'd have us believe)?!?!?!

It just reflects further that she is a total narcissist who thinks nobody else can do what she does. I've taught many fitness classes in my 9-year career, and I've had a couple of injuries or illnesses where I couldn't teach (or at least, had to coach from the sidelines instead of participate). Guess what? I either showed up and barked out my orders, or I found a substitute teacher. Whitney just cancels her damn class (further evidence that the class is totally fake, as if we needed more). If I'd canceled my class and found out they did it without me, I'd have been happy, because it shows they are serious about fitness. Whitney's immediate reaction is hurt feelings because she NEEDS to feel like the ONLY person who can do her (stupid, common) job. Sorry, Whit, but a Zumba certification takes a weekend to get and costs about $250. I, a shitty dancer, could do what you do if I wanted to. Anyone reading this could EASILY do it. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney's immediate reaction is hurt feelings because she NEEDS to feel like the ONLY person who can do her (stupid, common) job.

My only quibble here, is that I think she was pissed, rather than hurt, because she was jealous that the class would work with someone else.

• Love 4

Has anyone noticed how, urm, pared down her troupe has become lately? When she was wearing the boot and asked them if they wanted to battle without her I saw Todd, Tal, Mattie, and maybe two other women. Counting Whit there seemed to be 6 people present.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Has anyone noticed how, urm, pared down her troupe has become lately? When she was wearing the boot and asked them if they wanted to battle without her I saw Todd, Tal, Mattie, and maybe two other women. Counting Whit there seemed to be 6 people present.

Doesn't it film whenever they fit it in?  Maybe some women have their own lives, and can't drop everything when Whit calls.

56 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I noticed that, too, but put it down to her & Jiya agreeing to limit their dance troups to 6. This was billed as the Dance Battle group, not the regular BCDC.

Edited by Dot

I noticed that, too, but put it down to her & Jiya agreeing to limit their dance troups to 6.

I guess I missed that part. Thanks for clarifying.

I barely watch this show, in fact, I don't know why I watch it. I can't even consider it a guilty pleasure. But some of the things she does tend to stick in my mind. And I am so glad to be able to come here to commiserate. For example, stuck her tongue out after she whined to Glenn, " but Daaaaaad, think of the cats (or was it kitties?)." Yep, that's a great reason to lower the value of your house, put a cat door into your dahnse studio.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:58 AM, Dot said:

As often as it's mentioned, I'd have to drink a CASE of whatever.

You know that the people doing the garage renovation needed to know she has a dance battle coming up, as if they will know what it is.

That "intervention" scene was ridiculous. No one let Todd give his side, no one cared what his side was.

• Love 3