Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Toe to Toe

• Start Topic

Just now, Kid said:

And had no sign of a limp once she "postponed" the dance battle.

Just now, Dot said:
Kid said:

And, she had no trouble squeezing her feet into shoes and walking perfectly fine around the house to see the beginning of her 'dance studio' build.  I've worn a boot before and they're clumsy and make it, IMO, dangerous and almost impossible to drive with it if it's on the right foot (which is where Whit's was), yet she wants us to believe she drove with her boot on?   Plus, it was a sprained TOE.   lol 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, LookABird said:

If Tal is a counselor, I am concerned.  That was not an "intervention."  It was a verbal assault on Todd to force him to apologize to Whitney who can do no wrong.  They all irked me with their teenage mean girl antics.

Totally agree. That scene made me angry. First of all, they automatically took Whitney's side without even hearing Todd's. (I guess because she holds the money strings.) And then they were very condescending to him and bullied him into an apology. 

Frankly, these are grown-ass adults. If Todd and Whitney had an issue between them, then it should have been handled between THEM-not the whole damn club. It was none of their business. 

Once again, Whitney played the bully card and, instead of listening and having a reasonable discussion, she pulled out the crocodile tears. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, aliya said:

I knew someone was going to bring up the mommy thing. I am in my early 60's. I still call my mother 'mommy' and know a few mature people who do the same. 

Same. I'm 40. My mother's name is Mommy to me. 

Also, my father was always 'daddy' to me. And he actually called his father 'daddy' until the day he died and my dad was a very responsible and successful commercial airline pilot and federal flight deck officer. I have to admit that I don't hear that very often from a man. He called his mom 'mama'. He didn't have a very close relationship with either parent though so it definitely wasn't a mama's boy type thing. Maybe it's a southern thing? Might you be a southerner?

Funny, I have heard a grown man call his mother 'mommy' just once in my lifetime but he quickly corrected himself and said 'mom', probably hoping like hell that nobody heard lol. 

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 7

Was anybody else very annoyed by the fake 'Babs won't drive because she has PTSD over a minor fender bender' scenario? She was all snuggled up under the covers in full hair and makeup wearing a bunch of really big rings. Who wears every freaking giant ring they own to bed. And then the only thing that can get her out of bed is lipstick shopping? How cutesy. 

• Love 7

alrighty so listening to MRL this morning for their recap of last nights episode and its about 6 mins long. If it makes the podcast I will share in the SM thread, but basically it goes over some article Monster and Critics wrote about this episode and that they haven't talked to Whitney, but TLC reached out to them about shooting for next season (which starts filming in a month) So this idiot gets another season.  Maney gave a little more info that he said on the Skinny.  Shaun asked him what advice he would give Whitney and he said to just come down without the cameras (and of course she won't and hasn't) They then talked about how they have an open executive producer slot and they haven't seen her resume. She doesn't want it.  She doesn't want a real adult job.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Dot said:

And wasn't wearing the boot except to visit with the BGDC & Jiya.

I noticed that, too, unless they're showing things out of sequence. More likely she is feigning or exaggerating the injury. She sure was able to move stuff around in the garage without that boot. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Also, my father was always 'daddy' to me. And he actually called his father 'daddy' until the day he died and my dad was a very responsible and successful commercial airline pilot and federal flight deck officer. I have to admit that I don't hear that very often from a man. He called his mom 'mama'. He didn't have a very close relationship with either parent though so it definitely wasn't a mama's boy type thing. Maybe it's a southern thing? Might you be a southerner?

Funny, I have heard a grown man call his mother 'mommy' just once in my lifetime but he quickly corrected himself and said 'mom', probably hoping like hell that nobody heard lol.

The issue is not the word, it's when and how she uses it.  She often referrs to Babs as 'my mom' or 'my mother', but when disagreable situations come up she squeals 'mommy' in an infantile voice and affect.

People say mommy as a term of endearment.

When Twit says it she uses it to regress to a preteen.  It's a very clever subtle way to absolve one's self of responsibliity, or just to act in an adult manner.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

P.S.  Buddy needs to get a stress test. Dude looks, and sounds bad. 

He does appear ill, doesn't he.  And, last night, he was the kind of hoarse that comes from fatigue.  I was a blues vocalist and am sensitive to vocal nuance.

10 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Whitney and Casey Anthony on one night?  No No No

Cannot do it.   Hazardous to my health.

That is quite the pair!!!  I watched both.  Ugh!!

• Love 1

Okay. I'm confused.  I guess it was just two episodes back to back, right?  So, the first part which highlighted Whitney's injury, garage renovation and mom's illness was first.  Then, bam, the second hour was mom's OLD episode about a car accident.  It was obviously filmed some time ago, before Whitney moved out of her parent's house and BEFORE the ER crisis with the stroke.  Maybe, it was a repeat, but, I hadn't seen it. It does make me wonder though.  Maybe, mom had a stroke some time ago that caused that bizarre car accident and they just didn't realize it.  Then, months later, she has a more substantial one that puts her in the hospital.  

It doesn't surprise me that Whit has foot issues.  With all that weight and her small feet......how can they function properly with all that wight on them?  I don't know of any obese person who doesn't have severe foot problems in one form or the other.  AND KNEE problems as well.  I've heard her mention that.   The boot is helpful, but, you can only walk on a boot for so long, because THEN YOU START GETTING BACK PAIN.  Walking with the uneven distance the boot gives on your gait can put the back in a kilter.  I wonder if Whit will eventually realize that when you are super big and stay on your feet a lot, like being a dance instructor, you may be out of commission more than not due to injuries and ailments on the feet and joints.  

I suppose that Whit is trying to portray that her career is dance, however, she's actually a tv personality.  She has a college degree.  In NC a person with a 4 year degree, like she has, would consider themselves successful, if they were earning $100,000.00 per year.  And with her show I would guess that she earns at least that much per season. So, what's the harm if she ignores that part of it and just focuses on how she has a dance career? lol I mean.....I guess you could look at that way.  I think it's clear that without the tv show, she would not be able to support herself with dance.

• Love 1

Some observations from last night's shit show:

*Glenn looked rather irked at the prospect of funding Whitney's dance garagio

*I hope that Buddy makes it to Season 5. He's looked and sounded terrible all this season, and last night his speech was garbled. I don't think that I've heard any of the My 600 lb Life people sound that bad. 

*The Todd "Mea Culpa" Scene. Notice how everyone sat in a position of dominance on the couch, while they looked down at and talked down to Todd who had to sit on the floor?

*My Going to Hell Moment #1: When Whitney told Jiya that Fabulous Dance Battle 2.0 had to be post-poned for toe-nical reasons, and Jiya told off Whitney about it, I imagined the following Babs talking head: "I don't like the way that coloured girl sasses our Whitney!"

*My Going to Hell Moment #2: When the Fitness Marshall told Whitney that he was coming for a visit, and she listed a litany of reasons why he couldn't enter her abode, including "I have to groom my cat!" YES, my depraved, twisted mind went there.

*The doctor must have received an honorarium from TLC to not state the obvious reason why Twitney's poor little toe toe hurt so much.

*I watched 10 minutes of the Babs retrospective, and it appears that a mini-stroke may have caused Mommy's car wreck. Also, Whitney looked considerably smaller in that old footage. As a veteran viewer of My 600 lb Life, Twitney's been north of 400 for a long time now, methinks.

I would love for TLC to collaborate with Matt and Trey from South Park, and have Butters tap dance in the next Fabulous Dance Battle 2.0

I'll see myself out now...

• Love 16

I'm 47 and my sister and I call our parents Mama and Daddy. Daddy has been gone four years now. Even when talking about my parents to friends, my husband kids my sister we always say Mama and Daddy.

I did and do think it is a Southern thing and a gender thing. We happen to be in Virginia an hour and a half drive from Greensboro. My twin boys call us Mom and dad my daughter Mommy and Daddy.

My daughter is 17 and was a competitive dancer growing up (yes the dance moms stuff) and then she wanted to cheer in high school and the dance teacher drew a line in the sand so she decided to have s high school life and dance was over. Anyway I have gotten her to watch this s*** show so I get her dance critiques when they "perform"

Todd is the typical gay male dancer that dances like a girl.  That's a real no-no in the dance world. A well trained male dancer dances like a man, straight or gay. If you have ever seen Michael Jacksons "This is It" is a great example of professional male dancers that look like dudes when they dance and a man that can dance like a man is very sexy. A man that tries to dance like s girl is such a turn off (aka Todd) Most of us may agree that Patrick Swayze, who was a trained ballet dancer, always looked like a man that could dance and he didn't dance like a chick. Does Todd look like that in any way? NO! Todds dancing has really gotten under our skins

Their so-called dancing drives my daughter crazy. Todd is a TERRIBLE dancer. He has zero dance talent. He just needs to admit that he's not a good dancer he just enjoys dancing which is awesome. Whitney needs to admit the same thing. She's an average dancer, less than average on a competitive level, Whitney just wants to club dance and pretend to do hip-hop. (less so even in the old film before she was fat) she just enjoys dancing.

Old film of Whit compared to current. First thing I noticed was she wasn't doing to big girl deep gaffawing, she is just laughing normal. She also seemed different with her mom but I can't really describe it, more respectful maybe?

Whitney getting out of her Jeep with a boot on her right foot. You can't drive with those because you can't feel the pedal, I have used my left foot driving with a right boot but if she did that Whit would tell us.

The timeline, she power walks into the hospital with no sprained toe or boot so I don't know what that's about. And only Whitney is NOT too ashamed to say "I have a sprained toe" WTF? The only thing worse? "I have s sprained pinky toe"

I guess she can't help it but she really walks funny. Like she moves a particular way and the rest If her body is a half s beat behind. I guess that's just how it gets done.

Even over the telephone Pooh Bear sounds like a leaf blower who needs subtitles.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Dot said:

Yeah, I think it's a clip show: a clip here, a clip there,  from a bunch of different episodes.

I was confused by the second hour, then figured it out. Whitney used to have those long extensions in the first season. Now she wears those tape in extensions and that horrible color, not to mention her hair is always greasy and her skin looks bad. I'm amazed at how much prettier she was 2 years ago and how much more likeable. Fame has really gotten to this famewhore's head. 

I like Whit's brother. 

• Love 5

Did anyone else hear Whitney say "I WORK there" when the Dance Marshall mentioned Charlotte when they were skyping?  Cracked me up.

Has Maddie become one of the friend's posse now?  It seems she's showing up in more & more episodes.

This has been driving me nuts all week & sounds petty.  I know the seriousness of Bab's stroke, but on the preview when Babs is in the hospital bed, the TLC camera guy pans to Bab's finger with the pulse ox meter on it, like she's hooked up to a heart lung machine. It's just a gizmo that tells how much oxygen is in the blood.  A lot of people have to wear one while in the hospital.  No biggie.  Just more fakeness on TLC's part.

Speaking of fakeness, wouldn't  you think Glenn would have called Whit right away when Babs went to hospital?But no, they have to go thru all the drama of Glenn not answering his phone, Whit going to their empty house, having her call Hunter, etc.  Then when she's totally freaking out  **poof** Glenn calls. 

• Love 9

I agree. That episode about Babs' car wreck was old.  It was filmed when Whit lived there.  Babs was upstairs talking about going through Whit's drawers looking for her borrowed jewelry.  In the First hour, Whit was living in her own house, so many months have passed and Whit has really changed in her appearance. I will say that she does look SMALLER when she was in NY and rushing to the hospital than she did in that old footage.  That surprised me.  She is thinner than she was then.  

Buddy did seem very garble mouthed.  Man, he needs to get a real physical exam and another job.  He does not look or sound healthy.

Glenn was a little dismayed over the garage renovation, but, Whit said that he was NOT paying for it, so, it's really Whit's business.  I suppose that if she ever sells it, the new owners could use it as a bonus room or home business. My SIL converted her garage to a Pre-school and did VERY WELL financially.  A lot of people prefer a garage though.  I'd keep that in mind for resale. 

The ER scenes have to be re-enacted right? There is no way that a film crew is going to be allowed into an ER cubicle on the spot, no planning, just showing up during an emergency.  So, I think it happened, but, had to be redone later after the arrangements were made. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

This is the episode for the second hr. And my dvr is showing the same thinkg next week for a 2 hr episode so I think it may be an old episode after the first hr which is weird. Or maybe the first part of the skinny cuz my scheduler is only showing one episode for that and its on 4/25 at 8pm. 

IMG_4534.PNG

Who brings fried chicken & pie to the home of 2 morbidly obese folks who are supposedly trying to ameliorate their health problems?

I don't like Mattie, never have. I'm sorry TPTB decided to give her a primary role this season.

BTW, did you notice Twit all huffy about there being no chicken left for her, so she's all gimme some a that pie. Oh, yeah, she's really working hard on losing weight.

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, AmyB said:

This is the episode for the second hr. And my dvr is showing the same thinkg next week for a 2 hr episode so I think it may be an old episode after the first hr which is weird. Or maybe the first part of the skinny cuz my scheduler is only showing one episode for that and its on 4/25 at 8pm. 

IMG_4534.PNG

The second hour is always a repeat.

1 hour ago, AmyB said:

It's nice to be reminded of a time when Whitney was a likable human being, and to know that I wasn't totally insane when I used to root for her.  

I try hard not to jump on the Whitney bashing train, however I have to say that the contrast in her personality between that first hour and the second hour was striking.  She did a great job with Babs, staged or not, and I think the emotions were real.  Compare that to how she completely twisted the situation with Todd to make it all about her. Holy shit, what a performance. I also agree with many of you who said this was between Whitney and Todd.  Why were her other cronies even in the room?  I liked Maddie at first, but she's getting on my last nerve. I was hoping Todd would tell her to shut up and butt out.

• Love 3

Buddy sounded fucking DRUNK. Or like HE was the one having a stroke. Holy shit, he is a wreck. I'll bet if you tried to test his cholesterol his blood would be the consistency of Jello. 

I appreciated how Whitney didn't try to hide her bad eating habits this episode. First of all, her coffee was so light from all the cream she put in that it looked like Halle Berry's foundation. Second, she totally wasn't joking about wanting that fried chicken. Which, I love fried chicken too, but if I weighed over 350 lb I wouldn't broadcast that on TV for the judgment of America.

Maddie is insufferable. She seems like she enjoys being on TV a bit too much. And the open-mouthed gape Whitney gave when Todd started giving his side of the story was ridiculous. No wonder Todd wasn't impressed with her crying apology. Two seconds ago she was like "WHAAAT I am not to blame!" 

Loved how Whitney was like "I sprained my toe! I guess I didn't heal it properly last time! I sure learned my lesson!" then the next scene she isn't wearing her boot. MORON. When I had an almost-stress-fracture I SLEPT in a boot for 6 weeks. I only took it off to shower. You can't just walk around town without your boot on and expect it to heal. Plus walking around with 200+ excess pounds on that toe makes it even more dangerous to do that. Seriously, who does Whitney think she is? Anna Kendrick, who is maybe 100 lb soaking wet and could maybe get away with not following doctor's orders? Except Anna Kendrick would not be that stupid, either.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Dot said:

Who brings fried chicken & pie to the home of 2 morbidly obese folks who are supposedly trying to ameliorate their health problems?

I don't like Mattie, never have. I'm sorry TPTB decided to give her a primary role this season.

ITA - how ridiculous. Mattie and all those sycophants are beyond annoying. The way they kiss her ass is exasperating. And she just REVELS in it. I don't like any of her barnacles. And I agree with the posters who question Tal's credentials as a counselor. That intervention was a pile-on. Similar to the bullying of the comic last year. During her confrontation with Jiya I was totally on Jiya's side. I think she sees through Whitney's bullshit and finds her as tiresome as everyone on this board.  Whitney is an unlikeable narcissist who's going to find herself friendless once this garbage fire of a show runs its course. Friendless, unhealthy and 400lbs - limping around her decaying dance studio littered with cat shit. Fabulous!

• Love 7

A couple of things about the episode from an earlier season.

If I heard it correctly, Babs had the accident because she blacked out. As many of you pointed out, that could've been a mini stroke. What I noticed was that Whitney kept minimizing the situation.  Yes, the accident was a minor one. But that is not the big issue here – the big issue was that she blacked out while driving and that seemed lost on Whitney.

Second thing that just stood out for me was that she obviously was living there at this time. Yet, her brother had to tell her that they were going to do the cooking and the cleaning.  She is not a child, this is something she should not have been told to do!  Her maturity level leaves a lot to be desired and that is an understatement.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Dot said:

A bunch of enablers, who are probably also getting paid a few dollars.

Tal, 

Uh, a REAL counselor would know NEVER to be involved with any family or friends in a professional way. So, you get an F.

Todd is just repulsive to me.  His grimaces, his ears and that peroxide hair.   I have already said he cannot dance a million times.  When he does, it resembles a turkey being shot and leaping around.

I have mixed feelings about the Whitney/Todd video thing.  Todd would of accepted the part in the video in a second, but he forgets that his supposed best friend who he kept reminding us she is fat and can't dance either  is the star of the show.

I honestly think Todd should of understood, but instead acted like a huge asshole. His behavior was horrible, both in NYC and at her house.

Two peas in a pod, both spoiled immature losers.

• Love 2

I mean I kind of hate both of them in this even though Todd seems way more likable in general but I'm going to side with Todd on this because THIS IS ALL FAKE.

It was clear that Todd was the one that was into the Fitness Marshall, that Todd introduced Whit to the whole thing, that this was Todd's trip to NYC to see friends and crush on a boy(Although he lives there? I kind of get the impression that he moved back to Greensboro for good not too long ago and doesn't want to admit that he couldn't hack it in NYC like so many people before him and to come). 

Anyways, my entire point is this whole thing was blatant cross promotion, the only reason Whit was in that class, the only reason the dance guy talked to her, the only reason she was asked to be a part of the video was TLC made a deal with a z-list YouTube personality because they both thought they could get something out of it. TLC is completely in control here, let your "eternal dance partner" be in the video, it's all fake anyways.

As for the garage studio, is she planning on running her BGDC there? I mean I get the class is fake and no one is paying for it and they have a filming permit and all that but if I was one of her neighbors I would be raising hell, there is no way a business like that is permitted in her neighborhood.

AND SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT YOUR FAKE DANCE BATTLE NO ONE CARES!

• Love 13

What was that quip Mattie made last night about (major paraphrasing here) "you don't get dressed up to go to the welfare office?" Is Fabulous Mattie ripping off the system? 

Edited by Meowza
Corrected Mattie's name
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Meowza said:

What was that quip Maddie made last night about (major paraphrasing here) "you don't get dressed up to go to the welfare office?" Is Fabulous Maddie ripping off the system? 

She is truely unlikable in every way.

• Love 8

To contribute to the timeline puzzle, I'm confused. In this episode, Whit told Todd he had been a part of her life since she was fifteen, but in the very first episode, when she was introducing him to the audience, she said that she'd met him when she was seventeen. When you're a teenager, as people know, two years is an eternity, not to mention the context of knowing what class year in high school you met someone who was particularly important to you. So there's another revisionist shrimp on the barbee.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Okay, So is it Mattie or Maddie?  I've always thought it as Mattie.  Am I wrong?

You're right, it's Mattie. No fried chicken and pie for me :(

• Love 2
6 hours ago, qqererer said:

The issue is not the word, it's when and how she uses it.  She often referrs to Babs as 'my mom' or 'my mother', but when disagreable situations come up she squeals 'mommy' in an infantile voice and affect.

People say mommy as a term of endearment.

When Twit says it she uses it to regress to a preteen.  It's a very clever subtle way to absolve one's self of responsibliity, or just to act in an adult manner.

I completely agree. 

• Love 3

Just finished watching this episode. The immaturity displayed is simply incredible.

Whitney: So her toe is hurting so much that she has to limp while walking when everyone was there for the apology session. Then she tells the doctor it doesn't hurt to walk, but he gives her the boot for her foot. She wears the boot to her dance class to announce to everyone she can't dance for 4 weeks. And she wears the boot to show Jiya in person that she can't dance. Now that the dance battle is off, she suddenly is able to walk without the boot and without limping. Yeah, right.

Todd: Although I can understand Todd's disappointment with Whitney changing plans on their last day in New York, that's no excuse for his behavior. He was clearly jealous, and rather than checking himself, he went on and on like a middle grade schoolgirl. Whitney's wrong behavior does not mean he gets a pass on his wrong behavior. His eyes are the worst. He has that eye roll down to perfection, apparently due to constant practice. I don't care if he can dance or not as long as he's having fun and isn't hurting anyone. Not everyone can dance. But his behavior is a choice.

Tal: I'm not sure why Tal chose to announce that he's a counselor. If he is indeed a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), he has ethics rules and laws he must follow. I'm about to finish my masters degree to become an LPC, and our laws and ethics (in Texas) dictate we cannot have dual relationships which means we cannot do therapy with anyone with which we have another relationship (e.g., relative, friend, hairdresser). We must wait 2 full years after the last therapeutic session to enter into any kind of other relationship with the person (5 years for a sexual relationship). This is the law (in Texas). Okay, I can accept that he was not working in a professional capacity in the apology session; however, because of the ethics and laws involved, it seems very odd that he would announce his profession in conjunction with that segment. There are also ethics regarding advertising.

Mattie: In what way did she justify butting into Whitney's and Todd's disagreement? Did either of them ask her to intervene? Do any of these people know about boundaries?

It is said that people with mental illness usually attract others with a similar level of mental illness.* Perhaps that explains why we see a group of people with similar behavior.

*I am not claiming that anyone on the show has mental illness as I have not personally examined any of them. I am merely stating a generally accepted fact about people who do have mental illness.

23 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Okay, So is it Mattie or Maddie?  I've always thought it as Mattie.  Am I wrong?

Her name is Mattie Bynum.

Edited by Complexity
typo
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I thought it might be a southern thing. I am barely southern, though, hailing from DC. My family roots are in Virginia, so who knows? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It doesn't surprise me that Whit has foot issues.  With all that weight and her small feet......how can they function properly with all that wight on them?  I don't know of any obese person who doesn't have severe foot problems in one form or the other.  AND KNEE problems as well.  I've heard her mention that.

I am overweight (20 lbs or so) but not Whitney overweight and I suffer from a disease that is the result of peripheral neuropathy which is a complication of diabetes. It is called Charcot Neuroarthropathy. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw her. Now I don't think this is what she has but she could be headed in that direction (she is a bit young for it). The biggest problem is your bones don't heal because your body does not know it is injured which is the result of the loss of nerve activity. It is complicated and becoming more common or just more readily diagnosed. She is headed down this road.

The weird thing is I am considered "skinny" for this disease and get referred to as skinny by my orthopedic guy and the Charcot Dr., No one has ever called me skinny in my life. Most patients are over 300lbs and have suffered PN for 10 years or so.

21 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I am overweight (20 lbs or so) but not Whitney overweight and I suffer from a disease that is the result of peripheral neuropathy which is a complication of diabetes. It is called Charcot Neuroarthropathy. It was the first thing I thought of when I saw her. Now I don't think this is what she has but she could be headed in that direction (she is a bit young for it). The biggest problem is your bones don't heal because your body does not know it is injured which is the result of the loss of nerve activity. It is complicated and becoming more common or just more readily diagnosed. She is headed down this road.

The weird thing is I am considered "skinny" for this disease and get referred to as skinny by my orthopedic guy and the Charcot Dr., No one has ever called me skinny in my life. Most patients are over 300lbs and have suffered PN for 10 years or so.

OMG, I read about this condition and it sounds like maybe, that it was related. They put boots on these type of injuries.  Hmm......but, Whit said it was a sprain....I wonder if that's true. Here's a link about it.  When they showed the first photo of her foot, it looked like a red line or cut of some kind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuropathic_arthropathy

I am in and from NC and most people call their parents Mama and daddy for their entire lives.  Mom and Dad are not used nearly so much as I think it is in other places of the country.  Some use mother and father, but, mama and daddy are used almost by everyone, regardless of education or social status. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG, I read about this condition and it sounds like maybe, that it was related. They put boots on these type of injuries.  Hmm......but, Whit said it was a sprain....I wonder if that's true. Here's a link about it.  When they showed the first photo of her foot, it looked like a red line or cut of some kind.

You do not need to have a sore, ulcer or wound for this to occur. I have no wounds, just a breakdown of the bones. I heal well and my diabetes is well controlled which helps in healing. I think Whitney really needs to learn to take care of her feet. Her weight and her pre-diabetes are not going to be good for those feet.

8 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Speaking of fakeness, wouldn't  you think Glenn would have called Whit right away when Babs went to hospital?

Yes, you would absolutely think that! Hunter was already settled in at the hospital and clearly had been there awhile by the time they "called" Whit. Whatever. In real life, Glenn and Hunter both would have been calling her over and over until they got her.  And Glenn said that Babs had "woken up with chest pain," but to lend drama to the scene they set out half-eaten bowls of cereal for Whit to "find" and "panic" over. 

Look, I know this is all fake and recreated and "enhanced," but there is something extra cynical and craven about agreeing to reenact a scene pretending to find out about your mother's very-real stroke. I said as much yesterday, but I'm still really grossed out today. It feels like the moment that hate-watching Whit stopped being fun. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

This is the Whitney  I like. Fun, happy not every thing  seen to be about her. I think they ended with Babs stroke  and put this together  to show the mother and daughter  relationship . 

Her skin and hair looked so healthy and her eyes were sparkling. Very jarring to see how tired and wiped out she is looking now.

Buddy looks terrible. Terrible like he is very ill. I hope that someone gets him to a Dr.s for a workup.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, spacefly said:

Hmm.  This toe thing.

I wonder if it's the start of 'diabeties'.

Cue to whining bobble head of 'I'm below AC3,2,3,1 whatever.  I'm not diabetic.  This isn't allowed to happen to me.  I'm not a diabetic at all.  That's not how non-diabeties works."

Dr:  Umm that's not how that really works.  If you have diabeties you have an increased propensity to have your toes rot off your feet, but everyday people have bones and toes rot off of their feet for many other reasons. To say that only people with high blood sugar have symptoms is sugar-ist.  People with normal blood work keel over, die, and lose toes too.  If you believe in HAES, then you have to believe in DiseaseAES.

Twit: Is there an operation or medicine that can fix this?

Dr: No

Twit: Then what can I do?

Dr:  Umm... Lose weight?  Or keep your insurance up to date?

Edited by qqererer
  • Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:38 PM, lovetheduns said:

I like how Todd kissed enough ass to keep his paycheck coming but didn't apologize. *lol*

Does he need to?  I thought that he was part of Beasley Broadcast Group, and I just looked and they have 77 stations.  I've been thinking that she shouldn't piss off Todd if she really wanted to move up at the station.

23 hours ago, Kramermom said:

Who besides me thinks Bratney faked a toe injury to get out of the dance battle?  She walked fine in the boot in the Drs office & after that she limped around like she was hobbled.  Geez!

If it spares us another dance battle, I'll pretend not to notice.  And if we're lucky, maybe it's a career-ending injury.
And yes, Buddy should be pissed.  She decides out of the blue to remodel, and the next day she's going through his stuff.
Also, wouldn't you put down some type of special flooring, padded or something, and not hardwood?
If she didn't get permits, someone could call...  Might not be too late.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Speaking of fakeness, wouldn't  you think Glenn would have called Whit right away when Babs went to hospital?But no, they have to go thru all the drama of Glenn not answering his phone, Whit going to their empty house, having her call Hunter, etc.

True.  Am I the only one who'd have taken the few seconds to put the milk back in the refrigerator?  Yeah, I know if staged to show a hasty exit, but still, I hate food waste.
And my mother was from Alabama, and I was mother and daddy. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Complexity said:

Todd: 

Tal:

I mean it is TV and all and MBFFL is all total bullshit to begin with but being gay around their age and traveling in what I am guessing is similar social circles, unless they have some sort of past or present romantic relationship I seriously doubt Todd or Tal get along really well if at all.

I just don't see where their personalities, careers or looks intersect in the single gay spectrum at their age with them both being such fame whores that they want to be appearing on this shitty show.

23 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Does he need to?  I thought that he was part of Beasley Broadcast Group, and I just looked and they have 77 stations.  I've been thinking that she shouldn't piss off Todd if she really wanted to move up at the station.

I did some digging and Beasley is apparently a really common last name in NC. If Todd does have family money he is doing a really good job at hiding it.

23 minutes ago, auntjess said:

True.  Am I the only one who'd have taken the few seconds to put the milk back in the refrigerator?  Yeah, I know if staged to show a hasty exit, but still, I hate food waste.
And my mother was from Alabama, and I was mother and daddy. 

Did you notice Whit not even going up the stairs? Honey it is one flight of stairs.

And this is not the first time, I think the preponderance of evidence at this point from the show is Whit is physically incapable of climbing on flight of stairs.

• Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 9:05 PM, Kid said:

Especially when she was bashing on the garage wall with the sledge hammer and racing down the driveway to get to the hospital.  It's totally a selective injury!  Fake!  Just like the show!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Nowhere said:

My mom called her parents mommy and daddy but Whitney only seems to do it when she wants something so it's not genuine.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am in and from NC and most people call their parents Mama and daddy for their entire lives.  Mom and Dad are not used nearly so much as I think it is in other places of the country.  Some use mother and father, but, mama and daddy are used almost by everyone, regardless of education or social status. 

I've posted about this previously. I'm not sure if you read it but I was the one wondering if it was a southern thing. What you said makes sense. My dad was born and raised in Albemarle, NC and continued to visit family frequently throughout his life. I don't know why this subject is so interesting to me right now. I guess it just reminded me of my dad and wondering why I very rarely hear men refer to parents as 'mama' and 'daddy'. My dad moved us to Florida and although we're in the south, I don't hear it there. But when I go back to NC, it's common. Funny, my dad was the youngest and called her 'mama'. His two older sisters referred to her as 'mother'. Just another tidbit. Your post is bringing it all together in my mind so thanks for that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, John M said:

I did some digging and Beasley is apparently a really common last name in NC. If Todd does have family money he is doing a really good job at hiding it.

Someone here, sometime, said that Todd's family owned the station, and that's why they played along with the show.  That's all I know.

16 hours ago, Stephanie1216 said:

I'm 47 and my sister and I call our parents Mama and Daddy. Daddy has been gone four years now. Even when talking about my parents to friends, my husband kids my sister we always say Mama and Daddy.

I did and do think it is a Southern thing and a gender thing. We happen to be in Virginia an hour and a half drive from Greensboro. My twin boys call us Mom and dad my daughter Mommy and Daddy.

My daughter is 17 and was a competitive dancer growing up (yes the dance moms stuff) and then she wanted to cheer in high school and the dance teacher drew a line in the sand so she decided to have s high school life and dance was over. Anyway I have gotten her to watch this s*** show so I get her dance critiques when they "perform"

Todd is the typical gay male dancer that dances like a girl.  That's a real no-no in the dance world. A well trained male dancer dances like a man, straight or gay. If you have ever seen Michael Jacksons "This is It" is a great example of professional male dancers that look like dudes when they dance and a man that can dance like a man is very sexy. A man that tries to dance like s girl is such a turn off (aka Todd) Most of us may agree that Patrick Swayze, who was a trained ballet dancer, always looked like a man that could dance and he didn't dance like a chick. Does Todd look like that in any way? NO! Todds dancing has really gotten under our skins

Their so-called dancing drives my daughter crazy. Todd is a TERRIBLE dancer. He has zero dance talent. He just needs to admit that he's not a good dancer he just enjoys dancing which is awesome. Whitney needs to admit the same thing. She's an average dancer, less than average on a competitive level, Whitney just wants to club dance and pretend to do hip-hop. (less so even in the old film before she was fat) she just enjoys dancing.

Old film of Whit compared to current. First thing I noticed was she wasn't doing to big girl deep gaffawing, she is just laughing normal. She also seemed different with her mom but I can't really describe it, more respectful maybe?

Whitney getting out of her Jeep with a boot on her right foot. You can't drive with those because you can't feel the pedal, I have used my left foot driving with a right boot but if she did that Whit would tell us.

The timeline, she power walks into the hospital with no sprained toe or boot so I don't know what that's about. And only Whitney is NOT too ashamed to say "I have a sprained toe" WTF? The only thing worse? "I have s sprained pinky toe"

I guess she can't help it but she really walks funny. Like she moves a particular way and the rest If her body is a half s beat behind. I guess that's just how it gets done.

Even over the telephone Pooh Bear sounds like a leaf blower who needs subtitles.

To me it seems like Todd is WAY over animated and trying to get his own show.  Even my closest mega gay friends aren't that obvious in trying to get their feminity point across!  I think Todd is a nice guy but he is as desperate as Whitney is to be relevant!  He is totally angling for a show of his own, IMO!

• Love 3
On 4/11/2017 at 7:02 PM, TurtlePower said:

She appeared unsure of herself and intimidated. By herself in the TH, she talks a big game. I know the type: all talk no walk. When faced with real conflict, she crumbles. 

Bratney is a spoiled, pampered snowflake!  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, AmyB said:

alrighty so listening to MRL this morning for their recap of last nights episode and its about 6 mins long. If it makes the podcast I will share in the SM thread, but basically it goes over some article Monster and Critics wrote about this episode and that they haven't talked to Whitney, but TLC reached out to them about shooting for next season (which starts filming in a month) So this idiot gets another season.  Maney gave a little more info that he said on the Skinny.  Shaun asked him what advice he would give Whitney and he said to just come down without the cameras (and of course she won't and hasn't) They then talked about how they have an open executive producer slot and they haven't seen her resume. She doesn't want it.  She doesn't want a real adult job.

If she wanted a real adult job, she might do as others here have suggested and parlay her 15 minutes of fame into a real BGDC, for example.  When she wanted to create her own dance studio in her garage, I was just wondering "Why?" - if you don't use it anytime you are not filming . . .

11 hours ago, Complexity said:

Tal: I'm not sure why Tal chose to announce that he's a counselor. If he is indeed a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), he has ethics rules and laws he must follow. I'm about to finish my masters degree to become an LPC, and our laws and ethics (in Texas) dictate we cannot have dual relationships which means we cannot do therapy with anyone with which we have another relationship (e.g., relative, friend, hairdresser). We must wait 2 full years after the last therapeutic session to enter into any kind of other relationship with the person (5 years for a sexual relationship). This is the law (in Texas). Okay, I can accept that he was not working in a professional capacity in the apology session; however, because of the ethics and laws involved, it seems very odd that he would announce his profession in conjunction with that segment. There are also ethics regarding advertising.

This has been shown before - didn't he "organize" the confrontation/fake funeral under his guise as a "counselor"?  Furthermore, I find it interesting that he is dancing in her battles this season - wasn't it a season or two ago where she invited Tal on her trip to dance and party with Fat Irish Guy - which seemed like a slap in the face at the time to Todd, who was her only "dancing" friend (or so we thought :)

• Love 2
On 4/12/2017 at 1:19 AM, Dot said:

And wasn't wearing the boot except to visit with the BGDC & Jiya.

Yeah, remember Mattie gave her that invaluable advice to "play it up" when she was going to meet Jiya?  Oh, and also when you have to present yourself to the DSS ( Department of Social Services) .  That Mattie is just a font of useful information. Charming.

• Love 5

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "DANCE" , um "BATTLE"! (Stop trying to make it a thing , Gretchen). It's not" FETCH"

3 hours ago, Kramermom said:

Especially when she was bashing on the garage wall with the sledge hammer and racing down the driveway to get to the hospital.  It's totally a selective injury!  Fake!  Just like the show!

Yuh. The only thing real here is that Miss Piggy is a first class ASSHOLE.

• Love 4