Type keyword(s) to search

Bosch: Legacy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, jabRI said:

I might have missed it, but what was the resolution for Grace? Just no finding?

I don't think there was an actual finding, but it looked to me like IA thought there was something up with the captain.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't think there was an actual finding, but it looked to me like IA thought there was something up with the captain.

Yeah I agree. It seemed to me that they took the charges with an enormous grain of salt.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I think after he spoke with the involved parties, he sniffed out the retaliation motive pretty quickly.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think after he spoke with the involved parties, he sniffed out the retaliation motive pretty quickly.

Thanks, that's how I remembered it, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

• Love 1

Count me as one who is disappointed that the J. Edgar story ended the way it did.  I think the daughter is just unnecessary.  I wondered if they plan to continue something about the partner into the next season. I just feel she was somehow complicit in something and wanted to confess it.  I am also getting women confused.  Wasn't there another woman that Bosch had live at his house and she killed herself, or is this the same one? 

I knew it was the wife when they first found her "tied up" at the house. 

I really love this show and was upset that the daughter ruined the chief's chance....but happy that he got married again...even though I wish he had stayed with his wife 

On 7/13/2016 at 6:17 AM, Ina123 said:

He's 6' tall. Even if his bio lies and he's 5'-11", that's tall enough. I know I always have to make allowances because I keep my tv screen set to full screen all the time so I can see better, but it makes everyone squat and pudgy.

Hate to chime in on a 3 year old post, I'm new coming to the program (stay-at-home, and all) and very much enjoy it but Welliver is 6 feet tall in the same way an NBA player magically gains height in a game program.

Better to appraise the difference in height not with Reddick with whom he seldom closely stands next to and we know is quite tall, but with Madison Lintz (Maddie) who, at 5"8" appears to be close to the same height.

Again, sorry to roll in throwing bombs, for the most part I'm enjoying the heck out of the show.  In some respects it has a bit of a "Mad Men" quality about it in that the pacing is quite different than what we often see, the dialog can be a bit hackneyed and noir on occasion but somehow works given the premise and genre.  However in the same way "Mad Men" was able to intimately suck you into a world you may have peripherally understood only if you did so on the creator's terms, "Bosch" seems to have taken a similar cue.

BTW - Since I mentioned Madison Lintz, what a great job of writing and performance that character has done.  So refreshing (particularly after "Ozark") to see a teenager not be a source of irritation or stupid behavior. (Although I'm only up to Season 5, so don't tell me if Maddie starts going nuts. OK?)

• Love 2
23 hours ago, kib said:

Better to appraise the difference in height not with Reddick with whom he seldom closely stands next to and we know is quite tall, but with Madison Lintz (Maddie) who, at 5"8" appears to be close to the same height.

But what kind of shoes is she wearing to make her taller. (For that matter, what kind of shoes is HE wearing?)

11 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

But what kind of shoes is she wearing to make her taller. (For that matter, what kind of shoes is HE wearing?)

She appears to wear flats (which seems appropriate for a character of her age and work-life), so little gain in height.  Bosch wears cop shoes 'natch. 😉

• Love 3

Late finally watching this series, and just finished season 6. Love love love this series. Glad they toned the blood and gore down a bit from season one.  Stinks that next season will be the last. 

Poor Edgar. Interesting to see how he deals with what he did. He's a good man, but like Harry said, he's too close, and now he'll have to live with what he did. Even though Avril was a POS of epic proportions, what Jerry did wasn't right. 

Cowardly Heather. You'll never bow to them? Wanna bet? You believe in your cause, and are willing to kill people, but don't have the balls to make the ultimate sacrifice. Smh.  Enjoy prison, bitch.

It would be interesting if Maddie goes to law school and becomes a prosecutor, to have her and Honey Chandler at opposite tables. Won't happen, because too many years will have passed by the time Maddie would finish college, law school, pass the bar, and get enough experience to be able to be a good prosecutor. 

I read a couple of the books years ago, and I remember Chief Irving being an ass for the most part. I love the way he's written in the show. And the actor playing him is pitch perfect.  He's mesmerizing when he's on screen. 

Can't wait for season 7. It will probably be next year before it comes though. 

• Love 6

I just finished S5 with the Borders murder story line.  I am little confused about the whole pendant aspect of the murder.

As the story goes 20 years ago, the police found the murder victim's pendant in Border's apartment which linked him to the murder.  The new review claims that the pendant was planted by Bosch.  Bosch reviewed the before and after photos (one of which Irving destroyed) and noticed that the pendant wasn't hanging in the before picture.  I guess he now knows that Irving removed it from Borders back pack and put it on the wall?  But, if it was in the back pack wouldn't that implicate Borders too?

I am sure I don't have all of this right.  Maybe someone can explain it.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dminches said:

I just finished S5 with the Borders murder story line.  I am little confused about the whole pendant aspect of the murder.

As the story goes 20 years ago, the police found the murder victim's pendant in Border's apartment which linked him to the murder.  The new review claims that the pendant was planted by Bosch.  Bosch reviewed the before and after photos (one of which Irving destroyed) and noticed that the pendant wasn't hanging in the before picture.  I guess he now knows that Irving removed it from Borders back pack and put it on the wall?  But, if it was in the back pack wouldn't that implicate Borders too?

I am sure I don't have all of this right.  Maybe someone can explain it.

It's been awhile, but I think the issue was that the search circumstances only allowed for "in plain sight" evidence. So the backpack's contents would have been out of bounds, legally.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

It's been awhile, but I think the issue was that the search circumstances only allowed for "in plain sight" evidence. So the backpack's contents would have been out of bounds, legally.

I see. Maybe they didn’t have a warrant yet?

Better late than never.  Finally watched Season 6.  My thoughts echo several of those who posted earlier.  I like that Maddy has matured.  She's really become a beautiful girl and accomplished actress.  Didn't really follow that whole thread with J. Edgar.  Couldn't tell who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.

Looking forward to Season 7 even though I wonder how they'll film it (if they haven't already) with masks and social distancing.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Connolly posted on FB that they just wrapped Season 7 for Amazon. Next up: Lincoln Lawyer series for Netflix.

Wouldn't it be great if - like the books - Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer did some visits to each other????

• Love 3

Titus Welliver has been very gracious on Twitter. There’s a group of fans that lobbied very hard to get the show more seasons and he thanked them for all their work. I get fan girl moments when he likes one of my tweets. I dressed my cat in a Bosch “Everyone Counts” tee and posted it. Titus, and Madison Lintz both liked it. I think one or two others did as well, but this was some time ago and my memory fails me right now. 

• Love 6

February 27th the BoschFanClub is doing a rewatch. The idea is that every one begins S1 at 9am PST and follows along on Twitter. There will be trivia questions, some of the cast will drop by with memories and anecdotes, and discussions on the episode. At some point they will be having a hours intermission so people can eat (or do other things). If anyone is interested let me know and I will post some of the Twitter names of the people running it. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I asked if Bosch would show up occasionally, but didn't get an answer.

From what I understand from when people were hoping to see the Lincoln Lawyer appear on Bosch, the people who own the rights to the Bosch character aren't a part of the same production company that owns the rights to the Mickey Haller character. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I did the #BoschStakeout yesterday. What fun it was. Everything was timed so we were all in the same place (ish) at the same time. Watching season one was fun. We had insights from one of the writers, Cummings (who plays the character Crate), Titus Welliver, one of the people who did make up, and a few others who were kind enough to share insider secrets and tidbits which made it so much more interesting. Next week is Season Two. Anyone can join and people did from all over including Europe. If you are free you should consider it, even if you just drop by for a few episodes. 

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

OMG!  This is the best news I've heard in ages.  I'm a little sad we'll be missing some of the side characters of Bosch.  And I really hope they can keep the spry pacing of the original with multiple cases juggling in the air. 

But this is my comfort viewing. And it makes me happy.

• Love 7

While I am glad to see more BOSCH, from the sounds of it Bosch will be working for Honey Chandler and not the police, so we'll lose the side characters that bring so much variety to the story. And no mention of Jamie Hector, who I really like. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Rickster said:

We love Bosch too. I hope IMDBtv is not a premium channel.

It is part of the Amazon package because they own IMDB. According to Michael Connelly (the author of the books that Bosch is based on) we will be able to see it for free. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

IMDB is free but with commercials so it's not perfect.  But I haven't found the commercials too intrusive on shows I've watched on IMDB.

We just finished watching all six seasons of "Lost" on IMDB.  You can't FF through the commercials, but you can mute them.  After watching two guys almost come to blows over their AT&T plans MULTIPLE times, we almost wore out our mute button.  Also - for some reason - there was a Honda commercial that played frequently in Spanish.  Oh . . . and I really don't care about how Michael Buble wants to pronounce "Bubbly."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Was reading an article this morning that included an interview with Barry Livingston.  Remember him?  The little kid who played Ernie, who was adopted on "My Three Sons"????

Turns out he played a medical examiner on three episodes of Bosch.  I pulled up one of the episodes to watch his scene.  NO WAY would I have thought, "Gee, he looks familiar.  I wonder who that is."

LOL.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Was reading an article this morning that included an interview with Barry Livingston.  Remember him?  The little kid who played Ernie, who was adopted on "My Three Sons"????

Turns out he played a medical examiner on three episodes of Bosch.  I pulled up one of the episodes to watch his scene.  NO WAY would I have thought, "Gee, he looks familiar.  I wonder who that is."

LOL.

I always notice Barry. But then I've noticed him over all the intervening years, so I recognize him as an older man. To my eyes he still looks like himself. I guess I must have had a crush on him or something, though I don't remember it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am STUPID excited about the new season starting soon!

I was wondering if the mods could make us a final Season 7, episode by episode lineup? 

Even though I will probably binge the whole damn thing, I'd love to dissect each episode in it's own thread.  Having this single thread was ok, but I think having upcoming episodes separated will give us a better exchange on this last (*sniff*) season of our beloved (*sniff sniff*) Bosch. 

Anybody know how we make that happen?  We have enough time before the 25th, so what do the Harry-lovers say?

Plus, we need to be able to discuss the spinoff, AND the Lincoln Lawyer somewhere, before they're released!   We need multiple rooms in Boschland!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, leighdear said:

Anybody know how we make that happen?  We have enough time before the 25th, so what do the Harry-lovers say?

Plus, we need to be able to discuss the spinoff, AND the Lincoln Lawyer somewhere, before they're released!   We need multiple rooms in Boschland!

@SilverStormm is the mod who set this board up originally.  Perhaps you could ask her.  I'm not sure if they have parameters that have to be met as to usage of a forum before it becomes set up with sub-forums.

We're looking forward to the new season, too.  Getting ready to binge all the prior seasons to remind ourselves of all the characters.

Edited by AZChristian
I really need to proofread better before posting.
  • Love 3

I'm watching the previous season to refresh my memory (and enjoying it just as much on the re-watch). Harry's house plays such an unforgettable role-- those views at night over Los Angelas (which IMHO is the ONLY time LA looks picturesque) are amazing. Which got me wondering-- what if the homeowner decides to sell sometime in the years over which this series is filmed? And the new homeowner won't rent it out for any amount of $$$? Or is that built into the first owner's contract-- if you sell it the next owner has to give us access?

Anyway, can't wait for the new season!

• Love 3

This is the last season of proper Bosch. I say that because IMDB TV has picked it up and will retool the series for just the main characters of Bosch, Maddie, and Honey Chandler. It was said by Michael Connelly on Twitter that they have a good relationship with the person who owns the house and leases it for production. They have no plans to sell. Agreed it is one of the best views in LA. 

• Love 2
On 8/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, DallasGypsy said:

Didn't really follow that whole thread with J. Edgar.  Couldn't tell who were the good guys and who were the bad guys.

Ha Ha I am rewatching this season and remain thoroughly confused about who was a bad guy, who was PRETENDING to be a bad guy, who was an undercover cop, who was an CI. Thought I come here to try and figure it out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, Mindthinkr said:

This is the last season of proper Bosch. I say that because IMDB TV has picked it up and will retool the series for just the main characters of Bosch, Maddie, and Honey Chandler. It was said by Michael Connelly on Twitter that they have a good relationship with the person who owns the house and leases it for production. They have no plans to sell. Agreed it is one of the best views in LA. 

But  it looks SO MUCH like the house described in the books. Did Connelly know about the house when he started writing?

42 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

But  it looks SO MUCH like the house described in the books. Did Connelly know about the house when he started writing?

If he's from the area, I could see him basing the description on the real house. Or if the house is newer, the owners building the house based on the description. ;)

(edited)
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just binged all of Season 7.  It was AWESOME.  Every episode better than the one before . . . and episodes 7 and 8 are the best ever.

Wo, what time did you start?  We just did episode one this evening. More tomorrow. It’s so good!  I love these characters and actors so much!  There’s one funny moment, when an undercover cop says to Jamie Hector “he’s like Stringer Bell. You know, on The Wire. Did you ever watch The Wire?”  Bwah ha ha. 

Edited by GussieK
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4