Type keyword(s) to search

First Dates - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/15/2017 at 1:42 PM, saber5055 said:

The gay guys pairing up brought tears to my eyes. They were the first couple on this show (besides the two "old" people last week) who came across as really WANTING a match with someone compatible. The guy from Ohio, he was smart, intelligent, attractive ... heck, I wanted to go out with him and I'm a straight woman. The other dates have all been like a The Bachelor-esque freak show. And the beard guy came back again? Yuck, no thanks. And the guy who had to leave his bros for this date looked stoned; I would have walked out on him in the first two minutes. Same with the phone-obsessed guy. What a creep. Good luck, I hope Ellen is paying for all those flights, hotel rooms AND dinners. Although the booze consumption could put a dent in even her bank account.

Just saw this episode, and the gay guys made me cry. From what I remember reading these dates were filmed in 2015. I would love to know if they are still together, or at least stayed together for awhile. And yes, would also like to know about the older couple from the first show. Both couples were adorable, and especially the gay couple made me remember the magic of finding the right person. I hope they did.

Poor Yvonne - the producers really dropped the ball there. She seemed like such a nice person and got paired with an idiot. I agree with others that she is the one who should have gotten the do over, but I think the experience scarred her for life. And that she went back to her ex who did not treat her well is just sad. 

The Indian guy was obnoxious. I can't imagine who any woman of any ethnicity wanting to date him - so immature. Yuck. 

Woody and Sara (I think that was her name)? I half expect them to show up down the line on one of the many true crime shows I watch. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue

I'm really missing this silly show. If anyone else is missing this blind dating energy, it's not the same thing at all but I discovered this series called Tell My Story on the Soul Pancake youtube channel. It tries to be more serious and in some ways it's way more awkward than just having a normal date. But I do still like seeing how people react to each other and who does or doesn't have chemistry.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:56 AM, aradia22 said:

I'm really missing this silly show. If anyone else is missing this blind dating energy, it's not the same thing at all but I discovered this series called Tell My Story on the Soul Pancake youtube channel. It tries to be more serious and in some ways it's way more awkward than just having a normal date. But I do still like seeing how people react to each other and who does or doesn't have chemistry.

I stumbled across a show called "Date Night Live" on fyi network, have you seen that? It's really similar, except with annoying hosts. 

They have about six dates going on simultaneously, and they flip around from one to the next. The hosts offer commentary from the studio between segments (fast forward!) The dates themselves are good - lots of interesting body language to dissect! 

• Love 1

I just stumbled across this show (first the Australian one, then British, and just about to dip my toes into the US version) and I love it way more than I expected to! I find myself rooting for many of the couples and I'm surprisingly disappointed if they don't stay together afterwards! 

So thanks to HBOMax I found this show and watched the Ireland one first and have now moved on to the Australian one.  Unfortunately they have a very limited number of the episodes from Season 1 only. I LOVE it. I got so involved in the stories and felt so badly when one person was into the other but the other wasn't.