Type keyword(s) to search

First Dates - General Discussion

• Start Topic

There's a Canadian version that's currently airing its second season. I love it! Plus, it's filmed in the city where I live so half the fun is watching to see if there's anyone I know. I hope the US version is as good as the Canadian one and doesn't focus on unnecessary drama (though hopefully they also get a self-proclaimed wizard like we did).

• Love 1

Jeanette and Woody - I wonder what made the matchmakers put those two together.  They live in the same area and are the same age, but that's it.  She's desperate to get married because she's been a bridesmaid too many times and her eggs are shriveling.  He's looking for 'his person', but he's in no hurry.  She's high maintanance, he arrives for his date in his best T-shirt and can't be bothered to trim his scraggly beard.  Her ideal second date (I don't doubt) is a spa day, shopping, and a nice dinner in a high end restaurant while discussing wedding venues and honeymoon trips - and the man will pay for everything.  Jeanette can't be bothered with pesky $200 tabs, and she's shocked that anyone would think she'd even be curious as to how much she just spent.  Woody's ideal second date would involve mud, camping, and not showering for two days.  I honestly think he despised her by the time they were done.

Older couple - Awww!  So glad they're still together, they really seemed like a good fit! 

Seattle nerds - I think the girl was expecting a different kind of nerd, and the guy needs more time to mature.  He's only 23, and he's aware that he's still young, but he tried so hard to be a good date.  Too bad she wasn't keen on a second date, he could use the practice.  I liked them both, though.

Cane Guy and Military Babe - I didn't think they were going to make it to a second date.  She didn't seem to like him at first.  Personally, I found her off-putting, but Cane Guy seemed to get her.  I think the turning point was when she learned about his father being executed and his family fleeing from the death squads.  I think that tapped into her protective side.  This pair has potential.

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought the restaurant idea was interesting.  But I was surprised that the couples got a bill at the end of the meal.  Although that did help that one couple implode.  They weren't going on a second date anyway, but getting stuck with a $200 bill while Miss "I spend more than that on my hair clips" sat there pouting because he'd sully her good mood with a crass discussion of money...  I think he'd have really said some rude things to her, or even throw down his share of the tab and walked out, but there were cameras and he probably signed some sort of agreement to stay until all the after- dinner interviews were over.

Edited by Zahdii

This was kind of interesting, I am not sure it it has enough content to last past one season though.  

Loved the older couple.  

I doubt they had to pay for dinner.  That was set up to see how they would handle it.  

And stop with the virgins on dating shows.  Be abstinent on your own time, I don't want to hear about it. zzzzzzzz

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, wings707 said:

This was kind of interesting, I am not sure it it has enough content to last past one season though.  

Loved the older couple.  

I doubt they had to pay for dinner.  That was set up to see how they would handle it.  

And stop with the virgins on dating shows.  Be abstinent on your own time, I don't want to hear about it. zzzzzzzz

I bet you're right.  That makes a lot more sense than flying them in for the show and then making them pay for their own dinner.  And they actually let them eat!  I wonder if we'll see someone with horrible table manners in a future episode tank any chance of a future relationship with their date that way.

• Love 1

I thought the juxtaposition of the young couple and the older couple was interesting. The young woman was flirtatious to the extreme and seemingly desperate to get married to the annoyance of her date, who had a pretty high opinion of himself. The older couple looked to me like they were establishing more of a friends connection through shared life experience. Not sure this show will last long, and the daters seemed to be playing specific roles straight out of central casting, but overall it was reasonably entertaining. 

• Love 1

The Black man with the cane making sarcastic comments to the waiter about being served a watermelon entree? Come on. It's not as if the chef made other diners a different course. I believed the woman when she said she hadn't clocked it at all. If he lives his life at that kind of peak sensitivity, I wouldn't have gone out with him again.

Otherwise, good on the producers for finding a guy who was taller than her. I felt for her when she mentioned the lifelong comments from men about wanting to climb her. Although her date wasn't much better with his pointed remarks about her ass. Ugh. Is that considered flirting these days?

The blond false eyelashes woman couldn't believe beard guy didn't want a second date with her high maintenance self, but his rapid refusal was the best part of the show for me.

Nerd woman was looking for another pop culture nerd, I guess, and instead got someone with no social skills. Did we find out what he does for a living that necessitates him carrying pens?

I don't know if I'll be tuning in regularly because I have a low secondhand embarrassment threshold.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lord Donia said:

I don't know if I'll be tuning in regularly because I have a low secondhand embarrassment threshold.

Funny! 

1 hour ago, Hpmec said:

The older couple looked to me like they were establishing more of a friends connection through shared life experience.

I think they were looking for the intimacy of marriage, too.  Not sure this show will last long enough for a follow up beyond what we already glimpsed but I would love to know how this one turns out.  

1 hour ago, Lord Donia said:

The Black man with the cane making sarcastic comments to the waiter about being served a watermelon entree? Come on. It's not as if the chef made other diners a different course. I believed the woman when she said she hadn't clocked it at all. If he lives his life at that kind of peak sensitivity, I wouldn't have gone out with him again.

His attitude exhausts me.  We hear this all too often.  Save it for when prejudice is clear so as not to dilute the issue of racism.  

------------------

The matching they did on the older couple was stellar.  Both lost spouses recently and were in the exact same place as to what was next for them. 

Matching a high maintenance, vegetarian/vegan (carnivore at night?) with a guy who lays carpet showed no skill in the matchmaking game.  Come on Ellen, you can do better than this.  We get so many shows with some cast for the drama or contrast, we don't need you to do this, too. 

Since the show is new it does stand to reason that they were not swamped with eager contestants.  Drawn from the major casting pool, most of these dates were probably hoping for something far better but settled. 

ETA.  Geek no longer means dork or hopelessly unaware.  It is now syn ominous with hip/cool and usually focused on pop culture or technology (not mutually exclusive). 

Edited by wings707
6 hours ago, wings707 said:

The UK version has run for 7 seasons/about 70 episodes, and is still going strong. NBC seems to be burying the show though, so it might not be an issue.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ApathyMonger said:

The UK version has run for 7 seasons/about 70 episodes, and is still going strong. NBC seems to be burying the show though, so it might not be an issue.

Like other shows that have started in the UK, our version often pales by comparison, Hunted is a prime example.  Have you seen the UK show?  I felt there was something missing here, not sure what though.  It kind of reminded me of the strained dates we see on the Bachelor but they actually ate the food. 

19 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Jeanette and Woody - I wonder what made the matchmakers put those two together.  They live in the same area and are the same age, but that's it.  She's desperate to get married because she's been a bridesmaid too many times and her eggs are shriveling.  He's looking for 'his person', but he's in no hurry.  She's high maintanance, he arrives for his date in his best T-shirt and can't be bothered to trim his scraggly beard.  Her ideal second date (I don't doubt) is a spa day, shopping, and a nice dinner in a high end restaurant while discussing wedding venues and honeymoon trips - and the man will pay for everything.  Jeanette can't be bothered with pesky $200 tabs, and she's shocked that anyone would think she'd even be curious as to how much she just spent.  Woody's ideal second date would involve mud, camping, and not showering for two days.  I honestly think he despised her by the time they were done.

Older couple - Awww!  So glad they're still together, they really seemed like a good fit! 

Seattle nerds - I think the girl was expecting a different kind of nerd, and the guy needs more time to mature.  He's only 23, and he's aware that he's still young, but he tried so hard to be a good date.  Too bad she wasn't keen on a second date, he could use the practice.  I liked them both, though.

Cane Guy and Military Babe - I didn't think they were going to make it to a second date.  She didn't seem to like him at first.  Personally, I found her off-putting, but Cane Guy seemed to get her.  I think the turning point was when she learned about his father being executed and his family fleeing from the death squads.  I think that tapped into her protective side.  This pair has potential.

I looooved the older couple (by the way, Jeannette is the older lady).  Kathyrn and Woody were fun to watch.  I wanted to dislike her at first because it looked like she was wearing no pants.  But she made me laugh.  Woody seemed like he could be a serial killer to me!  

I felt for the nerd.  He seemed heartbroken to be rejected.  And his date had the most unflattering hairstyle ever.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Otherwise, good on the producers for finding a guy who was taller than her. I felt for her when she mentioned the lifelong comments from men about wanting to climb her. Although her date wasn't much better with his pointed remarks about her ass. Ugh. Is that considered flirting these days?

The blond false eyelashes woman couldn't believe beard guy didn't want a second date with her high maintenance self, but his rapid refusal was the best part of the show for me.

Nerd woman was looking for another pop culture nerd, I guess, and instead got someone with no social skills. Did we find out what he does for a living that necessitates him carrying pens?

I didn't take the watermelon joke seriously like that. It was just in jest. I would joke about stuff like that one on one and not to the waiter because there was obviously no offense intended. But, different strokes. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 4

The nerd's date laughed like a hyena when his flowers were delivered. A simple, "Thank you" or "How nice of you" would have been much more appropriate. What ever happened to manners? 

The older couple were sweet, but I did not get a romantic vibe. They are both very much still grieving the loss of a spouse and neither seemed ready to move on just yet. Hope they remain friends. 

• Love 1

The older couple - now maybe it's me because I'm approaching that age - looked so much older than 65 to me.  

I did not like the blonde woman with the short dress, who talked about her boob job. Your eggs are drying up? Boo-boo, you're too selfish to ever have children.

April 14 episode:

It wasn't very fair of the producers to match a traditional Indian man who only dates Indian women with a non-Indian. (The former might, incidentally, have a better cultural understanding of him living with his parents). His manic affect and constant phone addiction were different problems.

Dylan, the man who dates by going to a bar with four beer bros and waiting for woman-manna to fall from heaven ... oh, dear. Like the pocket ballpoint pen nerd from last week, my heart went out to him. Seems like a good person but he could benefit from a few weeks with a real life Hitch.

I would never have matched bearded Woody with Southern Sara, but at least they could, if necessary, gnaw on body parts together. Weirdest dating criteria ever: no unadventurous eaters!

Good for the gay guys. I hope they have found a lot more in common than shared loneliness, mothers, and coming out stories.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 4

The gay guys pairing up brought tears to my eyes. They were the first couple on this show (besides the two "old" people last week) who came across as really WANTING a match with someone compatible. The guy from Ohio, he was smart, intelligent, attractive ... heck, I wanted to go out with him and I'm a straight woman. The other dates have all been like a The Bachelor-esque freak show. And the beard guy came back again? Yuck, no thanks. And the guy who had to leave his bros for this date looked stoned; I would have walked out on him in the first two minutes. Same with the phone-obsessed guy. What a creep. Good luck, I hope Ellen is paying for all those flights, hotel rooms AND dinners. Although the booze consumption could put a dent in even her bank account.

• Love 8

I am so in!  Dylan, the high guy, was getting worse as the date went on.  I felt for his date, can't remember her name - lol.  She paid at the end and he wanted to go out again.  He needs some help.

The casting director probably thought the girl with the Indian guy was Indian.  I sure did.

The gentlemen - loved them.  They do seem like they are both in the same spot emotionally and journey wise.  I liked them.

What happened with the black couple?

Beard found a match!  It makes sense since they both live in Nashville.  Having people meet who don't live in a general vicinity does not usually bode well.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

The gay guys pairing up brought tears to my eyes. They were the first couple on this show (besides the two "old" people last week) who came across as really WANTING a match with someone compatible. The guy from Ohio, he was smart, intelligent, attractive ... heck, I wanted to go out with him and I'm a straight woman. The other dates have all been like a The Bachelor-esque freak show. And the beard guy came back again? Yuck, no thanks. And the guy who had to leave his bros for this date looked stoned; I would have walked out on him in the first two minutes. Same with the phone-obsessed guy. What a creep. Good luck, I hope Ellen is paying for all those flights, hotel rooms AND dinners. Although the booze consumption could put a dent in even her bank account.

I loved them so much. I got choked up watching them because it felt like I was really seeing something real happen. I hope it worked for them. Both men seemed very nice and their loneliness was apparent.

Good lord, drunk dude was awful. I felt for that girl. The Indian dude was just the absolute worst. He looked ridiculous walking up with that Hermes belt front and center. That made me roll my eyes to the ceiling for some reason. And he thought he had way more going on than he actually did.

Yuck.

• Love 5

Episode 1: I could not pinpoint the voice. I was thinking Sara Rue. Darn, Drew Barrymore's lisp is really pronounced. I do like the idea of her doing the narration because of all of her rom-coms.

Overall, the show reminded me of all those old dating shows in either the late 90's or early 2000's but less sleazy and with better production values. That's the last time I remember dating shows being popular. I am very surprised they paired a couple of people where the woman was older than the man. I sort of like the idea of daters interacting with the bartender and maitre d'.

I can't be bothered to remember their names. I did think the first two couples were a little try-hard-y. I think it was partially for the cameras but also for each other. Sure, if you're dating a lot, you start to develop bits and jokes/stories you know you can tell. But it was too much. Especially the leek thing. That was weird. I thought Couple #1 ended up being kind of cute together but I also feel like they were one of the most camera ready. 

Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I thought there were a lot of cellphones. From the one girl wanting to use Snapchat. To the other girl making a phone call in the bathroom. I only pull out my phone if a date is going badly. Or if I need to check the time because I don't have a watch. Or maybe if I absolutely have to in order to check my calendar or look up directions if the date doesn't stay in one spot. But otherwise, the phone stays in the bag and I feel no need to get it out.

David and Annie shook hands for a long time. So I think part of the issue is that it's not that he's not Benedict Cumberbatch or Zachary Quinto. It's that he's a book nerd and not a tech or pop culture nerd. She seems a little dorky but normal. He seems to have actual social interaction issues.

The tall military veteran felt kind of aggressive. I mean, her date wasn't great but she seemed to be challenging him from the beginning. But maybe she really buys into the whole alpha thing and was trying to actually get him to assert dominance. I feel like they kept playing the manipulative emotional music when he talked about his background but in reality they weren't in a genuine place. 

I liked Jeanette immediately. 

Why are Katherine's usually horrible or treated horribly in real life or pop culture? But it's OK, because she had a Katheryn weird spelling so I'm choosing to say that it doesn't count. I don't know how much makeup they put on everyone else to get them camera ready but she seemed to be wearing a lot. I'm curious how that translated in person. I thought Woody was relatively attractive but he does not have the right hair texture to pull off that beard so let's not get too full of ourselves. They felt more camera ready than Couple #1 but in a cringey way instead of Couple #1's planned sentimentality. They were in the style of the old dating shows... or something like Big Brother. I'm not saying they both want to be actors but I do think they were prepared to act a certain way. They were both bad but I think he had more natural awfulness. 

See, unlike couples 1 and 2, the older couple actually had a real empathetic reaction to each other's stories. I love that they've been on multiple dates and are going through her bucket list. With the pressure of sex and settling down out of the way, it's probably easier to just enjoy spending time with another person.

• Love 1

Episode 2: I decided to write down the names this time to make it easier.

Dylan was a struggle. I think he was out of it from the start. He came off looking serious but I think it's just because he was not all there so it probably took a lot of focus. I was surprised at how nervous he seemed to be. If you took Yvonne's verbal description of what she wants and distilled it into a profile it would be every generic dating profile. Dogs, music, and traveling? What? I can see how they were both probably not the most popular kids and happened to grow into relative attractiveness. That was on me for jumping to conclusions based on how they look after Woody and Katheryn. Poor Yvonne. If anyone should get a do-over, it's her. 

Shawn and Angela were interesting. I feel like because he's older and she's a single mom their maturity levels and perspectives lined up more than I would have initially assumed. Not that they want the same things but they both know what they want and it's coming from a realistic place and not a superficial one. I'm not sure if there was chemistry besides her laughing at his jokes. 

Andy and Jason were a nice choice for the gay couple. I don't think the struggles of dating in your 40's when your gay is something that comes up often. Jason was very personable from the beginning. I worried they wouldn't connect because Andy seemed more restrained. But then it got really sweet and I got all sentimental. Aww. The way they were smiling at each other at the end was so adorable. See, that's it. The real excitement and flutters and butterflies. That's the real goal, right? Oh God, they made me so happy. I'm such a sap. 

Anip was immediately incredibly annoying to me and the apps were a big part of that. You're 24. Not 14. Thankfully the phone disappeared when she got there. And... then it came out again. The way he was talking up his partying, jetsetting lifestyle had me rolling me eyes a lot. Hayley seemed pretty great. She deserves better.

What? No. They're already recycling Woody? Sara looked very glamorous but also like she had more of an Amazonian build. So even though I don't like him, I was thinking maybe she was the outdoorsy girl he claimed he wanted and I wanted to see how it played out. I did almost think she was taller than him until they actually measured. I thought he'd be too intimidated by her. But surprisingly it seemed like he liked her enough to be on his best behavior this time. Sara seemed like a fun hang... and also more than a little drunk by the end of the date. 

It was a little sad that the date drove Yvonne back to her ex since she implied he mistreated her and there were trust issues.

Edited by aradia22
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I thought Woody was relatively attractive but he does not have the right hair texture to pull off that beard so let's not get too full of ourselves.

His name is Woody?  I did not catch that - but roflmao.  Yes, the texture of the beard was not right.  Thank you, I couldn't figure out what was going on there.

• Love 1

I don't know any of these people's names so had to try to figure out who was whom when reading the above posts. I do remember the name "Woody," which made me LOL while sitting on my couch. So much potential for bad jokes there. I had forgotten about those blind date shows from years ago. Wasn't it called ... Blind Date? It used to be on late night and I always watched. Jumper Sage, if I remember correctly, the ending said the black couple went out on more dates. She was hilarious, laughing at her date's antics. He'd be stupid not to continue a relationship with her, just for that reason. And yeah, I felt terrible that this First Date went that one woman back to her ex. People are exes for a reason. She deserves better. Ellen ... you need to help that one. Lastly, I didn't realize until I read here that Drew is the voice over. I will listen closer next episode.

Gah. That first date SENT that woman back to her ex. Sorry, can't edit my posts.

• Love 1

The gay couple were adorable, their mothers chose their clothes to wear that night!  So funny..  I liked the black couple too. 

Dylan appeared to be stoned or maybe too many drinks before he arrived.  Knew that match wouldn't work!

Another miss was the Indian party boy who lived with his parents and was into snap chat! Lol.  

I like this show so far.  Kind of cute.

• Love 6

Anip was immediately incredibly annoying to me and the apps were a big part of that. You're 24. Not 14. Thankfully the phone disappeared when she got there. And... then it came out again. The way he was talking up his partying, jetsetting lifestyle had me rolling me eyes a lot. Hayley seemed pretty great. She deserves better.

I was doing a slow burn when he mentioned that he only dated Indian women, and was surprised that his date was not Indian.  But, he said something to the effect of "you could probably pass enough for my family to accept you".  AHHHH!!!!! (screaming)  Does he think she is going to pretend to be Indian so that his family will accept her?!?!?  SMH  . . .

• Love 4
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Does he think she is going to pretend to be Indian so that his family will accept her?!?!?  SMH  . . .

No, I think he threw that out there as kind of a bone.  He was an arrogant little prick who liked her well enough to insinuate that she could pass if he deigned to introduce her to his relatives, but I don't think he ever thought he would marry her.  I think he was hoping to get a few more dates (and sex) from her.

He made sure to tell her that his parents put him on a timeline to get married, but he planned to extend that timeline by a couple of years.  He also said that if he didn't find an acceptable bride on his own, he was already on some kind of list designed to get him into an arranged marriage.

Didn't he say something to his date about her wanting to "lock it down" or something like that?  I think he was saying that she was already planning the wedding, and she was justifiably insulted.

I think he's just going through the motions of dating so he can pretend that he wasn't going to be pushed around by his parents, but in the end he'll accept an arranged marriage.  He'll just tell himself he couldn't find a love match with a woman, Indian or not, because he's just too damned awesome.  There's no woman on the face of the earth to compare to him.  He'll end up allowing his parents to find him a wife.  Someone who knows she's not really good enough for him but is honored to marry him anyway.  I pity her already.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2017 at 5:34 AM, aradia22 said:

Anip was immediately incredibly annoying to me .... The way he was talking up his partying, jetsetting lifestyle had me rolling me eyes a lot. 

Yes, he was going on about he travels all the time for his job, high lifestyle of an in-demand photographer, I guess, most women probably couldn't keep up with him.....and then, he let's it spill he lives with his parents.  My eyes were a-rolling.

I don't begrudge anyone from living with their parents, and plenty of 24-year olds do so out of financial necessity - but it was a contrast to his earlier description of himself.

• Love 4

OMG....don't remember the names but what a douche bag that guy was!!!. Loved love loved that he was cold busted not just by his date but the producer!. And then he had the balls to ask to call her???  Her immediate no was great. From the moment he walked in my husband and I both thought there was something not right about him...total douche!!!  

Asian couple were awesome. I was glad blonde boob chick told him no to second date....I thought she was gonna even after he was trying to pick up the waitress and was so glad she didnt. He wasnt done being the playa he was soooo proud of and thought he was all that and a bag of chips.

• Love 12

The blonde woman said something about it being hard to change your reputation. When the guy thinks you are such a sure thing that he invites another woman on your date there might be a problem. It was good she said no to a second date.  That waitress was quite attractive.

• Love 6

That waitress was quite attractive.

She also rude to be flirting with another woman's date right in front of her. I did think though that the blonde was trying too hard to prove she was all down with the swirl. A guy less self-involved might have taken it as being fetishisized. And both of them were basically trying to outdo each other in making a public spectacle of themselves.

what a douche bag that guy was!!!.

Apparently he forgot he was being filmed for TV? His date was kind of needy though. She probably would've gone for a second date if they hadn't clued her in. I want to think the producers don't vet these people much. Otherwise, given her history of being played by married men it would be cruel to put her on a date with a guy who was "technically" single and was probably looking for a side piece.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7

Levi wanted a second date?!  Why? she did nothing but knock his cat the entire dinner.  And clearly did not like guys who use emojis and he said he did.  She was a piece of work. 

Mary Kay (older) was a sad story. Men assume she will put out because she has a big chest?  No.   I knew her date was not going to ask her out again.  

Jennifer and Michael.  She was ready for this  date to fail.  No wonder she never gets a second date.  Then we see her date was on the phone to someone he called baby.  Lol!  Why did he sign on for this show? 

The Asian couple were well matched! 

I would love to know how they find these people. 

The black guy and blonde.  Nope.  Seemed they didn't even try on this match.  She was a mess.  No wonder he was hitting on the waitress. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Mary Kay (older) was a sad story. Men assume she will put out because she has a big chest?  No.   I knew her date was not going to ask her out again

Mary Kay looked to me to have Cushing's disease - huge neck, thin arms and legs with a round face and round body.    She also didn't seem too bright, and Cushing's can sometimes cause cognitive impairments.  It was weird how she said she hadn't been on a date in 20 years, and couldn't stop talking about sex  -  kids today have sex on the first date, a previous date brought whips,  look at that girl's butt!  She was hoping he was going to try something, so she could get offended.

The blonde girl with the too-short black dress and no bra -  she makes sexual jokes, shakes her tits on command, and gets offended when he suggests a threesome?  OK, whatever. 

@SayMyName - I guess the show wants to make sure nobody uses it for a free political ad. 

• Love 3

The player actually said he was "poly-enormous." He deserves to have his heart stomped on again, if you ask me. I gather his blond date is a stripper, what with the reference to spending a lot of time on elevated stages?

History of being burned or not, Jennifer is right to be suspicious on a first date. Everyone should be! What was Michael thinking letting himself be filmed as he was in the process of two-timing someone? Idiot.

Kristen shouldn't consider herself such a catch. She showed very little personality or spark. Cat hater! Levi seemed like an interesting, genuine guy with a great attitude who's made himself a better person after adversity.

Stephanie and Nelson were adorable; since they're still dating I hope Stephanie has been able to relax and not be so closed in.

Do the women know there are cameras in the restroom? Yeesh.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, SayMyName said:

The blonde woman said something about it being hard to change your reputation. When the guy thinks you are such a sure thing that he invites another woman on your date there might be a problem. It was good she said no to a second date.  That waitress was quite attractive.

So true!

The guy that was caught talking to another girl on the phone - what an idiot!

Question:  Ellen D. has two shows on at the same time.  This one and The Toy Box.  I can't find a thread for The Toy Box.  Anyone know anything about this?  I find it funny that both her shows are competing.

7 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

The player actually said he was "poly-enormous." He deserves to have his heart stomped on again, if you ask me. I gather his blond date is a stripper, what with the reference to spending a lot of time on elevated stages?

I forgot about that!  Those two seemed like a poor fit for this show.  I couldn't figure out if he was making a joke or really thought that was the way to pronounce poly-amorous.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, backformore said:

The blonde girl with the too-short black dress and no bra -  she makes sexual jokes, shakes her tits on command, and gets offended when he suggests a threesome?  OK, whatever. 

Thanks for saying that - as a male was afraid I'd get hammered for offering that.  I was okay with the sexual jokes, that's millennials these days.  But the shimmying on demand?  That right there screamed "bimbo" and "easy lay."   Granted, her date was a dick - but she opened the door wide open to his dickishness.  Things is, though the Blonde implied she was an exotic dancer, she came across as a pretty nice person looking for companionship.  She clearly has a fetish, but a lot of people do.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 4