Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E06: Vote Early, Vote Often

• Start Topic

I think the whole purpose of Cochran was solely to deliver the advantage to Debbie. Not to give any  great pearls of wisdom.  They just needed an excuse to get him on the boat with the box lol.  Did he bring alcohol? I don't remember, but again beautiful boat, feast, alcohol, sounds win win win to me heh

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I wonder if they had a few previous winners on hand and picked there one to go out there based on who got sent to S. S. Exile.

Cochran might have been the best of the available choices for Debbie (played twice and recovered from a poor social game first time out), but if it had been someone like Brad, maybe BRob rolls up. Or Hali gets to meet Sophie.

I dunno. Maybe I'm dreaming because I regret not getting to see Debbie getting advice from Coach.

LOL!!!! Oh my, I want to see that. Either Coach, Boston Rob or Phillip Shepard giving "advice" to Debbie. Any of those there with her would be gold!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

So does a trip to EI mean every exile-ee has to spend time with Cochran?  He's going to be jet-boated out to talk strategy with each one?

I wonder if EI was just a one-off this time? A way to deal with there being an odd person out during the tribe swap from two to three? Since it was on a boat, I didn't necessarily think it was permanent. We shall see. 

• Love 10

I love Cochran and always will so his time with Debbie was fun for me.  He called it right too - he's sent to give advice and ends up with the person who's the most over confident and least able to take it.  Seems like he got through to her in the end, there was probably a lot of conversation we didn't see and I hope he told her over and over to fully lie about exile.  I can see her trying to pretend it was just a crappy deserted island and horrible experience but I can also see her pride getting in the way, someone makes her angry and she mouths off about how great it was.  Of the three advantages though I would have picked extra vote too.

Never liked Sandra so there was much cheering when the votes were read.  I won't deny she can play the game; I've just never liked her or watching her so I'm one whose glad to see her gone.  There are a few others this season that I'd also like to see go but still not sure who I'd like to see win.

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, damn. I guess I'm rooting for Varner now, although he's probably gone next week, so it will be a short-lived root. I like Tai, but I was really hoping Sandra would pull that off, and for a second there, I thought she had, but obviously the tribe had had a stick-to-the-plan conversation beforehand and she was doomed. I loved her parting words though; she's a gracious and good Queen AND SHE CAN GET LOUD TOO WHAT THE FUCK. Long may she reign.

The Cochran/Debbie meeting was so boring, and Debbie's delusions and split personality didn't make it any more interesting. "I'm not worried about anyone. I've got everyone figured out. I've got this. What? An advantage? Ah mah gah you have no idea how hard the last two weeks have been," as she clamps on to him like a remora, sobbing her eyes out. It probably gave him nightmarish flashbacks to Dawn. I have no idea why he awkwardly decided to stand up in the middle of the hug and also announce that he was standing up instead of just doing it, but I like to think he was preparing to flee.

3 hours ago, RescueMom said:

Also, was it just me, or does Sarah have a ridiculously beautifully fit, athletic body? I didn't really notice before this episode, but there was a shot of her in a bikini in one of the challenges that made me think, "Damn girl, nice work!!" 

She's pretty fit, but I can't get over that neanderthal stance of hers. She always stands with her arms and legs slightly bent and that, combined with that slack-jawed gape she usually sports, makes it hard to look at her.

2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

I didn't think she was being a good sport so much as trying to suck up to the people who were now in the majority alliance. Say "Good job!" once, fine. But she just kept laying it on so thick, it all sounded like damage control to me and not actual admiration.

Aubry always comes across as insincere to me. Last week when she was praising Michaela at TC and calling her intelligent and strong, it sounded more condescending than admiring. She was the same in her first season with Tai when he won immunity (or found an HII? I can't remember), and went on and on about how happy she was and how she was so proud of him (as if she had anything at all to do with it). I always got the impression that she holds herself above everyone around her, and when they have good luck or get the better of her, she can't hide her bitterness that things didn't go her way, her sour reaction when Michelle won Kaoh Rong being the biggest example.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 11

I have something more to say about Debbie.  Love her or hate her, sad to say, I think she has great entertainment value.

Before Episode 3 (when she acted so crazy), this was a fairly ho-hum season. But with her behavior, the season now has a character that is highly entertaining. I call it "sad" because she is entertaining in much the same way that a train wreck is entertaining.

But, if I was a producer on this show, I would be on the lookout for people that would provide that kind of entertainment. All the lame "twists" this season are not really entertaining. The many "drop your buffs" shakeups were a large reason why Sandra went home (at least the last one was).

Do you think the show runner(s) are getting desperate for new ways to keep the ratings up? I know that in my case, I certainly would not want to miss another episode on which Debbie will be performing. And maybe the word "performing" is a clue that some people come to this show with the idea to actually portay some kind of strange character. I know several people in this forum have suggested that and now I'm wondering if it just may be true.

• Love 1

Things I enjoyed about this episode:

• Seeing Tai have the common sense to realize that there might be an idol hidden in his new camp with an identical clue to the one he had found at his old camp.  Doesn't matter whether you love him or hate him; at least he's working at what he's good at in the game!!!
  • LOL'ed at Debbie's comment that she'd "met presidents and prime ministers."  Translation:  I saw the president of my high school class in the hallway, and shook hands with the only pastor at a church with 20 members ("prime minister").
  • Loved Cochran's attempt to hint to Debbie that she has delusions of grandeur, and that over-confidence is the biggest danger on this show.  
  • BIGGEST JOY:  Watching the back of "da queen" as she took the walk of shame.  Not a fan.  Never was.  Never will be.
  • Love 11
(edited)
14 hours ago, LanceM said:

Please let Hali-Cirie-Michaela-Aubry and form an alliance, maybe bring Andrea in at the merge.

This is probably the only way the post merge part of the game is going to be watchable for me. But it has maybe a 1% chance of happening so I'm prepared to be bored from now on.

I didn't think Tai looking for the idol at the new camp was a smart move. It was literally just common sense. I'm pretty sure even Ozzy himself would think to look for the idol at the new camp! Tai is just a mess. If I was playing I would want him gone immediately. You can't play with someone that chaotic and illogical. A part of me hopes this blows up in these people's faces soon. I like Andrea, but I don't give a fuck about the rest of them so I would laugh.

I've never been an Ozzy fan, but he was giving me some great faces in this ep. First when Tai was telling Varner they were voting out Sandra and then when Tai was going insane at TC. So hilarious!

The only person left that I'm actually interested in seeing play is Hali, but I don't think she has a chance in hell of really being able to do anything. I like Andrea, but she appears to be playing a 'follow the majority alliance until it's my time to go' game and I don't really see that changing. I also enjoy Michaela, but she isn't likely to do anything that excites me game-wise. I don't hate Aubry or Sierra, but I can't bring myself to root for either of them either. Hell, I barely hate anyone anymore. Everyone's just so boring.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Michaels TV Tray said:

Really, Zeke?  Says the guy that gleefully voted of his best ally in his last season.

Huh? Chris, who was an alliance of convenience for both? Or David, who Zeke turned on, but was never in danger of going home?

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
14 hours ago, LanceM said:

Please let Hali-Cirie-Michaela-Aubry and form an alliance, maybe bring Andrea in at the merge.

Big Little Lies -- Survivor-style! With Culpepper as Perry, Varner as Ed and Troyzan as Nathan.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

So does a trip to EI mean every exile-ee has to spend time with Cochran?  He's going to be jet-boated out to talk strategy with each one?  Gag.  The only thing that made his appearance interesting was that he totally has Debbie's number.  He knows she's a braggart who thinks her made up resume (2016 Upgrade- Now With Presidents & Ponies!) makes her smarter, stronger, wiser than all the others.  I think he also knows she is far up her own ass, she won't take any advice he offers.  Debbie seems to suffer from not only delusions of grandeur, but a strange hearing disorder as well.  She can't process anything anyone else says, but hears her own BS with acute clarity.

Cirie is a puzzle master!  She and her 2 partners (can't remember who helped) were done so fast, no one seemed to grasp what just happened.  And Probst was denied any misogynistic asides about the all girl puzzle solvers.

I really wish they'd do an "Old School" Survivor season.  No idols.  No advantages.  No extra food.  No pillows and hammocks from the Pier 1 "Comfort Collection".  Reward challenges should hand out minimal food meant to provide protein and carbs.  Not a trip to an island barista for macchiatos and artisinal pastries.  Also survival gear like tarps, fishing tackle, tool kits would be good. I don't want people to be on the verge of death like Africa and Australia in Days of Yore, but I also don't want to see people walking up to random trees and pulling out idols.  I will say I do like the tribes being switched up more often.  It keeps people on their toes, and prevents Pagong-ing.

Since it's old school, they have to bring back the cursed car reward. Watch everyone try to lose the challenge.

• Love 2

Does anyone else think that the Debbie stuff was super shady?  They just happened to pick the contestant having a mental breakdown to take away with butterfly nets and put her alone on an island with someone who seems very mentally sound, neutral, and calming? 

Yes, I thought that the Exile was a way to give Debbie a break and figure out if she was sane enough to return.  Her screaming, then laughing last week was pretty deranged. Food, rest, then observation to see if she's ok.

When Debbie hugged Cochran and wouldn't let go, it reminded me of a lesson I used to teach teens with social skills deficits about hugging - if the person is not your boyfriend/girlfriend, or a member of your immediate family, then a 3 second hug is appropriate.  Anything longer could be uncomfortable or creepy.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I'll stand up and cheer if Debbie uses that extra vote and winds up going home. Or votes for herself, which would be likely. #toodumbtoknowbetter

"I was going to double down on my target. But that person might have an idol, and the very last way I want to go out is like that fat fuck Dan Foley. I know I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid. Did you see him lay into my long-lost twin Shirin? I'm not going down that path."

• Love 2

Is there any chance AT ALL that Debbie keeps Exile Island particulars to herself? I just can't imagine she could. What would be really funny is if she blabbed it and no one believed her because of her other delusional behavior. "Sure Debbie, but were there ponies?"

• Love 18
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:
4 hours ago, RescueMom said:

Also, was it just me, or does Sarah have a ridiculously beautifully fit, athletic body? I didn't really notice before this episode, but there was a shot of her in a bikini in one of the challenges that made me think, "Damn girl, nice work!!" 

She's pretty fit, but I can't get over that neanderthal stance of hers. She always stands with her arms and legs slightly bent and that, combined with that slack-jawed gape she usually sports, makes it hard to look at her.

So glad you guys said this!  I was almost going to put it in my earlier post but thought it was my imagination.  Was trying to get the family to see what I was seeing - it shows best when she's with her team on the mat before a challenge.  From the neck down she has this odd bodybuilder/fighter stance that looks like she's ready to kill someone; her facial expression though makes her look perpetually confused.  It's a very odd combination.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

This will go down as the first year people gain weight on Survivor.

I believe Stephenie gained weight on her Guatemala season.

Sad to see Sandra go.  

I too find Sarah's stance/expression somewhat uncomfortable to watch.  I commented on her hunched-up shoulders in her original season, saying they made her look like she's tense, defensive, and socially uncomfortable, and someone said it was her muscles (and yes, she's strong, I think I remember her doing pullups at Ponderosa?) but I think it's more than that and the commenter upthread nailed it, it's how her arms hang down from it too.  I'm so reactive to it that I was surprised at the "grooming" comment.

I was impressed with how Cochran handled Debbie, and the read he had on her.  Laughed out loud when the returner was someone nobody guessed in the speculation thread.  

Wonder if they'll eat the rest of the chickens or if Tai will wield influence there over the fate of Marco, Marquette, and Marky Mark.  I was kind of sorry Tai got back to the chicken location--and I'm a vegetarian, and I further don't mind that he bonds with them--I think it's sweet, but somehow I find all the back and forth about it tedious to watch.  

• Love 3

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I did find myself wondering if production found a way to make sure Debbie was the one being exiled and changed it up so that it was a relaxing day on a yacht because they were concerned about her emotional health.  I mean, if anyone needed a "mental health day" it was Debbie.      

• Love 12
(edited)

After the tribe swap, when Probst announced Debbie's trip to Exhile, she turned to start walking and because of the angle, it looked like she was about to walk right into the ocean. For a second, I thought Debbie was just going to be like, "I don't need a boat, Jeff - I'll swim there myself. I swam the English Channel when I was 9, and I won a bronze in the 100m backstroke back in Sydney. ". And because it's Debbie, I wouldn't have been shocked if that actually had happened.

Also, even though I think Cochran's an overrated dork, I admire him for not making a face or recoiling when Debbie lunged at him and wouldn't let go. She must have smelled pretty terrible by that point.

Edited by Sugar
  • Love 15

I'm bummed that we will never see how Sandra and Cirie would have played together.  

Tai is the biggest idiot who ever played Survivor, and probably the luckiest.  He cannot lie, he can't remember what they've told him to do, and he just causes trouble for everyone who is trying to be allied with him.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, survivinmt said:

Is there any chance AT ALL that Debbie keeps Exile Island particulars to herself? I just can't imagine she could. What would be really funny is if she blabbed it and no one believed her because of her other delusional behavior. "Sure Debbie, but were there ponies?"

I had wondered if she was going to play it as hardship-hell?  I like your version.

The other thing, is to play in your mind, what it would have been like with the other survivors.  I'm kind of stuck on what Cochran would have looked like next to Ozzie. Or Andrea.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, phlebas said:

I dunno. Maybe I'm dreaming because I regret not getting to see Debbie getting advice from Coach.

OMG.  I would have cringe-watched this through the fingers covering my eyes, but it would have been TV gold.  Gold, I tell you!  Wouldn't it have been great if the producers had several Survivor icons waiting in the wings in order to produce just the right match on Exile Yacht, depending on who was the odd one out in the tribe swap?

You just keep digging, Debbie.  Somewhere down in the bottom of that pile of poop there must be a pony.  Don't ever give up!  The President, Pope, Prime Minister, and probably the Galactic Overlord would be so disappointed in you....

I was never a Sandra fan on her previous two seasons.  But I was warming up to her on this one, I think because they were finally showing us what makes her so magic.  In her talking head interviews, she is so arrogant and cackling that it makes me hate her, and it makes me wonder how and why her tribemates would want to keep such an unpleasant person around.  But this season--especially last night--they've been showing us more of Sandra's constantly actively strategizing mind and her working her manipulations.  She is quite deft at turning hearts and minds, and appears quite pleasant when doing so, in total contrast to her talking head sessions.  When she was doing her little strategy session with Ozzy et al, I though she had really done it--and to an extent she had.  They were totally on board with her insight and strategy, they just didn't need her to carry it out.   I think Sandra was her own worst enemy, her "anyone but me" philosophy that she spouts all the time and the familiarity all these veterans had with that was her downfall, they knew that ultimately she was not on anyone's side but her own.  Sandra is fiercely loyal--but only to herself.  She'd throw anyone else under the bus without a second thought.

You know, when Boston Rob was strategizing, and working his tribe to his way of thinking, the edits clearly showed him doing that, but only in this season do I recall the edit ever showing Sandra doing the same.  I guess it didn't fit the "character" they had built for her.  If they had showed more of that in her earlier seasons, I would have had a better understanding of her wins, and how she has so many fans. 

Tai, Tai, Tai...  That was brilliant, really brilliant to infer that there was a corresponding hidden immunity idol at the new camp, in exactly the spot you found yours at the old camp.  Well, actually, that part was predictable.  What was brilliant was you destroying the plank of wood with the tribe symbol on it and burying it in the jungle, and leaving the clue out there telling the finder to splash water on wood to find the idol.   I cannot wait to see someone running around like a loon splashing water everywhere in increasing desperation...  Now, I am less optimistic about you using your two idols wisely and well.  I figure you have about the same chances of doing that as Debbie has using her extra vote properly...

• Love 4

I have the worst feeling that the final 2-3 are all going to be players I hate. Brad,Troyzan,Tai,Sierra,Sarah and Zeke are all not my cup of tea. Hali doesn't do anything for me either, though I don't actively dislike her. Debbie is batshit crazy, but still can be entertaining. We all know she won't win, but if she miraculously uses her extra vote to get Brad out, I will sing her praises. 

Aubrey is now my number 1 with Malcolm and Sandra gone. She should have won her season. I am slightly encouraged by the FaceTime she received in this episode. Hoping it starts to increase so I can have a hope of her winning. The lack of FT for Cirie and Andrea gives me little hope for them. Ozzy has received just enough to possibly be in play. 

I'm not liking all of these damn gimmicks this season. I don't like Cochran, so EI was excruciating to watch. Tai with three idols already is a joke. I'm okay with hidden Idols, but they should be limited, and once they are played they should not be put back into rotation. I'd be in favor of only having one, with it only being put in play once the tribes merge. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I think Sandra was her own worst enemy, her "anyone but me" philosophy that she spouts all the time and the familiarity all these veterans had with that was her downfall

I don't think that had anything to do with her downfall. They didn't vote her out because of her lack of loyalty, they voted her out because she's brilliant at this game. No matter what her strategy was, they still would have voted her out.

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Cirie is obviously Madeleine.
Debbie is obviously Renata.
Michaela is Celeste.
Hali is Jane.
Andrea can be Zoe Kravitz.
(No spoilers I promise)

(the book was better)!!!

27 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I was never a Sandra fan on her previous two seasons.  But I was warming up to her on this one, I think because they were finally showing us what makes her so magic.  In her talking head interviews, she is so arrogant and cackling that it makes me hate her, and it makes me wonder how and why her tribemates would want to keep such an unpleasant person around.  But this season--especially last night--they've been showing us more of Sandra's constantly actively strategizing mind and her working her manipulations.  She is quite deft at turning hearts and minds, and appears quite pleasant when doing so, in total contrast to her talking head sessions.  When she was doing her little strategy session with Ozzy et al, I though she had really done it--and to an extent she had.  They were totally on board with her insight and strategy, they just didn't need her to carry it out.   I think Sandra was her own worst enemy, her "anyone but me" philosophy that she spouts all the time and the familiarity all these veterans had with that was her downfall, they knew that ultimately she was not on anyone's side but her own.  Sandra is fiercely loyal--but only to herself.  She'd throw anyone else under the bus without a second thought.

Sarah explained it best...Sandra is calm, doesn't raise her voice, explains herself well and "grooms" others to do her bidding.  I felt like she was almost talking Ozzie, Andrea and Sarah into a trance.  Girl is GOOD.  She deserved her two wins, and the applause upon leaving.  Even Probst couldn't help smirking at her as she begged him to spare her torch, LOL.  I'll miss her.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, fishcakes said:

She's [Sarah] pretty fit, but I can't get over that neanderthal stance of hers. She always stands with her arms and legs slightly bent and that, combined with that slack-jawed gape she usually sports, makes it hard to look at her.

I've noticed that,  but I just think it's Sarah's official cop stance.  You know, knees bent like a tennis player, ready to spring to the left or right and arms out, ready for that lightning fast gun draw. Or it could just be they get used to their arms hanging six inches from their sides to allow for all the crap they hang on their belts. 

I've decided to root for Sarah.  In her bio she says things like, "I'm not lazy or stupid,"  Rather than the usual, "I'm going to win because I'm awesome and  brilliant and everyone who ever met me adores me."  Sarah is quiet and watchful and she's a Queen-slayer.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I've noticed that,  but I just think it's Sarah's official cop stance.  You know, knees bent like a tennis player, ready to spring to the left or right and arms out, ready for that lightning fast gun draw. Or it could just be they get used to their arms hanging six inches from their sides to allow for all the crap they hang on their belts. 

I've decided to root for Sarah.  In her bio she says things like, "I'm not lazy or stupid,"  Rather than the usual, "I'm going to win because I'm awesome and  brilliant and everyone who ever met me adores me."  Sarah is quiet and watchful and she's a Queen-slayer.

I'd rather have Sarah patrolling my neighborhood with quiet confidence than Tony, with his "lalalalalalala look at me running away looking for all the idols and digging a Spy Shack lalalalala!" crazy hair-trigger personality.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don't think that had anything to do with her downfall. They didn't vote her out because of her lack of loyalty, they voted her out because she's brilliant at this game. No matter what her strategy was, they still would have voted her out.

Oh, totally agreed.  I just meant that in this context they knew that Sandra was not ever going to be a real member of whatever alliance she was talking about, her well known "anyone but me" meant that there was no way she'd be loyal to this--or any--ad hoc alliance she was trying to form.  So they stuck to their plan, and voted out the most dangerous person in the game.

15 hours ago, double-elvis said:

Judging by her facial expressions, Sarah seems to have no clue what's going on. She constantly looks befuddled to me. But I agree, she's trying to play different this time. I just think she will overplay her hand first chance she gets. 

Based on Sarah's last outing, your prediction that she'll overplay her hand seems very likely.  Give her a little power (like being the swing vote last time) and she'll likely implode.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've never been an Ozzy fan, but he was giving me some great faces in this ep. First when Tai was telling Varner they were voting out Sandra and then when Tai was going insane at TC. So hilarious!

Agree on both counts. I have always found Ozzy mostly underwhelming and sometimes even intensely off putting. But when Tai just outed the Sandra vote right there in front of Varner, his dafuq face was glorious!

1 hour ago, Sugar said:

Also, even though I think Cochran's an overrated dork, I admire him for not making a face or recoiling when Debbie lunged at him and wouldn't let go. She must have smelled pretty terrible by that point.

He did say he was going to burn his clothes, though, which I loved. 

• Love 15

I'm an Ozzy fan.  I loved Cook Islands and the Atui four so much.  So while I don't think he'll win, I'm enjoying every moment with him swimming somewhere.  And please someone, somewhere get Tai off of my screen.  I was so happy when he was finally voted off his season and I find watching him this season excrutiating.  He's annoying, a horrible player and it feels like idols are just raining down on him.  

Now I have the urge to watch Cook Islands again, still one of my fave seasons.  Yul, Jonathan, the mutiny, and the fabulous winning streak by the Atui 4. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Brynnjk said:

And please someone, somewhere get Tai off of my screen.  I was so happy when he was finally voted off his season

He wasn't voted off in his original season. He was in F3 with Michelle and Aubry.

• Love 5
Just now, fishcakes said:

He wasn't voted off in his original season. He was in F3 with Michelle and Aubry.

Ah, I stand corrected.  TBH I think I had stopped watching that season at some point.  I really dislike him as a Survivor player.   He may be a delightful person in real life but I don't enjoy watching him on TV.

• Love 2

So sad here.  I feel like someone has died.  Sandra, it was too soon!  :p  She went out like a boss, though.  Fighting til her last breath, but not desperate, and her parting words were fantastic.   Whoever said they had to tie themselves to the masts to resist her siren call had it about right.  You could see Ozzy sitting up straight and tense, practically willing himself and everyone else to "stick with the plan."

Good things:

When Cochran said he was going to have to burn his clothes.  Yeah, and I'm going to have to burn my eyeballs after that eternal embrace.

Jeff Varner is really handsome.  In an old-Hollywood kind of way. For some reason I'm just noticing it. 

"I had a pony!  We all had pony.  My sister had pony, my cousin had pony.  So, what's wrong with that?!" (said Debbie-Manya)

Bad things:

I want to like Zeke but he bugs.  He overacted at TC.  And as a New Yorker, I really hate it that when asked where he's from,  instead of saying "New York,"  and then clarifying if necessary, he said "Brooklyn."  Hipster, get over yourself. Nobody outside of the metro area cares where in the five boroughs you live.

Debbie should have taken the IC advantage.  What better way to ingratiate yourself to your new tribe?  And, as others have pointed out, the extra vote is a big dog. 

Sandra.  Sigh.

Tai and that close up shot of his crotch idol.  Producers, really?

• Love 9
8 hours ago, RescueMom said:

Did EI yacht have a name? They missed an opportunity by not christening her The Sugar Shack, at least for her time on the show.

Did you not catch that the name of the boat was "Exile"?  I guess so contestants could say they were "stuck on Exile" and be stating 100% truth.  :>

• Love 4

While it's nice to think production rigged it for Debbie to have a relaxing day to figure out if she was bonkers or not.... can't happen when you are picking random packs out of a tray and they all look alike. If there's one thing I know about this show, it's not rigged. It might seem that way sometimes, especially with Tai and his 2 idols, but he was smart to think about the other camp's well. 

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sugar said:

"I don't need a boat, Jeff - I'll swim there myself. I swam the English Channel when I was 9, and I won a bronze in the 100m backstroke back in Sydney. ".

Oh come on!  Debbie would never ever make up something like that. Her style would be much closer to ...

"I swam the English Channel when I was 9 but due to bad weather, I drowned and was clinically dead for two weeks. During that time I went to Heaven and met God and his only son Jesus. They were so happy to see me and begged me to stay. But I told them I had bigger and better things to do back on earth. They just don't understand how much I am needed down here. But I spent a few hours trying to explain it to them. But sadly, they just were never able to figure it out.

They begged and pleaded but I told them, "Dudes! There are presidents and prime ministers and Kings and Queens waiting for me. They need my help and I just the need not to deprive them of my vast knowledge and supreme know-how.

I agreed to stay for two weeks and during that time, they taught me how to perform miracles and how to do that multiplication trick with the loaves and fishes."

"Anyone care for some fish? It's real fresh. Not at all fishy.  I can just walk on top of the water here and go grab a few for you."

Edited by MissBluxom
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Tai, Tai, Tai...  That was brilliant, really brilliant to infer that there was a corresponding hidden immunity idol at the new camp, in exactly the spot you found yours at the old camp.  Well, actually, that part was predictable.  What was brilliant was you destroying the plank of wood with the tribe symbol on it and burying it in the jungle, and leaving the clue out there telling the finder to splash water on wood to find the idol.   I cannot wait to see someone running around like a loon splashing water everywhere in increasing desperation...  Now, I am less optimistic about you using your two idols wisely and well.  I figure you have about the same chances of doing that as Debbie has using her extra vote properly...

Even better would be if someone finds the clue and runs around for a few hours splashing water everywhere but then gets really really angry and decides someone must have .... and so they go search Tai's bag and steal his idols.  I don't think it's ever a good idea to plant little traps to enrage the other players. Why do that? It can only hurt you in the end.

Maybe i went into a sugar-coma at TC time but I'm finding them a little confusing lately.  

I was sure Sandra was going to rip Tai--tales of flipping and big mouths or whatever. She didn't.   Then  Tai himself  exposes what a liability he is --and even calls out/.actually *whispers!*..to Sandra and Varner..and then to all.. Ozzy's name.!  

Now no one will convince me that they left some sort of blindside narrative in Tai's hands to put out there.  he is too addle-brained to keep anything straight like that.   So he appears to collude with Varner and Sandra..then full-on calls out Ozzy................................but somehow he doesn't think he needs to play an idol after that and he doesn't.   And they indeed vote Sandra.  

I'm assuming TC went on for awhile and the editing is getting sloppier and less cohesive. Unless I missed something it made little sense to me. I am open to whatever I mighta missed in that if someone can make sense of it for me.

And by the way Tai just annoys the hell out of me anyway.

• Love 4
(edited)

I mean, I like Tai so I'm always going to root for him, but I DO think it's more interesting when he's on because he's one player who doesn't play the game 'right' or the way you're supposed to. It's hysterical to me.  He's totally uncontrollable.  If he wasn't "in" on anything or if he wasn't playacting whatsoever last episode, wooo boy.  He is the loosest of cannons.  

I can't imagine a cast of like, 18 Andreas.  I'm sure a lot of people would like it but I wouldn't.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Did you not catch that the name of the boat was "Exile"?  I guess so contestants could say they were "stuck on Exile" and be stating 100% truth.  :>

I did miss that - thank you!! 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Yeah.  Seasoned players like this were on to her methods.  Newbies would probably have fallen for it again.

2 hours ago, Brynnjk said:

ge to watch Cook Islands again, still one of my fave seasons.  Yul, Jonathan, the mutiny, and the fabulous winning streak by

My favorite.  The little team that could.  (Sorry about the abbreviated quote, Brynn.  Stupid iPad.)

Funny, I have no memory of Michelle, can't picture her at all, but I finally remembered Sarah and if course Tai.

Edited by Haleth