Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Guests: They Stir and Chop

Yes, that's Gordon Elliott who does the voice overs on The Chew. Paula Deen is his gift to the world [/snark].

I think what we see of Paula these days is the real her - crass. Her subdued self on her early shows seems to have been a character she was playing. I keep wondering if Gordon keeps bringing her back here because she's got dirt him. :)

• Love 2

I think what we see of Paula these days is the real her - crass. Her subdued self on her early shows seems to have been a character she was playing. I keep wondering if Gordon keeps bringing her back here because she's got dirt him. :)

Agree with both of these. I refuse to watch Paula so I fast forwarded through the last half of the show, just as I refuse to watch Jenny McCarthy and buzzed through her segment. Are you listening, Gordon?

• Love 3

I have never seen Jillian Michaels before but she was annoying as fuck.

She annoys me too. I took a peek at a clip online and was surprised to see she a actually wore a top that didn't expose her stomach.

• Love 1

Really? Not even in ads? Wow.

I have a dvr. I know in theory who she is because I have heard her name and seen print ads but I have literally never seen her speak before.

Edited by biakbiak

Good grief. Was Katie Holmes sedated? No seriously.

I did love the idea of her and Suri taking cooking classes together. It was super adorable, but yeah she was a little... off. I wouldn't say sedated though. She had a lot of energy when she guzzled the olive oil directly from the bottle.

• Love 1

Now having watched it I think she was having so much trouble balancing on those insanely high heels and working with a knife that trying to keep up with Mario's verbal torrent was simply beyond her.  Most guests just pretend to make a couple of slices and then abandon food prep in favor of conversation.  She seemed to think she genuinely needed to cook on camera.

Edited by Qoass

I am just catching up and this may be a random question. Does anyone happen to know the manufacturer of the top Loretta Devine was wearing on her recent episode? I covet it.

(edited)

OMG I am pretty sure I hate Stephen A. Smith as a guest as much as Clinton hated Jamie Lee Curtis. I found him crazy annoying and I frequently watch him and have no issues but I seriously could not wait for the segment to end, truth be told I fast forwarded at least half.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

OMG I am pretty sure I hate Stephen A. Smith as a guest as much as Clinton hated Jamie Lee Curtis. I found him crazy annoying and I frequently watch him and have no issues but I seriously could not wait for the segment to end, truth be told I fast forwarded at least half.

I agree completely!

The Chew is one of those shows I watch while I  do other things.  Not because I don't like it, but it's great background noise.  I'll sit and watch if there is a guest I like or the hosts start cracking me up and of course if they are cooking something that I'm interested in.  So I rarely ff the Chew but holy hell,  Stephen A Smith  actually made me stop and say to myself what the hell is this guy's deal  and I fast forwarded through the rest of his segment. He was beyond annoying! 

I don't really know much about him. I have seen him on sports shows but I had no opinion about him, before watching him on The Chew. . 

On 6/4/2016 at 7:41 AM, imjagain said:

I agree completely!

The Chew is one of those shows I watch while I  do other things.  Not because I don't like it, but it's great background noise.  I'll sit and watch if there is a guest I like or the hosts start cracking me up and of course if they are cooking something that I'm interested in.  So I rarely ff the Chew but holy hell,  Stephen A Smith  actually made me stop and say to myself what the hell is this guy's deal  and I fast forwarded through the rest of his segment. He was beyond annoying! 

I don't really know much about him. I have seen him on sports shows but I had no opinion about him, before watching him on The Chew. . 

Seriously. I wanted to smack him; the lasagna didn't look like anything special and man oh man was he a sexist pig. Making your date watch while you cook? Get over yourself.

I know a lot of people can't stand Katie Lee but I have never minded her and I appreciated that when Michael kept talking about how much she eats and how tiny she is, she made sure to mention that she has to workout a lot and wasn't one of those people who just giggle and say they can eat whatever the want.

• Love 1

I was shocked at how well Katie Lee came off in that segment.  I can't believe I'm saying this but if Daphne needs to step away now and again, KL may be a good alternative "young one".

Maybe perfectly nice, capable people turn into annoying fools just by being on The Kitchen.  Or The View.

• Love 1