Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Inseparable

Didn't Romero dump a few bodies in the lake? White Pine Bay PD is going to be busy pulling all of the bodies from the lake.

Hopefully someone retrieves Norma's body from the woods. It would be a shame to leave her out there.

• Love 4

Twist after twist!  First the Sam-instead-of-Marion shower scene, and now we find Dr. Edwards was a hallucination, and Norman turned himself in.  My head is kind of spinning (in a good way), and can’t wait to see what they deliver for us in the next 3 episodes. 

I knew Mother was going to try to kill Dylan from the second Norman saw her standing behind him, so I was holding my breath every time Dylan was on screen.  Thankfully Norman’s personality was able to overcome Mother’s (this time). 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Stringey said:

Okay when I think about this deeper I think Mother was just buttering Dylan up with those kind words but did not mean them.

I think Mother is still in part Norman and I think if you want to think she was buttering him up or not, it was Norman who was proud and that crossed into evil Norma.  

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Like I said, it's not something I want to happen but Romero is so single-minded in this revenge against Norman that I can very well see him accidentally killing Dylan who will never silently stand by and just let Romero kill his brother. I know that some want Norman murdered as his just comeuppance and maybe he will be. But considering what show this is, I just wouldn't be surprised if that's not the ending we get. 

After this season I have to assume whatever we think is going to happen, won't. Any chance that Dylan could take out Romero?  Dylan is a hard ass woobie that I think took out Romero's Deputy in the first season. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I certainly don't want Dylan to die but YMMV, I think Dylan dying saving Norman would be very much in character for him, as tragic as it may be. And it has nothing to do with them taking his spunk away. As the other poster noted, very early after he showed up, the writers made it clear that Dylan really cared about Norman and thought Norma was the problem as a parent. And I wonder if on some level he still doesn't believe that she failed and her actions helped cause Norman to get as bad as he is.

Like I said, it's not something I want to happen but Romero is so single-minded in this revenge against Norman that I can very well see him accidentally killing Dylan who will never silently stand by and just let Romero kill his brother. I know that some want Norman murdered as his just comeuppance and maybe he will be. But considering what show this is, I just wouldn't be surprised if that's not the ending we get. 

I think there will be a showdown with Romero.  But, I don't think Alex will kill either one of them.  I really think Alex will die.

13 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Another brilliant episode - I was so scared for Dylan- it's one of the things that amazes me about this show - that I actually feel fear for a television character.  The cast brings it...week after week after week.   And I can't say enough about Highmore - Emmy  - Emmy - Emmy!!!!

Glad to hear that everyone else is surprised the Doctor is missing - I thought I must have missed something. 

I said it last week and I'll say it again -  I have no clue where the writers are taking us but I'm loving the ride!

Loved when Norma asked Norman if he knew where the well was and he said something to the effect of he doesn't walk around thinking about places to hide bodies.  I like the little comedic touches and the wonderful chemistry between  Highmore and Vera.

I liked it when she said if she had a quarter, she would have made a wish. Also, when she showed up to clean the room in her maid's outfit.  That cracked me up.  And then she liked her finger and wiped a spot of blood off Norman's face (which was covered in red).  

The show has a quirky, dark humor that has always tickled me.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm also concerned that Dylan would take a bullet for him. 

I was surprised by the reveal about the doctor. I was waiting for "mother" to attack Dylan, but it still made me jump when it actually happened. I'm not shocked that Norman turned himself in: he's become more horrified with each episode, with what's finally becoming clear to him, and he almost killed his brother. 

The woman playing the sheriff, reminds me too much of an evil teacher I had in high school. It's off-putting, but not the actress' fault. I also think that she's been on to Norman for a while. I missed why they were dredging the lake - was it to look for that guy's car?

I think they were looking for sunken golf balls, weren't they?  J/K, they were looking for him and his car.  

That sheriff is like  a dog with a bone.  She knows there's something fishy about Norman and that he's lying.  (Seriously, goldfish know he's lying.  He's really bad at it.)  

Sorry about the bad memories.  Once we out to dinner and the waitress reminded me of a horrible baby sitter I had for about a week when I was little.  I was so terrified I could barely order.  My son finally had to handle it.  It was embarrassing, but really frightening at the same time.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't know if we have covered this before, but she was Catherine Martin (the girl in the pit) in Silence of the Lambs.

I remember - she was on Grey's Anatomy, too. It's just her tone, and the forbidding look, the calm - the "I know what you did" look, even if you've done nothing wrong. Between that, and watching "13 Reasons Why" I've been having too many school flashbacks. 

• Love 2

Lately I've had the tv on ID a good bit because when I have some place I have to be at a certain time, I tend to keep the tv on to remind me not to get too comfortable at home.

Anyway, I've come to believe that's how cops are.  It seems like they bully all the suspects they interview.  I don't know whether it's just because they are only show selected interviews or they really do that. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

As usual, the show still finds ways to have hilarious dark humor in it.  Norma's casual reaction to cleaning up Sam's body was hilarious, and even Norman hiding Norma's actual corpse was strangely hilarious and creepy at the same time.

"Go change over there, I won't look." I was *dying*. Especially now that I you all saying Freddie wrote that. 

11 hours ago, smorbie said:

It was creepy the way his body telegraphed the change from Norman to Mother.

That brought out a huge "uh oh!" from me. 

As soon as they showed Dylan parked at the motel, I was like, "turn around!!! Run!" 

I had no idea the Doctor was an hallucination! I wasn't tipped off at all!

It did look like Dylan put 2 and 2 together when Mother rolled around, but was like wtf? for too long and got clocked. 

I really wasn't going to buy Norman going to jail because he's gotten the drop on everyone throughout the whole series. This was really the only way. I actually don't think they'll be able to pin the murder on him even with the confession and he'll walk. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I was convinced that the dinner Mother told Norman to prepare for Dylan would be laced with strychnine.  Ugly way to die.

I thought so too. At this point I wouldn't put anything past Mother. I was alternately screaming at the TV to Dylan, Don't eat anything! and Run!

• Love 2

The suspense and action picks up, as in this seventh episode of the season, we find out a surprising truth and two narrowly missed trouble situations for a main character.

First, we find out that the police are starting to pick up on Norman's trail for the Jim Blackwell murder that Mother committed to save him. They found his body in that lake and it was only going to be a matter of time before they found out more details. Didn't Norman wrap him in a motel shower curtain?

With the Sheriff saying they found multiple bodies, I wonder who else they found? Norman and Norma dumped Keith Summers in the lake in Season 1 and Romero along with his police team later found Keith's hand in a fishing net. Romero dumped Jake Abernathy around that area too, I believe. With Bob Paris, I think he went further out where the lake gets deeper so he could sink Bob's boat along with his body. Norman dumped Bradley in the lake, putting her body in the trunk of her car before sinking it. Those are all the people I know of who have been dumped in that lake, though another candidate came up after finding out a surprising truth in this episode.

Dylan makes it to White Pine Bay and sees that Norman is not well at all. Personally, he gets my vote for Brother of the Year. Despite everything, he wants Norman to get better and be ok and is willing to try and help however he can. It almost got him killed by Mother, but Norman was able to control and defeat her to prevent that (YES!). Then he turns himself in to prevent possible future bad things.

I saw the preview for next week where Dylan says to somebody (probably the authorities) that Norman isn't a criminal, just crazy. I think he's gonna try to get Norman switched over from jail to an institution. I've always said that the authorities wouldn't put Norman in jail and would sentence him to an institution if they knew all the details about his history and mental illness.

Bates Motel finally managed to creep me out this season in a way I didn't expect. When Dylan picked up a refill prescription for Norman at the pharmacy, he finds out from the girl behind the counter that Dr. Edwards has been missing for over a year! WHAT THE ACTUAL BLAZES?! That means Norman was hallucinating Dr. Edwards a couple of episodes ago?! SHIT! I forgot that it was possible for him to hallucinate people besides Norma, but the only other time it happened was when he hallucinated Miss Watson in the Season 3 premiere. Besides, I never suspected that Dr. Edwards in the cafe was a hallucination, because he was bringing up complicated subjects that were hard for Norman to talk about (I'm guessing this represents his realization that he really isn't well and needs help). Thanks to this surprising truth, I now look really dumb for what I wrote in the 5x05 discussion thread about Dr. Edwards still being alive... but in all fairness, everyone else I've seen comment on this didn't expect it coming, either! I now suspect that Norman killed him during an out-patient visit when he mentioned something that triggered Mother too much.

*catches breath* Okay, now I'm ready for the next episode.

• Love 3

Oh and Emma's mom was never found either, right? I know they made it look like she could be in Bob's hole, but it was never confirmed. So maybe she's one of the bodies in the lake, and that gets Emma to come back just in time for the final showdown.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2017 at 0:12 AM, thuganomics85 said:

As usual, the show still finds ways to have hilarious dark humor in it.  Norma's casual reaction to cleaning up Sam's body was hilarious, and even Norman hiding Norma's actual corpse was strangely hilarious and creepy at the same time.

That is one of my favorite things about this show.  They manage to insert a bit of dark comedy into it, while still being creepy without crossing the line into campy.  I would have to give most of the credit for this to Vera.  She pulls off the best casual remarks that you can’t help but crack up at. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I will be very surprised if Romero accidentally shoots Dylan. I don't think Romero is that bad of a shot for one, 

I certainly wasn't implying that Romero would aim for Norman and accidentally kill Dylan. We've seen him with a gun but there's no guarantee that is how things will come to a head. There are many ways that a person can get caught in the crossfire when someone is trying to kill another person. 

and two, it would serve no purpose other than tragic shock value.  

This show has been a tragedy from the beginning and many have speculated about Dylan being killed somehow. Hell some used to speculate about it in in earlier seasons, especially with all his illegal activities. I don't think him dying in such a way would just be for tragic shock value on this show where essentially the story has been a tragedy but YMMV. 

Plus there's a difference between really caring about your half-brother and loving your wife and daughter enough to have a healthy sense of self preservation. 

I'm certainly not suggesting Dylan would intentionally get himself killed to save Norman.

Dylan dying to protect Norman would be quite a fail in terms of characterization.  

YMMV but I don't see how that would be a fail in terms of characterization. Whose characterization - Dylan's? Dylan who went on an illegal job to get money for Emma's surgery before they were even fully dating that in the end did almost get him killed? Dylan has been shown to be fiercely protective of the people he loves for many seasons now. That has very much been a significant part of his character.

Plus after what Dylan saw with Norman fighting "Norma," Mother trying to kill him, and Norman admitting he killed Sam Loomis, I would hope Dylan is smart enough to know that Norman is too far gone for anything he could possibly do at this point.  

Yes, which is why he wants to get Norman psychiatric help, not have him be murdered. 

Just to make it very clear again, I would be more than happy for the series to end with Dylan back in Seattle happily with Emma and his baby and there being a sense of hope at the end. That maybe the tragic story of the Bates family will finally end and Dylan would be the one to break the cycle. 

That said, so far this season, the writers have flipped a number of things on its head and not gone the way viewers necessarily expected. The most obvious of course being Sam's murder. Everyone had been waiting for the moment that Norman killed Marion and instead they had her live and had Norman kill Sam. Similarly, many have been worried that Dylan might end up being killed by Norman, since we all knew he would return to White Pine Bay at some point. 

And I am just suggesting that because so many assume that would be the way it would go if he dies, that the opposite may be the case. We know a showdown with Romero has to happen at some point. I cannot imagine the season will end with Romero trying to get to Norman and it never happening. And there's clearly a narrative that Romero is single-minded and undeterred in his determination to kill Norman. This episode saw the woman trying to get to him and not wanting to give him his gun. I think it is more than possible for something really tragic to come out of those circumstances.

Hell, all that said, it could end up being Dylan who kills Romero in trying to protect Norman. And of course, none of that may happen at all. But as I've said, this show is clearly a tragedy and so at this point I'm ready for anything. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

I thought so too. At this point I wouldn't put anything past Mother. I was alternately screaming at the TV to Dylan, Don't eat anything! and Run!

When Norman sat down and began to serve the food, he was making nummy noises.  Norma used to do that, and it never failed to make me laugh.

I've been cooking for myself since the invention of the fire, and though I can cook delicious food, I've never made nummy noises.

First, we find out that the police are starting to pick up on Norman's trail for the Jim Blackwell murder that Mother committed to save him. They found his body in that lake and it was only going to be a matter of time before they found out more details. Didn't Norman wrap him in a motel shower curtain?

That is an EXCELLENT point.  He did.  And remember back to the first episode when Norman went to buy three tiny cans of paint to use to paint the entire motel?  Madeline told him the shower curtains he ordered were in, and they talked about how the motel went through a lot of them.

Then in this episode, he told his mother to go hang the new shower curtain while he hid her body in the woods.

BTW, did he really leave her out in the elements covered only with a blanket?  It didn't look like she was lowered into a grave.  It appeared as though he had just dug a shallow indentation in the ground and sort of displayed her there.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I certainly wasn't implying that Romero would aim for Norman and accidentally kill Dylan. We've seen him with a gun but there's no guarantee that is how things will come to a head. There are many ways that a person can get caught in the crossfire when someone is trying to kill another person. 

This show has been a tragedy from the beginning and many have speculated about Dylan being killed somehow. Hell some used to speculate about it in in earlier seasons, especially with all his illegal activities. I don't think him dying in such a way would just be for tragic shock value on this show where essentially the story has been a tragedy but YMMV. 

I'm certainly not suggesting Dylan would intentionally get himself killed to save Norman.

YMMV but I don't see how that would be a fail in terms of characterization. Whose characterization - Dylan's? Dylan who went on an illegal job to get money for Emma's surgery before they were even fully dating that in the end did almost get him killed? Dylan has been shown to be fiercely protective of the people he loves for many seasons now. That has very much been a significant part of his character.

Yes, which is why he wants to get Norman psychiatric help, not have him be murdered. 

Just to make it very clear again, I would be more than happy for the series to end with Dylan back in Seattle happily with Emma and his baby and there being a sense of hope at the end. That maybe the tragic story of the Bates family will finally end and Dylan would be the one to break the cycle. 

That said, so far this season, the writers have flipped a number of things on its head and not gone the way viewers necessarily expected. The most obvious of course being Sam's murder. Everyone had been waiting for the moment that Norman killed Marion and instead they had her live and had Norman kill Sam. Similarly, many have been worried that Dylan might end up being killed by Norman, since we all knew he would return to White Pine Bay at some point. 

And I am just suggesting that because so many assume that would be the way it would go if he dies, that the opposite may be the case. We know a showdown with Romero has to happen at some point. I cannot imagine the season will end with Romero trying to get to Norman and it never happening. And there's clearly a narrative that Romero is single-minded and undeterred in his determination to kill Norman. This episode saw the woman trying to get to him and not wanting to give him his gun. I think it is more than possible for something really tragic to come out of those circumstances.

Hell, all that said, it could end up being Dylan who kills Romero in trying to protect Norman. And of course, none of that may happen at all. But as I've said, this show is clearly a tragedy and so at this point I'm ready for anything. 

Or Dylan could kill Norman because Mother is trying to kill him.  

Almost anything could happen at this point.  And the beauty of it is, we will not know until it happens.

It will make perfect sense, and it will be tragic because this story really is a tragedy.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, smorbie said:

Lately I've had the tv on ID a good bit because when I have some place I have to be at a certain time, I tend to keep the tv on to remind me not to get too comfortable at home.

Anyway, I've come to believe that's how cops are.  It seems like they bully all the suspects they interview.  I don't know whether it's just because they are only show selected interviews or they really do that. 

Please don't believe that even the "documentaries" on ID are a reflection of actual police work.  They are a form of reality TV--there's some scripting and reshooting and severe editing to make it entertainment.  It's like watching any other TV show and thinking it is an accurate reflection of reality.  You would hardly want to use Bates Motel as a primer for family values!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, smorbie said:

Or Dylan could kill Norman because Mother is trying to kill him.  

Almost anything could happen at this point.  And the beauty of it is, we will not know until it happens.

It will make perfect sense, and it will be tragic because this story really is a tragedy.

That too. And she's already tried to kill him once.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

"Go change over there, I won't look." I was *dying*. Especially now that I you all saying Freddie wrote that. 

That brought out a huge "uh oh!" from me. 

As soon as they showed Dylan parked at the motel, I was like, "turn around!!! Run!" 

I had no idea the Doctor was an hallucination! I wasn't tipped off at all!

It did look like Dylan put 2 and 2 together when Mother rolled around, but was like wtf? for too long and got clocked. 

I really wasn't going to buy Norman going to jail because he's gotten the drop on everyone throughout the whole series. This was really the only way. I actually don't think they'll be able to pin the murder on him even with the confession and he'll walk. 

My husband and I both said "uh oh" at the same time when Norman (as Mother) said "I just want to talk to him Norman."

11 hours ago, Stringey said:

Somehow that fancy meal looked sinister. I could not tell what some of that stuff was on plates. Hell that would be the perfect meal to be laced.

I saw what looked like a giant piece of garlic bread and maybe broccoli? I couldn't tell what anything else was.

55 minutes ago, smorbie said:

That was one huge honkin piece of garlic bread, wasn't it? If I'm remembering correctly, there was another one, not quite so big there, too.

I was going to reply too that it seemed like a huge piece of garlic bread.  I think that is why i thought it must not really be bread when I was watching but something else.  I only noticed the big one. Going off topic but the best thing that goes with garlic bread is spaghetti. Yum.

8 hours ago, smorbie said:

When Norman sat down and began to serve the food, he was making nummy noises.  Norma used to do that, and it never failed to make me laugh.

I've been cooking for myself since the invention of the fire, and though I can cook delicious food, I've never made nummy noises.

That is an EXCELLENT point.  He did.  And remember back to the first episode when Norman went to buy three tiny cans of paint to use to paint the entire motel?  Madeline told him the shower curtains he ordered were in, and they talked about how the motel went through a lot of them.

Then in this episode, he told his mother to go hang the new shower curtain while he hid her body in the woods.

BTW, did he really leave her out in the elements covered only with a blanket?  It didn't look like she was lowered into a grave.  It appeared as though he had just dug a shallow indentation in the ground and sort of displayed her there.

His plan was to bring her back home at some point.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

That's what I thought, too.  But the sheriff and her team were crawling over all the place, not to mention I'm certain hunters were probably stalking animals in that area.  She's probably going to be found.

That said, I thought his covering her up with a blanket was sweet.

• Love 3
Just now, smorbie said:

That's what I thought, too.  But the sheriff and her team were crawling over all the place, not to mention I'm certain hunters were probably stalking animals in that area.  She's probably going to be found.

I hope the animals don't get to her first.

• Love 3
Just now, smorbie said:

I don't and I feel dumb.  Can someone enlighten me if it's not an inside joke or something?

It's a quote from the movie:

"Noman Bates poisoned his mother and this guy she'd been seeing. Strychnine, an ugly way to die"

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

A lot of things happened that Norman didn't expect.   For one Dylan showed up.    I think Norman expected the police to question him and maybe search the house.  Getting rid of the dead body in the basement was actually a realively smart move.  i dont think he intended to keep Norma out there very long.  Then Dylan shows up and well....... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, smorbie said:

That's funny, that scene, when it went up to a crane shot, had me thinking "That is the creepiest thing I have seen since...last week."

I've been watching Bates on a double-bill with The Americans the last two weeks because I've been enjoying Breaking Bad* mini-marathons over on AMC Monday nights, and nothing against The Americans, but Bates is literally jaw-droppingly good. The last act consistently has me with my mouth agape, hardly believing what I'm seeing. The subtle shift in Freddie's body language mentioned above when Mother took over was amazing. And kudos on the teleplay credit, really well done.

(*Three of the best shows on television, right there, thank you!)

Kept trying to figure out what was on the dinner plates. Caught the garlic bread and thought I saw some apples and some other random fruit or vegetable...whatever was on the plates was yellow and green but I couldn't connect the shape to anything.

My DVR cut off during the previews with a beautiful long shot at night that had the motel rooms to the right of frame, looking up the parking lot to the Bates Motel sign in the distance. It was so gorgeously composed that I lingered on it for a while. Once again struck by how good the cinematography is on this show.

• Love 2

This show is truly creepy, and truly sweet, and truly heartbreaking, and truly funny.  It's just brilliant.

I'm also quite fond of the colors.  They use color better than any other show I watch right now.

The long shot culminated with Romero walking up to the motel.  I don't think that's a spoiler since it was in the previews. If it did spoil you, I'm honestly sorry.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, smorbie said:

This show is truly creepy, and truly sweet, and truly heartbreaking, and truly funny.  It's just brilliant.

I'm also quite fond of the colors.  They use color better than any other show I watch right now.

The long shot culminated with Romero walking up to the motel.  I don't think that's a spoiler since it was in the previews. If it did spoil you, I'm honestly sorry.

The suspense is killing me. If Norman turned himself in won't he be in jail now? I'm trying to figure this out. We know the sheriff...suspects him. So I doubt she'd just let him go home. What's going to happen? I can't stand it.

• Love 1

I know.  Me, too.  We just have to remind ourselves that the show is going away and we should stretch it out so it lasts as long as possible.

It's hard, but I'm trying.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, smorbie said:

I think it's a battle for control.  And I think Norma will win.

I agree with this.  In the beginning of the episode Mother asks Norman to let her take over "just for a little while" and he says no.  She wanted to come out and talk to Dylan too.  Pretty soon she's not going to ask at all and Norman will be completely lost.

Dylan and Norman broke my heart little, with Dylan telling Norman he shouldn't be alone in the house anymore, that Dylan wants to help; then the change to Norma and yes, Max Thieriot's expression was priceless.   Yet that was sad too (even though you knew Norma was going to clock him) because Dylan must have been thinking "WTF, What do I do, Is this for real, OMGWTFBBQ, stay calm"  and what does one do in that situation?  I have no idea.

Great twist that Dr. Edwards has been missing!  Never saw that coming, or Norman turning himself in.  This show is great at the unexpected.

I like the sheriff, she asks just the right questions to make Norman jumpy.  He's a terrible liar anyway.  If Mother shows up, that's a different story.

Norman turns himself in, the sheriff is already suspicious, they found one body; how can he get out of that mess?  Have no idea where this is all going. 

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, peacheslatour said:

Also Crossing Jordan. I loved Crossing Jordan.

I did too!

I'm with Anela, why were they dragging the lake? In the middle of the night?

• Love 2
On 4/4/2017 at 11:31 PM, Virtual Side said:

Dylan makes it to White Pine Bay and sees that Norman is not well at all. Personally, he gets my vote for Brother of the Year. Despite everything, he wants Norman to get better and be ok and is willing to try and help however he can. It almost got him killed by Mother, but Norman was able to control and defeat her to prevent that (YES!). Then he turns himself in to prevent possible future bad things.

He might be Brother of the Year, but I wished he'd taken a page from David Kaczynski's playbook. Sure, Norman turned himself in at the end of this episode; but if Dylan seriously suspected his brother was a serial killer, then he needed to stop futzing around and contact the authorities immediately. I can't help but think that the deaths of Dr. Edwards (possibly?) and Sam Loomis were entirely preventable, if only Dylan had gotten in touch with anyone two years ago. 

• Love 2

I don't think Dylan thought Norman was a serial killer, just that he has some violence, and was possibly involved with the death of Emma's mom, whom he doesn't 100% know if she is dead.  If he knew for sure Norman killed someone, or definitely more than one someone, I think he would have done more sooner.  It's a case of him not having the same information as the audience, I think.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, smorbie said:

I know.  Me, too.  We just have to remind ourselves that the show is going away and we should stretch it out so it lasts as long as possible.

It's hard, but I'm trying.

On one hand, I can hardly wait for the next episode to see what happens next but on the other hand, I don't want the show to end. It's so eerily, creepily, touchingly good. 

• Love 5

It's bittersweet wanting to watch the next episode and counting down the days but knowing there will only be 2 episodes left. This really is a well written show. It is so unpredictable, even knowing about Norman Bates from the movies and still being surprised at the twists in this show. 

I do hope Dylan and his little family survive. I was expecting him to die in this episode. I thought the dinner Norman made was poisoned. The way Norman turned around as mother was so creepy.

• Love 6

I don't want the show to finish, but I'm also glad that it's finishing when it's still so good. I'm "meh" over several shows that used to be a favourite, because they get so silly, or have gone on for so long that they're recycling plot lines, and even the actors seem bored. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

On one hand, I can hardly wait for the next episode to see what happens next but on the other hand, I don't want the show to end. It's so eerily, creepily, touchingly good. 

It is absolutely brilliant, isn't it?  And as much as I love it, I'm glad it's bowing out before it gets old.  That was one of the great things about BB.  It told its story and then ended.  So many shows try to hang on past their natural expiration date and lose whatever spark they had.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Ailianna said:

If he knew for sure Norman killed someone, or definitely more than one someone, I think he would have done more sooner.  It's a case of him not having the same information as the audience, I think.

While that's true that Dylan didn't have all of the information, he had a pretty good instinct about Emma's mom, pretty much confirmed by Norma when she asked for the earring back.  There was definitely enough to get an investigation going but Dylan chose to leave.  Dylan knew Norman was violent and mentally unstable.

I'm not blaming Dylan, it is his mother and brother and he was probably hoping he was wrong.  Still, Dylan's not exactly a shrinking violet, he's killed people on the show. 

Now go home to Emma and Katie, Dylan, before something even worse happens to you.

• Love 2

When Dylan saw Madeleine about to go up the steps to the house and could only see the back of her, I wondered if that was Norman in Mother drag until she turned around. The way it was filmed, that must have been the intended effect.

Wouldn’t it be wild if everyone Norman has ever killed becomes one of his personalities? Considering it's this late in the game, we're likely only getting the "he has been dead this whole time!" surprise once. It would get kind of annoying if we have to question the reality of everything.

Norman turning himself in surprised me, too! This works for me, since this show is mainly a story with Norman’s character as the driving force, they can’t have someone else catch him like in Psycho, because that would make the person who catches him the one driving the story. Unlike in the film, we already know what happened, so they can’t do the big reveal scene where we find out Norman’s the killer. So Norman turning himself in is the new surprise to replace the surprise of finding out he was Mother all along.

I am a little bit bummed that we probably won’t get a scene of someone turning Norma around and screaming at the discovery that it’s a dead body. I guess we already sort of got that scene when Caleb found her in the freezer. Plus we already got the “AAAAAH!!! Surprise dead body!!!” scream when Abernathy put Zack’s corpse in Norma’s bed way back in season 1.

That shot of Norma's corpse sitting in the wheelchair in the forest while a slight breeze makes her shawl flutter was super creepy. Something about the way you could only see the back of her just gave me cold chills.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bec said:

When Dylan saw Madeleine about to go up the steps to the house and could only see the back of her, I wondered if that was Norman in Mother drag until she turned around. The way it was filmed, that must have been the intended effect.

Wouldn’t it be wild if everyone Norman has ever killed becomes one of his personalities? Considering it's this late in the game, we're likely only getting the "he has been dead this whole time!" surprise once. It would get kind of annoying if we have to question the reality of everything.

Norman turning himself in surprised me, too! This works for me, since this show is mainly a story with Norman’s character as the driving force, they can’t have someone else catch him like in Psycho, because that would make the person who catches him the one driving the story. Unlike in the film, we already know what happened, so they can’t do the big reveal scene where we find out Norman’s the killer. So Norman turning himself in is the new surprise to replace the surprise of finding out he was Mother all along.

I am a little bit bummed that we probably won’t get a scene of someone turning Norma around and screaming at the discovery that it’s a dead body. I guess we already sort of got that scene when Caleb found her in the freezer. Plus we already got the “AAAAAH!!! Surprise dead body!!!” scream when Abernathy put Zack’s corpse in Norma’s bed way back in season 1.

That shot of Norma's corpse sitting in the wheelchair in the forest while a slight breeze makes her shawl flutter was super creepy. Something about the way you could only see the back of her just gave me cold chills.

Normas corpse sitting in that wheelchair with her shawl was creepy to me but for another reason. Well now it looks as if Norman is himself trying to break away from his illness. However if Norman either can't free himself from mother or get some help and or(by now it looks like this last one listed is highly unlikely) Normas body is not found well then I see where his future could lead. If Norman stayed locked in his sickness he would grow older and in his mind mother would age too.  Basically seeing Normas body in the wheel chair and shawl made me think of 30 years down the line with mother now confined to a wheel chair and having grown not only greyer but much meaner and scarier like mother from the movie. Matter of fact I think I mentioned this as an end ending. Mother controlling him all his life. However this idea is seeming less likely but her body in that wheelchair just made me think of an older scarier mother.

• Love 2

Do you guys remember the scene when caleb is going through the house and what he finds I think in Norman's room. It was a book that I think said The Lost Art of Mummification. Well we know right now Norman does not need to do that because of the good old freezer. I wonder if he added any kind of preservatives to her body and or did he even need to.  The only thing in am familiar with mummification is that you wrap something up in bandages to preserve it.  Obviously the body withers we have seen that in movies but it keeps it from roasting away completely. Since Norman has that book in the first place i assume it applies to Normas body and the possibility that even the freezer will not keep her looking spry  for the rest of Norman's life. So he would maybe have to take the next step in preserving what he can of her body.

• Love 1