Type keyword(s) to search

The Little Couple Returning to TLC for 2017/2018 Season

• Start Topic

A lot of parents think their kids' behavior is funny or adorable and everyone should think the same. But most people don't see whatever behavior as cute. I have an assistant at work that has a 4 year old and she is constantly telling me "the funniest" things her 4 year old did or said and I think to myself "all 4 year olds do that/say that."

• Love 6
On 9/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, lookeyloo said:

I agree, but I think the kids pull away and are not compliant.  And Will seems to weigh more than Jen.  My thoughts were if you lose control of your kids when they are little there is no hope when they are bigger.  That's how I thought of things raising mine.

I think Jen and Bill should ALWAYS have some average-sized nanny (or whatever job title he/she might have) to accompany the family on any trips/excursions.  I'm always concerned that Jen (especially as she's only 3'2") is going to be physically bowled over by Will, in particular.  As he grows, I'm not sure Jen is going to be physically safe around him.  Just normal kid "behavior" is likely to put her in physical jeopardy.  I guess having any assistance for the family might not fit with the producers image of portraying them as "normal" in every way; however, I think they are unnecessarily creating a hazard where none is necessary.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

I think Jen and Bill should ALWAYS have some average-sized nanny (or whatever job title he/she might have) to accompany the family on any trips/excursions.  I'm always concerned that Jen (especially as she's only 3'2") is going to be physically bowled over by Will, in particular.  As he grows, I'm not sure Jen is going to be physically safe around him.  Just normal kid "behavior" is likely to put her in physical jeopardy.  I guess having any assistance for the family might not fit with the producers image of portraying them as "normal" in every way; however, I think they are unnecessarily creating a hazard where none is necessary.

Agree. I am a petite normal size and caution well behaved grandchildren all the time - our joke is “be careful - grandma is fragile!”  But I don’t know how that would work out for them. They do have a challenge to be “normal”. They are normal but their stature seem to be a challenge.  I truly don’t mean any disrespect. 

• Love 5

TLC is well known for not showing all the caregivers on a trip.  I fully expect the Kleins have help with the kids that may not be filmed on all trips.

Edited by Absolom
Making the meaning more clear.
  • Love 13

My parents bought a new house when my sister and I were about Will and Zoe's age.  We did not go house shopping with them.  When they found the right house they told us about it and we drove by it but we never went in until it was ours.  Maybe I am an old grouch but I see no reason for kids that age to go house shopping with their parents, especially when they are as undisciplined as Will and Zoe are.  Their misbehavior is not cute, not entertaining, and disrespectful to the owners of the house they were in.  Will and Zoe are cute kids and I don't expect them to behave perfectly but I expect them to mind their parents and for their parents to actually require them to behave when necessary.  I

• Love 11
5 hours ago, abbey said:

My parents bought a new house when my sister and I were about Will and Zoe's age.  We did not go house shopping with them.  When they found the right house they told us about it and we drove by it but we never went in until it was ours.  Maybe I am an old grouch but I see no reason for kids that age to go house shopping with their parents, especially when they are as undisciplined as Will and Zoe are.  Their misbehavior is not cute, not entertaining, and disrespectful to the owners of the house they were in.  Will and Zoe are cute kids and I don't expect them to behave perfectly but I expect them to mind their parents and for their parents to actually require them to behave when necessary.  I

Totally agree. I don't know if the kids are better behaved in real life, or, this is how they are, and/or the production company gins them up for "drama".  This is scripted reality so we can't know what goes on in their real life.  I wonder how the kids do in school.  My guess is they do fine because they know the rules and the consequences.  At least for now.

• Love 2

The preview clip of the kids running through the closet is ludicrous.  If you take kids into someone's house to look, then hold their hands so they can't run riot.  I agree with the poster above though and just don't take them.  The show needs some drama I guess so we get misbehaved kids and that does the kids a real disservice.

• Love 9

I'm hoping this is faked like House Hunters where the home they toured wasn't up for consideration in the first place and belonged to a friend who was on board with the kids tearing through the rooms like banshees.

However if that's the case, then I wonder why Bill and Jen continue to allow their children to be portrayed in this manner. Surely they read the comments and are well aware most fans think the shtick is wearing thin. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9

On the China Great Wall clip, you see Bill's mother's husband trailing behind Will so they had family help as well as a whole entourage, I'm sure...

Will had complained last season that he was accused by his classmates of acting like a baby...how about Jen/Bill teaching him how to act age appropriate with manners and control instead of acting upon every impulse that comes to him?

• Love 8

The more I think about the kids looking at houses with Bill and Jen, I would bet it was purely for content for the show. I can't imagine why anyone would take little, active kids to go look at houses otherwise. 

23 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

The more I think about the kids looking at houses with Bill and Jen, I would bet it was purely for content for the show. I can't imagine why anyone would take little, active kids to go look at houses otherwise. 

And they didn’t take them the second time. They left the kids with Jen’s Aunt Barbara (who also sat for/with Will on his first trip to Florida with the family.

• Love 1

Are they doing the entire season in like three weeks? My Comcast guide says there are new shows from 7-10 tonight. I can’t watch that much of them in one stretch, plus This is Us is on tonight, lol. Guess I’ll have to do some On Demand this weekend.

The 7:00 episode is a pop-up update on the second episode they aired last week (when Bill went to the trade show). Nothing really to see there. I have about five things to watch between 8-10, some of them live, so to the DVR this goes.

• Love 1
On 2018-10-06 at 12:33 PM, abbey said:

They seem to have enough people with them, leave those kids with Nana and the other one and go house hunting without them.  Hope they don’t ask the kids what they think about the houses.