Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Last-Minute Resistance

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:37 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Playing devil's advocate, I'd guess that Voight has been responsible for covering up a lot of Erin's "oops" moments. But, it has also crossed my mind more than once, would she even have the job she does if it weren't for him? It seems that most/all people in the district know about their relationship, so even if it isn't nepotism in the strictest sense, I would imagine there would have been some comments, if not outright forbidding, from TPTB.

Along those lines, how fair do you think Voight would be if any suspect ever hurt Erin on the job? I'm sure he'd pull a Burgess too, and certainly Crowley & company would have to know that.

Well, sometime in season 1 or 2 Erin was held at knifepoint, and in season 3 she was almost raped, and Voight didn't do anything worse than what he's done to perps before... lol. But if they had been able to go further in either situation, yeah I could maybe see Voight taking it further than we've seen thus far. If Erin was just hurt and didn't die, like Justin, I don't know if he would go so far as to kill whoever did it, but... just my speculation.

6 hours ago, molls said:

Well, sometime in season 1 or 2 Erin was held at knifepoint, and in season 3 she was almost raped, and Voight didn't do anything worse than what he's done to perps before... lol. But if they had been able to go further in either situation, yeah I could maybe see Voight taking it further than we've seen thus far. If Erin was just hurt and didn't die, like Justin, I don't know if he would go so far as to kill whoever did it, but... just my speculation.

Voight didn't need to do anything the time that she was held at knifepoint and almost raped - Jay shot the guy in the head.  So at this point, maybe Voight thinks he can take a step back because he knows that Jay will do the dirty work.