Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/11/2018 at 4:30 PM, LordOfLotion said:

"I fed myself"

I'm sorry, but I cannot let this go. This is an accomplishment for a toddler. She is a toddler.

Pr1gIis.jpg.4cfb147c16c6d2bf6e2944c27868504c.jpg

Also listed in her huge accomplishments that day.." I drank Coffee". Wow she is  really showing us that exceptional work ethic. Next up.." I breathed air.". "I yawned twice".." I farted repeatedly" .." I changed the channel twice",  " I went Boom Boom In the Toidy" etc. This is one ACTION PACKED individual.

Edited by ozzy
Fat
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

It may well be photoshop or similar app - or it could just be angle and lighting. This was an interesting article on the topic and the difference in how she looks in the pictures is pretty amazing. https://www.bustle.com/articles/147097-27-photos-of-my-fat-face-that-prove-camera-angle-is-everything-photos 

When you blow up that Instagram photo, you can see it's not just the angle. Along the line where I've drawn in red, you can see ultra-fine peach fuzz hairs sticking out of her skin, so that the line is much more naturally defined. Now look at the skin next to the blue line. There is no peach fuzz, and frankly, the line is a little rough. I've seen photoshop actions that leave edges like this.

whit3.jpg

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LordOfLotion said:

When you blow up that Instagram photo, you can see it's not just the angle. Along the line where I've drawn in red, you can see ultra-fine peach fuzz hairs sticking out of her skin, so that the line is much more naturally defined. Now look at the skin next to the blue line. There is no peach fuzz, and frankly, the line is a little rough. I've seen photoshop actions that leave edges like this.

whit3.jpg

No wonder your name is "Lord of Lotion", you are truly our leader!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Great dance, I see Twit still has her "never move your feet or legs" rule in place, 

Yes! Her signature move, now that she can no longer perform her signature back roll (since stolen by an irate panda).

• Love 7

I don’t understand the photoshopping or even a position where she tries to look thin.  Someone might have said this already though.

She should be showing the real her in all her glory. Double chins, arm flaps, bat wings, fat ass, chub rub , sausage fingers, thin hair   beard and all( have I forgotten anything?)

Beautiful in every size  ... riiiiiiight.

Maybe it says on her Facebook where she works. Someone must have looked I’m a little behind I’m my snark fest.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Yes! Her signature move, now that she can no longer perform her signature back roll (since stolen by an irate panda).

Well, Kelly Pickler is just dumb enough to believe Twitney is actually dancing.....

• Love 3

So the article in Woman’s Heath says 

Author and TLC's My Big Fat Fabulous Life star Whitney Way Thore does not have time for unsolicited feedback about her body, thankyouverymuch.

I’m not sure I agree that feedback is unsolicited. She’s putting things out there almost daily as a public figure for publicity. She is soliciting feedback. She’s just saying she doesn’t want any negative feedback. Unfortunately for her, it doesn’t work that way. The internet is always more negative than positive which can be out of control and unacceptable. But the majority of what she gets is constructive criticism, not even nasty negativity. If she wants to make a living in the public eye and on the Internet, she can’t expect every comment to be blowing sunshine up her ass or whine when people give her advice on how not to die. 

• Love 16

Honestly, I think Whitney's put herself into a corner. She's built her show, her fanbase, and pretty much everything else around one central thing: Her Weight. If not for the fact that she is morbidly obese and has a "mildly" interesting life (I use the word interesting lightly here, folks), she wouldn't have a show. So, she can't lose weight because she would lose her fans who have bought into the mantra of "Beauty at Any Size" and if she keeps gaining well, neither the world nor the human body are built for 600 pound frames. Being that overweight hurts. Listen to anyone who's on My 600 pound Life and they will not sugar coat the fact that being that overweight not only hurts but it's miserable to be that way. Everything that they want to do whether it's spending time with their kids or something as simple as putting on shoes, they can't do because of their weight.

For Whitney, whom we've already seen that she can't shave her legs, put on shoes, and if she falls down, she's not getting back up again without some help. On some level, Whitney knows that the life she's leading isn't "Fabulous " but what can she do? Losing weight is hard and being overweight is her entire claim to fame. So, she does what knows best, she plays dramatics. Someone telling her that she should consider losing weight? Ah, they're fat-shaming her. Someone tells her that her behavior is atrocious? That's cyber-bullying and they want her dead.

It's a defense mechanism called deflection. People won't focus on her being overweight if she distracts everyone to her supposed "haters" who want her dead. For example, her dad wants her to run a race? She turns it back on him for lying about how long the race really was. If she can't complete the race, then it's not because of her weight but because she didn't "train" for a race that long. Whitney does this to get out of anything that makes her look bad. You see it all the time with people who struggle with addiction. 

• Love 17

Pickler was on Dancing with the Stars...i think she won.. ..so Twitney isn't showing her anything. .... except how to twist/roll fat around and around. .... 

Twit looks like an old gramma next to those two young 'uns...who may be older than her.  

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Great dance, I see Twit still has her "never move your feet or legs" rule in place, 

Maybe it's just the dress instead of the usual leggings, but it does seem like she's lost a little weight in the Pickler and Ben segment (what a weird, awkward to say tv name though). Nowhere near the photoshoped selfie size, but smaller than Hawaii. 

Edited by alabetser
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Maybe it's just the dress instead of the usual leggings, but it does seem like she's lost a little weight in the Pickler and Ben segment (what a weird, awkward to say tv name though). Nowhere near the photoshoped selfie size, but smaller than Hawaii. 

Maybe but those two hosts together weigh less than she does.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Dot said:

This is a really interesting article; thanks for sharing it. I have 2 thoughts about it:

(1) Why didn't the woman take the comparison photos at the same time to prove her point? (From hair & similar, it's obvious the photos are not taken together.)

(2) Even if Twit & her photog used lighting, angles, etc., to distort her photos, it doesn't change the fact that she is so unhappy with her full, fat face that she feels compelled to use artifce to change it. (Frankly, I still suspect some kind of photoshopping was going on.)

I agree on both points. The article was pretty startling to me how very different the author's face looked from one photo to another. It was hard to buy that it wasn't a photoshop or one photo is much older than the other kind of gag. I know angle and lighting can made a difference, but DAMN! Never imagined it could change one's looks that much. 

And yes, your second point - spot on. We all want to look our best in photos but as has been mentioned up-thread, why would you go so far as to end up with a result that looks so totally different from what you look like in real life. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Dot said:

You mean this one @Dot? Yes, she sure is fabulous! ?

6BA45574-5992-4242-B5FF-CCAE4F976EE4.jpeg

• Love 7
15 hours ago, ChessDiva19 said:

something as simple as putting on shoes, they can't do because of their weight.

Which we already know she can’t do! During their ballroom dance competition, she got angry because Todd finally refused to keep putting on and tying her shoes. Todd said “she’s got all these good excuses why she can’t tie her shoes.” He was totally over it and he said “well I guess you better do some leg lifts so you can tie your own shoes” I loved it!! So for Whitney’s response about Todd to the camera “If he really cared, he would just help me get my shoes on.”  She’s such a pig! She would be nothing without Todd as he is the one that made the videos, danced with her and helped her get the “fat girl dancing” out into the universe!  What an ugly, fat, ungrateful pig!

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Which we already know she can’t do! During their ballroom dance competition, she got angry because Todd finally refused to keep putting on and tying her shoes. Todd said “she’s got all these good excuses why she can’t tie her shoes.” He was totally over it and he said “well I guess you better do some leg lifts so you can tie your own shoes” I loved it!! So for Whitney’s response about Todd to the camera “If he really cared, he would just help me get my shoes on.”  She’s such a pig! She would be nothing without Todd as he is the one that made the videos, danced with her and helped her get the “fat girl dancing” out into the universe!  What an ugly, fat, ungrateful pig!

That was so ridiculous.  "I can't reeeeeach!"   If not being able to put on your own shoes or wipe your own butt is not enough of a wake up call for her I don't know what is.  I would be mortified if I couldn't do basic things like that for myself.

1 hour ago, Kaia40 said:

You mean this one @Dot? Yes, she sure is fabulous! ?

6BA45574-5992-4242-B5FF-CCAE4F976EE4.jpeg

I must have missed this one, what season was she doing back rolls?  

• Love 7

I went on my annual trip to the big mall yesterday and stopped in Torrid. I asked a salesperson what they thought of " that big girl Whitney Thore promoting your brand? " 

The sales person did not know who that was.  

HA! 

• Love 10

I don't care how many videos she posts of herself in the gym, or how many dopey-damn-faced selfies she shares; the truth remains that this is a woman who can barely walk without wailing in some level of discomfort. So anything she does, IMO, is for attention and head-pats, and to deceive her audience to further her reality show "career." Yeah, gurl, you might be fabulous but I could poke you in the eye and run away and you'd never catch me. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

I agree on both points. The article was pretty startling to me how very different the author's face looked from one photo to another. It was hard to buy that it wasn't a photoshop or one photo is much older than the other kind of gag. I know angle and lighting can made a difference, but DAMN! Never imagined it could change one's looks that much. 

And yes, your second point - spot on. We all want to look our best in photos but as has been mentioned up-thread, why would you go so far as to end up with a result that looks so totally different from what you look like in real life. 

Watching her social media is kind of confusing, because she uploads these candid stills and videos showing her lumbering around like an unwashed walrus, and then we get these made-up head shots that have been filtered to death by someone who runs a "No Body Shame" campaign. Whitney needs someone to tell her what to do with her public image. These slop job glamour shots and these selfies are all over the place. She has double sets of eyebrows, there seems to be dirt either on her face or the camera lens in one of them, and she's using this "make me skinny" software without having any post work done. So, like her exercise videos, this is yet another confirmation that she does everything half-assed. It's like she had a PR person make a list of things not to do and she's doing everything on the lsit.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SenshusWoman said:

I don't care how many videos she posts of herself in the gym, or how many dopey-damn-faced selfies she shares; the truth remains that this is a woman who can barely walk without wailing in some level of discomfort. So anything she does, IMO, is for attention and head-pats, and to deceive her audience to further her reality show "career." Yeah, gurl, you might be fabulous but I could poke you in the eye and run away and you'd never catch me. 

Yeah, but if she trips and falls, I'm imagining Road Runner cartoon....boulder, hill, Wiley Coyote. You'd be smushed.  :D

• Love 4
(edited)

This latest IG video is why I find Twit such a despicable human being. Her continuing to claim her NoBS campaign is a positive contribution appalls me.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4

Why do I find it hard to believe that little boys come up to Whitney Thore on the street and tell her she is making a huge difference in their lives? She says it with such conviction, yet it seems so very unlikely . . .

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Why do I find it hard to believe that little boys come up to Whitney Thore on the street and tell her she is making a huge difference in their lives? She says it with such conviction, yet it seems so very unlikely . . .

This is like "They told me to kiiillll myseeeelllfff!!!!" I want screen shots or it didn't happen.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I had the same feeling about all those "old men" who constantly stop her in the street to tell her what an inspiration she is.

ETA: She also once again claims to be so "happy." To paraphrase Kerryn: "For someone who says she is so happy, you sure do spend a lot of years with a therapist."

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Dot said:

This latest IG video is why I find Twit such a despicable human being. Her continuing to claim her NoBS campaign is a positive contribution appalls me.

They're not going to live to be 85, Shitney. They're going to die young because their obesity gives them cancer and heart attacks. They won't be around to regret things at 85 because they'll have died horribly of diabetes in their 40s.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Dot said:

I had the same feeling about all those "old men" who constantly stop her in the street to tell her what an inspiration she is.

ETA: She also once again claims to be so "happy." To paraphrase Kerryn: "For someone who says she is so happy, you sure do spend a lot of years with a therapist."

Now, now.... she needs therapy because the world is mean to her! She's fabulously happy. Not.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

This is like "They told me to kiiillll myseeeelllfff!!!!" I want screen shots or it didn't happen.

Even then I wouldn’t believe it. She wouldn’t think twice about faking the posts. 

• Love 9
On 5/11/2018 at 12:30 PM, Snafu said:

She has just confirmed beyond all doubt what a sick individual she is.  Who in their right mind edits her own photo beyond recognition and attempts to pass the edited photo as a current photo of herself.

The majority of my friends do this on social media. They even download special photo apps that will make them slimmer, hide blemishes, and apply makeup to their selfies. I probably wouldn't recognize most of them in real life.

• Love 2
On 5/12/2018 at 2:27 AM, spankydoll said:
On 4/25/2018 at 4:17 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She will be calling this bench pressing soon - look what I can do...

image.png.6c8d9bf3d8ea1c86e90cec9c853b3bbc.png

This photo made me think of the shrimp cocktail in Beetlejuice. 

We really need to create a list of all the things that people have thought this was a picture of at first glance.  The first time I saw it I thought it was 2 walruses, another time I though it was a couple of seals wearing sunglasses.  I've also heard people say they're seeing polar bears and now the shrimp cocktail from Beetlejuice.  Are there any other wild ones out there?  Do share! 

• Love 3
On 5/14/2018 at 9:42 AM, SevenCostanza said:

That was so ridiculous.  "I can't reeeeeach!"   If not being able to put on your own shoes or wipe your own butt is not enough of a wake up call for her I don't know what is.  I would be mortified if I couldn't do basic things like that for myself.

I must have missed this one, what season was she doing back rolls?  

@SevenCostanza It’s from Season 1 when she was “asked” to perform at a dance school and she was trying to do this move! It was as if a hippo fell on it’s back and kept trying to get back up.  So embarrassing! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Haleybug said:

We really need to create a list of all the things that people have thought this was a picture of at first glance.  The first time I saw it I thought it was 2 walruses, another time I though it was a couple of seals wearing sunglasses.  I've also heard people say they're seeing polar bears and now the shrimp cocktail from Beetlejuice.  Are there any other wild ones out there?  Do share! 

Oh no @Haleybug...not this picture again! ??? Honestly it just makes me want to vomit. ?  However, I think two walruses is pretty spot on! lol!!  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Haleybug said:

Polar bears for me!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

@SevenCostanza It’s from Season 1 when she was “asked” to perform at a dance school and she was trying to do this move! It was as if a hippo fell on it’s back and kept trying to get back up.  So embarrassing! 

Thank you Kaia40! Sorry I missed this one.  I've only seen a few episodes from the early seasons.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2018 at 11:07 AM, SenshusWoman said:

Yeah, gurl, you might be fabulous but I could poke you in the eye and run away and you'd never catch me. 

This mental picture is officially the highlight of my week/month.  Thank you for that gem.  *tear*

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleybug said:

The real trick would be Twit trying to put her legs together.....in or out of the water. 

• Love 7
On 5/14/2018 at 9:23 AM, Kaia40 said:

During their ballroom dance competition

I really want to re-watch her pitching fits over shoes but I can't seem to find this episode - they're all running together at this point.  I'm almost positive its in Season 3 but none of the episode descriptions on TLC's site seem to fit.  Does anyone by chance remember what episode Twit & Todd did this ballroom dance "competition"?  

On 4/25/2018 at 3:17 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She will be calling this bench pressing soon - look what I can do...

image.png.6c8d9bf3d8ea1c86e90cec9c853b3bbc.png

Her legs look like the legs they'd show on the old cartoons - where you have the fat lady with big legs and little feet. Jeez - she's so young to look like this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleybug said:

I really want to re-watch her pitching fits over shoes but I can't seem to find this episode - they're all running together at this point.  I'm almost positive its in Season 3 but none of the episode descriptions on TLC's site seem to fit.  Does anyone by chance remember what episode Twit & Todd did this ballroom dance "competition"?  

Hey @Haleybug. It’s from Season 3! The same season where she stalked Lennie.  I just found these pics for you on TLC.com! I came across this gem (second pic) where she stalked Lennie and I just had to throw it in! The creepiest part about that Is when she covered the peephole while she was knocking!!! This obviously is something she’s DEFINITELY done before! I would never think to cover someone’s peephole! lol. Sorry, I fell down the rabbit hole! I’ll see if I can find footage of Todd telling her to tie her own shoes! I don’t blame him in many ways for not tying her shoes but her feet are so nasty when they give those gross close ups! ?? I love Todd!! ?

3B2BD90A-793A-4437-B16B-FBB8897677B9.jpeg

3541A627-BB94-4DDF-9B03-EF0070CC18D2.jpeg

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

She is so damned comfortable forcing her sweaty, clammy skin all over people. It has nothing to do with being a size 82. It's about not being gross because you're a grownup.

It's also about fucking boundaries...and not-so-passive agressiveness toward others. She's a BIG bully and uses her weight like bigger children do-- as power to intimidate others in the guise of affection. Yuck, get offfa me.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Tosia said:

It's also about fucking boundaries...and not-so-passive agressiveness toward others. She's a BIG bully and uses her weight like bigger children do-- as power to intimidate others in the guise of affection. Yuck, get offfa me.

And she uses her “protected status” as a weapon to any negative feedback. If someone tells her that her behavior is out of line, she claims obesity discrimination. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

The creepiest part about that Is when she covered the peephole while she was knocking!!! This obviously is something she’s DEFINITELY done before! I would never think to cover someone’s peephole! 

I bet if some man covered the peephole in her front door, she'd have a fit. For me, you either take your hand off the peephole or "say hello to my little friend." I take my safety seriously.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Haleybug said:

We really need to create a list of all the things that people have thought this was a picture of at first glance.  The first time I saw it I thought it was 2 walruses, another time I though it was a couple of seals wearing sunglasses.  I've also heard people say they're seeing polar bears and now the shrimp cocktail from Beetlejuice.  Are there any other wild ones out there?  Do I tshare! 

I thought this is what sunk the Titanic

• Love 9