Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Soooooo..... did she answer? Or delete your question? 

Oh, my Qs never get chosen for that great therapist, Dr. W. Way Thore, to answer. But since it's the MBFFL FB page, not Twit's, I don't think they get deleted either.

That page is where all we trolls can make honest comments about what a hypocrite Twit is. None of those comments, however, become an item in her advice column.

She used to give "relationship" advice, but I don't see much of that any more. I guess someone pointed out how ludicrous that is to whoever runs the MBFFL FB page. That would be like me, a lesbian, giving advice to young women on How to Keep Your Man Happy in Bed.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Does anyone who doesn't weight 350 plus pounds actually like Whitney, and think she is beautiful?

I can't speak for everyone but I certainaly do NOT like Twitney. I don't care if she is 110 pounds or 500+ pounds. Twit has an ugly soul, a terrible attitude, acts like a spoiled 10 year old, is a liar, narcassistic ... I can go on but I don't want to bore you. 

I really don't know where TLC finds these grifters.

• Love 15
23 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Does anyone who doesn't weight 350 plus pounds actually like Whitney, and think she is beautiful?

NOPE THEY ARE ALL fAT.

• Love 2
(edited)

Her form is terrible at the beginning. She is lifting her feet and rocking off her butt to do the next lift. At the end of the video, when Jessica is focused on her and telling her to keep her knees out, you can see Whitney start to sort-of keep her feet planted (the front of her foot, anyway).  The point is to make the muscles of the legs do the lifting, not the momentum of a heavy body rocking back and forth.

What, exactly, is so funny about a stroke victim walking slowly on a treadmill, anyway?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8

The gym photo, plus another facially-sculpted headshot, has Twit's fans going nuts over how much weight she has lost. That is obviously what Twit wants to hear with these photos. Some times her hypocrisy just astounds me.

• Love 8

It does look like she may be losing some weight.  I suspect TLC said, "Your life isn't fabulous.  We don't need another season of you struggling to do things that most people can do easily.  Either work on being fabulous, or the show is done."

And then she headed to the gym.

• Love 15

@Deena52, you commented that Twit seems to take the stance that " 'if you even mention dieting or weight loss around me, you are fat-shaming me' stuff that I became really perplexed. And I wondered it this was just something she had come up with or if she was being influenced or pushed by TLC to do this. So I decided to go and do some investigating about the fat acceptance/body positivity movement..."
I have seen comments here in this forum that Twit has been denounced by HAES & perhaps other body-positivity groups, but I have never been able to find evidence of that. Has your research turned up any written statement from HAES, et al, about what a phony & disaster Twit is for body-positivity? If so, would you provide a link to that statement?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I see Twit is going much slower and trying to have better form (?) at least I think that's what she's doing.  Oh both Babs and Daddy are there with her! 

There's nothing about what she's doing there that could be called "good form" or "proper exercise".

The box in a box squat is there just to signal you how low to go. You're  not supposed to actually sit on it!

• Love 3

This is more impressive than the Insta video above, IMO. I lift weights and do kettlebell, so 85lbs total lift is a sneeze for me, but good on her for trying and not injuring herself (and therefore subjecting us to an entire season of "I tore a muscle so I can't work out, like, EVER AGAIN and I've gained 92 pounds").

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It does look like she may be losing some weight.  I suspect TLC said, "Your life isn't fabulous.  We don't need another season of you struggling to do things that most people can do easily.  Either work on being fabulous, or the show is done."

No matter how hard she works out, her frappucino and pizza intake is going to eventually cancel out every last drop of sweat she puts into it. I strongly suspect she's using each workout as a reward for eating even more crap.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

There's nothing about what she's doing there that could be called "good form" or "proper exercise".

The box in a box squat is there just to signal you how low to go. You're  not supposed to actually sit on it!

It's a crossfit variation. She's still not doing it very well, but a brief sit at the bottom is part of this version.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think this is probably true. She does look like she might have lost some. I don’t think she’s trying to lose weight or even get healthy. Its probably all about the show. I won’t believe she’s really trying to improve until I see her eat a vegetable or go for a walk. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:
No matter how hard she works out, her frappucino and pizza intake is going to eventually cancel out every last drop of sweat she puts into it. I strongly suspect she's using each workout as a reward for eating even more crap.

Yup and double yup. She doesn't want to change what / how she eats so she thinks she can work it all off in the gym. Most of Dr Now's patients lose 50-100 lbs before surgery w/o doing any exercise, because many of them just can't (joint problems, etc.) They still lose weight because of the diet.

On 5/1/2018 at 7:02 AM, winsomeone said:

I don't like her, but I do think she is occasionally attractive in her THs. Occasionally being the operative word.

• Love 2
On 4/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, Pachengala said:

I had to go check this out; oh my god what a disproportionately hostile response! Even for her! The number one reason I have always disliked Whitney is because of how awful she is to fans and detractors alike, but she appears to be upping her game and even some fans are starting to notice. 

7F70D71F-7D93-4450-A38B-3E2DEAA403AA.jpeg

Frankly I dislike her trainer's response as much as hers.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Ketzel said:

It's a crossfit variation. She's still not doing it very well, but a brief sit at the bottom is part of this version.

Yeah, like I said ...not good form or proper exercise. (You could say that I have a very negative view of crossfit, and you would be correct.)

• Love 3

"Hi, I'm Will Powell! Are you a 90 pound weakling? Gain weight and feel great as time goes by with the Will Powell Weight Gain training program! You'll gain fat, barnacles and your own TV show while you stuff your face with junk food and wash it down with coffee milkshakes as you cry about the haters and tell off your fans all day on social media! Make all the excuses you want! I'm just here to listen and look like a chump! Gotta go-- I'm in beast mode! Don't forget to hit that paypal donate button on your way out!"

• Love 10
On 5/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I see Twit is going much slower and trying to have better form (?) at least I think that's what she's doing.  Oh both Babs and Daddy are there with her! 

I do think she looks smaller here, if so good for her, hope she keeps it up.  I still don’t think her trainer is having her do the proper exercises/form.  It still looks like a major injury waiting to happen.

• Love 3

Twit has had a couple of gym videos & a live video since she posted those photos of her slim face on Apr 25. The videos show her actual full face & double chins. I thumbed thru a few fan comments. No one that I saw commented on the obvious fiction. How is that possible?

• Love 5
(edited)

Bottom line, no one could be happy in a body that big. You might have a great life, good friends, a partner, a good job, great parents, a dog,  but seriously, in a body that size, it just takes away from all the goodness otherwise. It does. No one that big is happy with their body. Happy with their life? Sure. Happy in that body? No. And there is a difference in being happy with the things in your life, and being happy with your physical body.

Edited by Emma C
Just too snark for my own good.
  • Love 11
On 5/4/2018 at 10:23 PM, Dot said:

Twit has had a couple of gym videos & a live video since she posted those photos of her slim face on Apr 25. The videos show her actual full face & double chins. I thumbed thru a few fan comments. No one that I saw commented on the obvious fiction. How is that possible?

I know, right @Dot!! I suppose it’s because her big FAT unfabulous fans are as deluded as she is!!! Also, if anything negative is posted, her fat fingers delete it!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

I know, right @Dot!! I suppose it’s because her big FAT unfabulous fans are as deluded as she is!!! Also, if anything negative is posted, her fat fingers delete it!!

And they all go to the "if you don't say you see it, it doesn't exist" school.  If you don't say you see those double chins, they're not there.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Emma C said:

Bottom line, no one could be happy in a body that big. You might have a great life, good friends, a partner, a good job, great parents, a dog,  but seriously, in a body that size, it just takes away from all the goodness otherwise. It does. No one that big is happy with their body. Happy with their life? Sure. Happy in that body? No. And there is a difference in being happy with the things in your life, and being happy with your physical body.

I m not happy in my body and I’m no where near her weight. I put on 20 lbs after I had to stop running . I suffocate in my clothes because I refuse to by bigger clothes. I don’t even want to look at myself in the mirror.  

She cant tell me she loves herself after seeing the photo her looking like a gigantic baby in a diaper when she was in Hawaii.

Whats the point of her showing us the gym videos? I wouldn’t mind is if she was trying to lose weight and get Healthy. We know she isn’t. 

• Love 11
On 5/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, LordOfLotion said:

"Hi, I'm Will Powell! Are you a 90 pound weakling? Gain weight and feel great as time goes by with the Will Powell Weight Gain training program! You'll gain fat, barnacles and your own TV show while you stuff your face with junk food and wash it down with coffee milkshakes as you cry about the haters and tell off your fans all day on social media! Make all the excuses you want! I'm just here to listen and look like a chump! Gotta go-- I'm in beast mode! Don't forget to hit that paypal donate button on your way out!"

What is the photo on the left from? She has never looked that thin since she’s been on tv, she’s missing half of her body.

• Love 5
Just now, leighroda said:

What is the photo on the left from? She has never looked that thin since she’s been on tv, she’s missing half of her body.

It's from when she lost that 100lbs the first time years ago.

• Love 6
(edited)

Twit is forcing Garrett, one of the production crew, to cuddle her on IG today. I hope PMG has its sexual harrassment insurance policy paid up to date.

ETA: I've noticed a pattern in fan comments since Twit made her big production of going back to the gym. About half tell her how great she looks now that she's losing wgt. The other half points out that she has said she is not trying to lose wgt & people should quit ignoring that & realize she is beautiful at all her sizes.

I wonder what happened to the NoBodyShame store that was supposed to reopen in late Jan with all new items?

Edited by Dot
ETA & figured out out to add an IG photo
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit is forcing Garrett, one of the production crew, to cuddle her on IG today. I hope PMG has its sexual harrassment insurance policy paid up to date.

That poor guy looks so uncomfortable. I hope he filed a complaint. She is a serial harasser but no one stands up to her. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I do wonder what the point of all these 60 second gym videos is.  Are we to believe she is some sort of toned athlete even though we know she could not walk comfortably for 2 or 3 miles.  Much of what she is doing is begging for an injury.  Also who in the world is taking these videos and why?? Why does she think anyone cares.  Oh wait, her loyal followers get off on it and I am guessing she gets off on their insipid comments.

Edited by Donut Bear
  • Love 6
(edited)

I do wonder what the point of all these 60 second gym videos is... Why does she think anyone cares.

Once again, I'm going to swim upstream here and suggest that WWT (or any overweight person) may post videos of themselves in the gym (or doing any type of exercise) to encourage other overweight individuals to exercise themselves. I think that many overweight people are completely intimidated by the idea of going to a gym or even exercising in public. I don't blame them. So perhaps WWT is trying to role model for other overweight people by showing them that they can go to a gym and exercise - and do something good for themselves. I have read many posts critical of her form and since I don't watch the videos, nor would I be able to distinguish good form from bad, I can't comment on that aspect of her posts. I will say that I don't think she intends the videos to be instructional in nature as much as she means them to be motivational. 

Just a theory...

I don't know that I agree. I've never been that big so I don't know from personal experience. I definitely know that losing weight or having the body you want doesn't automatically make you happy so it stands to reason (in some way) that being in an obese body doesn't automatically make you unhappy. I'm definitely larger than I want to be and larger than is healthy but I can also say that my outsize body doesn't "take away from all the goodness otherwise." My body has had cancer and has diabetes and I'm still happy in it (sure, I'd change it if I could but I can't). Paraplegics can be happy in their bodies. Amputees can be happy in their bodies. Is it so much of a leap to think that obese people could be happy in their bodies? 

That said, I don't believe that WWT is as happy as she is trying to convince herself and her audience that she is. She has repeatedly talked about how much she doesn't like her body and the limitations it places on her life. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible for someone to be happy in an obese body.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Once again, I'm going to swim upstream here and suggest that WWT (or any overweight person) may post videos of themselves in the gym (or doing any type of exercise) to encourage other overweight individuals to exercise themselves. I think that many overweight people are completely intimidated by the idea of going to a gym or even exercising in public. I don't blame them. So perhaps WWT is trying to role model for other overweight people by showing them that they can go to a gym and exercise - and do something good for themselves. I have read many posts critical of her form and since I don't watch the videos, nor would I be able to distinguish good form from bad, I can't comment on that aspect of her posts. I will say that I don't think she intends the videos to be instructional in nature as much as she means them to be motivational. 

Just a theory...

I don't know that I agree. I've never been that big so I don't know from personal experience. I definitely know that losing weight or having the body you want doesn't automatically make you happy so it stands to reason (in some way) that being in an obese body doesn't automatically make you unhappy. I'm definitely larger than I want to be and larger than is healthy but I can also say that my outsize body doesn't "take away from all the goodness otherwise." My body has had cancer and has diabetes and I'm still happy in it (sure, I'd change it if I could but I can't). Paraplegics can be happy in their bodies. Amputees can be happy in their bodies. Is it so much of a leap to think that obese people could be happy in their bodies? 

That said, I don't believe that WWT is as happy as she is trying to convince herself and her audience that she is. She has repeatedly talked about how much she doesn't like her body and the limitations it places on her life. But I wouldn't go so far as to say it's impossible for someone to be happy in an obese body.

I think she is not trying to be instructional or motivational (although she might say she is) but to teach us a little lesson about WWT.  I do think the walk in Hawaii was a low point for her, and she is now showing everyone that she can do things.  IMO they are meant to show her followers that she couldn't do the Hawaii walk because *reasons* but she is clearly fit and capable, as seen on her posted workout videos.  (Possible threats from TLC to get more fabulous or else! might be part of it too)

In your second paragraph I believe you differ a little bit from the OP in that she said WWT couldn't be happy WITH her body, even if she could be happy with other aspects of her life.  Your point was that she can be happy IN her body even if it's obese.  I think I agree with both of you :)

Edited by princelina
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm going to apply Whitney's Razor. She's doing it for attention.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Latest gym video.   I'm just curious why she only lifts weights, doesn't she even dance anymore?

It's easier to move those arms than those legs and butt.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Latest gym video.   I'm just curious why she only lifts weights, doesn't she even dance anymore?

Good point. Of course, she never really "danced" & she doesn't really have a dance class. Once in a while a fan who hasn't caught on yet comments that she's moving to Greensboro soon & looking forward to joining BGDC.

Other than Twit & Tal playing house as wifey & hubby, she hasn't given away much about what S-6 will include. Of course, it's early yet in the filming. I am thinking we may see yet another dance battle & yet another 5K since she never completed either.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I'm going to apply Whitney's Razor. She's doing it for attention.

Yes!!!! Thank you @LordOfLotion, I thought I was going crazy! She only does things if they’re self serving! She’s already proven that!

• Love 3

Her form in this video made my back hurt. Leaning back like that is going to put too much strain on her lower back. She's not bracing her core and momentum is driving her arms up, not so much the muscles. She needs to slow it down too. More importantly, she needs a trainer who corrects this. 

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Dot said:

Good point. Of course, she never really "danced" & she doesn't really have a dance class. Once in a while a fan who hasn't caught on yet comments that she's moving to Greensboro soon & looking forward to joining BGDC.

Other than Twit & Tal playing house as wifey & hubby, she hasn't given away much about what S-6 will include. Of course, it's early yet in the filming. I am thinking we may see yet another dance battle & yet another 5K since she never completed either.

I saw someone comment this on her most recent FB live “hey Whitney, I called the dance studio that you guys go to because I want to join BGDC and they told me that there aren’t any classes to join and they just use it for filming.  Is that true?”  I LOVED it.  So one of her “fans” called her out! It’s about time.  Perhaps some people are starting to see through her lies! 

10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It's easier to move those arms than those legs and butt.

That’s true but it sure is a close call between them!! Those arms are pretty ginormous!!! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 7
(edited)

WAIT - she has an actual, real-life JOB? Or does she just mean tailing Todd's dance classes? 

AH, I see it ... "I fed myself." With her caloric intake, I'm sure that's at least a PT gig in and of itself...

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

WAIT - she has an actual, real-life JOB? Or does she just mean tailing Todd's dance classes? 

AH, I see it ... "I fed myself." With her caloric intake, I'm sure that's at least a PT gig in and of itself...

Fake news. There is not job; there is only Tal.

• Love 6

'I wonder how many more of those photoshoped, so-called glam shots from April 25 she still has -- this is #3 by my count.

She always refers to filming MBFFL as her "work." Which I suppose it is since that's all she does. That being the case, wouldn't it be more honest if we saw a film crew following her around all day long?

I love the several fans who asked, "Where do you work?"

• Love 9
On 4/26/2018 at 10:22 AM, Pachengala said:

I had to go check this out; oh my god what a disproportionately hostile response! Even for her! The number one reason I have always disliked Whitney is because of how awful she is to fans and detractors alike, but she appears to be upping her game and even some fans are starting to notice. 

7F70D71F-7D93-4450-A38B-3E2DEAA403AA.jpeg

Is Twitney taking Social Media Management tips from David Eason, perhaps?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

I literally let out a Whit-sized guffaw when I saw that the photoshopping was so extreme it even skinnied up her massive bingo wing arm.

• Love 10
On 3/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, TurtlePower said:

Well done! Speak the truth, call 'em out and ye be banned. Typical. Meri Brown does this, too.

Welcome to Club Ban!  The drinks are always free and the company is fantastic!  I received my ticket to Club Ban just 2 months ago. 

• Love 4