Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

This is the understatement of the year LOL

Too bad they no longer broadcast What Not to Wear. Of course, She would drive Clinton and Stacy crazy!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

OK... These people telling her to kill herself? I'm done. Screen shots or it didn't happen. I am tired of seeing these allegations with no proof. I am not going to spend my time to go digging for them. Time to put up or shut up. Otherwise, this is desperation for attention, pure and simple.

It's interesting that a few days after The Skinny, when Twit first asserted that, that someone turned up here on this forum saying she was a "disgusting fatbody who should die in a fire." I looked at the poster's bio; s/he had just subscribed about 2 minutes before that post. Coincidence? I think not. What I think it was was Twit, Heather, or another of the social barnacles wanting to prove Twit's assertion was true by seeding an offensive comment in this forum BECAUSE NO SUCH STATEMENT has ever been made here before.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Dot said:

It's interesting that a few days after The Skinny, when Twit first asserted that, that someone turned up here on this forum saying she was a "disgusting fatbody who should die in a fire." I looked at the poster's bio; s/he had just subscribed about 2 minutes before that post. Coincidence? I think not. What I think it was was Twit, Heather, or another of the social barnacles wanting to prove Twit's assertion was true by seeding an offensive comment in this forum BECAUSE NO SUCH STATEMENT has ever been made here before.

Or since, right?

• Love 18

when I do delete comments, whether they are annoying, rude, or abusive, people will often say things like:

“See, you DO care what others think.”
“Wow, I must have really struck a nerve.”
“You delete everyone who doesn’t agree with you.”
“I have FREEDOM OF SPEECH!”

Let’s think critically about this. To be clear, you can be as racist, ignorant, fatphobic, misogynistic, transphobic, and as downright nasty as you want to be. You can think these thoughts all day long; you can share them with people who agree with you. You can stand on the street and say whatever you want...but if you come to my home and knock on my door, I wouldn’t let you in, right? I would close the door and shut the windows, because my home is MY space and why would I choose to be harassed?

My digital spaces are also my home—they’re mine. No one is stopping you from shouting your hate (or opinions) into the ether. You can have your opinions about me as a public person, and as much as you think I’m asking for it, or it comes along with the territory, I don’t have to honor your unsolicited opinions.

When you come into my space, I can make you leave. This doesn’t mean I can’t handle a contrary opinion. It means I take no stock in your opinion and it’s unnecessary noise.

Whitney would do better to leave the critical thinking, logical analysis, and argument-by-analogy to those who are better at it. Her attempts do no credit to an Appalachian State University education.

No, a Facebook account is not the equivalent of a physical residence, not in law, not in fact and not in common understanding. Anyone who has paid any attention to the news in the last couple of months knows you have precious little ownership or control or expectation of privacy in your Facebook account. Yes, you can delete posts you don’t like. But surely you don’t operate your physical home the same way as you operate your Facebook account. When was the last time you threw open the doors and windows to your home, screamed to the neighborhood whatever thoughts were on your mind, encouraged all and sundry to join you at random,(and if you didn’t, well, your landlord or your neighborhood association did)  and then bodily removed hundreds of people who showed up and  whose conversation displeased you? See? Silly analogy.

And I don’t think anyone expects you to honor unsolicited opinions. Do you think trolls expect you to offer gracious acknowlegment and agreement? And non-troll critics are likely to be shocked if you do. Some people want a good melee. Some people want to vent their exasperation or unwanted concern. No one, not even they, think you have to honor their opinions.

Look, we get that it’s irritating to anyone when they delete people making critical remarks about them from their Facebook timeline,only to have them re-appear and  gloat that they zinged you so hard, you had to delete them. But if you really don’t give a damn about their initial criticism, why should you care at all about them claiming you do? All your ranting does is encourage them further, and trap you in an endless loop. I mean, talk about unnecessary noise!

Of course, these postings do get you attention and support from the fans. There’s that.

[PS: The simple and correct response to those who think the right to free speech is the right to say anything they want to anybody without repercussions, is this:

The right to free speech is a protection against the government only. Except in limited and unusual circumstances, in the US, you can’t be arrested or punished for something you said. It doesn’t protect you against anyone else telling you to shut up, or organizing a boycott against you or writing scathing letters to the editor about you or kicking you off their Facebook page.]

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Kid said:

Too bad they no longer broadcast What Not to Wear. Of course, She would drive Clinton and Stacy crazy!

I have thought this so many times. I would love to see what they would do with her. Of course I like them and their show so maybe it’s good they aren’t any more. They don’t deserve to have to deal with Whitney. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

. Those above who said she's never going to lose weight until she changes the what she eats are completely right.

I knew a well known and nationally respected weight loss and health expert. I never forgot her telling me that its" 75% how and what you eat, 25% working out.

She also is doing herself no good with these particular workouts imo. She has more than enough weight on her to workout with no added weight. Simple, safe exercise and walking would do a hell of a lot more.

• Love 5

Is it wrong of me that I wonder if she's trying to injure herself so she can play the "see, I can't exercise, I'm hurt" card to get sympathy. And to justify her lack of mobility.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Kid said:

I watch the reruns, and for all that they say to "dress the body you have," and I think they say you can dress well at any size, I've never seen them work with anyone anywhere near Whit's size.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, auntjess said:

I watch the reruns, and for all that they say to "dress the body you have," and I think they say you can dress well at any size, I've never seen then work with anyone anywhere near Whit's size.

Yea I watch the reruns a lot too. I often think of Whitney when they say that. The reality is even the magic of Clinton and Stacey can’t help someone as big as Whitney. There just aren’t enough stores with options for the extreme morbidly obese. I think I remember Stacey saying that plus store they used a lot goes up to 24. It would be interesting to see if they brought the tailor in too and made adjustments to her Torrid tents to at least have some shape. And maybe they would pound into her that she needs SLEEVES!!!

• Love 4
On 4/17/2018 at 6:45 PM, Kaia40 said:

You’re 100% right Aliya!! She just wants everyone to think she loves her body! When Roy shot her down (lol) she was in that store with her Mom blubbering about how fat she is and if she wasn’t fat, she would have a man!  But she loves her big fat body!! Yeah, right!! 

The same store where she nearly broke the chair she was sitting in. 

• Love 7

Heather has posted an IG photo showing how she spent some of the $770 in donations she collected for Greensboro tornado victims.

While some of the purchases seem useful -- Tampax & baby wipes -- it's not like they're not available from a local CVS.

But the bulk of the purchases are snack packs of one variety or another. Snack packs! Cartons & cartons of snack packs!

Methinks Twit did the shopping for Heather.

• Love 10

Why didn’t they just donate the money to the Red Cross or some local organization who could do exactly what is needed with it.  Snack foods seem really unnecessary. It wasn’t so bad that grocery stores aren’t open. 

• Love 9

Yea I watch the reruns a lot too. I often think of Whitney when they say that. The reality is even the magic of Clinton and Stacey can’t help someone as big as Whitney.

I watched one last night, and Clinton said you can be "stylish at any size," but this was to a woman who was maybe a size 12.

• Love 3

I was originally going to tiptoe gently over the subject to try to avoid outwardly accusing anyone of dishonest practices in the name of charity, but to hell with it. I think that all of those supplies pictured on Heather's Instagram are for Whitney. I am very local to the area and haven't heard any reports of tornado devastation so terrible that it called for a bulk delivery of snack food. Nothing else about the show or its characters makes any sense so why should this?

• Love 8

Why didn’t they just donate the money to the Red Cross or some local organization who could do exactly what is needed with it.  Snack foods seem really unnecessary. It wasn’t so bad that grocery stores aren’t open. 

Exactly! It's idiots like Heather -- well-meaning or with an ulterior motive -- that simply get in the way of the Red Cross & other professionals. Those folks will interview the victims, find out what they need & provide it. Unlike Heather who seems to think a package of Goldfish crackers qualifies as emergency food rations. (Which, from what I can see of reports, weren't necessary anyway.)

I worked for a homeless shelter back in the day. Between TG & Xmas, some people took their opportunity to clean out their closets & drawers. Our halls were filled with bagsful of old, dirty clothes; tattered & broken toys; junk of all sorts. We had garbage trucks coming practically 24/7 to haul the trash away. That's the kind of stuff that gets "donated" when someone unqualified like Heather asks for it. (Tho, to her credit, she did ask for money, not merchandise. But I bet she also got some junk donated as well.)

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 12:57 PM, Cherrio said:

HA !

"I never read YouTube comments or comments on an article about me. I never look at the #MyBigFatFabLife hashtag on Twitter—"

Really Whitney? For someone who claims they do not read anything you SURE comment a lot about it.

You also seem to have no problem at all bullying and harassing other people on social media.

As Kerryn said so well......For someone who claims to be so happy and fabulous you sure cry a lot.

I love this Cheerio!  

I love when you said “For someone who claims they do not read anything you SURE comment a lot about it.” We all know she reads the negative comments but, she’ll never admit it! I’m also pretty sure that she reads our comments on here!! She absolutely does care what we all think! 

I also found this quote from her hilarious “many people feel the need to incessantly say everything on their mind, usually unsolicited.” Hmmm...pot calling the kettle black? lol!!

PS. I LOVE Kerryn Feehan for calling her out and putting her fat ass in her place!!

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

I love this Cheerio!  

I just love seeing my name....lol    Just kidding.

Just wanted to add that I think it was Dot who also pointed out that a new poster suddenly showed up making hateful and ugly comments right after The Skinny. The kind of comments we as regular posters do not make. I also think it was Whitney or someone she knows. It was way too obvious and imo wanted to prove her claims. So, she makes a bogus account.  What else does Whitney have to do? She has no job, the dance class is fake, the pizza's are delivered so reading everything written about her is probably all she does.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

What else does Whitney have to do? She has no job, the dance class is fake, the pizza's are delivered so reading everything written about her is probably all she does.

Well, she's still stalking Avi & seeking out his former GFs. And staying up all night checking out her ancestry. And lifting 75# barbells in the gym a couple of times a week so she can carry Tal from the house when one of those (bogus) trolls sets it on fire.

Busy life.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 11

Today's IG gym video shows Twit doing arm strength exercises at a reasonable rate of speed for a change.

She's still getting the "Girl! How much weight have you lost?" comments. I wonder if that's the point of all these videos?

• Love 1

I totally believe this, as I don't know if she could find a pair of pants that she could actually button at her current weight. If you follow the seam up the front of them, they look like they have a zip & button - doubt she could do that at 400+. 

They might be jeggings or pull on jeans, which I am conveniently wearing today and are very comfortable. They have a stitched down fly and faux pockets but no actual button or zipper. When work with a top that covers the waist, they look like regular skinny jeans.

I'm going to swim upstream and say that I actually like this look on Whitney. The blue is a good color for her and I like the way it looks with the white. The pants are tight but I think they are meant to be so. I don't really like the logo on the t-shirt but whatever. I think it's a better look for her than the others I've seen.

Maybe I should post that in unpopular opinions instead?

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They might be jeggings or pull on jeans, which I am conveniently wearing today and are very comfortable. They have a stitched down fly and faux pockets but no actual button or zipper. When work with a top that covers the waist, they look like regular skinny jeans.

I'm going to swim upstream and say that I actually like this look on Whitney. The blue is a good color for her and I like the way it looks with the white. The pants are tight but I think they are meant to be so. I don't really like the logo on the t-shirt but whatever. I think it's a better look for her than the others I've seen.

Maybe I should post that in unpopular opinions instead?

I do agree the color of the shirt is nice on her and it is good to see her in something other than a tank top. But the pants are just so distracting. They probably are the skinny jean/jegging thing which frankly requires thin legs to pull off. When you are 400 lbs you shouldn’t wear anything with the word ‘skinny’ in the title. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Cherrio said:

the pizza's are delivered

Hahahaha!!! That was the best Cheerio (I know how you like to see your name lol) You’re 100% right!! She does nothing all day but sit on her big fat unfabulous ass waiting for pizzza delivery and erasing negative comments as soon as they come in! Oh and of course reading our comments on here (even though she claims she doesn’t! ???? Yeah ok, we believe you Large Marge, I mean Whitney! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 4
On 4/18/2018 at 3:45 PM, lightninggirl said:

I totally believe this, as I don't know if she could find a pair of pants that she could actually button at her current weight. If you follow the seam up the front of them, they look like they have a zip & button - doubt she could do that at 400+. I found it in her FB photos in August 2017:

But her face looks like it's more than 9 months ago there.

Her legs look like elephant legs!!! Oh wow, the elephant’s legs are actually thinner!!

8E895795-2352-459E-8AB5-862604186E50.jpeg

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 3

Radical idea for you Whit: If you can't find a pair of trousers that are not skin tight and show your absolute level of morbid obesity why not pay a seamstress to make a pair with elastic waist and boot cut that don't hug every (ahem) curve and ripple? You don't mind wearing that dress/tent even though the silhouette makes you seem bigger why not try it with pants? What you are wearing is a very poor fashion choice.

Just a hint from one of your friends on PTV.

• Love 8
22 hours ago, Dot said:

Today's IG gym video shows Twit doing arm strength exercises at a reasonable rate of speed for a change.

She's still getting the "Girl! How much weight have you lost?" comments. I wonder if that's the point of all these videos?

Why should any of her fans be worried about how much weight she's lost? I thought weight didn't matter.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, aliya said:

Why should any of her fans be worried about how much weight she's lost? I thought weight didn't matter.

Yeah, that was the reply the poster got from other posters. But the question is: why is she making such a big production of her trips to the gym? What message is she trying to convey since she claims she isn't making any effort to intentionally lose weight? (That adverb has always intrigued me.) And to whom? Not her fans, surely. Maybe TLC to indicate she will be healthy enuf to fulfill the requirements of another season? That's where I place my bet. Both she -- and TLC -- must have been horrified by the HI story arc. She really, really looked bad in that, e.g., her Winnie-the-Pooh pose on the beach.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Winnie-the-Pooh pose on the beach.

At first I thought she looked like an extremely humongous toddler sitting on the beach! But, DOT you never fail me! She looked exactly like Winnie-the-Pooh on the beach!!

6E3CEC5E-C086-4553-BEE2-B01DAB0EA60D.jpeg

9C00A7CA-CD95-4A82-8AC9-868C9B794C0B.png

• Love 9

I, too, wonder about the gym videos. I thought she announced at the panel on eating protocols that her big challenge was eating more food, and more regularly. She also said she was working with a nutritionist or food coach or whatever to learn how to cook and feed herself in a healthy way, because she knew nothing about how to prepare healthy meals.  That was months ago, so where are the videos of Whitney in her kitchen preparing healthy, balanced meals for herself and for Tal?

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I, too, wonder about the gym videos. I thought she announced at the panel on eating protocols that her big challenge was eating more food, and more regularly. She also said she was working with a nutritionist or food coach or whatever to learn how to cook and feed herself in a healthy way, because she knew nothing about how to prepare healthy meals.  That was months ago, so where are the videos of Whitney in her kitchen preparing healthy, balanced meals for herself and for Tal?

Not only that but she's not in the latest eating protocols video that I saw. It's like that is just... down the memory hole.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

At first I thought she looked like an extremely humongous toddler sitting on the beach! But, DOT you never fail me! She looked exactly like Winnie-the-Pooh on the beach!!

The big difference is that Pooh is actually cute.  Twit, not so much.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Exactly! She has made a big point of her "eating protocols" in discussions at Will's gym. But a couple of weeks ago, she had a long FB screed expressing her annoyance that people were asking her what she eats to go along with showing them how hard she exercises. She compared that to asking to show her showering or brushing her teeth or reading a book.

The usual false equivalencies from good ol' Twit. Exercise & food choices are intertwined, but Twit wants to insist that what she eats is no more related to her health than what she reads.

I, too, would like to see a video of her preparing a meal. Or exercising on a bike or rowing  machine where her gluts are getting a good workout. These videos of her lifting weights make no sense to me.

I know the Powells must think this is good publicity for their gym, viz., a TV "star" is coming to them for training. Maybe that works in Greensboro where a city councilman has declared Twit "an economic engine." But to the rest of us across the USA? The Powells are coming off as at best greedy, at worst, incompetent.

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Dot said:

Exactly! She has made a big point of her "eating protocols" in discussions at Will's gym. But a couple of weeks ago, she had a long FB screed expressing her annoyance that people were asking her what she eats to go along with showing them how hard she exercises. She compared that to asking to show her showering or brushing her teeth or reading a book.

The usual false equivalencies from good ol' Twit. Exercise & food choices are intertwined, but Twit wants to insist that what she eats is no more related to her health than what she reads.

I, too, would like to see a video of her preparing a meal. Or exercising on a bike or rowing  machine where her gluts are getting a good workout. These videos of her lifting weights make no sense to me.

I know the Powells must think this is good publicity for their gym, viz., a TV "star" is coming to them for training. Maybe that works in Greensboro where a city councilman has declared Twit "an economic engine." But to the rest of us across the USA? The Powells are coming off as at best greedy, at worst, incompetent.

I don't understand the animosity toward the Powell's. They're not posting these videos on their SM. They're making a living, I don't begrudge them that and if Whitney helps them, she's done something worthwhile.

Just my opinion.

• Love 1
On 4/21/2018 at 5:02 PM, Kaia40 said:

Hmmm if I were Winnie I might seek legal advice because he’s been shouting the No Body Shame slogan for years...I hope he gets a free cruise ticket

43FE4402-74EC-4DA8-85E2-425E66B93FA1.gif.9b559fcfe39a2c0bde3a52d439e3209e.gif

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Hmmm if I were Winnie I might seek legal advice because he’s been shouting the No Body Shame slogan for years...I hope gets a free cruise ticket

Perfect! ? And almost identical to what Twit told Megyn Kelly: "I'm short, I'm fat, ... and I'm cute!"

3 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

I don't understand the animosity toward the Powell's. They're not posting these videos on their SM. They're making a living, I don't begrudge them that and if Whitney helps them, she's done something worthwhile.

Just my opinion.

Twit is toxic to anyone she's around for any period of time, e.g., Buddy became morbidly obese & a cocaine user after living with her a couple of years.

Will Powell apparently used to have a good rep. I think he's destroyed it by pandering to Twit.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Just my opinion.

The big issue I see is that they aren't acting very responsibly in regards to choosing activities appropriate for a 400 lb person. Good trainers know that high impact workout are very hard on joints, and it's exponentially risker if the person is a higher weight. Whitney's going to seriously injure a knee, and the Powell's are letting her continue despite the risk, which makes them look reckless/careless. So most reasonable people, looking for a skilled and careful trainer, may not want to work with them in the future. 

Of course Whit is an adult and can do what she wants, but a responsible trainer would tell her to either stick with low impact exercises like aqua-exercise, or to lose weight with diet first then begin working out. If a client insists on acting recklessly a good trainer would refuse to work with her. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Hmmm if I were Winnie I might seek legal advice because he’s been shouting the No Body Shame slogan for years...I hope gets a free cruise ticket

But Pooh can ‘up down touch the ground’. I’m thinking Whitney can’t quite manage that. 

• Love 6
On 4/21/2018 at 4:02 PM, Kaia40 said:

Thanks for posting the two together. I wasn't getting the reference until I saw Pooh and his big tummy.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

That is awesome!!! Hahaha

• Love 1
On 4/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, Ketzel said:

She also said she was working with a nutritionist or food coach or whatever to learn how to cook and feed herself in a healthy way, because she knew nothing about how to prepare healthy meals.  That was months ago, so where are the videos of Whitney in her kitchen preparing healthy, balanced meals for herself and for Tal?

This is a loss for her fans. Think about all the people on M6HPL who obviously don't know anything about nutrition. Imagine if Twit actually took this stuff seriously and had videos of her learning how to cook, wise shopping, etc. and how helpful that might be for many of her fans. Whether they lose weight or not (but I bet most will lose some weight), I bet they would get some help from it and Twit could still keep to her healthy at any size thing. I'd like to see her learning how to cook with a nutritionist first, rather than jumping into cooking videos. It would especially be useful for her to be honest about what she eats/selects and have the nutritionist show her better choices. Almost everyone could use that info. If she was serious, I wouldn't snark at it, but that chances of that happening are slim (hahahaha) to none. 

Edited by aliya
  • Love 9

I forget who said it but I went to bed last night and started laughing until tears were streaming down my face. Hubby "why are you laughing" me" fat fabulous lady wanted to know who should be on the couch with her during the tell all and someone said Dr. now". Hubby "snort...cackle...okay that is funny"

• Love 7

To comment on "fit and fat" I have a friend who lost 70 pounds, she is around 180 but I suppose she would still be considered fat. She runs 10 k races for charity regularly and looks quite solid and happy, in her words she loves cake. I think she is the definition of "fit and fat" in that a lot of people would see her and snark on her weight (in my opinion she looks great) but she could outrun them any day of the week. Whit is  unhealthy, there is no getting around it..sorry Whit fans.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Just my opinion.

I'll bite.

It's almost worse to me that the Powells aren't just posting stuff to a SM site for personal fun. They're, as you said, running a business in which they do personal training and supposedly provide nutritional advice that is going to help people improve their health and fitness. They've been glomming on to Whitney to reach a broader audience and possibly make more money than they would if they were just a small Greensboro, NC business.

Here's my problem with that:

What I've seen indicates that the Powells encourage a super-morbidly obese client to do exercises that are at best ineffective and in this cause cause substantial risk of serious injury to that client. They have shown no indication of attention to proper form or to designing and following an exercise plan that is more suitable for someone Whitney's size, which a professional outfit should be doing. The client's health and safety should be paramount. Instead we see video of a 400+ pound woman being encouraged to "run" up and down a set of stairs.

On the nutrition side of things, I've watched the "Eating Protocols" videos. There is a lot of misinformation in those, as well as a lot of blatant hypocrisy. On the one hand, you will have Will and his panelists talking about the evils of processed food and then they will discuss the supplements and protein bars that they rely on. I don't know how you get away with not considering a canister of whey isolate powder "unprocessed" but that's blatantly contradictory. The panel has also got a problem with fatlogic in that they heavily imply certain foods can't make you fat and other foods do (your body only "uses" some part of ice cream and stores the rest, but if you eat chicken breast and vegetables you'll "use" all of it) that do people a general disservice.

I "begrudge" them making a living being misleading to the point where some follower of Whitney is likely to look at this and think that because these professional trainers have Whitney doing it, that it's safe and effective, and that person is going to get hurt and end up in a hospital for it.

• Love 13

Twit is toxic to anyone she's around for any period of time, e.g., Buddy became morbidly obese & a cocaine user after living with her a couple of years.

Who knows when Buddy's addictions actually started - he could have been an alcoholic long before he moved in with Whitney. Regardless, being around her didn't cause his addiction - that's on him, not her.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Just my opinion.

For me, at least, I have a lot of disappointment (I wouldn't call it animosity) for the Powells. When Will first appeared on the show, I thought he would, legit, be the one holding Whitney accountable for her poor choices. He was kind, but stern with her when she asked him to take her back as a client after, from his perspective, disrespecting both herself and him by disappearing without an explanation and then gaining back all the weight she had lost under his supervision.  He set ground rules for her, like not being late for sessions because she was smoking in the parking lot or coming up with excuses for missing sessions. He challenged her in appropriate ways - he was not doing weight training with her - what we saw was Whitney, sullen, cranking on a stationary bike.  I've seen a video clip (I'm not sure if it was one of the extra scenes from the show) where Will was walking Whitney, pouting, through the supermarket, with a cart, showing her how to read labels and suggesting menus. He told her to photograph and send him a picture of everything she ate on a daily basis. She did it once (when making a fish and rice dinner she decided was too disgusting to eat) and then openly mocked him for expecting she would follow his instructions, while loading a giant plate at the birthday party buffet for her parents.

So, basically,Whitney went on being Whitney - being too "nauseous" to do cardio work or having a "sore knee." Will finally told her she needed a doctor's note or he wouldn't believe her.  At which point she shut herself, sobbing, into the bathroom.  He calmed her down and let her leave, but the next episode was the famous one where Will, standing at her car window, caught her red-handed with a giant Starbucks cookie with a bite taken out of it. Whereupon she uttered the immortal plaint, "You see this cookie and think how bad I did, but I look at it and see how good I did." Will pointed out she shouldn't be buying cookies at all. Then he told her she was no longer his client. The board here erupted in cheers and attaboys for Will.

In short, many of us thought Will was sincere and professional in his relationship with Whitney. He clearly knew how to train a morbidly obese person - maximum cardio using  joint-friendly exercise, and dietary changes, until the client lost enough weight to make strength training useful. As I believe Clarewalks pointed out at the time, a morbidly obese person who is mobile, as Whitney is, is constantly moving enough weight to keep her strong. (That's another reason why those videos where she brags about how strong she is are kind of irritating.  Yeah,  anyone who brushes their teeth for two minutes twice a day with a twenty-pound weight attached to their wrist is going to have a strong arm.) Whitney was so heavy, she couldn't actually do weight training with proper form; her belly and her backside would get in the way. Will wanted it to work, but he expected her to take personal responsibility for her improvement and when she showed she wasn't capable of it, he cut her off. Will's cred was very high with me at that point.

And then, things changed. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but suddenly, Whitney announced that if she could go up and down a flight of stairs faster than she had done it the first time, she would show Will she was serious about training.  (Will had set this stair climbing challenge originally, when he agreed to take her back the first time.) Will agreed to watch her do it  a second time, and she did it (with, it would seem, some help from editing) and he was back.  But instead of being grateful and adhering to Will's program, Whitney started setting the rules. When she objected to reporting her food intake and to weighing in on a regular basis, "her weight was not the issue" he stopped weighing her in.  There were no more scenes of Whitney doing cardio work. Instead there was that fake "competition" between her and Buddy to complete a crossfit routine, where it was obvious neither of them could even walk at a brisk clip, let alone do a full circuit. And there was Will, telling them how great they were doing, and how they underestimated their athletic abilities.

My own credentials as a personal trainer are long expired, and almost certainly outdated, but I cannot believe anyone thinks it is a good idea to have a morbidly obese client with allegedly bad knees jump up and down.  Nearly every exercise Whitney shows on instagram demonstrates she isn't getting proper instruction in form. (Not that it's entirely the Powells' fault because her excess weight makes it hard to see just which muscles are working, and she also cheats by using momentum instead of strength to lift things, and by not completing the whole range of motion. But they are the pros and they should not be encouraging her to do exercises that they can't supervise properly. ) Plus, those eating protocol panels show they have bowed to her stubborn refusal to consider weight loss necessary for her health, as well as her delusional statements that she doesn't eat enough, doesn't eat anything until after 9PM and that no one has ever taught her how to eat correctly for health.  

Will seemed like the last line of reality and positive change for Whitney and now he and Jessica are looking awfully like just another set of enablers. I guess it's understandable that, at some point,  after struggling a long time to help and getting nowhere, they decided to settle for the money and the publicity and let Whitney be Whitney.  But I am disappointed.

• Love 20