Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

It would normally be a “good” thing Whitney’s is working out/moving but I still don’t get why Will or his daughter think this is a good look for their gym.  Whitney looks like she’s going to injure herself at every move and her trainer isn’t correcting her form or at least it’s not being shown. I never took Whitney seriously but I’d now have to include Will and his gym in the equation.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Dot said:

She's got another exercise on IG & one of her fans asked the question I always have:

"I thought your supposed to take your time doing each exercise for your body to benefit like medium speed not hyper speed ?"

She's using her lard as a trampoline to do kipping pushups because Crossfit is king!

• Love 4

I would flove to see her get up from the floor, after teeter-tottering her stomach in hyper- speed. 

Watch how the bored trainer looks around the gym instead of focusing on Twit. Even she can't believe this bullshit fake exercise.  

Hey TLC, we're over Twitney -No Way Will I Eat Healthy -Thore. You can quit her anytime.  We know where this chick is going, and My 600 lb Life is as already  rife with narcissists.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cherenkov said:

She's using her lard as a trampoline to do kipping pushups because Crossfit is king!

You would think Jessica would take more care with her. The last thing someone in Whitney's shape needs to do is use momentum to do her exercises.  She has far too much weight to maintain control, and that's just asking for damage.

In the other instagram video, where she is working out with Glenn, there's a moment after the first set when she turns all the way around and we see her whole body. Whatever the heck she's doing with her "eating protocol," it sure isn't losing any weight. She actually looks heavier.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Her form is terrible. There's nothing wrong with pushups from your knees, but the idea is to keep your body in a plank, not push your butt up first, then your back. A good trainer would also be commenting so you can adjust as you go along. And slow down! You get more out of it if you do less in better form. 

My back hurt watching this. I'm about to stop dawdling and get my butt to the gym. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, kar328 said:

Her form is terrible. There's nothing wrong with pushups from your knees, but the idea is to keep your body in a plank, not push your butt up first, then your back. A good trainer would also be commenting so you can adjust as you go along. And slow down! You get more out of it if you do less in better form. 

My back hurt watching this. I'm about to stop dawdling and get my butt to the gym. 

That drives me nuts she does that all the time.  When she did the 8K she started power walking right from the start, or when Will had her run up all those stairs,  I'm not a trainer but I would think someone of her size should start slowly and work on her form.  She hurt her back just lifting her leg in one episode, if she injures her back she's going to become even more immobile and then she won't be able to work out at all.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Hey TLC, we're over Twitney -No Way Will I Eat Healthy -Thore. You can quit her anytime.  We know where this chick is going, and My 600 lb Life is as already  rife with narcissists.

I hope Dr. Now has a bigger consultation room.  He'll need one that Twitney, Mom, Dad, Tal, Donna, and Heather will have to fit into.  And Todd - gonna love those faces when Dr. Now asks, "What is your eating habit?" and Twit goes into the "I have to force myself to eat, and I don't even start until after 9:00 at night."  Todd would probably bring clips of MBFFL, showing her eating cookies, pizza, ice cream, etc. . . . all in broad daylight.

ETA:  But Twit would still have to be closest to Dr. Now . . . so she can be close enough to ask to smell his breath.  (Comment courtesy of Mr. AZC.)

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

You would think Jessica would take more care with her. The last thing someone in Whitney's shape needs to do is use momentum to do her exercises.  She has far too much weight to maintain control, and that's just asking for damage.

In the other instagram video, where she is working out with Glenn, there's a moment after the first set when she turns all the way around and we see her whole body. Whatever the heck she's doing with her "eating protocol," it sure isn't losing any weight. She actually looks heavier.

What kind of exercise is she supposed to be doing in that video?  It looks like she's bowing over and over, I've never seen that, and I can't imagine what part of her body it's supposed to benefit.  Can anyone help me out?

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

What kind of exercise is she supposed to be doing in that video?  It looks like she's bowing over and over, I've never seen that, and I can't imagine what part of her body it's supposed to benefit.  Can anyone help me out?

I think it’s supposed to be a push-up from her knees. But the combination of Whitney being too lazy to try to do it right and the probable very real issue that Whitney’s arms are too short to even get her stomach off the ground, she’s doing a belly rock instead. 

• Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

11 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think it’s supposed to be a push-up from her knees. But the combination of Whitney being too lazy to try to do it right and the probable very real issue that Whitney’s arms are too short to even get her stomach off the ground, she’s doing a belly rock instead. 

I think Sevencostanza is referring to the second video - the one I linked? It looks like some kind of lat pull down. She has a cable gripped in each hand and she is pulling them down simultaneously. She's doing it so fast and so easily that I assume there was no real resistance involved, so she isn't actually strengthening her back, which is what a lat pull down is supposed to do. Or possibly she is supposed to be strengthening her triceps? I don't get the bowing posture either - is it another crossfit exercise?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I think Sevencostanza is referring to the second video - the one I linked? It looks like some kind of lat pull down. She has a cable gripped in each hand and she is pulling them down simultaneously. She's doing it so fast and so easily that I assume there was no real resistance involved, so she isn't actually strengthening her back, which is what a lat pull down is supposed to do.

Oops. Sorry. I missed that link. All of her videos look so bad it’s hard to know which one we are referring too. ?

• Love 2
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

Oops. Sorry. I missed that link. All of her videos look so bad it’s hard to know which one we are referring too. ?

Not surprising---they are all starting to blur together. One thing we can see from the second video is that Whitney has clearly recovered from her terribly damaged knee. Someone call Jiya and re-schedule the dance battle! Whitney can now drop it low! Woo Hoo!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I think Sevencostanza is referring to the second video - the one I linked? It looks like some kind of lat pull down. She has a cable gripped in each hand and she is pulling them down simultaneously. She's doing it so fast and so easily that I assume there was no real resistance involved, so she isn't actually strengthening her back, which is what a lat pull down is supposed to do. Or possibly she is supposed to be strengthening her triceps? I don't get the bowing posture either - is it another crossfit exercise?

Yes Ketzel, that's the one was I was talking about, thanks for clarifying.  I didn't see the cables so to me it just looked like she's going up and down.  You're right she is going way to fast (again) and there doesn't appear to be any resistance at all, which makes the whole thing kind of pointless.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, cherenkov said:

I am willing to bet that comment was 100% bait and she bit on it and swallowed the hook.

And the line.  And the fish.  

From the angle of the video, it looked like the medicine ball was aimed at her head.  

The long stick reminds me of my high school geometry teacher.  He would walk around with a yardstick and tap the top of someone's desk while yelling "focuuuus".  It never worked, but it was a good laugh.

• Love 3

I'm guessing the red leggings are an item in her new clothes line that she said was coming out by the end of Jan. I wonder what the delay is? Does she seriously think she has to sell every single item of old inventory -- even at 90% off -- before she can open her new "store"? (Give it away to 3rd world countries like every other retailer, Twit, and take a tax break.)

BTW, every time Twit mentions her "store," she gets a flurry of fan queries asking about its various locations in USA & even the UK!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

She's using the ski-erg. It's a resistance-cardio exercise with a similar concept to a rower. I have never seen anyone do "sets" on one, and of course her form is horrible and she's not even remotely using it correctly - the motion should be the same as if you were propelling yourself with your arms while cross country skiing.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

She's using the ski-erg. It's a resistance-cardio exercise with a similar concept to a rower. I have never seen anyone do "sets" on one, and of course her form is horrible and she's not even remotely using it correctly - the motion should be the same as if you were propelling yourself with your arms while cross country skiing.

Thanks, @cherenkov. I really appreciate it when those of you familiar with gym equipment provide visual instruction for those of us who aren't. ( The same used to go for you dancers who would point out what real dance steps looked like -- when Twit was still "dancing." She doesn't seem to put much effort into that phase any more.)

Just now, AZChristian said:

How many morbidly obese people do you think there are in 3rd world countries?

Omar the Tentmaker could make good use of Twit's frumpwear.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Thank you Cherenkov!  As usual Whitney's reps look nothing like someone doing it the correct way.   

• Love 2
On 4/5/2018 at 4:16 PM, Ketzel said:

But don't you miss it?

WHITNEY SHOCK_crop.jpg

Now that we know Twit monitors us for straw man arguments to use to avoid answering questions on The Skinny, maybe we can take credit for her dropping that swivel-head, arm-wave, over-exaggerated "we're DOIN' New York/the Beach/etc" thing she would do.

But I do think, alas, that she replaced that slack-jawed, open-eyed surprise look with something equally as ridiculous.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Oh wow, when done properly that actually looks like a really good workout!

• Love 1

I needed a laugh today.  And the combination of "Whitney" and "skiing" brought back hysterically funny memories.  Shouldn't she be strengthening her LEG muscles so she can do a split more comfortably?

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Tonight she's pushing an accessibility app for larger folk. I wonder if she's being compped for this in any way?
(PS that cat is SO her)

What exactly does a fat accessibility app do?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Tonight she's pushing an accessibility app for larger folk. I wonder if she's being compped for this in any way?
(PS that cat is SO her)

I just watched the video for that. I'm stunned.

8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What exactly does a fat accessibility app do?

They rate places on things like if the seats have arms, aisle width and things like that. Basically, if a place is big enough for the morbidly obese to navigate comfortably. It's going to be like Yelp for fat people I guess. This is going to provide a lot of fodder for other forums I frequent.

• Love 3

From the video, "How can we stop people's worlds from shrinking?"  Well, you could manage your weight better.  We've got disabled veterans coming back from Afghanistan who may really need information about accessibility, but you need an app because you can't close your mouth?  

My PhD is in information science. I know a number of people who do research on accessibility technology (including creating apps that address needs for different abilities).  I don't think any of them create apps for large people. Now, there may be some need for this population to know where there's an accessible bathroom, but for the rest of this, jeez louise...

We frequently ask ourselves why don't people 'wake up' when they are 300/400 pounds. Now we see why. Why should they when they can just app their way around town?

I had a former student who was very similar to the spokesperson in the video. Sadly, she passed away a year ago. She needed special seating in class because she couldn't fit the regular desk. A number of students went from class to jobs (this was grad school), so I let them eat during class. She would spread out so much food on her table. I wanted to say something, but it's hard - you say the wrong thing and they've got the disability people down on you for daring to bring up the topic.  Alas, it wasn't a wake up call when she couldn't fit in a desk, it wasn't a wake up call when we discussed insulin and she was taking tons of it due to her poor eating, it wasn't a wake up call when the other students had a sandwich and fruit for lunch and she had a big take out spread.  I am sorry about what happened to her and don't know if anything I could have said would have made a difference. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lightninggirl said:

(PS that cat is SO her)

While I feel for the woman in the video regarding past humiliating experiences, shouldn't the fact that when she stood up her chair stuck to her hips be a wake-up call?

• Love 12
5 hours ago, cherenkov said:

the motion should be the same as if you were propelling yourself with your arms while cross country skiing.

Were you watching the show, the season when Whit demonstrated her form for that ?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

(PS that cat is SO her)

The people involved make me think she will be getting something out of this somehow. Jes Baker and Tess Holliday are two that immediately jump out at me. The rest of them look like people who have turned their weight into some kind of internet fame.

• Love 2

Whitney Thore has to do all of this SM shit to prove herself to her audience: the live streams, the "workouts," the flashback photos showing her old self, etc. All I have to do is SAY NO TO SHIT FOOD, cook healthy meals, perform some light cardio or power walking, and STICK WITH IT, and I get to enjoy seeing the positive differences in my weight, body, and all-over wellness. Every tooth in my head is a sweet tooth, but I will do whatever it takes to not end up like her!

Whitney, I would say "Fuck You," but I would rather say "Thank You" for showing me how simple it really can be to get a handle on my healthy habits (stole that phrase from you, Boo). I'm looking forward to noting my improvements by the time Season 6 premieres.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Tosia said:

And why the fuck does Glenn have to exercise with her????? 

I kind of like that they workout together. If it takes a partner to get you to the gym, then why not? (of course, what you DO in the gym is what counts) 

16 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

I just watched the video for that. I'm stunned.

They rate places on things like if the seats have arms, aisle width and things like that. Basicaljavascript:;ly, if a place is big enough for the morbidly obese to navigate comfortably. It's going to be like Yelp for fat people I guess. This is going to provide a lot of fodder for other forums I frequent.

What forums? I would like to eavesdrop...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Emma C said:

I kind of like that they workout together. If it takes a partner to get you to the gym, then why not? (of course, what you DO in the gym is what counts) 

What forums? I would like to eavesdrop...

Never mind. I shouldn't have talked about Fight Club.

• Love 4

And why the fuck does Glenn have to exercise with her????? 

I kind of like that they workout together. If it takes a partner to get you to the gym

That' problem in a nutshell. How many other 30 year olds need their mother or father to be in the audience of every show? How many have to be bribed to exercise? And how many need a parent at their side to help "train" by taking a stroll on the beach  and to accompany them to the gym? It's a sad and lonely life she leads to have no age mates to work out with her.

• Love 7
On 4/8/2018 at 6:22 PM, Alapaki said:

Now that we know Twit monitors us for straw man arguments to use to avoid answering questions on The Skinny, maybe we can take credit for her dropping that swivel-head, arm-wave, over-exaggerated "we're DOIN' New York/the Beach/etc" thing she would do.

But I do think, alas, that she replaced that slack-jawed, open-eyed surprise look with something equally as ridiculous.

Cock goes where?

• Love 1
On 4/8/2018 at 7:46 PM, monagatuna said:

Oh wow, when done properly that actually looks like a really good workout!

Yeah properly done, erging (either row or ski) will kick your ass in short order. It's a hard driving workout.

22 hours ago, aliya said:

We frequently ask ourselves why don't people 'wake up' when they are 300/400 pounds. Now we see why. Why should they when they can just app their way around town?

The second you think you need to download an app to tell you whether your ass will fit into the seats at the place you want to go, that should be a wake up call itself.

21 hours ago, auntjess said:

Were you watching the show, the season when Whit demonstrated her form for that ?

Yes, yes I was. Multiple times.

6 hours ago, Emma C said:

What she does is not exercise.

5 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Never mind. I shouldn't have talked about Fight Club.

Were any of them ever ... banned from Reddit?

• Love 5

Her FB page is so ridiculous.  So many of the posts are reported or removed, following the comments are impossible.  The ones left are arguing with posts that aren’t even there.  Why wouldn’t you just eliminate all the comments....

All that is left are the “you go girl” “ignore the haterz” (sic) and the endless excuses why some people just can’t lose weight no matter what...even if they just eat lettuce and drink water.  I don’t know why she doesn’t just make her page private, so all her fans can just stroke her ego to their hearts content without having the disruption of people who don’t buy into the bullshit she is selling.  

Of course that would mean less attention and what else are her fans gonna do all day besides defend her honor.  It’s not like she really ever has anything going on in her life other than that scripted crap on TV and the cruise.  Of course that does leave plenty of free time to go through the FB posts and eliminate one by one the ones she doesn’t like.  

• Love 3

Her FB page is so ridiculous.

Agreed! I wonder if she notices that her defenders seem to have the worst grasp of the English language? They don't seem to have an original thought among the group of them. Let me see...Beautiful on the outside and on the inside, the haterz are just jealous, POS prevents weight loss (they forget about the famous 100), if you hate her why are you here...in endless rotation.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Agreed! I wonder if she notices that her defenders seem to have the worst grasp of the English language? They don't seem to have an original thought among the group of them. Let me see...Beautiful on the outside and on the inside, the haterz are just jealous, POS prevents weight loss (they forget about the famous 100), if you hate her why are you here...in endless rotation.

Haha!! So true!  When you mentioned the famous 100, it reminded me of something!  Remember Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite?  He was always living in his past HS football star days. That’s like Whitney with her Prom Princess days and her 100lbs weight loss.  “I lost 100lbs before, I already lost 100lbs, Remember when I lost 100lbs, I was Prom Princess, Remember how pretty I looked in my coral dress when I was Prom Princess!” Just like Uncle Rico! Well she does call herself Uncle Whitney! 

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 6

Alas, poor Whitney! She is complaining on instagram that she is getting many nastygrams  (directly, not posted, so don't you all go off searching for them on her SM!!) of "an accusatory nature." She says these people say her postings of her work-outs don't show the "full picture" of her alleged attempts to be healthy because she doesn't show her meal information.  "Why," all these terrible people ask, "if you work out so much, aren't you losing weight? Could it be your diet, hmmm?"

I love her response to this "attack"-by possibly non-existent "haterz." It's so typically Whitneyesque.  She begins by haughtily informing them that they will never know the "full" story, even if they watch her show, because she is filmed for over 1000 hours for each season, and the show only uses about 20% of the video.  Sure, fine, heard that before. But what does it mean with respect to your diet? Quoth Whitney, "The majority of instances anyone is shown eating are social situation, [sic] or meals had out while dining."  Sooo, is she saying that when she is not eating out (BBQ with Jenzi?)  or eating in social situation  (Fried chicken with Nada and the barnacles? Whole boxes of macaroni with cheese and mayonnaise in her mother's kitchen? Wasn't she alone then?) she is eating impeccably healthy and calorie appropriate meals? That if we got to see the other 80% of the video, it would document her healthy eating habits?

Nope. Instead she is avoiding the question, by going off on a tangent, accusing her detractors of being naïve when it comes to understanding the complex life of a television reality star. Quoth Whitney "You also never see me shower, or go to the drugstore, or brush my teeth, or feed my cats, or read a book (or WRITE a book, for that matter), or sleep—are you to believe I don’t do those things, either, just because you didn’t see them?"  Well, we've seen couple of them, as I recall. Hard to forget you howling for Buddy when you couldn't get out of the shower.  But I decline to further pursue your tangent. The question was this: "You are posting how hard you are working out, but we can see with our eyes that you don't seem to be losing any weight. So what's up with your diet?" Your non-response implies you have a whole other life where you are eating a healthy appropriate diet that we simply don't get to see.  Which I guess leads to weight loss that you are also somehow concealing from the public? Huh.

You then repeat a litany of your greatest hits, the reasons why weight loss is so difficult for you. PCOS, of course. You repeat that claim like a mantra, like saying it often enough will make it true. Sorry, but it's worn a little thin, instead. (Joke) PCOS does not cause anyone to become morbidly obese. Like insulin resistance (another of your reasons) it makes it harder to lose weight once weight is gained. It still takes a whole lot of poor eating choices to pack the weight on to that extent in the first place.  And weight loss is routinely prescribed to improve both conditions - so what's up with your current diet?

You again make much of the fact that your fabled 100 lb. weight loss was not an indication of improved diet (although you like to wave it around as proof of your success in weight loss) but the result of severely unhealthy disordered eating. I can readily believe that. But I question, as I have before, the conclusions you draw from that experience. Extreme weight loss done in an unhealthy way is not a model experience, or even a comparative experience to weight loss done in a healthy, consistent way. With proper supervision and accountability, you can lose weight without relapsing into whatever eating disorder or disorders you fear.  So what's up with your current diet?

You "typically eat no more than once or twice a day," but you are working on more regular eating habits? I doubt there is anyone in your life who believes this is the truth. (What happened to the claim that you only eat after 9:00PM? Too much documentation that it isn't so for even you to maintain?) 

Here's the thing - it  takes some work but it isn't THAT hard to establish healthy eating habits. It takes motivation, which you claim to have, but I am not so sure. You are getting a lot of positive feedback for being your size. That's hard for anyone to release, possibly in exchange for criticism. But would you rather be criticized and unhealthy or criticized and healthy?***  It's the nature of the internet that someone will be taking shots at you. 

It take willpower - real willpower. Because you are going to have to plan your meals ahead and then produce them yourself. Grocery shopping, recipe research, storage and prep work.  You will have to schedule stopping for appropriate meals at routine times.  No more fueling yourself all day on high-calorie coffee drinks, and snacks while believing this means you aren't "eating," only to overeat on junk the few occasions you consider as "meals."  Eating healthy is a big demand on your time. But it isn't intrinsically hard. You claimed to have all the willpower in the world when it came to starving yourself. Where is it now that you need it to nurture yourself?  What IS up with your current diet?

***Yeah, yeah, I know - HAES, thin people get (fill in the blank) too, fat shaming etc. etc.  I could drive a truck through the logical flaws in those arguments, but this post is already ridiculously long.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 21

It is weird that she posts all of these 30 second workout clips (and I believe that is the extent of the “working out”) yet you never see the diet portion at all.....and we all know why.

Meh...it’s just not interesting to me anymore.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Alas, poor Whitney! She is complaining on instagram that she is getting many nastygrams  (directly, not posted, so don't you all go off searching for them on her SM!!) of "an accusatory nature." She says these people say her postings of her work-outs don't show the "full picture" of her alleged attempts to be healthy because she doesn't show her meal information.  "Why," all these terrible people ask, "if you work out so much, aren't you losing weight? Could it be your diet, hmmm?"

I love her response to this "attack"-by possibly non-existent "haterz." It's so typically Whitneyesque.  She begins by haughtily informing them that they will never know the "full" story, even if they watch her show, because she is filmed for over 1000 hours for each season, and the show only uses about 20% of the video.  Sure, fine, heard that before. But what does it mean with respect to your diet? Quoth Whitney, "The majority of instances anyone is shown eating are social situation, [sic] or meals had out while dining."  Sooo, is she saying that when she is not eating out (BBQ with Jenzi?)  or eating in social situation  (Fried chicken with Nada and the barnacles? Whole boxes of macaroni with cheese and mayonnaise in her mother's kitchen? Wasn't she alone then?) she is eating impeccably healthy and calorie appropriate meals? That if we got to see the other 80% of the video, it would document her healthy eating habits?

Nope. Instead she is avoiding the question, by going off on a tangent, accusing her detractors of being naïve when it comes to understanding the complex life of a television reality star. Quoth Whitney "You also never see me shower, or go to the drugstore, or brush my teeth, or feed my cats, or read a book (or WRITE a book, for that matter), or sleep—are you to believe I don’t do those things, either, just because you didn’t see them?"  Well, we've seen couple of them, as I recall. Hard to forget you howling for Buddy when you couldn't get out of the shower.  But I decline to further pursue your tangent. The question was this: "You are posting how hard you are working out, but we can see with our eyes that you don't seem to be losing any weight. So what's up with your diet?" Your non-response implies you have a whole other life where you are eating a healthy appropriate diet that we simply don't get to see.  Which I guess leads to weight loss that you are also somehow concealing from the public? Huh.

You then repeat a litany of your greatest hits, the reasons why weight loss is so difficult for you. PCOS, of course. You repeat that claim like a mantra, like saying it often enough will make it true. Sorry, but it's worn a little thin, instead. (Joke) PCOS does not cause anyone to become morbidly obese. Like insulin resistance (another of your reasons) it makes it harder to lose weight once weight is gained. It still takes a whole lot of poor eating choices to pack the weight on to that extent in the first place.  And weight loss is routinely prescribed to improve both conditions - so what's up with your current diet?

You again make much of the fact that your fabled 100 lb. weight loss was not an indication of improved diet (although you like to wave it around as proof of your success in weight loss) but the result of severely unhealthy disordered eating. I can readily believe that. But I question, as I have before, the conclusions you draw from that experience. Extreme weight loss done in an unhealthy way is not a model experience, or even a comparative experience to weight loss done in a healthy, consistent way. With proper supervision and accountability, you can lose weight without relapsing into whatever eating disorder or disorders you fear.  So what's up with your current diet?

You "typically eat no more than once or twice a day," but you are working on more regular eating habits? I doubt there is anyone in your life who believes this is the truth. (What happened to the claim that you only eat after 9:00PM? Too much documentation that it isn't so for even you to maintain?) 

Here's the thing - it  takes some work but it isn't THAT hard to establish healthy eating habits. It takes motivation, which you claim to have, but I am not so sure. You are getting a lot of positive feedback for being your size. That's hard for anyone to release, possibly in exchange for criticism. But would you rather be criticized and unhealthy or criticized and healthy?***  It's the nature of the internet that someone will be taking shots at you. 

It take willpower - real willpower. Because you are going to have to plan your meals ahead and then produce them yourself. Grocery shopping, recipe research, storage and prep work.  You will have to schedule stopping for appropriate meals at routine times.  No more fueling yourself all day on high-calorie coffee drinks, and snacks while believing this means you aren't "eating," only to overeat on junk the few occasions you consider as "meals."  Eating healthy is a big demand on your time. But it isn't intrinsically hard. You claimed to have all the willpower in the world when it came to starving yourself. Where is it now that you need it to nurture yourself?  What IS up with your current diet?

***Yeah, yeah, I know - HAES, thin people get (fill in the blank) too, fat shaming etc. etc.  I could drive a truck through the logical flaws in those arguments, but this post is already ridiculously long.

Great post Ketzel! I agree and believe 2 things are going on with her eating habits. A) She has a major food addiction and doesn’t want to eat healthy 2) She so super lazy and doesn’t want to take the time to go out and buy healthy food and then take time to prepare healthy meals.   

PS.  I’m so sick of her PCOS excuse.  She lies so much that she can’t keep her stories straight! Her story is that she was always in shape until she went to college and put on 100lbs and found out it was from PCOS. We all know this is complete crap. From her own big mouth, she said when she was in 3rd grade that they sang the baby beluga song to her. Then she said another time in grammar school that she overheard girls in the bathroom making fun of her.  So Twitney which is it? Did you always struggle with your weight because you’ve had a life long addiction to food OR is it PCOS? Most people know the PCOS excuse is just that, an excuse.  The only people that agree with her are people who are just like her, morbidly obese and full of excuses! They want to be able to eat and eat while believing the healthy at any size BS! Remember in Season 1 when she “dramatically” went missing for 2 hours and Buddy found her in a parking lot eating out of a TUB of Ice Cream. But it’s PCOS and all her other excuses that she’s 400lbs! 

“I do not have a food addiction” Twitney

3F929B45-48F0-403E-8B4F-5F08A3661BDD.jpeg

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

The show page is run by TLC, try that one.

Meh...I honestly don’t care enough to get into hours long pissing contests with the self appointed defenders of all the assorted excuses there are for being morbidly obese.  

If you read long enough you will notice the same names pop up repeatedly on both sides of the issue.

I find it a bit unhinged that anyone (on both sides) spends that much time on a show FB page repeating the same thing over and over dozens of time arguing and bickering with each other.  

Maybe they feel powerless in real life and FB is the only place where they can tell someone who is calling them fat to eff off.....no idea.  I don’t get the impression that they are particularly happy.  There is nothing I’m going to say that will change anyone’s mind.

I’m also not interested in having these people hounding me via messenger or whatever.  

I know there have been harassment issues in the past.

Edited by SouthernCross
  • Love 4

Excellent commentary on Twit's latest FB screed, @Ketzel. Instead of pointing out all the routine things she does all day, she could have spent a lot less time -- and words -- answering the Q: what do you eat since you are exercising but not losing wgt?

Of course, she will NEVER confess to all those fraps & "snackies" she ingests all day long. Really, Twit! Have you ever done a live video in your car -- favored location -- without a huge Starbucks cup grasped in one hand?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Alas, poor Whitney! She is complaining on instagram that she is getting many nastygrams  (directly, not posted, so don't you all go off searching for them on her SM!!) of "an accusatory nature."

Isn't it funny how often people claim to be getting harassed like this, but it always seems to be through private messages? In the indie author world we had some drama a couple of weeks ago with a cover designer having a breakdown. Apparently, "more than 80 people" (her words, not mine) harassed her and sent her nasty messages over a particular issue. 80 people harassed her through PMs yet not a single person wrote on her wall, commented anything negative, etc? I mean, I get nasty messages pretty frequently but I also get a fair amount of nasty comments, too. Statistically, some of that shit needs to be spread around. 

Anyhoo...

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Isn't it funny how often people claim to be getting harassed like this, but it always seems to be through private messages? In the indie author world we had some drama a couple of weeks ago with a cover designer having a breakdown. Apparently, "more than 80 people" (her words, not mine) harassed her and sent her nasty messages over a particular issue. 80 people harassed her through PMs yet not a single person wrote on her wall, commented anything negative, etc? I mean, I get nasty messages pretty frequently but I also get a fair amount of nasty comments, too. Statistically, some of that shit needs to be spread around. 

Anyhoo...

I was wondering about that too. I think it’s a combination of things. She certainly exaggerates her criticisms, both the number and the content. She also immediately deletes any remotely negative comments on FB. I actually find that to be the most interesting part. If she is really getting lots of death threats and cruel posts, she’d get a lot more sympathy if she left them there for people to see. I think what she gets is legitimate questions confronting her lies and inconsistencies and constructive advice as to how to improve her health. She doesn’t want people to see that or face the reality that they are right, so she deletes them. Then because no one can see the actual comment, she can claim it is as cruel as she wants. No one can say ‘hey that isn’t meant to be mean. That person was trying to help you’. 

• Love 3