Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

There's that part where she lays there on her back doing nothing but breathing. I also observed three times when she was in danger of popping out of her bra on the left side and she took a moment to adjust accordingly.

I’ve been wondering about these sport “bras”. They are basically t-shirt bras which really don’t provide support for anyone over a B cup. I know lots of companies make real bras for larger women. Is she just too big for a bra with an actual support system? I can’t even imagine what her boobs must weight. Her back must hate her. 

• Love 4
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

I’ve been wondering about these sport “bras”. They are basically t-shirt bras which really don’t provide support for anyone over a B cup. I know lots of companies make real bras for larger women. Is she just too big for a bra with an actual support system? I can’t even imagine what her boobs must weight. Her back must hate her. 

I think she's proportionally much larger on the lower half.  I don't think her boobs are "that" big for a woman her size.  Her body is too busy trying to function while dealing with her massive waist, hips, and thighs . . . so the boobs are lower in the list of things that hurt.

When I was larger, I was built a lot like Twitney.  My breasts didn't cause any back issues.  But when I lost 140 pounds, they became proportionally larger compared to the rest of my body, and that's when I started having upper back and shoulder issues.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tdanaher said:

I don't know how fast the original video was when sped up, but when I slowed it down, I specified it should be at I think 25% of the original, maybe 10%. I'll check. What I can do is, we all have a pretty good sense of what Whit's general, oh, how can it be put, "cruising speed" is. You know, how fast she tends to move generally. I'll see if I can figure out a percentage that comes near to her general speed, and see what the video yields then.

Edited to add: Okay, original video was what it was, my revised original was 25% of that, I'm about to post a version at 12% of her original IG posted speed, seems to be close to what you would have seen live in the gym. For comparison, the video posted previously by cherenkov of the guy from Scott Herman Fitness has him, at full speed, doing a burpee in about two seconds. In this revised Whit video, it takes her about fifteen seconds.

Thank you!!!!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think she's proportionally much larger on the lower half.  I don't think her boobs are "that" big for a woman her size.  Her body is too busy trying to function while dealing with her massive waist, hips, and thighs . . . so the boobs are lower in the list of things that hurt.

When I was larger, I was built a lot like Twitney.  My breasts didn't cause any back issues.  But when I lost 140 pounds, they became proportionally larger compared to the rest of my body, and that's when I started having upper back and shoulder issues.  

I would still like to see her wear some kind of supportive, real bra that holds the girls in place. 

Scratch that - I’d like to stop seeing her bra all together. PUT ON A SHIRT!!!!

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

There are sports bras with different levels of support and compression and they come in a lot of different sizes. I have lots of medium-high impact ones so that everything stays contained when I run. The thing is, those quality bras are expensive and would be even more expensive in what is most definitely a very unusual size. So she's wearing something that doesn't fit and isn't supportive because she could get it "cheap".

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

There are sports bras with different levels of support and compression and they come in a lot of different sizes. I have lots of medium-high impact ones so that everything stays contained when I run. The thing is, those quality bras are expensive and would be even more expensive in what is most definitely a very unusual size. So she's wearing something that doesn't fit and isn't supportive because she could get it "cheap".

Yea I’ve paid a pretty penny for high impact sport bras over the years for my gymnast daughter.  I wasn’t sure if they made them for someone Twit’s size. You would think she could afford an expensive bra since she doesn’t spend any money on shirts LOL

• Love 8

What's really weird is that, based on how frequently Whitney shills for Torrid or Lane Bryant, I am guessing she gets free clothes from them (at least sometimes). I'm surprised no company has sent her decent sports bras, considering they'd surely get tons of air time. As repellent as Whitney is, she has a large following of large women who would buy anything she says to buy, and you would think any company that makes enormous brassieres would be all over it. 

• Love 10

Twit also is pushing off of the wall with her hands and feet for a extra monentum. Watch how she even scoots up closer to the wall at one point to get her feet  to touch the wall. 

And, ahem, NO FUCKING SHOES!!! 

Her blubbering about plantar fasciitis on the 8k was such a hoax.  Twit is all about the BS. 

• Love 10

Here's a thing to know about Whit. Ever since her first episodes, and very much in evidence on her social media postings outside of the show, Whit has made it clear that she's a Sprinter. By that I mean she's someone who, when endeavoring to prove that she has Ability and Skill to do whatever she's doing, she will definitely go ALL OUT...initially, for like a minute. This has always been true and will always be true. Look at any of her dance videos, exercise, stunts like the hikes, stair climbing, all of it, even from the first posting of Fat Girl Dancing. She leverages the concept of "Oh, but you only see what the camera shows" into only doing what the camera can see, and no more. So even if we see her "working out" in these exercise videos, I'm certain that the bulk of the workout is indeed what you see, and barely more than that.

Edited by tdanaher
Spelling
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

What's really weird is that, based on how frequently Whitney shills for Torrid or Lane Bryant, I am guessing she gets free clothes from them (at least sometimes). I'm surprised no company has sent her decent sports bras, considering they'd surely get tons of air time. As repellent as Whitney is, she has a large following of large women who would buy anything she says to buy, and you would think any company that makes enormous brassieres would be all over it. 

I did a quick check on both Lane Bryant and Torrid. They both sell sports bras. LB maxes out at 48 and Torrid at 50. It's possible they sell some bigger but I checked several from each site. I checked Soma as well since they have a lot of sizes and they seem to stop at 46. I don't know if 48 or 50 would be big enough for Whit. If it is, I think it's possible she doesn't wear these bras because even though they are sports bras, they look like bras. They have hooks in the back because someone that big needs support. I didn't see any in larger sizes that are just the pull over the head/jog bra type. So it's possible that somewhere deep inside she knows that putting on a bra that would fix her and help support her girls would really look like she's just wearing a bra so instead she chooses the clothing of a much smaller, in-shape woman an pretends it's appropriate for her. Maybe she thinks we will say 'oh look - workout wear' instead of 'oh look - she is wearing a totally inappropriate bra and no shirt again'. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I did a quick check on both Lane Bryant and Torrid. They both sell sports bras. LB maxes out at 48 and Torrid at 50. It's possible they sell some bigger but I checked several from each site. I checked Soma as well since they have a lot of sizes and they seem to stop at 46. I don't know if 48 or 50 would be big enough for Whit. If it is, I think it's possible she doesn't wear these bras because even though they are sports bras, they look like bras. They have hooks in the back because someone that big needs support. I didn't see any in larger sizes that are just the pull over the head/jog bra type. So it's possible that somewhere deep inside she knows that putting on a bra that would fix her and help support her girls would really look like she's just wearing a bra so instead she chooses the clothing of a much smaller, in-shape woman an pretends it's appropriate for her. Maybe she thinks we will say 'oh look - workout wear' instead of 'oh look - she is wearing a totally inappropriate bra and no shirt again'. 

Another reason is that I sincerely doubt that she can reach her back to hook on a real bra. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, mybuddyspence said:

Wow, that's how we teach people to do steps immediately after hip and knee replacements. I guess the 2 years of practice will make the eventual joint replacement surgery go much smoother. 

Yeah, but did you do it without having to use the counter for support? :)

Well, my counter is a real asshole so it gave me no support (physically or emotionally), but the toaster cheered me on while the potholder did open the dishwasher door for me.  I left that part out because I didn’t want the potholder to get any credit and possibly a free cruise.  My potholder is great until it tries to outshine me!  Much like Whitney’s friends they are only useful while making her shine.  If they try to make something happen for themselves Todd (BGDC, FITNESS MARSHALL), Maddie (pitching a trans shows), Roy (trying to just be a decent human being), they are thrown under the bus by big Whit.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Fixed that for ya!

Thank you for the vomit that just about escaped me.

2 hours ago, Tosia said:

Another reason is that I sincerely doubt that she can reach her back to hook on a real bra. 

There's no way. She can't shave her own legs, wipe her own ass, wash her own crotch. She's certainly not reaching the middle of her back to hook a bra.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Thank you for the vomit that just about escaped me.

There's no way. She can't shave her own legs, wipe her own ass, wash her own crotch. She's certainly not reaching the middle of her back to hook a bra.

And yet, these aren't enough clues for her to maybe lose some weight. Because her life is so fab.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Well, my counter is a real asshole so it gave me no support (physically or emotionally), but the toaster cheered me on while the potholder did open the dishwasher door for me.  I left that part out because I didn’t want the potholder to get any credit and possibly a free cruise.  My potholder is great until it tries to outshine me!  Much like Whitney’s friends they are only useful while making her shine.  If they try to make something happen for themselves Todd (BGDC, FITNESS MARSHALL), Maddie (pitching a trans shows), Roy (trying to just be a decent human being), they are thrown under the bus by big Whit.

Lmao!!!!

7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I have had a few amazing sports bras and I'm a chesty gal. Nothing moves but they are a real bitch to get in and out of.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, AliM said:

These parents of hers...how were they talked into this embarrassment?  Just how much money are they making off of this?

I'm starting to feel bad for Glenn. He seems so over these half-assed storylines.

• Love 10

I'm starting to feel bad for Glenn. He seems so over these half-assed storylines.

I don't. He was on my nerves right off the bat with his constant prattling about how his princess needs to find a "mayunnnnnn" before she can have children and be a worthwhile human being. Then he calls himself "old fashioned" to try to make it seem ok. 

Shut up Glenn.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AliM said:

These parents of hers...how were they talked into this embarrassment?  Just how much money are they making off of this?

They don't live like they need the money. I'm guessing Babs likes the attention and Glenn was willing to do anything to have Whitney  out of their house and gainfully employed. But I'm not sure they realized just how far their giant baby would go to embarrass herself and them to keep the show going.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 11
On 3/19/2018 at 11:00 AM, 3girlsforus said:

I would also say that the author of that editorial didn’t do his homework. I don’t know about every “boutique” gym but since he mentioned CrossFit, I do know the rules for the majority of them in this area (DC - where WashPost is). They have an intro program that everyone, regardless of fitness, is required to take. At the end of the class you are required to show proficiency or you can’t join the main program.  You are welcome to continue in the intro course for as long as you want. I haven’t done it myself but I know a few who have and they all say the need to show proficiency was taken very seriously. So while ‘newbies’ are welcome, welcome doesn’t mean come in and do whatever you want. I don’t see any problem with that. They shouldn’t change the program so anyone can do it all from the start. What would be the point of that? Why would anyone join a gym that isn’t going to challenge and improve you? Heck, if you aren’t in shape enough to pass the proficiency, then the intro class is probably challenging to you. If you don’t like feeling like low fitness man on the totem pole then as Clarewalks says - there are a LOT of other options. 

I belong to a lovely boutique gym Get In Shape For Women. My pals in class are older ladies of varying fitness levels. The trainers have four of us in class and are able to work around bad knees, training for marathons, 40 extra pounds, etc. Its awesome. They love my fat butt in there and I have improved by strength and balance considerably. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't. He was on my nerves right off the bat with his constant prattling about how his princess needs to find a "mayunnnnnn" before she can have children and be a worthwhile human being. Then he calls himself "old fashioned" to try to make it seem ok. 

Shut up Glenn.

Pretty sure Glenn has been encouraged to become more hated because PMG and TLC both recognize that Shitney is not the hero of this show and they're trying literally anything to get her some sympathy these days.

Having Glenn play the old-fashioned sexist who just can't wait to get his daughter married off is supposed to push the intersectional feminist body-positive SJW buttons.

6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I belong to a lovely boutique gym Get In Shape For Women. My pals in class are older ladies of varying fitness levels. The trainers have four of us in class and are able to work around bad knees, training for marathons, 40 extra pounds, etc. Its awesome. They love my fat butt in there and I have improved by strength and balance considerably. 

Right. That editorial was nothing but excuse making - and if it wasn't "but I can't find a fitness class led by someone who looks exactly like me it would be some other excuse. Because these are people who want to look like they want to work out, not people who actually want to work out. If you're really motivated to work out, you'll throw on any old rags and find a YouTube video to follow in your own living room. They want to be seen making a token effort and praised for it.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Pretty sure Glenn has been encouraged to become more hated because PMG and TLC both recognize that Shitney is not the hero of this show and they're trying literally anything to get her some sympathy these days.

Having Glenn play the old-fashioned sexist who just can't wait to get his daughter married off is supposed to push the intersectional feminist body-positive SJW buttons.

I agree. While I don’t doubt he’d like to see her married, the comment he made that sounded the most truthful rather than a line he was told to say was at the ballon fest and the TH right after when he said he didn’t think Whitney was ready for a baby. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I agree. While I don’t doubt he’d like to see her married, the comment he made that sounded the most truthful rather than a line he was told to say was at the ballon fest and the TH right after when he said he didn’t think Whitney was ready for a baby. 

He probably wants to see her and Hunter get married, and live their own lives, and possibly have some kids of their own. Normal things that parents wish for their children.

The ramping up he's done recently on the cat lady comments seems super scripted by PMG and TLC. I agree with you about that comment. That seemed very genuine.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

He probably wants to see her and Hunter get married, and live their own lives, and possibly have some kids of their own. Normal things that parents wish for their children.

The ramping up he's done recently on the cat lady comments seems super scripted by PMG and TLC. I agree with you about that comment. That seemed very genuine.

I agree. My dad (and mom) would have reacted the same way if I was in my 30's with a questionable "career".  By that age, I would have been expected to have my shit together. Not having any kids of my own was a conscious decision and I struggled with it, But I was single, moved around quite a bit, established a career and living a pretty selfish lifestyle. I probably wouldn't have had the patience or maturity to deal with parenthood at the time.  By the time I did get my shit together, I was older and, frankly, enjoying my child-free life. Fortunately I get my "kid fix" by spoiling the hell out of my nieces and nephews!

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

I agree. My dad (and mom) would have reacted the same way if I was in my 30's with a questionable "career".  By that age, I would have been expected to have my shit together. Not having any kids of my own was a conscious decision and I struggled with it, But I was single, moved around quite a bit, established a career and living a pretty selfish lifestyle. I probably wouldn't have had the patience or maturity to deal with parenthood at the time.  By the time I did get my shit together, I was older and, frankly, enjoying my child-free life. Fortunately I get my "kid fix" by spoiling the hell out of my nieces and nephews!

My parents would probably love to see me be married, they might like grandchildren, but that's not the life I chose for myself. They are happy that I have an actual career, cars, motorcycles and a house I bought myself (no cosigning of loans), an active schedule of endurance athletics, I travel the world (on my own dime) and am childfree. They're thrilled for me.

Glenn the real person seems like he just want his kids to be functional, happy adults.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

My parents would probably love to see me be married, they might like grandchildren, but that's not the life I chose for myself. They are happy that I have an actual career, cars, motorcycles and a house I bought myself (no cosigning of loans), an active schedule of endurance athletics, I travel the world (on my own dime) and am childfree. They're thrilled for me.

Glenn the real person seems like he just want his kids to be functional, happy adults.

I agree. My parents feel the same way. It may have taken them awhile to come to terms with it, but they're happy to know that they've raised a few well-adjusted kids. In the past, my mom has said she envied the choices modern women have. My response was to tell her that I admired the tough choices she made (giving up her nursing career to raise 3 small children).   

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Shut up Glenn.

I think it less about him being old fashioned and more about him implying that there is no way she is capable of being a single mother. Can't even take care of herself. She absolutely would need some sort of partner- even if its a Donna type caretaker ...

I think he was using that to nicely say " you cannot be a mother on your own"

Plenty of women can - just not Whitney. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 14

I never wanted kids.  My mother would have loved grandchildren, but they weren't coming from me.  While my mother couldn't understand that sentiment she did accept it.

I don't recall  Whitney has ever said she didn't want kids.  She occasionally says that she does.  That may have been incentive for some of Glenn's comments about settling down and giving him grandkids.  Maybe Hunter has said he doesn't want kids and that's why we don't hear Glenn badgering Hunter for grandkids.

• Love 3

It worked.

I think it less about him being old fashioned

He described himself that way...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

the comment [Glenn] made that sounded the most truthful rather than a line he was told to say was at the ballon fest and the TH right after when he said he didn’t think Whitney was ready for a baby. 

What was the comment?

21 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think she's proportionally much larger on the lower half.  I don't think her boobs are "that" big for a woman her size.

Yes, I agree! When I'm 40 lbs less I was at largest a small B, but now I'm a D. I think she's fairly small in the bust dept -- that's an unfortunate look for morbidly obese women. There are sports bras with front closures, even some with a front vertical zipper. I double-bag my boobage for any sporty activities and ALWAYS wear a shirt over.

And apropos this subject, how can we get more women designing speed bumps? Ouch.

Edited by Maricopa
  • Love 3

Thanks to all who posted while watching the trainwreck last night. That episode sounds really depressing and disturbing and I'm not  sorry to have missed it.  Taunting Babs with the pet's remains is so cruel. I recall Whitney having great sport laughing at the funeral service for one of Bab's dogs in one of the early seasons. Back when the three Thores pressured Babs to send her pet to the farm Babs said something like, "You can't just send a family member away." I'm guessing she might wish she could do just that.

• Love 6

Whitney’s latest FB post to try to convince us she’s not nuts. 

http://www.cats.club/cat-huffing-its-a-thing/

I am convinced her whining on the Tell All preview that people want her dead and think she has no value is in response to this forum. Since we know you are reading this - no one wants you dead. We want you to get a clue and stop pretending that you are some healthy wonderful person who happens to be plump. We want you to admit you are heading toward an early grave. We want you to stop bulldozing your friends and family for your own selfish purposes. 

Oh and the definition of supportive is not ‘agree with everything I say and do’

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 19
52 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Yes, I agree! When I'm 40 lbs less I was at largest a small B, but now I'm a D. I think she's fairly small in the bust dept -- that's an unfortunate look for morbidly obese women. There are sports bras with front closures, even some with a front vertical zipper. I double-bag my boobage for any sporty activities and ALWAYS wear a shirt over.

And apropos this subject, how can we get more women designing speed bumps? Ouch.

Playtex has several reasonably priced front-opening bra options.  I won't wear anything else.  One great thing is that they usually have better posture support for the back, as the wearer isn't stuck with a 2-inch wide band of hooks and eyes.

Back-closure bras were invented by men who hate women.  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Whitney’s latest FB post to try to convince us she’s not nuts. 

http://www.cats.club/cat-huffing-its-a-thing/

I am convinced her whining on the Tell All preview that people want her dead and think she has no value is in response to this forum. Since we know you are reading this - no one wants you dead. We want you to get a clue and stop pretending that you are some healthy wonderful person who happens to be plump. We want you to admit you are heading toward an early grave. We want you to stop bulldozing your friends and family for your own selfish purposes. 

Oh and the definition of supportive is not ‘agree with everything I say and do’

People have tried to nicely help her.

That doesn't work.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Playtex has several reasonably priced front-opening bra options.  I won't wear anything else.  One great thing is that they usually have better posture support for the back, as the wearer isn't stuck with a 2-inch wide band of hooks and eyes.

Back-closure bras were invented by men who hate women.  

Add panty hose to that list. Do women even wear hose anymore? Yes, I'm old and out of it when it comes to fashion.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:
So, Tal's dad died. While that's sad, she somehow made it ALL ABOUT HER. "I hadn't seen Mr. Fish in years..." ..."We’ll see y’all later! ?"

Ugh.

And this surprises us . . . how?

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

Add panty hose to that list. Do women even wear hose anymore? Yes, I'm old and out of it when it comes to fashion.

Well according to Stacey and Clinton women don’t anymore LOL. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Well according to Stacey and Clinton women don’t anymore LOL. 

I moved from the east coast to California in 2007, and it was so hard for me to get used to not wearing stockings. I will wear tights now if it's cold, but no more stockings. I could probably get used to wearing them if I had to, but I haven't bought them in over a decade and probably never will again.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And this surprises us . . . how?

How hard would it have been to just say that Tal's father died and that her thoughts and sympathies are with Tal and his family. That's it. That's all you need to say. Not a huge paragraph hash-tagging your own TV show.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Playtex has several reasonably priced front-opening bra options. 

I know the guy who invented the Cross-Your-Heart bra, Ron Salmons. LOL. He's quite old now and has become and 80+ actor but lives nearby. I will make sure his wife makes him try on one of these torture devices and wear it for hours. Also, how about when one of the hooks gets bent and sticks into your back? But yes, a big vote for front closure. My fave one is made by Danskin, is thick but breathable neoprene-wetsuit-type fabric, and keeps everything in its intended spot with its front zipper. It's quite fabulous.

This said, I was going into a business meeting several years ago, had only hooked one of the two hooks on a regular bra, and the thing popped off. That was difficult to remedy. I think I feigned a coughing attack.

Edited by Maricopa
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, thebigboot said:

So if you haven’t seen, Tal’s dad died last night. Twit still managed to make it all about her. After everything she’s pulled and now this, there is no redeeming qualities about her. I’m sorry.

BD9C4B73-5753-41E8-9D2E-FE9C40AEEB17.jpeg

I very much hope that Tal asked her to go with him to visit his father. Or that his father asked him to bring Whitney.  Why he would, I don't know, but I am very much hoping that, after not seeing "Mr. Fish in years," she didn't invite herself to his deathbed.  If so, this is an order of magnitude worse, in terms of clueless intrusiveness,  than deciding you had to be the one to tell Buddy's parents he was an addict, or deciding you had to be the one to manage Heather's breakup.

• Love 7