Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Thanks for posting that! God, Megyn kissed her ass so much. Whitney flat-out lied when she claimed she wouldn't encourage anyone to stay fat, because she has told her fans that she "doesn't congratulate intentional weight loss." Obviously she doesn't like it when people around her lose weight.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

OK now I remember what happened when I was watching that the first time. Millions of my brain cells cried out in terror and were snuffed out. Now, on the bell curve of intelligence, I'm walking in the valley of the damned.

Heh. You notice I didn't comment on it. That's because I didn't watch it.

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I see they're still calling her TEDx bullshit a "TED Talk." :eyeroll:

That irritated the hell out of me. Megyn referred to Twit's "TED talk" THREE times. As if Twit could be allowed anywhere near any platform except TEDx.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

That irritated the hell out of me. Megyn referred to Twit's "TED talk" THREE times. As if Twit could be allowed anywhere near any platform except TEDx.

I clueless what’s the difference between Tedx and Ted talks?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I clueless what’s the difference between Tedx and Ted talks?

This has been described in depth several times in this thread. You could look thru the posts to find that discussion or -- easier -- read about the dif in Wikipedia. Briefly TED is legit & speakers are renown experts in the fields of tech, entertainment & design. TEDx is TED for Dummies & anyone can be a speaker.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So Megan obviously watched the first 2 episodes from season 1.  They are making me hate this word but . . . . . Shame!  Megan - know what you are talking about before you encourage this crap.  

Also - a gay guy from Lebanon where he could be arrested or killed for being gay - yet feels better about himself for watching this nonsense?  I'm not buying what she's selling here.

Edited by princelina
  • Love 6

So we draw a lot of parallels between this show and My 600 Pound Life, but I found the description for the episode airing in 2 weeks particularly made me think of Whitney.

A former plus-size model and "big is beautiful" advocate, Renee now realizes the mortal mistakes she has made as her weight swells to 600 pounds and her health deteriorates...

• Love 15
11 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I see they're still calling her TEDx bullshit a "TED Talk." :eyeroll:

That thing was bullshit, but TED made a huge mistake attaching its brand to these add on talks by people like her. The people running TED should've been smart enough to know that the general public will see "TED" on there, ignore the "x" and equate it all. I've actually had people tell me to stop being pedantic when I have pointed out that TEDx is not TED.

The general public thinks they're the same thing - which means Whitney has another platform for spreading her vile brand of bullshit.

• Love 7
On 3/6/2018 at 4:47 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I think any journalist would hate the prospect of interviewing Whit. If she calls her on her crap she will be accused of fat shaming. If she just lets Whit tell her “story” as is, she’ll be enabling the crap. 

I agree, and that's why I give public figures some leeway on this.  There are so many special interest groups representing all categories of "victim" that you really can't afford to take a stance against anything not on the predesignated list of things it's okay to dislike.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Since this is spoilers thread, just trying to see what the sad news is from next week previews.  Anyone know?

Sunny, I don't think anyone really knows, but we all suspect, sadly, that Alistair the pig has died.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Thrifty said:

I agree, and that's why I give public figures some leeway on this.  There are so many special interest groups representing all categories of "victim" that you really can't afford to take a stance against anything not on the predesignated list of things it's okay to dislike.

Any time Whitney opens her mouth about being a "victim" my head nearly explodes. A victim of what? Overeating? I don't dislike her because she' s fat, I dislike her because she is never forthcoming about her reality. PCOS did not make her 400 lb. Every word that comes out of her mouth is an excuse. So she likes to eat, just own it! I'd respect that more than her excuses!

• Love 15
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Any time Whitney opens her mouth about being a "victim" my head nearly explodes. A victim of what? Overeating? I don't dislike her because she' s fat, I dislike her because she is never forthcoming about her reality. PCOS did not make her 400 lb. Every word that comes out of her mouth is an excuse. So she likes to eat, just own it! I'd respect that more than her excuses!

The public figure she was referring to was Megan Kelly who had the unenviable task of interviewing Whitney. Someone who has to interview a person like Whitney is stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she comes down on Whit for her crap she’ll be labeled a fat shamer. If she doesn’t she’s called an enabler. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think her purported victimization is fat shaming.

2 hours ago, jennylauren123 said:

Sunny, I don't think anyone really knows, but we all suspect, sadly, that Alistair the pig has died.

That makes a lot of sense, because the death of a beloved pet can evoke strong emotions which can, and obviously did, make for a very good teaser.  At the same time it's not something so serious that it would be a major bummer for the average viewer.

4 hours ago, cherenkov said:

That thing was bullshit, but TED made a huge mistake attaching its brand to these add on talks by people like her. The people running TED should've been smart enough to know that the general public will see "TED" on there, ignore the "x" and equate it all. I've actually had people tell me to stop being pedantic when I have pointed out that TEDx is not TED.

The general public thinks they're the same thing - which means Whitney has another platform for spreading her vile brand of bullshit.

I completely agree. The TED moniker lends legitimacy to literally anyone who thinks they have something important to say. I hope someone in marketing at TED got their ass handed to them for that move.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I don't dislike her because she' s fat, I dislike her because she is never forthcoming about her reality.

"I don't like cake."

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

• Love 13
(edited)

Anyone else think Whitney will either 1) ask to smell the dead pig's carcass, or 2) ask to BBQ it? Anyone? I know I'm going to hell but I just wouldn't put it past Whit. She asks to smell absolutely EVERYTHING. She probably follows people into the bathroom. (Posting in this thread because, technically, this is "speculation")

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I completely agree. The TED moniker lends legitimacy to literally anyone who thinks they have something important to say. I hope someone in marketing at TED got their ass handed to them for that move.

The TEDx-es are franchises that can be purchased. It's not the worst business move in the world...earns the franchisees a fortune as people pay handsomely to attend.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2018 at 4:22 AM, Sasha888 said:

She seriously made a BANANA MAYO sandwich? That sounds disgusting! Really?

That's almost as bad as my Dad and his "Brown Sugar Sandwiches". White bread, a bunch of butter, and brown sugar. As a treat after work, before dinner. I should add that he was incredibly skinny his whole life and never developed diabetes or weighed more than like 140 lbs (6 feet tall) his whole life. If I could figure out how to have inherited his metabolism instead of my Mom's, believe me, I would have.

He was also a big fan of the Fluffer Nutter (peanut butter marshmallow creme sandwiches).

But the banana-mayo sandwich is a new one on me.

As kids, my mom made us "white sugar sandwiches", and she'd have corn syrup on toast!  How we were never T2 diabetics, I don't know. 

My Big Fat BUTT Life- Classic!!

• Love 2

I don't know if you guys can stand to watch actual episodes anymore (wouldn't blame you a bit if you can't!) but her new thing she's latching onto is that she & Todd need to take Big Girls Dance Class on the road. She wants to tour like The Fitness Marshall guy.

To me this is just another sign off how totally narcissistic she is - and how clueless she thinks viewers are. You couldn't TOUR with the FM guy because you were so NEEDED at home, remember? And so homesick? Not because you couldn't actually do the workouts with him....needed so badly at home, homesick, etc. Now all that's changed?

But maybe the bigger question I'm thinking of right now is how freaking delusional can you get? Right now you have a FAKE dance class and it appears that your 'students' are paid to participate in the class so there is SOMETHING in your life to film (or they are at least offered "the chance to be on tv")...at any rate many of us believe it's a fake class.

In a real class, clients pay YOU to be a part of the class. They don't have to be paid or bribed to take part in a fake class for tv...so forgive me but I'm failing to see how this translates into a "tour". 

Who the hell would pay this woman for dance or fitness instruction???

Let me rephrase that...who the hell IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would pay this woman for dance or fitness instruction?

If I paid for a dance class, I'd be pretty pissed when all the instructor did was stand in one place and wave her arms around a little bit.

Two seats for Twit per flight would get expensive mighty quickly. I'd love it if she jumped at this idea, actually did it, and it was filmed with 2 or 3 people showing up in each city. I think she really expects hundreds of people per location would be fighting to get into her "dance class".

I don't see it happening, Sweatney.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I don't know if you guys can stand to watch actual episodes anymore (wouldn't blame you a bit if you can't!) but her new thing she's latching onto is that she & Todd need to take Big Girls Dance Class on the road. She wants to tour like The Fitness Marshall guy.

To me this is just another sign off how totally narcissistic she is - and how clueless she thinks viewers are. You couldn't TOUR with the FM guy because you were so NEEDED at home, remember? And so homesick? Not because you couldn't actually do the workouts with him....needed so badly at home, homesick, etc. Now all that's changed?

But maybe the bigger question I'm thinking of right now is how freaking delusional can you get? Right now you have a FAKE dance class and it appears that your 'students' are paid to participate in the class so there is SOMETHING in your life to film (or they are at least offered "the chance to be on tv")...at any rate many of us believe it's a fake class.

In a real class, clients pay YOU to be a part of the class. They don't have to be paid or bribed to take part in a fake class for tv...so forgive me but I'm failing to see how this translates into a "tour". 

Who the hell would pay this woman for dance or fitness instruction???

Let me rephrase that...who the hell IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would pay this woman for dance or fitness instruction?

If I paid for a dance class, I'd be pretty pissed when all the instructor did was stand in one place and wave her arms around a little bit.

Two seats for Twit per flight would get expensive mighty quickly. I'd love it if she jumped at this idea, actually did it, and it was filmed with 2 or 3 people showing up in each city. I think she really expects hundreds of people per location would be fighting to get into her "dance class".

I don't see it happening, Sweatney.

Her latest delusions don't surprise me and honestly, it's getting boring. 

The thing is, I think she believes her delusions. Then when she fails or struggles, she wonders how come she couldn't do this/that or why it was so hard (like the 8k) and excuses begin to be made. The fact that she can't answer her own questions or face her actual reality has left me sick of seeing the same shit every episode. I stopped watching but still follow the comments here. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 6

An opinion based on occasional views of her Facebook fan page:  There are a whole lot of people out there who LUV Whitney because she's such an inspiration, but they can't cruise with her because they can't afford to pay for two seats on a plane in addition to the cruise fare.

THOSE are the people who would scrape together enough money to go to one of those BGDC sessions nearer their home.  They would get to be in the hallowed presence of WHITNEY WAY THORE; they could slobber her with enough adoration that she wouldn't need anyone to apply chub rub lotion to her.  And yet, TODD would be there in case she needs someone to reach her body parts that are no longer accessible to her.  Her sycophants don't want regular workouts, so a one-shot session is just perfect for them.

It's the first smart marketing move Twitney has ever done.  She'll spend half the time of each class talking (because no one loves the sound of her voice and braying more than Twitney).  Then there will be a few minutes of arm waving and butt shaking that will be the sum total of the "dancing" she advertised.  Even Twitney won't break a sweat or get out of breath.

And Glenn and Babs will rejoice because they'll have some peace and quiet.  

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

An opinion based on occasional views of her Facebook fan page:  There are a whole lot of people out there who LUV Whitney because she's such an inspiration, but they can't cruise with her because they can't afford to pay for two seats on a plane in addition to the cruise fare.

THOSE are the people who would scrape together enough money to go to one of those BGDC sessions nearer their home.  They would get to be in the hallowed presence of WHITNEY WAY THORE; they could slobber her with enough adoration that she wouldn't need anyone to apply chub rub lotion to her.  And yet, TODD would be there in case she needs someone to reach her body parts that are no longer accessible to her.  Her sycophants don't want regular workouts, so a one-shot session is just perfect for them.

It's the first smart marketing move Twitney has ever done.  She'll spend half the time of each class talking (because no one loves the sound of her voice and braying more than Twitney).  Then there will be a few minutes of arm waving and butt shaking that will be the sum total of the "dancing" she advertised.  Even Twitney won't break a sweat or get out of breath.

This is an excellent point. And if it gets some peace and quiet for Glen and Babs, then I hope she’s on the road a good long time. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Peace and quiet for Glenn and Babs? Nuh-uh. They'll  follow her to every single one of her "classes," to admire their giant baby and to schmooze with the people who come to worship.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Peace and quiet for Glenn and Babs? Nuh-uh. They'll  follow her to every single one of her "classes," to admire their giant baby and to schmooze with the people who come to worship.

Sigh . . . I suspect you're right.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Travel expenses for Glenn and Babs and don't forget Donna because Todd isn't swabbing anything anywhere if he isn't paid to do it for the cameras.  There go the profits!

And Glenn and Babs are as likely to be the reason anyone shows up at the class.

Edited by Brooks
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Travel expenses for Glenn and Babs and don't forget Donna because Todd isn't swabbing anything anywhere if he isn't paid to do it for the cameras.  There go the profits!

And Glenn and Babs are as likely to be the reason anyone shows up at the class.

I was just going to post that I would go to one solely to meet Glenn and Babs. Screw Whitney. Hubs wouldn't go on the cruise. My sister wouldn't go, my mom wouldn't go, Hub's sister wouldn't go. I tried to get my mother in law to go-- believe me, that is scraping the bottom of the barrel, and she wouldn't go, either. Nobody wants to go on a Whitney cruise with me. It's like they all know I have an ulterior motive. 

• Love 11

I just keep coming back to this 9 PM thing.  We've seen her car filled with food wrappers and giant cookies and the remains of frappucinos.  Am I supposed to believe she's sitting in her car, eating all that crap at 9 PM?  Like she just buys random giant cookies during the day and sticks them in her car without eating them?  And then at 9 PM, she runs out to her car and sits in it, while eating?  Like she's parked in her driveway at 9 PM, chowing down on a giant cookie she bought at 9 in the morning?  Is the car her kitchen table?  Is it her pantry?  WHAT IS GOING ON?????

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I just keep coming back to this 9 PM thing.  We've seen her car filled with food wrappers and giant cookies and the remains of frappucinos.  Am I supposed to believe she's sitting in her car, eating all that crap at 9 PM? 

I think she chose the 9 p.m. number becuz that's usually when delivery is made of whatever crap she ordered by phone that night.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I think she chose the 9 p.m. number becuz that's usually when delivery is made of whatever crap she ordered by phone that night.

She is just totally out of the Tao when it comes to her eating habits and behaviors. If she did a food journal it would be a shock to her. Eating disorders are a bitch. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I just keep coming back to this 9 PM thing.  We've seen her car filled with food wrappers and giant cookies and the remains of frappucinos.  Am I supposed to believe she's sitting in her car, eating all that crap at 9 PM?  Like she just buys random giant cookies during the day and sticks them in her car without eating them?  And then at 9 PM, she runs out to her car and sits in it, while eating?  Like she's parked in her driveway at 9 PM, chowing down on a giant cookie she bought at 9 in the morning?  Is the car her kitchen table?  Is it her pantry?  WHAT IS GOING ON?????

Well, we know it wasn't 9 PM when Will caught her eating a cookie in her car . . . it was broad daylight.  Even with DST, it's not that light at 9 PM in Greensboro.

• Love 7

I would be willing to wager that the genesis of the idea to take BGDC on the road is nothing more than a plot point. Months ago someone shared the ad for a "Whitney Thore Pop Up Dance Class" in Charleston. I can't remember if one of our sleuths checked it out or, if there was a photo on her FB or insty of a rather sparse turn out. BGDC in Charleston, Buddy living in Charleston not a coincidence in my opinion. It makes sense that it was producer driven to make filming Buddy in SC more cost effective by having two storylines in one trip.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I would be willing to wager that the genesis of the idea to take BGDC on the road is nothing more than a plot point. Months ago someone shared the ad for a "Whitney Thore Pop Up Dance Class" in Charleston. I can't remember if one of our sleuths checked it out or, if there was a photo on her FB or insty of a rather sparse turn out. BGDC in Charleston, Buddy living in Charleston not a coincidence in my opinion. It makes sense that it was producer driven to make filming Buddy in SC more cost effective by having two storylines in one trip.

Wasn't it Charlotte, NC, not Charleston, SC, where the off-site BGDC was held?

3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Well, we know it wasn't 9 PM when Will caught her eating a cookie in her car . . . it was broad daylight.  Even with DST, it's not that light at 9 PM in Greensboro.

And don't forget when she stood Glen up for the karate lesson so she could "hide" and eat an ENTIRE gallon container of ice cream in her car (in the middle of the afternoon) because she was "just hungry". 

• Love 5

Whitney Way Thore. · October 11 ·. Exciting news! Todd & I will be in Charleston on October 17 from 7-9pm to teach a FREE pop-up dance class with a meet & greet to follow! EVERYONE is welcome ... Class will be held in the Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory (701 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29403).

Dot, she might very well be doing something in Charlotte but it was on her FB on October 11 where she talked about Charleston. Perhaps the one in Charleston was so poorly attended that they needed to do another one to get some better footage.

Edited by Me from ME
Added a thought
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

And don't forget when she stood Glen up for the karate lesson so she could "hide" and eat an ENTIRE gallon container of ice cream in her car (in the middle of the afternoon) because she was "just hungry". 

Then she claimed in this season that she hadn't had ice cream in many years and was finally letting it back into her life.

I guess ice cream eaten straight from the carton in a car doesn't count.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Then she claimed in this season that she hadn't had ice cream in many years and was finally letting it back into her life.

I guess ice cream eaten straight from the carton in a car doesn't count.

Letting ice cream back in her life?!?!?  I am speechless. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

This is exactly the kind of person I was thinking of when I said who "in their right mind" would pay for a class with Twit. I could definitely see sycophants who aren't in their right mind paying to see her and "dance" (using the term loosely). The question is, how many have the money and how many would actually get off the couch for it. 

Todd should run for the hills because he'd definitely end up as her care taker, and all the horrible duties that entails.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Whitney Way Thore. · October 11 ·. Exciting news! Todd & I will be in Charleston on October 17 from 7-9pm to teach a FREE pop-up dance class with a meet & greet to follow! EVERYONE is welcome ... Class will be held in the Cedar Room at the Cigar Factory (701 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29403).

Dot, she might very well be doing something in Charlotte but it was on her FB on October 11 where she talked about Charleston. Perhaps the one in Charleston was so poorly attended that they needed to do another one to get some better footage.

Perhaps I'm just cynical but the fact that she has to advertise that it is a FREE class makes me agree with you that the first one may not have worked out very well...

Also I'm betting she had dollar signs in her eyes when she thought of this, and traveling around giving free classes is obviously not making money, it's spending money.

Now I'll wait for TLC to spin this into a false story line so it looks like she's "working on her career". If it has to be free to get people to show up, it's not a career.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

No, I'm sure you're right & I just confused the 2 cities.

7 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I'm thinking she's a gremlin.

• Love 4