Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

This is the best idea in the history of promotional products. Please tell me your husband is in marketing. If he isn't, he missed his calling!

He's happily retired now, but was - in fact - in marketing for most of his career.  Looks like he hasn't lost his touch!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

And replace that toilet paper with a sponge and Whitney can apply her own chub rub ointment.

Yes, but where is the ATTENTION for Twitney in that?? ;-)

She doesn't want to be able to take care of herself. Queen Baby.

I don't have a single friend or relative that wouldn't tell me to F OFF if I asked them to put cream on my bits-n-pieces. Nor would I humiliate myself by asking them, or let myself get into that situation in the first place (by that I mean just being too fat to care for yourself, not people who have legitimate reasons they can't do it).

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Yes, but where is the ATTENTION for Twitney in that?? ;-)

She doesn't want to be able to take care of herself. Queen Baby.

I don't have a single friend or relative that wouldn't tell me to F OFF if I asked them to put cream on my bits-n-pieces. Nor would I humiliate myself by asking them, or let myself get into that situation in the first place (by that I mean just being too fat to care for yourself, not people who have legitimate reasons they can't do it).

Cancer? MS? Some degenerative thing I've never heard of? Of course I'll do anything I can for you.

You ate yourself into this? I'll leave you a salad just out of your reach and call the local welfare office. In the meantime, use this rag and stick for interesting arts and crafts.

• Love 12
On 2/27/2018 at 2:29 PM, Sasha888 said:

Totally agree. If we ever see Twit, at this size, in a pair of JEANS....I will eat my hat.

In the episode where they send the pig away, isn't she wearing jeans as she says goodbye to the pig?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Well, we know now why Whitney's been posting all those workout videos on FB and IG - she is desperately trying to distract her followers from this 8K debacle. Usually she asks for comments or says "new episode tonight!" on her FB but she didn't do that this week. Very interesting. For the first time ever on this show, I could tell watching it that Whitney was humiliated at the end of that race. She looked BROKEN. Like, mentally and physically. If this race didn't wake her up to the fact that her weight is a problem, literally nothing will. This was Whitney's absolute rock bottom, you guys. We will see if she rebounds or just drowns.

I don't know, Clarewalks. She pretty much had a similar reaction in a TH after the skiing episode, and all that came of it was a new set of reasons why whatever she couldn't do wasn't her fault.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I don't know, Clarewalks. She pretty much had a similar reaction in a TH after the skiing episode, and all that came of it was a new set of reasons why whatever she couldn't do wasn't her fault.

True, but at the time when she was on those skis and in the immediate aftermath there was no real concept of how bad her weight really is. I mean, it would take a miracle for Whitney to change, but if anything on this show has been that "rock bottom" moment, it was this race. I didn't see any triumph whatsoever on her face, which I didn't expect.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

True, but at the time when she was on those skis and in the immediate aftermath there was no real concept of how bad her weight really is. I mean, it would take a miracle for Whitney to change, but if anything on this show has been that "rock bottom" moment, it was this race. I didn't see any triumph whatsoever on her face, which I didn't expect.

I truly hope you are right. As vile as I think she is as a person, I don’t want her to die. I want her to come to the realization that she has to make a change. I want her to start making that change. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Whitney posted pics of herself in her swimwear on her IG account. So a NURSE makes a PSA about a health issue. ??? 

image.jpeg

??? someone else should ask her if she is going to make Todd apply the SPF or if the rag on a stick works for that. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Cancer? MS? Some degenerative thing I've never heard of? Of course I'll do anything I can for you.

You ate yourself into this? I'll leave you a salad just out of your reach and call the local welfare office. In the meantime, use this rag and stick for interesting arts and crafts.

I have one of those rare degenerative things. Here's a real conversation that just happened in my house...

ME: If I ever get to the point where I am unable to reach my own ass crack and you have to put medicine on it then please just send me away to-

(6-year-old daughter walks through the room and pauses, turns and looks at me)

DD: What's WRONG with you, Mommy?

ME: Oh, it's just the show with Whitney. 

DD: (shaking her head) I'm out of here...carry on! 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

The look on her face alone was worth watching this train wreck of an episode. First the fact that she can't lube her own chub-rub areas and then being destroyed from walking maybe 4 miles? I wonder which version of Whitney we're going to see--one that makes excuses "It's-daddy's-fault-he-lied-about-the-distance" or are her eyes finally open to her abnormal, dysfunctional, unhealthy, non-fabulous reality? 

• Love 8

New workout video on FB! The comments are positively glowing, so obviously these videos have the intended effect of making everyone forget the pitiful race. At one point Jessica zooms in on the whiteboard with the workout written on it so I took the liberty of transcribing: 

20 hammer tires; 10 rope pulls; Ickey shuffle (down and back); sled down and back; 30 step ups; 6 sprints; hopscotch down and back; 20 ball slams; 20 clean and jerks DB.

Translation: hit a tire with a sledgehammer 20 times (easy as hell to fake a hard effort); pull herself from sitting to standing with a rope (somewhat hard at her weight, at least); whatever the hell an Ickey shuffle is; pushing a weighted sled across the room twice (yawn); 30 step ups (hardest part of the workout for Whit, I bet); a few """"sprints""""; doing fancy footwork on an agility ladder which any 6-year-old can do; 20 ball slams (again, easy as hell to fake it); and 20 power lifts with dumbbells that probably don't weigh much. This entire workout, I could have the seniors in my fitness class do in under 15 minutes. If this is a one-hour Whitney workout, that's fine, but obviously she is not as fabulously fit as she is desperately trying to portray in an effort to get everyone to stop talking about the race.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

New workout video on FB! The comments are positively glowing, so obviously these videos have the intended effect of making everyone forget the pitiful race. At one point Jessica zooms in on the whiteboard with the workout written on it so I took the liberty of transcribing: 

20 hammer tires; 10 rope pulls; Ickey shuffle (down and back); sled down and back; 30 step ups; 6 sprints; hopscotch down and back; 20 ball slams; 20 clean and jerks DB.

Translation: hit a tire with a sledgehammer 20 times (easy as hell to fake a hard effort); pull herself from sitting to standing with a rope (somewhat hard at her weight, at least); whatever the hell an Ickey shuffle is; pushing a weighted sled across the room twice (yawn); 30 step ups (hardest part of the workout for Whit, I bet); a few """"sprints""""; doing fancy footwork on an agility ladder which any 6-year-old can do; 20 ball slams (again, easy as hell to fake it); and 20 power lifts with dumbbells that probably don't weigh much. This entire workout, I could have the seniors in my fitness class do in under 15 minutes. If this is a one-hour Whitney workout, that's fine, but obviously she is not as fabulously fit as she is desperately trying to portray in an effort to get everyone to stop talking about the race.

Has anyone asked her why she's working out? 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Has anyone asked her why she's working out? 

I'd say 95% of the comments are "YOU GO GURRRL" or similar, and the few people who say "hey girl, great job but take it easy, you don't want to get injured" are immediately ripped apart.

ETA: for the record, I am of the belief that Whitney should not be doing these types of workouts. My professional opinion, she should be in a pool and focusing on her diet until she gets below 300 lb (maybe 250). She is doing way too high impact of shit right now and her knees and feet are already a disaster.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I'd say 95% of the comments are "YOU GO GURRRL" or similar, and the few people who say "hey girl, great job but take it easy, you don't want to get injured" are immediately ripped apart.

ETA: for the record, I am of the belief that Whitney should not be doing these types of workouts. My professional opinion, she should be in a pool and focusing on her diet until she gets below 300 lb (maybe 250). She is doing way too high impact of shit right now and her knees and feet are already a disaster.

I need to get back on FB to post stuff like "you don't need to be doing this! You ROCKED that 8k!"

• Love 15
1 minute ago, AUJulia said:

I need to get back on FB to post stuff like "you don't need to be doing this! You ROCKED that 8k!"

OMG I would LOL. "Ur an inspiration Whitney OMG i wish i could run as fast as u"

• Love 10
Just now, ClareWalks said:

OMG I would LOL. "Ur an inspiration Whitney OMG i wish i could run as fast as u"

Did you see the IG comment about "go grrl wish I loved my body as much as u!"? Rofl

Just now, AUJulia said:

Did you see the IG comment about "go grrl wish I loved my body as much as u!"? Rofl

I wanted to say "you spelled 'fries' wrong"

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeeeeeeeuuuuuup. She's the type of person who goes balls-to-the-wall, gets hurt, then complains that exercise "doesn't work." She's the untrained idiot who tries to run a ten-miler after never running more than a quarter-mile in her life, then complains that running is bad for your knees. She's the desk jockey who gives Crossfit a bad name. She's the "professional dancer" who literally, physically cannot dance.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I am of the belief that Whitney should not be doing these types of workouts. My professional opinion, she should be in a pool and focusing on her diet until she gets below 300 lb (maybe 250). She is doing way too high impact of shit right now and her knees and feet are already a disaster.

I absolutely agree; aqua aerobics are perfect for someone overweight with knee problems.

I would add 2 items: (1) she needs to get on a stationary bike at least 5 days a week & (2) she needs to ease into her exercise program. For example, start off on the bike for 15 min. & increase the time gradually. Twit seems to think about exercise the way she does about food. She claims to have eaten only 500 while she was losing 100 #s. And she performs exercises at the extreme level, not beginner's level.

And the Powells permit this. They are complicit, along with the parents & barnacles, in enabling Twit's fantasies about appropriate steps to take for better health.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

And the Powells permit this. They are complicit, along with the parents & barnacles, in enabling Twit's fantasies about appropriate steps to take for better health.

I actually hold Glen and Babs the least culpable in this. They are in their 70s. Neither is/was an athlete. Neither has had to lose 100s of pounds. They have good intentions, just no experience in how to help. I think that’s one thing that Glen learned in Hawaii. I don’t think he understood that she really CAN’T walk any distance. The Powells are supposedly professionals. They should know better and Glen goes along with it because he desperately wants to keep Whitney from dying and since the pros are telling her to do this, he’s there helping. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Dot said:

I would add 2 items: (1) she needs to get on a stationary bike at least 5 days a week & (2) she needs to ease into her exercise program. For example, start off on the bike for 15 min. & increase the time gradually. Twit seems to think about exercise the way she does about food. She claims to have eaten only 500 while she was losing 100 #s. And she performs exercises at the extreme level, not beginner's level.

(Bolding is mine) EXACTLY. It seems she always has to start off with exercise in a way that is not a "beginner" level at all...I don't know if it's just that she's not understanding that this is dangerous, or if it's because she can't admit to herself that she IS NOT FIT. She wants to jump into an exercise regime that's really more appropriate for someone who's already quite fit.

I agree that she seems to like swimming & that would be more appropriate for her, but also she LUUUUURRRVES to dance - she has her own dance studio in the garage, for pete's sake. There are ways to incorporate dance into a GENTLE, beginner-level type of program. I'm doing this myself. I can't take high-impact exercise, for a number of reasons, so if I buy a dance-type work out video, I buy one that's low impact, or modify the routine (I happen to like some of the Bollywood dance style videos, which are sometimes higher impact)...so if it's a little too high impact for my taste, I throw in a more low-impact move in those spots of the routine.

Whitney doesn't seem to understand this...she's either all in, or all out. "I'm not going to exercise at all, I hate it" or she throws herself into an exercise routine that's clearly past her level and abilities.

My personal opinion is that she doesn't like words like "beginner" or "moderate" - she sees herself as way more capable than she really is, and terms like that offend her. But she'd be WAY better off starting with easier things and then build UP to more strenuous exercises.

Throwing yourself into an exercise routine that is too much for you is just a recipe for disaster. You feel discouraged, you feel like "I am NEVER going to be able to this, it's so hard"...and you could even hurt yourself.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Thrifty said:

TLC should show Whitney and the rest of the cast last night's episode of My 600 Pound Life, and make a renewal of their contracts be contingent on it.

And film it for the world to see their reactions. Now THAT would be an episode I'd like to see. 

• Love 5

And film it for the world to see their reactions. Now THAT would be an episode I'd like to see. 

She would only seize on Dr. Now's speech about how the system fails fat people by overmedicating them for pain and not getting at the root of their weight gain early on. Which is entirely true but only part of the problem. Whitney would just focus on another way in which her weight is out of her control and totally someone or something else's fault.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Totally agree. She is probably eating back her workouts anyways. It's easy to do for a normal eater let alone an addicted over-eater like Whitney. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, essexjan said:

Do you know who else has got PCOS?  Victoria Beckham. Just sayin' ...

As do Kate Gosselin, Jillian Michaels, and Emma Thompson.  Twit weighs as much as all three of them combined.

Edited by AZChristian
Corrected spelling on a homonym.
  • Love 14

This does not look fabulous!

3FA52E8F-F450-4779-98FA-621FFBBCE951.jpeg

Maybe this is fabulous?  She needs help. Medical help. Psychological help. She needs to stop this TLC shit and get help otherwise she is going to die 

A0E7A12D-6253-4D9C-8D27-F4BB1F62A65D.jpeg

• Love 11

This does not look fabulous!  I will have to rely on you good folks. I have been banned from Twits FB for posting this fabulous picture explaining how much she needs help. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

This does not look fabulous!  I will have to rely on you good folks. I have been banned from Twits FB for posting this fabulous picture explaining how much she needs help. 

It seems like there a lot of folks that have been banned from her FB page for the same reason. I think she's sicced some of her "fans" on some of those posters, too. 

• Love 8

It seems like there a lot of folks that have been banned from her FB page for the same reason. I think she's sicced some of her "fans" on some of those posters, too. 

Man - she only wants praise from the syncophants, huh?

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

Well, this wouldn't be the first TV show that outlived the accuracy of its title.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CPA1967 said:

This does not look fabulous!

3FA52E8F-F450-4779-98FA-621FFBBCE951.jpeg

Maybe this is fabulous?  She needs help. Medical help. Psychological help. She needs to stop this TLC shit and get help otherwise she is going to die 

A0E7A12D-6253-4D9C-8D27-F4BB1F62A65D.jpeg

Meh, she's just muscular 

???

• Love 6

Has anyone on her Facebook page expressed concern for her feet or asked how she was walking now? 

Just curious if follow-up questions/concern has been eliminated also to erase the image of her fabulous crying, wailing, huffing, spazzing out, passive-aggressively arguing with/blaming/punishing Glenn but sucking it up for the medic (probably  cuz he was cute), and general asshattery? 

Oh, and how's that chub rub working out for you?  (tm Dr. Phil--another asshat IMHO).

What was apparent was what a big bully she is---especially to her parents. 

I'll be watching the Oscars for Twit's special category of FuckingOverdoingItBigTime, or DelusionalHistrionics.   Todd is a shoe-in for EnablingBarnacleWHoCantSayNo, followed closely by Heather for BarnacleWho'sHangingOntoHerStoryLineforDearLifeand$. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, CPA1967 said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, @CPA1967. Were the photos also removed from her FB page? (I'm guessing yes.)

On 3/1/2018 at 3:28 AM, Thrifty said:

TLC should show Whitney and the rest of the cast last night's episode of My 600 Pound Life, and make a renewal of their contracts be contingent on it.

Sorry to once again be a pain, but I also can't watch M600#L cuz of Dish's deletion.

Several of you have mentioned this episode of M600#L as being instructive for Twit. If it's not too complicated, could you explain that? Thanks.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Thanks for taking one for the team, @CPA1967. Were the photos also removed from her FB page? (I'm guessing yes.)

Sorry to once again be a pain, but I also can't watch M600#L cuz of Dish's deletion.

Several of you have mentioned this episode of M600#L as being instructive for Twit. If it's not too complicated, could you explain that? Thanks.

I'll use the spoiler tags, even though it's two days old.

Spoiler

The patient, Robert, was the first one to die during filming.  He was in his mid 40s and had gotten up to around 850 pounds, had been on a large number of medications, and severe lymphadema in his midsection.  After the surgery to remove lymphadema from his right side, he began to deteriorate and he eventually had a fatal heart attack.  There was consensus from some viewers, and the doctor, that if he hadn't been so overweight for so long, they could have managed his weight before it wore him down so much.

Edited by Thrifty
Why did I say "probably" for something I was definitely going to do? I do that all the time.
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

Dot, I wish I could tell you if the photos were removed but, oh shucks, I was banned. My day has been ruined. Not!  It is a shame that everyone around her is allowing the truth not to be told to her. Do they all want her to die?  They are all going to stand around looking at her dead body and wonder what the hell happened. She was so healthy?

Edited by CPA1967
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, CPA1967 said:

Dot, I wish I could tell you if the photos were removed but, oh shucks, I was banned. My day has been ruined. Not!  It is a shame that everyone around her is allowing the truth not to be told to her. Do they all want her to die?  They are all going to stand around looking at her dead body and wonder what the hell happened. She was so healthy?

I don't see them up there. You might try posting on the TLC MBFFL page if you're really wanting to post on Facebook. Just make sure your personal info is locked down very tight.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, gigiann said:

Question?  Is Donna really a caregiver?  Is she paid for that job?  Or is it just something everyone likes to tease about?

Thanks

Just a guess, but I bet she gets free rent to help Sweatney. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Just a guess, but I bet she gets free rent to help Sweatney. 

And possibility a stipend -- in cash, so no income to report.

And, of course, the TLC paycheck.

But neither Twit nor Donna have ever admitted on film that they are  more than "friends" & housemates.

• Love 6

Didn't see those pics of the race on FB, but one pic really caught my attention. It said something along the lines of "You can't change your shoe size, it's something you were born with. #NoBodyShame".

Really? Is she really going to equate a person's shoe size with eating yourself to 400 plus pounds? Because there is a world of difference to me!

No, I can't choose to change my shoe size. But I CAN choose to not eat myself into morbid obesity.

If she's implying that changing our bodies with diet and exercise is just as pointless as trying to diet your way to a smaller shoe size, then she has really lost her marbles. Or never had any marbles to begin with.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Didn't see those pics of the race on FB, but one pic really caught my attention. It said something along the lines of "You can't change your shoe size, it's something you were born with. #NoBodyShame".

LOL it's not even technically true, I was not "born" with a women's size 11 foot :-P

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

LOL it's not even technically true, I was not "born" with a women's size 11 foot :-P

If we were all "born" with our adult foot sizes, our mothers would be some serious super heroes!

The fact that she constantly tries to imply that her "plight" is the same as conditions that one really cannot help (like that video of her with burn victims, amputees, etc) really pisses me off. Those people did not choose it, and have probably had to put up with some really hurtful remarks. Because of something they did not do to themselves, and cannot change.

I just find that so despicable. Her extreme "victim" mentality makes me want to barf.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sasha888 said:

If we were all "born" with our adult foot sizes, our mothers would be some serious super heroes!

The fact that she constantly tries to imply that her "plight" is the same as conditions that one really cannot help (like that video of her with burn victims, amputees, etc) really pisses me off. Those people did not choose it, and have probably had to put up with some really hurtful remarks. Because of something they did not do to themselves, and cannot change.

I just find that so despicable. Her extreme "victim" mentality makes me want to barf.

Ooh girl, for real. I have noticed that a lot in the "fat activists" on social media, there is this portrayal of fatness as being something that you have absolutely no control over, "I didn't choose the fat life, the fat life chose me." They don't seem to either realize or care how incredibly demoralizing that message really is to impressionable women who want to feel good about themselves and are drawn to that message, but need to hear and know that they can make changes, they are in control of their lives. I wonder if Whitney really believes it or if she knows on some level that it's a delusion. I said I think the race was her rock bottom moment but it doesn't appear that Whitney is springing back from that at all, so who knows.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Is..is she really comparing herself to burn victims and amputees? She can f right off with that, that makes me so angry.

• Love 4