Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, gingerella said:

Why does this person have a show to begin with? I ask that sincerely...

Strains of this song's title run through.. "God only knows..."🎵

Edited by Gramto6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 5:36 PM, Passing Strange said:

Some of it might be perspective but, yes, Whitney is a big woman with a big butt. She acknowledged that when she did the class for the assisted living folks. It's more obvious in some clothes than in others, but I admire that she wears what she likes and doesn't buy into the notion that fat bodies should be hidden.

I "like"'d this post because of the last phrase --doesn't buy into--but I don't think she's always or even usually admirable for what she chooses to wear.  She spends most of her time on this series wearing tights and a workout bra.  I object not because she's a fat person who ought to be ashamed to show her body, but because she's a person who dresses inappropriately.

Maybe she feels she making a point by being so aggressive in wearing workout clothes when she is out and about--her dressing that way calls attention to her, not just because she is big but because 99% of the population doesn't dress that way to go to the store.  She is *forcing* us to notice her body and consequently how big her body is--and I don't think it's fat-shaming to say that.

I don't mean that she should go around in loose, dark clothing, either; she *should* wear what she likes, but within the bounds of what is appropriate for the occasion.  Like everybody else, no matter their size.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Mothra said:

I "like"'d this post because of the last phrase --doesn't buy into--but I don't think she's always or even usually admirable for what she chooses to wear.  She spends most of her time on this series wearing tights and a workout bra.  I object not because she's a fat person who ought to be ashamed to show her body, but because she's a person who dresses inappropriately.

Maybe she feels she making a point by being so aggressive in wearing workout clothes when she is out and about--her dressing that way calls attention to her, not just because she is big but because 99% of the population doesn't dress that way to go to the store.  She is *forcing* us to notice her body and consequently how big her body is--and I don't think it's fat-shaming to say that.

I don't mean that she should go around in loose, dark clothing, either; she *should* wear what she likes, but within the bounds of what is appropriate for the occasion.  Like everybody else, no matter their size.

Yeah, I *personally* don't think someone like Victoria Beckham or Kim Kartrashian should run around every place in leggings and a sports bra,  either.  (I'm not saying that they do.) And dog knows, the Kartrashians aren't exactly known for "appropriate. "

• Like 2
  • Love 3

In a world where people go to the store in skimpy crop tops, short shorts, and even pajamas, I don't see a sports bra and leggings as particularly egregious. Now, I'm not partial to any of those options in public, but if someone is wearing something I don't like, that's my problem, not hers. I think the way Whitney dresses means she gets that and that's what I like.

• Love 1

I think her regular outfit of a sports bra and leggings usually look awful but I’m happy she actually has clothes on.  It irritates when she post things or is on IG live or on the show when she’s either wrapped in a sheet, in underwear or naked for whatever reason.  I think it’s strange because it’s not appropriate. Although I don’t understand why she doesn’t seem to wear more clothes from her sponsors on IG.  Even if she wanted to wear leggings or sports wear there are better choices from them but ugly fashions seem to be necessary to be on TLC (See Sister Wives-The Brown Family)

When Whitney posted swimsuits pics of her on her cruise that made sense even if she chose something I wouldn’t wear (fwiw I did think her St. Lucia beachwear were way better choices than she normally picks).  I do think she should wear more appropriate clothes to Abbotswood because that’s her parents’ and their friends’ home not a club or a klerb, but I get ugly clothes imo are her choice

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

In a world where people go to the store in skimpy crop tops, short shorts, and even pajamas, I don't see a sports bra and leggings as particularly egregious

That's true. Just check out thepeopleofwalmart.com

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
On 11/7/2022 at 9:45 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

There are comments on various threads, one the live thread, in response to my question about Lenny’s beard.  I found this and really like Lenny with glasses and just a shadow of a beard.  Scroll about half way down.  It’s quite different looking, imo.  

https://starcasm.net/photos-meet-whitney-thores-boyfriend-lennie-alehat/

I don't find him attractive at all with all the facial hair but I think he is a reasonably good looking guy without it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I’m not a fan of facial hair.  I think I have poor memories due to a guy I dated in college who had a beard and mustache.  Omg, it was so scratchy.  I’ll admit he did look better with it, because he didn’t have a strong  jawline.  Lenny’s pretty cute without the beard, imo.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

Not that I would want to, but I'm able to post on Twit's IG.  Her last post was 5 days ago, and she has been responding to some comments here and there.  

Thanks when I checked yesterday it appeared they were turned off….i checked just now and it shows on.  At the time I wasn’t sure what was going on or if it was my IG browser.

While it probably is true this has not been confirmed. The story was posted by the moderator of a subreddit, and is cited in the article. To be fair a lot of what has been posted by that moderator has been proven to be true. So, time will tell.

Seeing the big fat fabulous toddler throwing a tantrum would be something to behold. We've seen how she acts when jealous. I can only imagine if the half sibling had been a girl.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sempervivum said:
  Reveal spoiler

It looks like the rumor was confirmed. Ick. What a crap family, pretty much all around.

That is just not a storyline I want to watch. If the details are true, it's really a litany of horrible things done to two people over the course of an entire lifetime. Babs's illness was too serious for the "hate-watch-to-make-fun-of-it" type of viewing I use this show for. This new storyline is one step too far for me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 4

Dear lord,  I really hoped that we had seen the last of Shitney.  

I shan't be watching.  Can you imagine how much she will be blubbering with the stuck out, quivering lower lip. Because it is all about her. Me me me!!!

• Love 1
On 12/4/2022 at 10:20 PM, Colleenna said:

Assuming that this is true.... is anyone else enjoying this delicious plate of Chase/Glen/babies  irony? Yum. 😉😄

Did she find out on a weekend? Was she ready? I wonder if she needed to call Ryan to blame him for yet another man allegedly impregnating some woman without her permission despite neither she or Ryan being born at the time🤭

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, Brodicea said:

Just saw on Reddit that Whitney posted on Instagram that Babs passed away. So sorry for Whitney, Glen and Hunter. She will be missed.

I saw this too - may she rest in peace and may her loved ones find comfort in happy memories.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I'm so behind things because I had to put my cat to sleep two weeks ago (RIP Luna) and this is extremely sad news. Unfortunately, it's not a total surprise but it's still heartbreaking to lose a parent like this. 

For all that we rag about Whitney, I do wish her, Glen and Hunter my deepest condolences. 

• Hugs 9
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm so behind things because I had to put my cat to sleep two weeks ago (RIP Luna) and this is extremely sad news. Unfortunately, it's not a total surprise but it's still heartbreaking to lose a parent like this. 

For all that we rag about Whitney, I do wish her, Glen and Hunter my deepest condolences. 

Oh Hana, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Condolences to you as well.  

• Sad 2

Since they invited the public to the funeral, it has me wondering if they filmed the funeral for the show (tacky), have any of them posted whether they were filming? I wonder if the “Frenchman” not showing up for the funeral will be the reason for their “breakup”?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

'm so behind things because I had to put my cat to sleep two weeks ago (RIP Luna) and this is extremely sad news. Unfortunately, it's not a total surprise but it's still heartbreaking to lose a parent like this. 

I'm so sad for you Hana.  I share similar sadness at this time of year. My husband and I said good bye to our beloved pup the day before Christmas Eve and then, a few years later he told me there was "someone else".

• Hugs 8

A couple days back I read that Whitney was at AbbotsWORLD cleaning things out (it was probably Glenn and Hunter too).  I thought they usually try and rush you out of these places within days because the waiting list is so long or is a month around normal because maybe you pay by the month???

Apparently she also posted a pic of Glenn on an exercise bike…she informed us his shirt was completely unbuttoned…thankfully we didn’t have to see him partially clothed as his back was towards us…why does she post Glenn in nonsense poses and why is Glenn wearing a button-down shirt to work out in? All these people need a fashion intervention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A couple days back I read that Whitney was at AbbotsWORLD cleaning things out (it was probably Glenn and Hunter too).  I thought they usually try and rush you out of these places within days because the waiting list is so long or is a month around normal because maybe you pay by the month???

They must still be paying the same rate as when the apartment was occupied.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Apparently she also posted a pic of Glenn on an exercise bike…she informed us his shirt was completely unbuttoned…thankfully we didn’t have to see him partially clothed as his back was towards us…why does she post Glenn in nonsense poses and why is Glenn wearing a button-down shirt to work out in? All these people need a fashion intervention.

She also  posted a video of them in the pool, with her "allegedly" teaching him water aerobics (having taught WA, I can *definitely* say that is NOT what she's doing.) Whatever. But tbh, anything that gets her moving and maybe getting healthier is OK by me.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

She also  posted a video of them in the pool, with her "allegedly" teaching him water aerobics (having taught WA, I can *definitely* say that is NOT what she's doing.) Whatever. But tbh, anything that gets her moving and maybe getting healthier is OK by me.

I wonder if maybe Glenn will stay there and sell the Thore family home? He may not want to stay in such a large home now that he is alone. Does Abbotsworld have an Independent Living section?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, Elizzikra said:

I wonder if maybe Glenn will stay there and sell the Thore family home? He may not want to stay in such a large home now that he is alone. Does Abbotsworld have an Independent Living section?

I didn’t see that option on their site, but IL is a good option.  Glenn might benefit from the amenities of being near a pool, gym, community activities, etc.  in a senior community.  Even if he keeps working, he’d have less to worry about at home.  I can’t see him wanting to live with Whit full time.    

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

I saw a clip of Whitney’s AMA (I’m paraphrasing)

-she mentioned she rarely hangs out with friends and the tv show is not indicative of her life I guess in regards to how much she hangs out with people.

-She said they don’t do the Tell-All/Reunion episodes anymore because they didn’t rate well. She’s glad because she hated doing them

-She saw the cardinal a second time.  She feels this is a sign from her mom.

-She was at Walgreens and her one medicine cost around $850 dollars so she did let get it. She didn’t mention what the medicine was for.

-The Frenchman doesn’t want to be on tv so you will never know more about him unless they get married.

There was more but I didn’t see them.

• LOL 2

-The Frenchman doesn’t want to be on tv so you will never know more about him unless they get married.

So does that mean she is still dating him? Supposedly? Is she precluded from even speaking about him?

• LOL 2
On 1/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, Irate Panda said:

I saw a clip of Whitney’s AMA (I’m paraphrasing)

-she mentioned she rarely hangs out with friends and the tv show is not indicative of her life I guess in regards to how much she hangs out with people.

-She said they don’t do the Tell-All/Reunion episodes anymore because they didn’t rate well. She’s glad because she hated doing them

-She saw the cardinal a second time.  She feels this is a sign from her mom.

-She was at Walgreens and her one medicine cost around $850 dollars so she did let get it. She didn’t mention what the medicine was for.

There was more but I didn’t see them.

Hmmm..I wonder if that’s Ozempic.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/7/2023 at 10:20 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Hmmm..I wonder if that’s Ozempic.  

lol to lose weight or for her diabetes she swears she does not have. I have hearing a lot of celebrities' are using it to lose weight.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

lol to lose weight or for her diabetes she swears she does not have. I have hearing a lot of celebrities' are using it to lose weight.

Oh yes.  It’s so popular, actual diabetics  struggle to find it, based on what I’ve read.  If Whit uses as prescribed, that’s great.  I have a friend, who has Type II diabetes who has lost 100 pounds on it.  She is thrilled. Her blood sugar is now at normal level.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh yes.  It’s so popular, actual diabetics  struggle to find it, based on what I’ve read.  If Whit uses as prescribed, that’s great.  I have a friend, who has Type II diabetes who has lost 100 pounds on it.  She is thrilled. Her blood sugar is now at normal level.  

That's part of it but it's also a supply chain issue. I take a similar drug that hasn't caught on as a weight loss aid and it's been in short supply in the past couple months (I never lost any weight on it even though it initially made me really nauseated for days at a time).

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 1

I hear Twitney is taking Ozempic, so maybe it's not all photoshop.  "Is it real, or is it Memorex?"  We'll have to wait for the next season to see!

Did anyone post her IG rant about saying to her Dad, "I'm so lucky to have you" and his answering "We were both lucky to have your mom" followed by a poll question as to whether or not she should be annoyed by this?  "All Babs, all the time!"

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 1