Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn’t aware that WWT was living in the AL.  If so, I suppose we’ll see why on the show.  I wonder if it’s cause Babs needs so much care around the clock.  When my cousin needed so much care, I was informed that we’d need to hire an around the clock person to be with her or move to a place with a higher level of care.  If you pay for around the clock, one on one personal care, it’s extremely expensive.  

I understand that, but if Bab's needed that kind of round the clock care, plus having Whitney nearby (which, we all agree can't be all that helpful), why wouldn't they bring a hospital bed into their home, and have aids come there rather than spend the exorbitant amount that that Assisted Living facility must cost?  I don't get it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, judyjudyjudy said:

I understand that, but if Bab's needed that kind of round the clock care, plus having Whitney nearby (which, we all agree can't be all that helpful), why wouldn't they bring a hospital bed into their home, and have aids come there rather than spend the exorbitant amount that that Assisted Living facility must cost?  I don't get it.

I don’t know their situation, but when someone needs lots of help with everything, you need the accessibility of wide doors, special shower floor, grab bars, ramps, etc.  It’s costly to adapt the home to conform.   Plus, PT may not be as accessible, social interaction is stunted, etc.   AL will explain just how much assistance they can provide.  Sometimes, it’s charged ala cart, and that adds up, on top of the regular costs of AL.  Perhaps, the arrangement will be explained later on. I just know what I experienced with my cousin.  I had to move her to a Memory Care unit due to her increased need for care.   They handle all care, because those units are specifically designed for residents who have pronounced disability and are declining.  It seems Babs doesn’t fit that category, though.

Caring for someone around the clock is a huge job. Stressful too.  Caregiver fatigue is real.  I feel for Whit if she’s doing it.  I guess we do what we have to do for family.  

• Love 6

This is straight from the instagram post.  Hope it is okay to repost here.   Let's face it, even in the earlier seasons Whitney had "assistants" and "friends" to help with things like shaving her legs and applying ointment.  We even saw her with a stick to aid in using the restroom.  I don't think she could even come close to handling the level of care her mother needs when she can't manage her own care.   Is it possible that Whitney is so disabled by her weight that she qualifies for AL even though she is in her 30s? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if those private nurses help Whitney along with her mother.   I wonder if they are getting a heavily discounted rate for all the publicity with the number of the times she name drops "Abbotswood." No matter how much care her mother needs, the fact that she is a 30 something year old residing in an assisted living facility is mind boggling.  I mean, the whole reason why they  supposedly chose this place was because it was 10 minutes from Whitney and her parent's house, so it's not like she couldn't be there on a moments notice if need be.  

Right now, the update on Mom is that we are still at Abbotswood! We moved into a huge two-bedroom a few months ago as soon as one became available, so I have a bedroom of my own now! Dad has also been a resident there since day one, and we have an ever-changing revolving door of animals in the apartment as well! (Some new ones I will introduce soon!) Many have asked why we didn’t hire nurses and bring Mom home. We would have loved to, but the house is not wheelchair accessible (doorways, bathroom, etc.) and we need at least two nurses at all times to help her and this is a wonderful service they offer at Abbotsworld. In addition to Dad, me, and the Abbotswood staff, we also have hired two private nurses who help with Mom and who are incredible with her. At Abbotswood, she continues to get therapy, delicious meals 3 times a day, and she is able to interact with lots of people. Abbotswood is home to us now and we couldn’t be happier.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2

I never saw todd before,I didn't know he was black.

i must of hit the wrong link.I didn't see any white people in the trailer.

There was one but it was a very short clip - we saw one line. It's Hunter though, not Todd.

Is it possible that Whitney is so disabled by her weight that she qualifies for AL even though she is in her 30s?

I don't think so. She is fully mobile. She can dress herself (except sometimes for shoes and often in poor taste). She can prepare her own meals and basic hygiene tasks. There are some things she can't do easily or perhaps doesn't bother to do because they are too much trouble but I don't think she is even close to qualifying for assisted living. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, stoppro said:

i must of hit the wrong link.I didn't see any white people in the trailer.

The link was referring to  Hunter, not Todd. Perhaps you misread the post. Hunter's snippet is towards the end of the clip.

• Love 1

Do they plan on moving Babs back home eventually? If it is anything like where I live, finding home health care aids is all but impossible. Since covid, they just don't seem to exist any longer, like so many other jobs that can not be filled.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 9/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, Meowy said:

Is it possible that Whitney is so disabled by her weight that she qualifies for AL even though she is in her 30s?

No, not at all. People are eligible for assisted living when they need help with activities of daily living (ADLs). There really has been nothing on this show that tells us Whitney is not independent in all ADLs. She walks, she cooks, she showers, she gets dressed, and so on. I'm not convinced we've seen her with an actual assistive device, but using one to do an activity is still doing the activity. Whitney isn't lithe and graceful, but there's no way someone who is as active as she is would qualify for assisted living.

I wonder if Whitney moved in with her folks because Babs needs constant supervision. Between the helpers Abbotswood provides and the people the family has hired, Babs' care needs are probably met. But they're not there 24/7 and Babs shouldn't be left alone. That may be where Whitney comes in.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:02 AM, Meh said:

Do they plan on moving Babs back home eventually?

I think they may have hoped to, there was talk of making modifications to the house. I was hoping right along with them, but from what we've seen Babs is maintaining, but not progressing.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1

But they're not there 24/7 and Babs shouldn't be left alone. That may be where Whitney comes in.

Glenn is there though. I suppose Whitney is maybe moderately more able to help Babs than Glenn, but if Babs fell or something, I don't think either one of them could lift her back up without additional help.

I almost wonder if Whitney has some sort of bizarre FOMO with Glenn and Babs living at Abbotswood and Hunter is in Atlanta. She seems to hate living alone, to the degree that she doesn't want roommates who may one day actually move out. Maybe she doesn't want to be left out of any Adventures in Eldercare with Babs and Glenn?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Glenn is there though. I suppose Whitney is maybe moderately more able to help Babs than Glenn, but if Babs fell or something, I don't think either one of them could lift her back up without additional help.

I almost wonder if Whitney has some sort of bizarre FOMO with Glenn and Babs living at Abbotswood and Hunter is in Atlanta. She seems to hate living alone, to the degree that she doesn't want roommates who may one day actually move out. Maybe she doesn't want to be left out of any Adventures in Eldercare with Babs and Glenn?

FOMO?

Perhaps Glenn sees the possibility that Twit will lose weight when she is in AL. Food isn't always available, portions are controlled somewhat and with set dining room hours she will have only a window of opportunity for each meal. (I say this as someone who has visited parents in an upscale AL  There was a self serve soft ice cream machine but when it was empty it wasn't filled until the next day. Once again, I speak from experience.😁)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
52 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Perhaps Glenn sees the possibility that Twit will lose weight when she is in AL. Food isn't always available, portions are controlled somewhat and with set dining room hours she will have only a window of opportunity for each meal. (I say this as someone who has visited parents in an upscale AL  There was a self serve soft ice cream machine but when it was empty it wasn't filled until the next day. Once again, I speak from experience.😁)

I think the apartment has a kitchen though so she has at least as much access to food as she does when she is living in her own house. I think common sense Glenn has probably given up all hope that Whitney will ever lose weight. She doesn't seem to even be trying anymore.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Glenn is there though.

When he's not working. I was thinking of the possibility of another stroke. Someone would be there to get help.

3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Perhaps Glenn sees the possibility that Twit will lose weight when she is in AL.

I wonder if she's on the meal plan. Even if she were, she's free to go out to eat or bring food in.

• Love 1

Even with a kitchenette she would have to make the effort to go shopping. It seems as if it would be more trouble for her. She is accustomed to ordering out and not picking up her own groceries. The assistants probably did her grocery shopping. I doubt if she was responsible for that cauliflower crust pizza that Buddy made for them.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

My late mother was in AL, and they provided an Alert pendant that she always made sure was close by, usually strung on her walker.  Also, she had a plan where she was checked in the morning, at lunchtime with her meal delivery, mid-afternoon if she wanted a snack, suppertime, and tucked in at bedtime.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Parking Lot Ice Cream and Cookies With Only One Bite Taken Out So You Can See How Good I Did will always be there for her, though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

My late mother was in AL, and they provided an Alert pendant that she always made sure was close by, usually strung on her walker.  Also, she had a plan where she was checked in the morning, at lunchtime with her meal delivery, mid-afternoon if she wanted a snack, suppertime, and tucked in at bedtime.

Yes, some facilities provide a lot of supervision while others won't accept people who need as much supervision as Babs does. It's an "it depends" sort of thing.

• Love 4

Bodybuilders use the weird color tan to show definition in their muscles, but it does look like Cheetos dust.  I really like Jessica better with brown hair, I think that blonde color is harsh looking. I think a warmer blonde highlights like she had before would be better.  

Has Whitney posted any pics of her dog living at AbottsWORLD

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1

I think her big duck lips need their very own topic title .  Are they getting bigger and bigger?  Ughhh  That's all I could think about and see in her talking head shots ...and with that extremely unflattering red and black outfit that cuts her in a very unflattering place?   Just ..why??

Well at least she's covered up i guess

• LOL 1

Not sure where this goes so I'll post it here. Today Whitney reveals to PEOPLE MAGAZINE she and the french man are in an open relationship.

PEOPLE's exclusive sneak peek of Tuesday's episode of My Big Fat Fabulous Life, the 38-year-old takes a trip to St. Lucia with a group of her friends. At the start of the vacation, Thore — who is in a long-distance relationship with her French boyfriend — reveals that she is now in an open relationship.

"I have big news… about the Frenchman," the reality star hesitantly says. "Well… we didn't break up but basically I was trying to figure out when we could see each other next and we got to talking about things and basically we've instituted a new, 'don't ask, don't tell' policy."

"I was like, are we in an open relationship? I don't know what it is," Thore adds before her friends, seemingly shocked by the news, explain that's "exactly" what it is.

"So now I've entered into an unconventional relationship," she says while her brother Hunter quips, "I'm pretty sure it was unconventional before."

Edited by LEILANI2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Not sure where this goes so I'll post it here. Today Whitney reveals to PEOPLE MAGAZINE she and the french man are in an open relationship.

I believe it. I mean, I’ve been in an open relationship with Natalie Dormer for years. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I decided to take a break from Whitney's shitshow this season - mainly because I feel sorry for her dog, it really bums me out - but I'm subject to the occasional preview here and there and holy crap, those lips. And did she get braces? Her natural facial features are extreme enough, but the duck lips really clown her up. I remember her getting them done at the end of last season, but I don't remember them being this bad.

• LOL 1
Just now, goofygirl said:

As long as we're being honest here, George Clooney and I have been in an open relationship ever since he was on Rosanne!

My dirty little secret is my open relationship with Donny Osmond, please do not tell his wife that we have been involved since I was 11 years old.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My dirty little secret is my open relationship with Donny Osmond, please do not tell his wife that we have been involved since I was 11 years old.

If we're being honest, I'm in an open relationship with Sidney Crosby.  But it's kinda a secret so he has NO idea about it. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2022 at 3:45 PM, Passing Strange said:

You know, for all her faults I mostly like Whitney, but the "open relationship" thing made me snort, because, yeah, there never was a relationship. I have to give them credit, though, this will be an easy segue into Lenny Redux.

Yes it just means the door is open and lablur walked right out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Teri313 said:

I decided to take a break from Whitney's shitshow this season - mainly because I feel sorry for her dog, it really bums me out - but I'm subject to the occasional preview here and there and holy crap, those lips. And did she get braces? Her natural facial features are extreme enough, but the duck lips really clown her up. I remember her getting them done at the end of last season, but I don't remember them being this bad.

Ya    it just makes her "joker" smile seem more like the Joker's smile.   Not flattering 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, stoppro said:

Yes it just means the door is open and lablur walked right out.

Or he was handcuffed to the bed but decided to gnaw his own arm off and crawl out the window 

seriously though I can’t imagine even a guy like lennie wanting to tie the knot with this succubus… she’s loud, abrasive, rude, dismissive, has all kinds of health issues, thinks it’s funny to piss in the hot tub while sharing it with others just to name a few… who would want that?

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I saw on another board these ask me anything they say are from from Whitneys IG…AbbotsWORLD origin…is she gonna blame Alasker and klerb on Glenn too? Is this why she keeps yammering on about churlish?

mfmbck8hh0t91.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

The question should be why is Todd her friend

bfrb752apss91.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&

Buddy is probably relieved

DbPfzo2.jpg

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, monagatuna said:

That's still pretty cold considering how much Buddy's been through in the past few years. I'd just refuse the question.

Yes I think she could have skip the FMK question especially since imo it makes it seem like she’s really throwing Buddy who is or at least was a good friend under the bus to promote what a lot of people consider to be a fictional character.  Even if Frenchie Le Blur were real what’s she seen him like 2 or 3 times?….I know that question is not meant seriously but it comes off as just another way to embarrass Buddy and I don’t even like Buddy.  Honestly for many years he irritated me more than Whitney.  With that said Buddy probably doesn’t give a damn but I still think it’s tacky.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, John M said:

Why did she need someone to cook and clean for her? Her mother had and has full time care.

I think she was still at Abbottswood all day. I would certainly be there all day if I was Whitney, even with a full team caring for my mom.

Some of it might be perspective but, yes, Whitney is a big woman with a big butt. She acknowledged that when she did the class for the assisted living folks. It's more obvious in some clothes than in others, but I admire that she wears what she likes and doesn't buy into the notion that fat bodies should be hidden.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

Some of it might be perspective but, yes, Whitney is a big woman with a big butt. She acknowledged that when she did the class for the assisted living folks. It's more obvious in some clothes than in others, but I admire that she wears what she likes and doesn't buy into the notion that fat bodies should be hidden.

Nobody said anything about her hiding her body, Whitney.  I haven't watched the show in years,  and was alarmed that perhaps her weight had gotten to the point of no return.  I'm relieved to know that it was just the wind causing the dress to billow out. 

• Fire 1