Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

There is not much more pathetic than a woman keeping count of marriage proposals shouted out from drunk men in the Caribbean 

There is not much more pathetic than a woman keeping count of marriage proposals shouted out from IMAGINARY drunk men in the Caribbean.

OR

There is not much more pathetic than a woman keeping count of marriage proposals shouted out from drunk men in the Caribbean that thought they were FILMING PAID TRYOUTS FOR 90 DAY FIANCÉ.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 5/30/2022 at 4:40 PM, 3girlsforus said:

There is not much more pathetic than a woman keeping count of marriage proposals shouted out from drunk men in the Caribbean 

"No shade to thin women" says the woman counting her alleged proposals while a song called "Bones are for dogs, meat is for men" plays.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I'm  afraid the drain is clogged.

I'm afraid sadly you may be right. All the bs from Sister Wives has it totally clogged...

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

As long as they are making money on it, they’ll keep going…

I admittedly used to watch because oftentimes the producers made her look bad. Thing is, that’s what’s fuelling this dumpster fire. I bet there’s a lot of hate-watchers and they don’t care as long as people are watching.

I quit this fakery years ago and only catch glimpses of episodes now and then. I just can’t support her platform, even out of dislike. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, monagatuna said:

"No shade to thin women" says the woman counting her alleged proposals while a song called "Bones are for dogs, meat is for men" plays.

But No Body Shame, right? I would say Whitney is a hypocrite, but we already knew that.  She’s a mess!

• Applause 7
  • Love 3

Oof we get to see Whit in her newest bathing suits.  May I suggest she go full bore & borrow the suit that Vanessa wore in Florida on that bizarre trainwreck 1000 Lb Friends?  

I honestly thought MBFFL was done for after last season, I'm shocked it's back.  A few seasons back I started checking here first to see if there was anything interesting to watch & if so would catch it on demand.  

Wonder how long she'll go on stop lying to herself that this is a healthy way to live.  Maybe after some terrible medical problem hits her very ample ass.  

• Love 6
On 6/3/2022 at 10:16 AM, Snarkastikate said:

Oof we get to see Whit in her newest bathing suits.  May I suggest she go full bore & borrow the suit that Vanessa wore in Florida on that bizarre trainwreck 1000 Lb Friends?  

I honestly thought MBFFL was done for after last season, I'm shocked it's back.  A few seasons back I started checking here first to see if there was anything interesting to watch & if so would catch it on demand.  

Wonder how long she'll go on stop lying to herself that this is a healthy way to live.  Maybe after some terrible medical problem hits her very ample ass.  

I sincerely doubt that even that would be enough.  I'm sure she would find a way to blame someone/something else. "PCOS caused me to go into a diabetic coma. It was the PCOS,  not my weight. "

NB: I am fully aware that PCOS makes one more susceptible to type 2 diabetes,  but there are lots of women who have PCOS but not t2d because THEY'RE NOT SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/10/2022 at 3:44 PM, Colleenna said:

I sincerely doubt that even that would be enough.  I'm sure she would find a way to blame someone/something else. "PCOS caused me to go into a diabetic coma. It was the PCOS,  not my weight. "

NB: I am fully aware that PCOS makes one more susceptible to type 2 diabetes,  but there are lots of women who have PCOS but not t2d because THEY'RE NOT SUPER MORBIDLY OBESE. 

I have PCOS — so bad that they removed a problematic ovary. It makes me angry when Whitney blames PCOS for her obesity. 

It genuinely does make it harder to maintain a healthy weight, but it’s not impossible with determination, knowledge, consistency and patience. I’m 5’8” and a size 8/10, which I maintain by eating just 1400-1800 calories a day — even though I’m a runner. If I eat more than that, I will gain weight. I also have a history of anorexia, so watching what I eat can be emotionally challenging (another one of Whitney’s excuses that pisses me off).

Whitney may have PCOS but she also has a food addiction. She uses PCOS as an excuse so she doesn’t have to deal with her overeating. This makes the rest of us with PCOS angry, as Whitney does not speak for all of us. Shes a terrible spokesperson and the reason everyone ignored her at that PCOS conference years ago.

I doubt Whitney will ever take accountability for her food addiction. If she gets T2D, she’ll most certainly blame PCOS. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
On 6/1/2022 at 4:48 PM, Colleenna said:

I'm  afraid the drain is clogged.

The problem is that the network as a whole has become a complete cesspool. Once they were taken over by Discovery, they went from entertaining, educational programs and focuses like "Cable In The Classroom" to these "reality/entertainment" shows like the Duggers and Whitney because they're cheap to produce and popular with a certain segment of the viewing population. These "personal" stories focusing on the kind of people that middle-America might find endearing work until the darker aspects of their personal lives are revealed. Looking at the shows for the network, "Learning" is a priority long left in the past.

As repulsive and obnoxious as Whitney is, she's not a child molester or a criminal the way so many of the other personalities that TLC has featured over the years. 

• Fire 1
  • Love 13

Oh ffs. Her most recent  IG post is a picture at a weird angle,  commenting on how her nostrils aren't the same and she just  noticed it. 

Oh please.  You posted the same damned thing AT LEAST THREE YEARS AGO.  (I don't want to go scrolling back through years of posts to find my comments on it in this thread. ) I jokingly commented at the time that if she'd quit picking her nose they wouldn't be so different.  

How enamored of yourself do you have to be to inspect your nostrils?

• Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 6/12/2022 at 6:47 AM, Hana Chan said:

As repulsive and obnoxious as Whitney is, she's not a child molester or a criminal the way so many of the other personalities that TLC has featured over the years. 

Agree 100% Hana, but boy the bar being set is pretty low. I hate-watch Twit and the Barnacles, it's a cheap, harmless guilty pleasure.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

Right-I was referencing what Twit said in the post above that people were guessing her mom looked like she was 60. I say no she doesn't.

Oh - sorry. Agreed. She does not look 60.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So Babs is still in a facility? Did she have another stroke? 

According to the  press release for the new season on the premiere date website:

MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE - Premieres Tuesday, August 9 at 10pm ET/PT

“The Thores are devastated after a stroke leaves Babs hospitalized with an uncertain road to recovery. With the help of her supportive friend group, Whitney musters the strength to be the pillar her family needs during their darkest time.”

• Sad 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I’m looking forward to the new season. Hoping Babs continues to improve with her recovery.  Navigating life with aging parents who are losing certain abilities is extremely stressful.  Resistance to care can also be challenging.  When your parents become so dependent, it rattles your world.  I hope Glenn is doing ok.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I feel like I can be especially critical because I have been dealing with being the caretaker for a parent for the past three years. First for my Mom when she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, declined quickly and spent her last days at home on hospice care. Now I have to care for my father, who had an ocular stroke and was diagnosed with a cardiac issue this year. It's been a never ending roller coaster where I barely get a chance to take a moment for myself.

I could never, in a million, billion years, ever think about putting my parent on display when they are at their lowest. The thought of having strangers watching my Mom when she was sick and in pain and needing me or a nurse to clean her after she soils herself and discussing just how sick she really is makes me absolutely nauseous. While Babs has been a willing participant on the show, the state she's in now changes everything. I can't imagine that Whitney would even want to focus on the show and not devote every waking moment to helping her mom.

Instead, we're going to get maybe five minutes per episode of Whitney "helping" to care for her mother (which will probably just be barking out orders and getting in the way of any skilled professionals working with Babs) and the rest of the time bemoaning her love life, complaining that Buddy isn't devoting himself to her in her hour of need and having the barnacles blowing smoke up her over-sized ass about how "brave" and "strong" she's being for her family. This heifer can't care for herself or the poor creatures unfortunate enough to be her pets, so we're supposed to believe that she's going to be any real help to her mother?

If I were in Whitney's clown shoes, I'd be cancelling production until my mom was better. Her illness should not be treated as entertainment fodder. But Whitney can never allow anything that she might be able to channel into sympathy and admiration from her hoard of sycophants. Who cares that it might be embarrassing or upsetting for Babs to be seen like this on television?

:: gives @Hana Chan a standing ovation::

• Applause 8
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Appearing on the tv show would be Babs’ decision and if she is not able to make it, then it would be up to her Power Of Attorney, who presumably is Glenn.  

Yes Sunnybebe, but you know Whit will steamroll over all of them to get her way. Glenn coddles her like she's a cranky toddler.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

How dare she try to shame someone for asking a personal question. She’s put it all out there And asked for questions! 

She’s out there hawking vibrators, getting bikini waxes on tv, farting in her friend’s face, and stewing in urine-tinged water with her barnacles, but somebody asking if she’s dating a guy that she talked about being with all-season, THAT’S A STEP TOO FAR! 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

i0mkxg7p1ra91.jpg

I'm sure that if the real answer were "yes," she'd shout it from the rooftops.  Therefore,  the answer is "no." Guess he declined to renew the contract 🙄 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Appearing on the tv show would be Babs’ decision and if she is not able to make it, then it would be up to her Power Of Attorney, who presumably is Glenn.  

They may also be contractually obligated to appear for a certain amount each season. Their legal commitment is something that, I'm confident, has at least something to do with it. And for the most part, the show wasn't particularly intrusive on their lives. They would show up a few minutes each episode, join their daughter on trips paid for by the network and basically have to give a superficial window into their lives since Whitney is the focus.

The stroke, IMO, changes everything. When you're dealing with a catastrophic illness or injury, it should not be made into another storyline for Whitney's show. Out of basic decency, Babs should be allowed her privacy so she can recover. If this were my mother (and I would give everything I have and would ever have for her to be back in my life), I wouldn't give a shit about the show and contracts and network expectations. They could sue me for every penny I had, but there would be no way in hell that I would allow them to film my mother in this situation. I would tell the go fuck themselves and call my lawyer if they had a problem with my decision. I would do anything I had to in order to protect my parents.

And Whitney wouldn't need to cancel filming. Just any filming involving her parents. It's not like the majority of the show isn't scripted. Her mother's illness can be mentioned and we can get updates if it wouldn't be too intrusive (and her viewers would be concerned) and they could write Whitney another fake romance to fill up time. If the network objected, Whitney could use her social media pull to get her fans on her side (and I don't doubt that even the most idiotic of them would be in full favor of her protecting her mother). There's just no reason to put Babs on display when she's in this state.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

She’s out there hawking vibrators, getting bikini waxes on tv, farting in her friend’s face, and stewing in urine-tinged water with her barnacles, but somebody asking if she’s dating a guy that she talked about being with all-season, THAT’S A STEP TOO FAR! 

What a shithead!Open the drain let the show go!LOL

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I'm sure that if the real answer were "yes," she'd shout it from the rooftops.  Therefore,  the answer is "no." Guess he declined to renew the contract 🙄 

I wonder if he declined after watching last season?  I'm sure there's a limit as to how long you can talk on the phone and avoid flying to America.  Especially now that she's allowed to go to France! 😄

• Like 3
On 7/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

There is a large gap between being fully strong enough and healthy enough to advocate against your family for something you no longer want to do and the legal threshold to get a Power of Attorney over her. So even if she has a legal right to make her own decisions it doesn't mean she can't be pressured into something. That is the basic premise behind the success of elder abuse. It's even easier to pressure someone into something if they are your family - especially the mom of a family - because it can be more passive pressure.  Sure Glenn should be advocating for his wife. But it's Whitney's show. She's a grown woman who should have enough care for her mother to realize that putting her on display like she's some kind of a novelty while she's the most vulnerable is a horrible way to treat her mother - or really anyone. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She's a grown woman who should have enough care for her mother to realize that putting her on display like she's some kind of a novelty while she's the most vulnerable is a horrible way to treat her mother - or really anyone. 

That is exactly the point that I was (in a much more long-winded way_ was trying to make. If Whitney had an ounce of human decency in her, her first instinct should be to protect her mother. Babs is not in a good position to make a decision about appearing in the show when she's in this state and to be fair to Glen, I doubt that he is either. I just remember how my father put everything on the backburner because nothing was more important than caring for my mother. 

This show is nothing more than a circus sideshow attraction with a collection of freaks for the audience to gawk at. A woman recovering from a stroke should not be pressured to appear alongside her obese fart-bubble of a daughter.

• Sad 1
  • Love 5
On 7/10/2022 at 7:00 PM, Pi237 said:

How dare she try to shame someone for asking a personal question. She’s put it all out there And asked for questions! 

Haven't we seen her naked ass on TV?  You can't do coy after that.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Let's be real... if Whitney's love life wasn't going through a deeper dry spell than the Gobi desert, she'd be happily spilling all the details. But after getting burned with the fake engagement storyline (and having so many people seeing right through it), I can get why she's now demanding privacy over her relationship (or lack thereof). My guess is that the actor that they hired to play Le Blur got cold feet and dropped out. After the last season ending with Whitney abandoning everything to chase after tru luv!, having it all  fall apart off camera had to be embarrassing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

We’ve all had that time we ‘over-shared’ and ended up deeply regretting it. However, she doesn’t get to complain that people are asking her about him when he was her storyline all last season. It’s like those people who post on Facebook, “Sigh...this was the worst day of my life!” And when everyone replies “why? What happened? Are you ok?!” They don’t respond. Or say “I’ll message you.”

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I was watching the beginning of a movie on one of the streaming services, "Don't Talk to Irene," watching the opening credits and there was a "Thank you" to Whitney Way Thore, WTF?  

Maybe she was a consultant about being fat shamed?

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

As a former professional pole dancer, I cannot wait for Whitney to be made a fool during that segment.

It’s like they’re trying to make her look worse every season and she either doesn’t care, or doesn’t get the hint. 

I have no doubt that she will have minions place her on the pole. I mean,  I may be totally wrong on this (please correct me if I am), but my impression is that it takes hella core strength and hella upper body strength,  neither of which Quitney has.....

• Love 2

I actually think the storyline with Lenny looks interesting. He's such an odd duck to me. It'll be nice to see him speak more and see more of his personality.     Felt bad for them with Babs' stroke. You're never ready to lose your parents. These years toward their 70s-80s goes alot faster than you think they will.

• Love 2