Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Almost every answer in her 'ask me anything' is rude and obnoxious.

She should've just said "ask me anything that makes me sound amazing" because anything less than that and she is being a total asshole to people. 

• Love 18

I guess she doesn't want fans anymore?  Or a show?  Or . . . ?  Wow.  She is nowhere near a big enough "talent" to take that kind of attitude with people asking questions, especially when there is absolutely nothing wrong with the questions. There is a way of saying when a show is completely focused on you and you amp up your personality to try to create appeal it might come off as narcissism.  But that would take self reflection and the ability to communicate like a functional adult. Also, every person in the world has said something that they regret in hindsight. Oh, to be as perfect as Whitney! 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

IMG_0566.thumb.jpeg.ab6624c33a79734fa060b2dc1734254d.jpeg

Is this the same group she acted like she loved which included Roy that she "had in the bag?"

Holy shit. Who pissed in her cornflakes?  Only explanation I can come up with---other than raging  assholism--- is that she’s posting while drunk.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Holy shit. Who pissed in her cornflakes?  Only explanation I can come up with---other than raging  assholism--- is that she’s posting while drunk.  

No she is not drunk.she is near the end. pretty soon no mobility no friends 'not sayin she has any now', no show except 600lb 'life ' and she won't do that. the crazy train is heading out.If she wasn't such a big piece of shit I might feel bad but she is and I don't.Good luck 'Asshole of the Universe'.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

she’s posting while drunk. 

It is unquestionable that she is full of rage, but I think alcohol might be lowering her already tenuous control of herself. Her facade of being a civilized human being began slipping a long time ago.

I've said it before, but she was hardly a slim dancer in high school. She cropped the prom picture in the pink dress to avoid showing the bulges. The picture with Todd and the poster are hiding her figure. I would guess that there aren't any other pictures that she would share when she does not appear to be overweight. (Other than the one wearing casual clothes and resting her elbows on the fireplace mantle. That one does meet my definition of "thin" and that one alone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

IMG_0566.thumb.jpeg.ab6624c33a79734fa060b2dc1734254d.jpeg

Is this the same group she acted like she loved which included Roy that she "had in the bag?"

No, that was her fake internship. 

Before the show started, Whitney worked as a producer at a local radio station. It was managed by Heather's husband. The station is what made her famous because they shared her "Fat Girl Dancing" video that went viral. That's the station she's talking about here, not Roy's.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She's also stupid - one of her questions was 'how many children do you want' ... you know right in the middle of her storyline about freezing her eggs....

And her answer is 'none'

Just don't tell those 12 eggs she's supposedly frozen that they're unwanted!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

No, that was her fake internship. 

Before the show started, Whitney worked as a producer at a local radio station. It was managed by Heather's husband. The station is what made her famous because they shared her "Fat Girl Dancing" video that went viral. That's the station she's talking about here, not Roy's.

So Heathers hubby gave her a job and the station promoted her video….but they are all assholes…got it.

she sure loves to post pics of her younger self doesn’t she? It was the only question she answered respectfully. Also, if she has zero fucks about the opinion of strangers then why set up an “Ask me anything?” 

I love reading the snark but stopped watching this shit show in hopes she gets canceled. See how much she cares about our opinions then.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 11

IMO she's move anywhere in the world she thought she'd have a man, and she knew Chase wasn't it.  What I can't figure out is if she really thinks she "loves" this dude (who obviously does not "love" her back) or if she's playing along for a storyline.  I think she really did think she and Avi were "in love" which was why she was hot to convert to Judaism.  I think she always knew Chase was a storyline, or there'd be no way they were rooming with Ryan in France.  Clearly everyone but her (and Ashley?) sees that this is stupid, but are shutting up because they don't want to get yelled at and/or realize it's the storyline for the season.  Does she get that, or does she really believe she has this guy in the bag?

Answering this from the show thread....

She did mention in her latest 'ask me anything' that she's currently absorbing everything she can on Islam. So if the speculation that this guy is really from Morocco or other similar country and is Muslim, then she could have decided this guy is into her and she's doing the "conversion" thing again. 

If that is true, it's unfortunate for Whitney because I see two problems with that (at least) - first he isn't into her. If she doesn't know this is a storyline, then it should be obvious to her anyway. He hasn't shown one ounce of interest in Whitney.  So if she thinks converting to Islam is going to make him gaga for her ... just no.

Second, she also said in her 'ask me anything' that she was glad she wasn't raised with any kind of religious beliefs. That isn't exactly the kind of response that will sell someone on the idea that you are searching for a religion and now have found what is meaningful to you and want to convert. So once again... she's full of caca 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She did mention in her latest 'ask me anything' that she's currently absorbing everything she can on Islam. So if the speculation that this guy is really from Morocco or other similar country and is Muslim, then she could have decided this guy is into her and she's doing the "conversion" thing again. 

If that is true, it's unfortunate for Whitney because I see two problems with that (at least) - first he isn't into her. If she doesn't know this is a storyline, then it should be obvious to her anyway. He hasn't shown one ounce of interest in Whitney.  So if she thinks converting to Islam is going to make him gaga for her ... just no.

Second, she also said in her 'ask me anything' that she was glad she wasn't raised with any kind of religious beliefs. That isn't exactly the kind of response that will sell someone on the idea that you are searching for a religion and now have found what is meaningful to you and want to convert. So once again... she's full of caca 

But..but…wasn’t she converting to Judaism  because it spoke to her and not because of Avi? 

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Wow compared to now back then she was practically skinny ! 

She is really a rude woman! 

It probably her eating disorder, you know she doesn't eat but once a day! 😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 10/26/2021 at 11:46 AM, Me from ME said:

It is unquestionable that she is full of rage, but I think alcohol might be lowering her already ten

I've said it before, but she was hardly a slim dancer in high school. 

She was never skin and bones, but she was a normal weight in high school.  She gained 100 during her first year in college, when most gain "The Freshman 15"...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Does anyone else think that the whole Frenchman storyline is a way to give Whitney a graceful exit from the show? She'll say she's with LeBlur and has to leave the show and social media because he doesn't want to be in the public eye?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Does anyone else think that the whole Frenchman storyline is a way to give Whitney a graceful exit from the show? She'll say she's with LeBlur and has to leave the show and social media because he doesn't want to be in the public eye?

One can only hope!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

It could be so easily debunked though. I don't really see why they need a reason to end the show - low ratings; Whitney just wants to do something else; etc. etc. There's no benefit to TLC to giving her a soft landing - they can just cut her loose when they're done.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

The exit I'd prefer is TLC to just not renew the show.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

No. They are not. They LIVE for showing us how graceLESS Whitney is.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
On 10/27/2021 at 3:26 PM, 3girlsforus said:

This is so sad.  She reminds me of a woman I knew that fell for a Frenchman that was an immigrant to the US.  She learned French, adopted a French accent and even converted to Christianity (she was non-religious Jewish) while they were dating to please him.  The only thing is that he was so enamored with American culture that he changed his first name to "Philip" from "Philippe" and did everything he could to lose his French accent.  She was smoking filter-free cigarettes and eating brioche while he was going to baseball games and eating hot dogs.  She managed to get him to marry her by getting pregnant but not surprisingly the marriage didn't last long.

With Whitney, it's not just about not having any religion, but not having any identification with or appreciation for her cultural roots.  It's sad that she has to adopt a foreign culture like she's putting on a costume to feel like she can attract a man.  She acts so arrogant and full of herself but deep down there is some kind of self-loathing going on.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

This is so sad.  She reminds me of a woman I knew that fell for a Frenchman that was an immigrant to the US.  She learned French, adopted a French accent and even converted to Christianity (she was non-religious Jewish) while they were dating to please him.  The only thing is that he was so enamored with American culture that he changed his first name to "Philip" from "Philippe" and did everything he could to lose his French accent.  She was smoking filter-free cigarettes and eating brioche while he was going to baseball games and eating hot dogs.  She managed to get him to marry her by getting pregnant but not surprisingly the marriage didn't last long.

With Whitney, it's not just about not having any religion, but not having any identification with or appreciation for her cultural roots.  It's sad that she has to adopt a foreign culture like she's putting on a costume to feel like she can attract a man.  She acts so arrogant and full of herself but deep down there is some kind of self-loathing going on.

I've said before  ---  she's empty inside.  She keeps searching for something to fill the void, whether it's a man, vast quantities of food, weightlifting,  etc. She desperately needs a good psychotherapist,  not the current HAES hack she's seeing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 10/28/2021 at 8:33 PM, all4mom2 said:

For those who actually have PCOS, when do symptoms begin?  We've already discussed that most don't become morbidly obese as a result.

I guess at first during puberty, I was never skinny but I was 145lbs at 5'6" at graduation (HS) and 2 years later I was 204lbs. So I gained a a bit relatively quickly, PCOS as well as metabolic syndrome and LADA all contributed. I didn't even get my period until a month before my 16th birthday. As an adult I bounced from 200-220lbs, I am now at 170lbs at 5'8" and I feel ok. I realized what was happening at 204# and had to change my lifestyle, it's almost as if she just sat back and watched it happen. At the point I am now at (50yo) I eat 1200-1300 calories a day to maintain the 170lbs, it's not easy (honestly not that hard either) but it is my life. 

Edited by spacefly
  • Love 5

For those who actually have PCOS, when do symptoms begin?  We've already discussed that most don't become morbidly obese as a result.

Don't have PCOS, but am a gynecologist.  Most women who have PCOS are symptomatic practically from the time they start having periods.  It's kind of an inherent malfunction of the hormones that regulate ovulation, so, in most women, it starts when they should start ovulating, a year or two after the first period.

Not all women who have PCOS are overweight, although many are, and it is inherently harder for them to lose weight than it is for people who don't have this hormone imbalance.  However, most women with PCOS are not morbidly obese ala Whitney, nor is it impossible for them to lose weight as she insists.  And, if a woman is diagnosed with PCOS and is overweight, losing some weight, even just 10-20 lbs, can trigger them to ovulate regularly again even if they are still considered overweight.  There are medications that can help jump-start weight loss in PCOS, too.

Women with PCOS have a very high risk of becoming Type II diabetics aa they get older which is another good reason to try to maintain their weight as much as possible.

• Useful 15
  • Love 1

I have pcos, my symptoms started like 1-2 years after my period. I did gain weight fairly rapidly, but not enough to become morbidly obese. My highest weight is about 180. I have more issues with the excess body hair, some thinning hair at the front of my hairline, enough that I notice it but not sure many other people do, and irregular periods. I did have to go through IVF because of it, which was unsuccessful for me. I definitely have to be cautious of what I’m eating because it is easy to put on weight and it is harder for it to come off 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Was Buddy part of Whit's high school gang? He wasn't in that picture. Also, did she ever mention dating while still in school? I bet she never did, as she was tied to that group of pretty much misfits?

Supposedly, Buddy was Whit's pizza delivery man and Whit was his number-one customer.  She obviously developed a crush on him and offered him a role on the show (he identifies as "actor" on his profile) which paid better than delivering pizzas!  But her history with Ashley was never really explained...

• Useful 2
8 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Supposedly, Buddy was Whit's pizza delivery man and Whit was his number-one customer.  She obviously developed a crush on him and offered him a role on the show (he identifies as "actor" on his profile) which paid better than delivering pizzas!  But her history with Ashley was never really explained...

I've always assumed she became especially obsessed with Buddy because he dated Heather.  It had to be upsetting to her that she becomes friends with this guy and he chooses to date someone else instead of her. So she's obsessed with proving he actually did choose her at some point (the 'cross the threshold discussion') and that they have some kind of cosmic connection that transcends their other relationships. I still think one of the original intended storylines for the ultimate demise of her relationship with Chase was for Chase to be jealous of her relationship with Buddy.  I also think Whitney was instrumental in the show continuing to identify Heather as 'Buddy's ex-girlfriend' years after they broke up. It's one of the few things Heather actually posted on SM that really bothered her because she'd moved on ages before so I'm sure Whitney loved to know it irked her. 

• Love 4
On 10/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Colleenna said:

That may not be as far-fetched as it sounds. Most addicts have multiple addictions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Kid said:

That may not be as far-fetched as it sounds. Most addicts have multiple addictions.

We know she drinks (and smokes); we saw Babs cleaning empty wine bottles out from under her bed in the first season -- maybe the first episode!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I believe that Buddy was a friend of one of Twit's boyfriends in High School. There is a video somewhere on the web of him when he was younger, slimmer, and had more hair. He was in a band and the group of them went to some kind of restaurant that had huge multi-meat sandwiches which were free if someone could eat it within the allotted time. With his band mates looking on and encouraging him he tried but failed. So, if he had been a fairly attractive rock and roller I could see her crushing on him.

Yes, she does drink and may do some other kind of mood enhancement - judging from the short video she posted with Tal from her closet early on. It was before he became sober and they were both under the influence of something and fully or partially nude. (This may have been the catalyst for him to get sober.)

BTW 3girlsforus, I'm sure it was your spell checker but Twit had proudly proclaimed that she and Buddy had "crossed the FLESHhold" because she is so clever and quirky. Which in my mind makes her even more obnoxious. And with that, I'll just say...Beee!

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Yes, she does drink and may do some other kind of mood enhancemen

yes drinking,sniffing farts and armpits,pissing all over like a dog.the blur is gonna love this cesspool.

• LOL 4
20 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Don't have PCOS, but am a gynecologist.  Most women who have PCOS are symptomatic practically from the time they start having periods.  It's kind of an inherent malfunction of the hormones that regulate ovulation, so, in most women, it starts when they should start ovulating, a year or two after the first period.

Not all women who have PCOS are overweight, although many are, and it is inherently harder for them to lose weight than it is for people who don't have this hormone imbalance.  However, most women with PCOS are not morbidly obese ala Whitney, nor is it impossible for them to lose weight as she insists.  And, if a woman is diagnosed with PCOS and is overweight, losing some weight, even just 10-20 lbs, can trigger them to ovulate regularly again even if they are still considered overweight.  There are medications that can help jump-start weight loss in PCOS, too.

Women with PCOS have a very high risk of becoming Type II diabetics aa they get older which is another good reason to try to maintain their weight as much as possible.

Isn't it still possible that she has some other kind of genetic tendency that makes it all too easy to gain weight, then add the inherent tendency from PCOS to have difficulty losing weight and it could be a double whammy?

I find it interesting that she gained so much in her freshman year of college.  I get it that stress had something to do with overeating, but I find it hard to believe that she could eat so much as to gain 100 pounds within a year even with overeating unless more was going on in her body.  

My body seems to have been programmed to start gaining weight at around age 30.  Before that I was skinny no matter what I ate.  I was able to keep it down with tons of bike riding (30 mile rides every week, 20 miles on weekdays) but after I slacked off a little due to a change in life responsibilities the weight piled on.  I was still able to lose and keep it off for decades with a combination of diligent diet and exercise, but approaching menopause it got more difficult and I couldn't get below a certain weight.  After menopause nothing worked, and I mean NOTHING short of starvation.  And speaking of that, I had an almost year long period of near-starvation when I had gallbladder issues and insane indigestion brought on by that.  It took having my gallbladder removed and then 3 endoscopies to remove stones still stuck in my bile duct.  While all this was going on I had to eat a very low calorie, low fat diet, one that would be considered very unhealthy as it was below 1000 calories a day, otherwise I suffered intense pain and indigestion.  I suffered greatly but after it was all over I lost 40 lbs.  It took me about a YEAR to lose that, though!  Since then the pandemic didn't help plus I lost my father to Covid so I gained back about 25 lbs. which I am maintaining but it's still very, very hard.  I walk and diet like a fiend but the scale doesn't budge.

This seems to be the same pattern my mother, grandmother and great grandmother faced in their lives all down the same side of the family.  They were a little heavier than I am because I know more than they did about diet and nutrition, plus I exercise more.  Very recently I took a comprehensive and respected DNA test for health which told me that not only am I fat and carb. sensitive, but I have a much greater than average tendency to be obese based on my genetics.  Well, tell me something I didn't already know, LOL.  This is one reason why I refuse to pass judgment on Whitney because I feel like she may also have something going on in addition to PCOS that can't be explained by overeating. 

I sometimes think many thin people have no clue how they think they're eating healthy and low calorie and fat when in reality I eat much less than they do and exercise MORE.  When I was young I was one of those people.  I ate WAY more when I was young and assumed that it was simply a matter of calories in/energy out and that being overweight was always a result of not enough exercise and overeating.  But the more science learns about obesity the more it is becoming open to realizing that there is often more going on than can be explained by a person's habits.  As much as I can't stand Whitney for many other reasons I still think there might be more going on with her in addition to PCOS that isn't explainable by her eating and exercise habits.  A lot of people have dreadful eating habits and are skinny as rails.  I know a few of them in my own life.  When I go out to eat with them I am eating the low fat salad plate and they are gorging on pizza and cheeseburgers even well into their '60s.  One woman I know is 4'11" and I doubt she weighs much over 100 lbs. at age 67 and eats like that.  Life is often not fair and there's a lot more going on with us that is not really under our control.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

BTW 3girlsforus, I'm sure it was your spell checker but Twit had proudly proclaimed that she and Buddy had "crossed the FLESHhold" because she is so clever and quirky. Which in my mind makes her even more obnoxious. And with that, I'll just say...Beee!

UGH - I had successfully suppressed that little gem from Whit's vocabulary. Thanks for making me ill enough not to want any Halloween candy tonight...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1