Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE - Premieres on Tuesday, August 17 at 9pm ET/PT

This season on MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE, Whitney is showing signs of life after love. With the end of her engagement in the rearview mirror, she's focused on her future. Her virtual fitness business with friend Jessica is thriving, and a recent move back to her hometown of Greensboro, NC means she's closer to family and friends. In fact, Buddy is actually living at her house, but he spends the majority of time at his new girlfriend's place. Whitney is exploring a new relationship of her own, as an online flirtation buds with a man who lives in Paris - the two met while Whitney was taking virtual French lessons, but long distance, especially cross-continental, is never easy, so the two of them are working to figure out exactly what they have. Whitney is also pursuing her goal of receiving her personal training certification, but she soon finds that anti-fat prejudices make it hard to develop a client base. Another dream of Whitney's - motherhood - remains intact, but her journey is filled with challenges. Meanwhile, living in her hometown means Whitney can spend more time with her parents, but after taking them to receive their second vaccine shot, her mom takes a nasty spill, further tweaking her already-strained back. As the season progresses, Whitney and her gang are fully vaccinated and the world is opening back up, meaning the possibilities are seemingly endless; celebratory trips ensue, but one big question remains: will Whitney get the opportunity to meet her Frenchman in person? Join the conversation using #MyBigFatFabLife. MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE is produced by Pilgrim Media Group, a Lionsgate Company, for TLC.

Thanks for posting, sounds like another snoozefest, but I’ll be here for the snark.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Thanks for posting, sounds like another snoozefest, but I’ll be here for the snark.

Just for kicks and giggles,  I follow her on IG. She shills just about everything you can think of. I just don't get the love of her fawning fans. They swoon over every post saying how they love her, she looks great, she's living her best life. I'll come here for the snark, but will ff through the episodes.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Her virtual fitness business with friend Jessica is thriving,

I'm interested to know how it's thriving because I follow both of them on Instagram (I don't know why I do, I just do) and neither of them talk about it. or promote it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

MY BIG FAT FABULOUS LIFE - Premieres on Tuesday, August 17 at 9pm ET/PT

....Whitney is exploring a new relationship of her own, as an online flirtation buds with a man who lives in Paris - the two met while Whitney was taking virtual French lessons, but long distance, especially cross-continental, is never easy, so the two of them are working to figure out exactly what they have. 

Stay away from the 90 Day franchise, Whitney.  It's full to capacity with messy wackadoos.  Keep your brand of crazy to your own show pls/thx.

Edited by ALittleShelfish
spelling
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

I'm interested to know how it's thriving because I follow both of them on Instagram (I don't know why I do, I just do) and neither of them talk about it. or promote it. 

I guess it depends on how one defines "thriving."  According to the Facebook group numbers, Whitney and Ryan had around 2700 members in NoBS Active  when Whitney gave Ryan the boot and put Jessica in his place. As of today, there are 1553 members. That's nearly a 60% loss!  Whitney has made it clear she doesn't consider losing in general to be a positive thing, but perhaps she makes an exception for this! :)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I follow her on IG. She shills just about everything you can think of. 

I guess she's at least smart enough to know that her brand of "fame" is fleeting and she should cash in while she can?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I guess it depends on how one defines "thriving."  According to the Facebook group numbers, Whitney and Ryan had around 2700 members in NoBS Active  when Whitney gave Ryan the boot and put Jessica in his place. As of today, there are 1553 members. That's nearly a 60% loss!  Whitney has made it clear she doesn't consider losing in general to be a positive thing, but perhaps she makes an exception for this! :)

Not to mention Ryan started a new group when he lost Whitney and now he has 2200 members and his activity numbers are much higher than are showing on Whitney's group (just based on what FB shows - I am not a member of either group). That has to chap her considerable hide to know he's been more than fine without her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Stay away from the 90 Day franchise, Whitney.  It's full to capacity with messy wackadoos.  Keep your brand of crazy to your own show pls/thx.

The only TLC show she should cross over to is 600lb life.

• Love 3

I find it amusing that ol Whit was taking French lessons, clearly she is a pro at it with her Dadwee (oui) spelling. She rarely ever follows through with anything like becoming the largest personal trainer on the east coast, her NOBS is kaput it appears for now 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not gonna lie, I liked Whitney. I liked her FU attitude towards others as a large woman. I admired her confidence. That was YEARS ago. She has shown no growth, no maturity, no self-awareness and no ability to start a commitment and see it through. My dad would have called her "tits on a boar".

• Love 8

/sarcastafont/ Well clearly she is now an expert on the  French language,  and should start a new business  offering  online  French  lessons.  I'm sure her disciples would  cheerfully  pony up $20 a month for 4 lessons a week, 20 minutes each,  10 minutes of which would be  Twit futzing with the camera and giggling.  /sarcastafont  off/

• LOL 1

Supposedly her new man is from Paris. Of course she will try to learn the language. Just like she was going to convert to Judaism when she was dating the jewish guy. I can't wait to see this new season because it must be all scripted BS, right? I mean I always heard the French people do not like FAT. Especially Fat Americans. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The French also do not like people that butcher their language...been there done that...many years ago...thought 4 years of High School French was going to get me by. Nope! This could be very entertaining!!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 4

She is probably telling all her barnacles, she has him in the bag...I wouldn't be surprised if she has filters on while taking the online class and now he is going to come visit or he wants her to visit and how is she going to explain her 380lb body now. ( that would be funny actually)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ok, so the story is she hasn't met this mysterious French man? Then did we ever get an explanation as to what she, a woman who doesn't do anything without an entourage, ran off to Paris alone for? She left her family and new "fiancee" for their first holiday season together, a weird time to take a sudden trip. Awfully sus that she just happened to meet a French man right after online. 

And in filming time, isn't this again happening during those months when she had the meltdown over Chase's babies birth and claiming she still needed closure? TLC is really trying to gloss over the timeline here.

• Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, alabetser said:

Ok, so the story is she hasn't met this mysterious French man? Then did we ever get an explanation as to what she, a woman who doesn't do anything without an entourage, ran off to Paris alone for? She left her family and new "fiancee" for their first holiday season together, a weird time to take a sudden trip. Awfully sus that she just happened to meet a French man right after online.

It's almost impossible to make sense of the storylines, particularly the chronology, of MBFFL. But a quick check of Whit's instagram establishes that she went back to Paris and also for a brief side trip to Switzerland with Chase's full knowledge. Also, she wasn't alone, Natalie and AnnaCeleste were there, too.

To quote one of her posts, "Before I left for Europe, @severinbro7 told me to 'be careful.'  Don’t worry, babe, we’re not doing anything weird 😂 Scroll to the video...girls just wanna have fun." Here's the LINK to scroll to the video with.  (The link might not work - I was getting some error messages when I tried to use it, but it's shows the three ladies disporting themselves in lingerie.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1

Are these the events that the audience is supposed to believe happened:

• She was planning her wedding
  • She went “missing” in Paris 
  • She and Chase broke up 
  • She played house with Buddy during the pandemic 
  • She allegedly rolled around with Lennie
  • Buddy starts making her less sandwiches
  • She rips her shirt off and runs out of the room
  • She WASN’T READY for a baby that weekend
  • She found love online with the Frenchman
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

It's almost impossible to make sense of the storylines, particularly the chronology, of MBFFL. But a quick check of Whit's instagram establishes that she went back to Paris and also for a brief side trip to Switzerland with Chase's full knowledge. Also, she wasn't alone, Natalie and AnnaCeleste were there, too.

To quote one of her posts, "Before I left for Europe, @severinbro7 told me to 'be careful.'  Don’t worry, babe, we’re not doing anything weird 😂 Scroll to the video...girls just wanna have fun." Here's the LINK to scroll to the video with.  (The kink might not work - I was getting some error messages when I tried to use it, but it's shows the three ladies disporting themselves in lingerie.)

I remember that trip. They posted almost non-stop during that trip and there wasn't a single man. No way she met him then. Of course that's assuming she met this guy at all. More likely he answered a casting call.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I remember that trip. They posted almost non-stop during that trip and there wasn't a single man. No way she met him then. Of course that's assuming she met this guy at all. More likely he answered a casting call.

I thought that I read in one of the linked articles that she met him online while taking French lessons, not that she actually met him in France???

Sidebar - Paris and Switzerland. That sounds like a great trip. 

5 hours ago, alabetser said:

And in filming time, isn't this again happening during those months when she had the meltdown over Chase's babies birth and claiming she still needed closure?

Not really.  Chase’s daughter is nearly a year old now. Assuming that her meltdown and meeting with Chase happened around  October/November 2020 (judging from the little I saw of that episode, it appeared to be in the fall), and they probably didn't start filming again until  NC reopened in the  Spring,  there's  plenty of time for TLC to manufacture this new romance.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:18 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Get ready for more chub rubbing, fake relationships and donkey braying, the bitch is back August 17th.

Seriously? This bullshit has been renewed?!? 

I quit watching a couple seasons ago, except for the occasional flipping-through-channels-let’s-see-if-it’s-still-stoopid watch (admittedly, I like watching her be made to look like an idiot). 

This show had potential in the beginning. Now, it’s nothing but fake storylines. I cannot believe this show is still in production. I had it pegged to end several seasons back. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I quit watching a couple seasons ago, except for the occasional flipping-through-channels-let’s-see-if-it’s-still-stoopid watch (admittedly, I like watching her be made to look like an idiot). 

This show had potential in the beginning. Now, it’s nothing but fake storylines. I cannot believe this show is still in production. I had it pegged to end several seasons back. 

I think Covid and Discovery+ has really helped Whit keep this shit show going. Covid made it very difficult to develop new programming. It's far easier to keep something already established going while dealing with restrictions. Also, they are really focusing on developing shows that will bring paying watchers to Discovery+. That doesn't leave a lot of time or interest in developing shows for the regular channels (which btw people pay for too but they don't seem to care). So for now it's just easy to leave this crap on the air. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2021 at 4:51 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Do you suppose the casting call would have had a caveat, such as "Must be willing to wear a chastity cage to which only Whitney holds a key for the duration of filming"?   😂

• LOL 4
20 hours ago, Maisiesmom said:

I just watched the link that Ketzel posted above-wish I would not have done that! Does she really think she's sexy??? I was going to have a snack-(some melon) but now I have lost my appetite.

I just watched it as I’m doing a cool down on my indoor cycle. It was painful to watch—she appears awkward, has a balance problem and cannot perform the moves in a natural, fluid manner. 

• Love 1
On 6/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, TurtlePower said:

Oh you are SO right, I agree with everything you said. After the more fake than ever last season I was sure that it was finally done.  I watched it here & there, but it was so awful that I just couldn't & would usually catch up here to read the highlights/lowlights. Whitney Thore is a spoiled conceited gross lazy oversized baby exhibitionist who couldn't attract a really decent nice man (and it's NOT due to her size). I've been to Paris, & there's no way someone like Whitney wouldn't attract attention in a very bad way. If there's another faux-mance this season, it's another actor, so here's hoping this one has already impregnated a secret wife/GF.  

• Love 5
On 6/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, Ketzel said:

I guess it depends on how one defines "thriving." 

Just like "so busy" has a different definition in Whitney's world 😄. Also "workout", "competition winner", "not liking cake", "converting to Judaism" and "boyfriend" 😁

On 6/12/2021 at 11:35 PM, Colleenna said:

Not really.  Chase’s daughter is nearly a year old now. Assuming that her meltdown and meeting with Chase happened around  October/November 2020 (judging from the little I saw of that episode, it appeared to be in the fall), and they probably didn't start filming again until  NC reopened in the  Spring,  there's  plenty of time for TLC to manufacture this new romance.

If he's just someone she "met online" it could have happened the day she started filming!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Okay, I'm the odd one out.  I was pretty happy when I found out she'd been renewed.  I have no life, so watching this with my hubby while making snarky comments was the highlight of my weeknight.  Also, she's my inspiration for working out, just not for the reasons she would think.  When I don't feel like exercising I just think of her crying during the Hawaii 8K and it motivates me to move my butt.  I'm no where near the fittest person in the world but I can go for an hour long walk and not whine and cry about it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

So is that her Frenchman? Her outfit is cute, but it looks like she was eating powdered donuts sloppily.

Just for grins, I went to the  Torrid website (God help me, now I'll be bombarded with plus size ads) to see what that romper is supposed to look like. Apparently it's so tight on her that it's see-through.  Either that, or as you said,  she was eating powdered donuts sloppily.  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

Just for grins, I went to the  Torrid website (God help me, now I'll be bombarded with plus size ads) to see what that romper is supposed to look like. Apparently it's so tight on her that it's see-through.  Either that, or as you said,  she was eating powdered donuts sloppily.  

Is it possible to eat powdered donuts neatly?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, Bookworm 1979 said:

Okay, I'm the odd one out.  I was pretty happy when I found out she'd been renewed.  I have no life, so watching this with my hubby while making snarky comments was the highlight of my weeknight.  Also, she's my inspiration for working out, just not for the reasons she would think.  When I don't feel like exercising I just think of her crying during the Hawaii 8K and it motivates me to move my butt.  I'm no where near the fittest person in the world but I can go for an hour long walk and not whine and cry about it.

This will always be one of my favorite episodes of this farce.  There are pretty close seconds with the whole skiing debacle and the jitney-riding parade, but the Hawaii episode will always make me laugh the hardest  😂

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Wow. You are right. I checked it out and all of that white part isn’t actually part of the outfit. She’s really stretching that fabric. 

(edited)
On 6/17/2021 at 10:36 PM, Persnickety1 said:

This will always be one of my favorite episodes of this farce.  There are pretty close seconds with the whole skiing debacle and the jitney-riding parade, but the Hawaii episode will always make me laugh the hardest  😂

Same. Let’s add all the other times Whitney had lofty goals of “winning” or doing well at something.  Somehow, she expected the required skills/fitness would somehow manifest without putting in the required work—often YEARS—that someone in that particular sport or activity would have needed to put in.  She truly is delusional oftentimes, wanting big reward for very little output or practice. 

I also get tired of her blaming PCOS for her weight gain. I have that, too, and have to work my ass off to stay fit. Plant based all day every day and very little processed food. It’s a challenge, but it can be done if one puts forth the effort and is determined. Whitney needs to hear from people like me instead of those who submit to an “unfair” situation. 

I’d start watching again if she’s be real amd address it and do something about it versus season after season of fake storylines. 

EDIT: I remember when Whitney attended a PCOS conference and she was by far the fattest one there. Those women didn’t pay much attention to her, and Whitney didn’t appear pleased! 

Edited by TurtlePower
Additional
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Got to love Whitney.... her Father's Day post is a video of Whitney as a child. This is followed by "I love this photo of Hunter and me'... which is a photo of Whitney and you can see Hunter's arm draped around her but not his face or body.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Got to love Whitney.... her Father's Day post is a video of Whitney as a child. This is followed by "I love this photo of Hunter and me'... which is a photo of Whitney and you can see Hunter's arm draped around her but not his face or body.

And I've seen a few comments of, "We can't see Hunter in that photo, Whitney!" 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Same. Let’s add all the other times Whitney had lofty goals of “winning” or doing well at something.  Somehow, she expected the required skills/fitness would somehow manifest without putting in the required work—often YEARS—that someone in that particular sport or activity would have needed to put in.  She truly is delusional oftentimes, wanting big reward for very little output or practice. 

I also get tired of her blaming PCOS for her weight gain. I have that, too, and have to work my ass off to stay fit. Plant based all day every day and very little processed food. It’s a challenge, but it can be done if one puts forth the effort and is determined. Whitney needs to hear from people like me instead of those who submit to an “unfair” situation. 

I’d start watching again if she’s be real amd address it and do something about it versus season after season of fake storylines. 

EDIT: I remember when Whitney attended a PCOS conference and she was by far the fattest one there. Those women didn’t pay much attention to her, and Whitney didn’t appear pleased! 

I agree.

This show was already a couple of seasons in when I started watching it.  Uplifting story about a morbidly obese woman who loves to dance and living her best life despite her weight challenges.  I thought I'd give it a shot.

And lo and behold, what did I find?  An insufferable asshole telling all and sundry that she could "do anything a skinny bitch can do."

And then spent several seasons showing us that she couldn't really do anything a "skinny bitch" could do.  Couldn't even walk in a relatively short distance marathon, couldn't even rub cream onto her own thighs, couldn't even stand on skis much less ski, couldn't dance for 2 hours in a dance marathon without keeling over, and the list of what she can't do goes on and on.  

I know she has her fans who think she's extraordinary, but I think the only thing extraordinary about her is her level of denial and delusion.  And the amount of pizza she can shove down her gobbler is pretty extraordinary, too.

Of course, once I saw her for the insufferable asshole that she is, I was hooked on the show for the snark.  I'm delighted she was renewed because the upcoming season's plot line sounds positively ludicrous 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I agree.

This show was already a couple of seasons in when I started watching it.  Uplifting story about a morbidly obese woman who loves to dance and living her best life despite her weight challenges.  I thought I'd give it a shot.

And lo and behold, what did I find?  An insufferable asshole telling all and sundry that she could "do anything a skinny bitch can do."

And then spent several seasons showing us that she couldn't really do anything a "skinny bitch" could do.  Couldn't even walk in a relatively short distance marathon, couldn't even rub cream onto her own thighs, couldn't even stand on skis much less ski, couldn't dance for 2 hours in a dance marathon without keeling over, and the list of what she can't do goes on and on.  

I know she has her fans who think she's extraordinary, but I think the only thing extraordinary about her is her level of denial and delusion.  And the amount of pizza she can shove down her gobbler is pretty extraordinary, too.

Of course, once I saw her for the insufferable asshole that she is, I was hooked on the show for the snark.  I'm delighted she was renewed because the upcoming season's plot line sounds positively ludicrous 😂

All. Of. This. 

7 hours ago, stoppro said:

TLC crap train keeps rolling down the track of stupid.They used to call it "The Learning Channel. What is the new name? I am sure we have some good guesses.

The Lying Channel?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, Bookworm 1979 said:

I like the show too.  Whit is infuriating at times, but overall, in the world of reality tv characters, not too bad.  I enjoy the show, but I may be biased since I live in NC and I have good friends who are from Greensboro.  So there’s that.  😁

I’m delighted the show has been renewed though the idea of a long distance love affair is disappointing. 😩 I’ve had enough of that BS from 90 Day Fiancé.  But, still looking forward to a new season.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1